Combo Box not displaying first value - 130824

I am using Access 2003 SP3

I created a Combo Box with two columns. The first column is bound to
the field ID. It is a Yes/No field with a default "Yes". The second
column is displayed on the form.

NameApprovedCombo

1;" APPROVED";0;"NOT APPROVED"
0
Debbiedo

What is not display when you say 'Combo Box not displaying first value'?
Are you talking about first record or first selection choice?

It should be  ----  -1;"APPROVED";0;"NOT APPROVED"
Minus one (-1) for Yes or True.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

On Jan 24, 12:09=A0pm, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> What is not display when you say 'Combo Box not displaying first value'?
> Are you talking about first record or first selection choice?
>
> It should be =A0---- =A0-1;"APPROVED";0;"NOT APPROVED"
> Minus one (-1) for Yes or True.
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "Debbiedo" wrote:
> > I am using Access 2003 SP3
>
> > I created a Combo Box with two columns. The first column is bound to
> > the field ID. It is a Yes/No field with a default "Yes". The second
> > column is displayed on the form.
>
> > NameApprovedCombo
>
> > 1;" APPROVED";0;"NOT APPROVED"- Hide quoted text -

Yes! I figured it was something really simple. Thanks.

Deb
0
Debbiedo

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

Compare values in columns
How can I compare a master part numbers list in one Excel column or worksheet against actual values in a second Excel column or worksheet, and display the missing part numbers that were not in the second column in a new column or worksheet? For Example: Part Number Master Part List Missing Parts 12A221315 12A221315 12A221332 12A221316 12A221316 12A221333 12A221317 12A221317 12A221318 12A221318 12A221319 12A221319 12A221320 12A221320 12A221321 12A221321 12A221322 12A221322 12A221323 12A221323 12A221324 12A221324 12A221325 12A221325 12A221326 12A221326 12A221327 12A22132...

how do i view different mail boxes
I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? btoonhoule <btoonhoule@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I > choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? Using IMO or C/W mode? -- Brian Tillman ...

Concatenate Multi-Select List Box Items
I need to use the chosen items in a multi-select List Box as concatenated text in another control on a subform. This text will be part of a large amount of concatenated text. How do I do this? I did find info here about using such items in a query but it was way over my head and I couldn't figure out how to convert that idea to this issue so please don't just refer me to that w/o some other explanation for this novice. For example, if the user selects: Frt Bumper, Grille, & Headlamp in the List Box, I want to then somehow concatenate those selections into a sente...

Displaying Percent Sign
Hello, I have a column of percentages in an .xls file. The percentage column displays the percent sign which is what I want. I need to import this XLS file into another application. The application recognizes excel files. But after importing the excel file, instead of displaying percentages such as 5%, 10%, 20%, the column now shows the decimal equivalent .05, .1, .2. I need to retain the percent sign in the other application. In excel, I tried reformatting the percent column to text. But the percent signs were still converted to decimal equivalents in the other application. I think that if e...

Filtering a combo box using a combo box
All, I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box is blank? Thank you for your help. Regards, John Try a criteria in the second combo of: Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http:/...

colour change of dated box

Linking Values in Worksheets
Is there a simple method of linking a column of values in one worksheet to another worksheet? I can do it manually, one at a time but is there a way of copying the link down the column? (The columns are identical in length) Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1369 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1370 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1371 etc, etc Many thanks david Hi David try ='C:\Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C1369 and copy down Frank DavidM wrote: > Is there a simple method of linki...

Using Time as axis, and displaying info on plots
Hi every one...i've been racking my brain out on this one. I'd like to come up with a way to display things better. Background: I am making a running worksheet that has events fo multiple days. each day has a varying number of events. In order t effectively display the data for my boss, the best way is to do it on 24 hour clock instead of the standard 12 hour clock. This allows us t see patterns occuring at certain times. The way I have it currently set up is converting times to angles an using the days as magnitudes. Basically doing a polar chart t cartesian conversion. This...

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

Display Formula Values
I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using the value that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was actually input. For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1 is .075 and the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal places my formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%. How can I address this across the entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of the necessary cells. Thanks for your help. What formula do you have in B1? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------...

sent box
how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? -- deb deb wrote: > how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? Add/remove whatever columns you want. Right-click on the header row and select Field Chooser. i may have not explained myself too well i dont want to sort by the "to" column i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from" i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its just a folder named "sent" its for my boss, he ha...

