Checking another record has the same value

Hi,

I am not sure how to go about this so any help or advice would be
greatly appreciated.

I have a table, tblContactOrganisation, which is a Many of a singular
tblContact.

I would like to make only one record in those records for that
specific Contact to have a true value for the field chkPrimaryAddress.

So when the user click the chk box Primary Contact it checks to see if
any other Primary Addresses have been ticked, if so it unchecks the
old Primary address and checks the new Primary address after user
acceptance.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how i would go about
starting this.

Cheers

NB

0
Nbene

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Microsoft Betrayed Yet Another Customer Base 08-23-10
Microsoft acquired a company in 2008 that have been making a 3D modeling and animation software for more than 20 years, and discontinued it a year latter. No more updates, nada. The software has a huge following, including in Hollywood. Microsoft made the software free, but for the many who already paid for it there are no updates and no guarantees that the software would work on future versions of Windows, and their graphics assets are stuck in the current version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueSpace Nobody wrote this again : > Microsoft acquired a company in 2008 th...

Reset form and find record
If user enters an InmateId value and a ClassDate (a unique index) that already exits in the table, I want to undo what the user punched in and go find the record they tried to duplicate. A button click is called that fires two SendKeys "{ESC}", which undoes everything on the form, but I still get a runtime error at Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark: "The macro or function set to the BeforeUpdate or ValidationRule property for this field is preventing db1 from saving the data in the field." Why is it trying to save anything? I've undone all the fields, like it's a n...

Returning highest value
I have a list with value_name and its value. Is there a formula tha can look down the list and pick the highest value and return th value_name For example _Value_Name_ _Value_ Value A 5 Value B 10 Value C 33 Value D 8 Value E 51 Value F 32 Value G 47 Value H 9 Value I 41 So the formula would return Value E as its result. Would be much appreciated : -- Fishbon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fishbone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Authorizing checks with RMS

Finding Unmatched Records
Using Excel 2007, I have two worksheets, one has a list of national membership, including an ID # in column A, the other will contain the similar information of individual who are attending a national conference. I need to find those on the membership list who have not registered for the conference. Thank you Hi, in another column enter =MATCH(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$A$30,0) change sheet2 for the name where you have the members registered to the conference, where the result is N/A that is a member not registered, you can sort by N/A to get all the members not registered "P...

How do I create Check list

Restore pick list values
We edited the invoice 'status reason' picklist ( actualy deleted some values ) and modified others. This we have done on other picklists with no problems. However we have noticed that when this attribute is displayed on selection lists the text displayed is not the same as that on the picklist. We now presume there is code behind particular list values and want to restore the old values with the same list value. We have a backup of the DB available through enterprise manager and can see the missing records there in STRINGMAP and STRINGMAPBIT . We are missing values 4,5, 6 and a...

add values from four columns in query ms access 2003
hello, I want to add (som) values from four different columns to have a total score from four columns. My columns are person, kwartaal 1, kwartaal 2, kwartaal 3, kwartaal 4. I want the total score from kwartaal 1,2,3,4 together of each person. Somehow I can't manage it. Can you help me ? Create a field in your query like this: TotalScore: Nz(kwartaal 1,0) + Nz(kwartaal 2,0) + Nz(kwartaal 3,0) + Nz(kwartaal 4,0) The Nz() function will take care of any that may be Null. Steve -- Steve McGuire MCSD, MCAD, MCP "Jeroen" wrote: > hello, I want to add (som) values from fo...

add to values in the chart not on the worksheet
Hi, I have a set of values which I have plotted. A B 1 1 2 4 3 9 4 16 5 25 Now, I want to add a constant value to values in column B without calculating them again in a column. I am wondering if i can do this directly in the "chart dialog box". I will appreciate any help. Thanks. Perhaps this will help: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/perform_arithmetic_on_a_group_of_cells_in_microsoft_excel_worksheets.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "ab" <abhi_nav@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dj1bjr$i3h$1@emac1.ocs.lsu.edu... > Hi, >...

