Checkbox in List Box

I am wondering if it is possible to have a checkbox show up in a listbox
based on the value returned in one of the columns?

0
Rockn

On May 24, 12:27 am, Klatuu <Kla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> no
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>
> "Rockn" wrote:
> > I am wondering if it is possible to have a checkbox show up in a listbox
> > based on the value returned in one of the columns?

If you want to do it, you have to insert a subform in your form and
that should be in datasheet view, then you can enable users to check
or uncheck values or to have the values listed as you wish.
in list box, if you want a check box to be checked/unchecked based on
a condition you have to do it in the query of the listbox.

0
Naeem
5/24/2007 3:20:06 AM
A workaround might be to use a Treeview control and set it's CheckBoxes
property, but only if you're comfortable coding Treeviews.

Regards,
Graham R Seach
Microsoft Access MVP
Sydney, Australia

"Rockn" <Rockn@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>I am wondering if it is possible to have a checkbox show up in a listbox
>based on the value returned in one of the columns?

0
Graham

Validation list in a conditional formula
I would like to include a validation list (drop down choices) in a conditional formula in Excel. Something along the lines of =IF(A4="RAIN",$B$11,IF(A4="TEMPERATURE",$D$11,"")) where $B$11 has a drop down choice of appropriate units for rain based on a list from a column of cells (e.g. containing inches, cm, mm) and $D$11 has a drop down choice of appropriate units for temperature based on a different list from a different column of cells (e.g.containing Kelvin,Centigrade,Fahrenheit). But I can't get the validation list with the drop down choices to b...

distribution list error
I have a computer running OL 2003 and WinXP. Whenever he tries to send to our local distribution list in the global address list, it goes to our ISP instead of through Exchange and then is returned non-deliverable. However when he sends to individuals within the global address list it works fine. No other computer has this problem, but the rest of us have OL 2000. I was going to revert that one back to 2000, but hoped there was another quick fix. Any ideas? -Dawn ...

Fill Field on main form from subform based on check box result
I have hours of failed research into this problem, so I sure hope I didn't pass over an obvious answer somewhere in here. Main Form based on tblBoltGasketTakeoff IDBoltGasket Takeoff PK IDBolts BoltLength FlangetoFlange (Checkbox) Subform based on tblBoltMaterials IDBolt PK (1 to many relationship with tblBoltGasketTakoff) FlangetoFlangeBoltLength I want BoltLength in tlbBoltGasketTakeoff to populate based on the value in the control Text33. The expression that works in a text box Text33 is =IIf([Check18]=Yes, [subfrmBoltMaterials].[Form]![FlangetoFlangeBoltLength],"0"). ...

Deleted Distribution List
Hi , LONG time Outlook user here..and I'm stumped ! I accidentally deleted a Distribution list from my Outlook 2007 contacts this afternoon. Immediately , I tried EDIT >UNDO , but it was greyed out. I searched Deleted Items in Mail ( thinking all deleted Outlook items ended up there ) and I couldn't find it. I searched Personal Folders as well ..but still no joy. I ended up recreating it , but the question remains , ..." Where did it go ?? " ( in case I do it again..) Many Thanks Next time it happens simply restore it from your backup. What, yo...

Making attribute a checkbox
How do you make an attribute a checkbox -- donn Hi, In Customization, open the entity. Than open click on Forms and Views and open the Form. Double click on bit type of field. In new window, the second tab will be formatting. You will have option in bottom, "Control Formatting" here you can choose the desrired format. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Donald" wrote: > How do you make an attribute a checkbox > -- > donn Create a bit field an...

automatically remove deleted delegate from Delegate list?
Exchange 2003, SP2 environment. When delegates leave and have their mailboxes removed, is there any way to automatically remove the SID that stays behind in the mailbox of the delegator who had this delegate for their calendar, etc, in lieu of each delegator having to remove them manually? This would avoid the NDR's that the delegator whose mailbox has the deleted delegates always gets. ...