Combo Boxes
Someone sent me an Excel document where each of the cells in I1:I312 are combo boxes. When you click off of those cells, the down arrow disappears. The list for the combo boxes are cells AA1 and AB1 (AA1 is New and AB1 is Existing). Please explain how this was done? Also, can you please tell me if it is possible to make New and Existing autocorrect entries. So even though the choices are New and Existing, if you hit N, New appears, and if you hit E, Existing appears. Thanks!! It sounds like Data|Validation. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVa...

area chart doesn't show values
hi all, in excel 2003 i have created a area chart, based on values per day. If i point the mouse on a data point, a flag will show the data and date of this value. after open in excel 2007, this will only work, if i change the chart type from area to line-graph, so do everybody know, how to show the values in an area chart? thanks and greetings from switzerland Dieter ...

Edit box should support languages like japanese,chineese etc
Hi wht im trying to ask is.. 1. In my application, all the labels r in english only. 2.If i change the content of one text box in japanese or chineese language , [Text box value is the title for another dialog] 4.After i changed the content, i want the title to be displayed in japanese or chineese language. Note: I want only that text box to be changed ,,not the entire application.. so How can i able to support multibyte characters in MFC controls CEdit --text boxes.. Plz reply They do. You have to be in a Unicode app, and you have to have selected a Unicode font that has Chin...

Attaching documents without saving them as an OLE file first.
It would be helpful to be able to attach documents (scanned) via a "ONE" step process vs. saving the scanned document to a file and then attaching that file as an OLE document in the "Note" field. Basically, place the item to be scanned in the scanner, press START and the image is immediately scanned to the "Note" field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

Separator in combo box
hi, Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something like a separator in menus? thanks, Behzad Try :- http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ http://blog.voidnish.com /* My blog on C++/CLI, MFC, Whidbey, CLR... */ "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:%23fVB3em5EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something > like...

Text boxes on graphs
How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The grid lines are still visible and run through the text box, cluttering it up. Thanks right-click text box choose -- 'Format Text Box' from shortcut menu colors and lines tab change fill color to white Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training Access Basics 8-part free tutorial that covers essentials in Access http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace * (: have an awesome day :) * Drew wrote: > How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The > grid line...

Nothing is Getting display in the Browser

How to display query criteria in my Report?
Hi, I have searched but found no answers, so I guess this is standard :P Anyhow, how do I get a certain fields query criteria written in the report? (For example, my data source is a query that selects all customers (cust_id) with annual turnover gretater than 10,000 (criteria is >10000). Now, sometimes I change the criteria so it would be nice to have it dynamically turn up on the report (rather than static text). But what's the "call function" for this? Kindly, Mikael Mikael Lindqvist wrote: >I have searched but found no answers, so I guess this is standard :P &g...

Multiple Combo Boxes Highlighted
Hi, I have a problem with something in VB6. I have 4 combo boxes with individual names (not an array) located on an SSTab object. When I select another tab and then return to the tab these boxes are located on, each of them appears to be highlighted in blue. I add values to them only when loading the form so I'm at a loss as to why this happens ? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen. "Jennifer Ward" <jward@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eq5HrcBrKHA.6064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a problem with someth...

What to do with First-Chance exception
Hello All. When I load my app in debuger output window I get messages like this: "First-chance exception at 0x793fbc81 in xx.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: COleException at memory location 0x0012f7cc.. Warning: constructing COleException, scode = DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND ($80020003)." Is it worth to bother with them? I'm using MSVC 2005 Windows 2k, all Service Packs, and my app loads some ActiveX controls. >When I load my app in debuger output window I get messages like this: >"First-chance exception at 0x793fbc81 in xx.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: >COleExcepti...

HELP !! Combo box to feed other combo boxes
Hi, I have a form with a stock list. One field is [Dealer Allocated] so stock can be allocated to a specific dealer - this is a combo box (combo1) for single allocations. I now also want to be able to update this combo box for several records in bulk. I thought I would do this by having a second combo box in the footer of the form which the user selects the dealer from and then clicks a button which looks for first record without dealer allocated and updates the value of combo1 to the value of combo2. This would then be enclosed in a Do Loop for specified number of records. I can...

Logical Filtering based on Value
I've been using this formula to sort some values and return results if( or( and( b9<>"", isnumber( find( Left(b9,1 ,"AWFUY") ) ), isnumber( find("SHORT",g9 ) ), sum( countif(c9,{"BOG","BLM","CMO"}) ) ) ) ) ,i9-0.01,j9 ) --I used ALT-ENTER between each formula so as to see thing clearly Column A values can be "B01" Column B values can be "BRN" Columns I & J are values, one being lowest the other being highest allowed. On another sheet I...

Set Text Box Control To Blank
I have a procedure that executes on the beforeupdate event of a textbox (text24). The procedure works out the checkdigit for the number entered and if there is a discrepancy, a message box appears telling the user the number is wrong. What I'd like to do is modify the code as such so that when a discrepancy is found and the user clicks ok on the message box, focus is returned to (text24) and set to blank so that the faulty number is gone. Here is the code I am using.... It's quite crude as I'm only at beginner level, but hey, it works! Private Sub Text24_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Int...