Migrating multiple Outlook clients from one server to another
Problem – we have numerous outlook clients ’98,2000,2003 deployed on a range of platforms from W95 to XP Pro. These access a number of exchange 5.5 servers, in separate domains, which we would like to migrate to one central exchange 2003 cluster. Is there a tool or reg hack that would effectively allow us to deploy an update to reflect the new server in the email clients profile via a login script or group policy? Have had a look at profgen and do not feel it is suitable for the way we have deployed exchange mail user names and our domain usernames. ...

How do I copy my calendar from Exchange to another?
Hi, My department is becoming a company of its own so we're getting our own Exchange Server 2003. We're currently on our parent company's Exchange 2000 machine. Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my calendar to the new machine? Thanks, Sam "Sam" <sam@globalwebcentral.com> wrote in news:OqAjOpW2DHA.1740 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my > calendar to the new machine? One calendar? Export it to a pst file and import it into your new mailbox. Multiple calendars...

Printing Checks

Update Rowsource Records in unbound combos
If I have an unbound combo box with a Rowsource that includes an "autonumberd" ID field, AND, I want to update one of the other fields in current row, how do I go about doing that? Say my Rowsource is comprised of a record: MyID, MySpecialValue, MyTextField and, I want to update MySpecialValue. Bill On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:52:57 GMT, Bill wrote: > If I have an unbound combo box with a Rowsource > that includes an "autonumberd" ID field, AND, I want > to update one of the other fields in current row, how > do I go about doing that? > > Say my Rows...

Counting multiple values in a single cell
I have a cell which contains multiple values set out like this: 3; 4; 7 I would like to be able to count the number of values (3) in this cell. Does anybody know how I could do this???? -- ac8038 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ac8038's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6054 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553526 You could use =SEARCH("3",A1) where A1 is the cell with the data. Be aware however tha it will also match 31, 33 (twice) etc. Matt -- Mallyca...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Showing records orderred by Role
Hello experts: I tried to make my church membership database more or less like the address sample of MS Access. I modified some and it works. My question is on the members form in the 2nd tab, I want the presentation of the member of the family is ORDERED by role ( I have the table of role sequence by role): Father, Mother, 1st son, 2nd dauthter....which is in Indoensian of course. How can I make it sequenced by role. Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang Hi Frank, If your form is based on a query you can set the order option in the query. Go to the querygrid and look for the fiel...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Copying values from a previous record to a current form
I have created a form that updates a table with bound edit box controls. The nature of our data is that for a given field in the table there may be a long sequence of repeat values from record-to-record, so, my form needs to populate the current bound edit box witha "default" value derrived from the field value from the previous record. In pseudocode I imagine something like: MyForm.MyEditBox = MyTable.Field1[CurrentRecord-1] If "CurrentRecord" was a pointer to the current record in the table being edited by the form, then the results of the expression right of th...

store some of the information from one cell into another
I would like to store some of the information from one cell into another. For instance, information in one cell has StampPDF V 2.3. I would like to cut 2.3 into a different cell. I was wondering if anyone new of the quickest way to do this. I have about 2000+ cells to work with. If the information you want from the cell is always at the end, and is always the last 3 characters you could use =RIGHT(A1,3) assuming that the original information is in cell reference A1 If you actually want to remove the 2.3 from the original cell then "bsantona" wrote: > I would like to st...

Which the maximum of characters of value in a cell?
When I impute a numerical sequence in a cell with more than 15 digits, excel does not conserve the typed value, modifying the digits from 16th typed. I ask: it is necessary to adjust some configuration in excel? Hi Excel's numerical limit is 15 digits. If you need to use more than 15, you'll have to enter it as text - either by formatting the cell as text before you type into it, or by starting the entry with a ' Hope this helps. Andy. "Malisky" <Malisky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B261F7DB-7A39-45D5-8FCE-F750D26D36EC@microsoft.com....

ccd+ addenda record for texas child support
Has anyone had anyluck building as eft ccd+ format for terxas child support without using 1 vendor per employee to use for paying we id'd 3 fields im can see and bring in for payables for the data but the data fields we see can't pull in t2 of the 3 when building the addenda record we are paying ~25 employee deductions at once required data is texas case # , ss#,non custodial parent name will cchange per each record we can impoort into pm dist ref,trans desc po# Mark, If You are a Microsoft Partner, You can also post your question in Dynamics GP partner forum to receive replies ...