How to paste a list of hyperlinks (e.g. list of external blog links) into Excel and keep the titles and the links?
I'm trying to copy groups of titles and the associated hyperlinks from a web page into either excel or word (both really). Office on my PC does this by default, but on my Mac with Office 2004, the list always comes in without links. I can do it one-by-one, but I need to copy/ paste long lists. Any ideas? Is it even possible? Susan What browser are you using? Because different browsers put different information on the clipboard. Also, can you link the page in question (or a similar one) here? And, what exact version of Office 2004? Because I copy web text with links into Word all th...

Inserting a tick box?
How do I create a tick box in excel Hi goto 'View - Toolbar - Controls' and add a tick box >-----Original Message----- >How do I create a tick box in excel >. > ...

Dialogsheet Checkbox to Select All Checkboxes
I am using a dialogsheet to get user input. The dialogsheet is created at runtime. The amount of checkboxes on the dialogsheet varies based on how many tabs are hidden. I would like to have a checkbox on the dialogsheet that allows users to "select all" checkboxes. Code Example: Dim SheetCount As Integer Dim CurrentSheet As Worksheet Dim PrintDlg As DialogSheet Dim cb As CheckBox Set CurrentSheet = ActiveSheet Set PrintDlg = ActiveWorkbook.DialogSheets.Add 'some code used to loop and build checkboxes not shown here If SheetCount <> 0 Then If ...

Email messages and pics are outlined and in box form
How do I change my Email Messages that I receive that appear outlined in box form? They are inside a box and it is a mess. Thanks debull@gmail.com You haven't provided any details. Any answers you get at this point will simply be guesses. Please advise the following: Version of Outlook Type of mail account Default format O/S Any error messages? What do they say? Has it always been like this, or is this new? Does this behaviour continue if you open Outlook in safe mode? If you use Vista or Windows 7 follow this instruction: Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe...

contact list 05-06-10
I just added my hotmail ID to my WLM and lost my original contact list. GAWD. How do I get it back??? Whew !! Found it by going to tools/options/connections/ .... stop signing in Now how do I upload my contact list to Windows Live so that I can take advantage of syncronizing lists? And re add my hotmail ID to WLM. "Stephen" wrote: > I just added my hotmail ID to my WLM and lost my original contact list. GAWD. > How do I get it back??? Export your contact list to a CSV file in WLM. - Contacts/File/Export Using Internet Explorer logon to Windows Live(usin...

Limiting combo box selection
I have Table 1 that list active projects, table 2 that list biweekly reporting information for each record in Table 1 and Table 3 that list the submission dates for each project (which I am using as a combo box selection in my form (table 2) that fills in the DateID field). So in the beginning of the year the combo box may have 12 dates, as the project manager submits the biweekly reporting I want to eliminate that date as a selection in the combo box. Right now the row source for the dateID field is SELECT DISTINCT [DateID], [DateReport] FROM tblDateSubmitted ORDER BY [DateReport] DE...

checkbox with relative reference?
I have a checkbox in E5 controlling E5. If I copy it to K11, I want it to control K11. Now, how do I give it this kind of relative reference? Thanks, Sven Sven, I take it you're going to have to do this more than a few times. I suggest you create the checkbox objects in code rather than using the Excel Control Toolbox. Add the checkboxes in the workbook open event and then you can set the attributes of each using variables. Ross "Sven Berg" <wiesel69@gmx.de> wrote in message news:060fd6fc-4258-4b48-b67b-c6909c0f2c45@8g2000hsu.googlegroups.com... >I have a check...

Move To Do list
Hi, I have several pst files and i have both tasks and to do list's that i would like to combine into one new pst. How could i achive this? Thanks in advance ...

Checkbox checked then show more checkboxes
I have added checkboxes from Control Toolbox and they seem to work fine. I just want to make one of them lets say checkbox3 to show more checkboxes when checkbox3 is marked. How do I do that? I'd add them all to exactly where I wanted them. But then have the "master" checkbox just unhide/hide the others. Option Explicit Private Sub CheckBox3_Click() Dim ShouldBeVisible As Boolean ShouldBeVisible = CBool(Me.CheckBox3.Value = True) Me.CheckBox1.Visible = ShouldBeVisible Me.CheckBox2.Visible = ShouldBeVisible Me.CheckBox4.Visible = ShouldBeVisible ...

Reverse List?
Greetings! What's happening with the reverse list as of late? It seems like it's not updating anymore since the contacts that I add are never displayed. I have tested this by using my primary account to add my secondary account and then accepting the invitation on the secondary account, my secondary account (target) could see my primary account (source) in the list, but my primary account could not see my secondary account, and both had each other in their contact lists. Thanks in advance; -- jps Greetings jps, I have no real fix for you, but I can confirm...

Running a report from a combo box?
I have a student database and I have a heap of queries setup that I run to create pivot charts but most of the data is from a yes/no check box so I'm able to get stats from it. What I want to do those is run reports from a combo box drop down menu that shows me the same data. For example I have a combo box with the home situation, you are able to choose for each student what there how situation is, I can then show this in a report again the child but I want to create a query like the other one's or a report that shows me the number of students and a break up of who has what ho...

Print List Slow
Hello, We are having very poor performance when printing a list from contacts after a print preview. This occurs both in the Outlook Client for CRM and the web version. IE 6 will consume at 50% of the CPU. For 603 contacts, it took 3 minutes. We do have a work-around. If you print from the save lookup using it as a saved view, the performance is fine. We have installed CRM Rollup 1. We are using IE6 rather than IE 7 due to other performance issue. If you have any thoughts on this, please post. Thanks, John ...

List of Customers & Partners
Hi everybody, How can I get a list of Dynamics GP customers? At least the large companies, so it can be used as a reference for GP. And how can I get the list of Dynamics GP Partners? Thanks. AMH Call Microsoft at 800-456-0025 and ask to speak to sales operations. A lot of times, unless you are a partner/customer you won't be able to get something like that. "AMH" <AMH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AFDDD42-3822-4EF9-AA54-C4ADEE5159C6@microsoft.com... > Hi everybody, > > How can I get a list of Dynamics GP customers? At least the large ...

transfer contact list
I have a new laptop computer with Office 2007 and outlook installed. I have the same on my desktop and am trying to transfer my contact list in one go. I know that I can do it for individual names but that will take ages. I have the list in my laptop in the "documents" folder but here agin they only seem to transfer one at a time. Holding down alt or ctrl makes no difference. Can anyone help. Thank you "Stewart" <him@invalid.supanet.co.uk> wrote in message news:eGSyfVUaKHA.1592@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I have a new laptop computer with Of...

Combo Boxes #7
I have a list of people that is currently linked to a combo box. I was wondering if it were possible to have the combo box range change automatically with new entries or deletions. For example: ListFillRange = table!A1:A10 Now if I add 3 people: ListFillRange = table!A1:A13 Wondering if there was a better way than just putting in extra rows in the range, which leaves blank rows in the combo box. Is this possible? Thanks. Use a dynamic name to refer to your data using OFFSET and COUNTA functions: "=OFFSET(Table!A1,,,COUNTA(Table!A:A))" and use this name in you ListFillRan...

Populating cells by selecting items from Combo Box? How to?
I have a combo box with three different house models. I need th spreadsheet to show the square footage of each side of the house fo each model when it is selected from the combo box. Basically I have four cells in a column, Side 1, Side 2, Side 3,Side for each side of the house. Then, next to each of those cells I woul like the values of the square footage to show up when that particula house model is selected from the combo box (the square foot #s ar always the same and can be inputted beforehand) I'm not sure if there is a way to do this without using much code(don' have much kno...

drop down box or list
how can I create a drop down box or list in a work sheet? I'm using excel 2000 any help appriciated thanks jerie Hi jerie See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jerie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d4201c50104$44453390$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how can I create a drop down box or list in a work sheet? > I'm using excel 2000 > > any help appriciated > > thanks jerie ...

Refreshing a List Box
Hi, I have inserted few strings into the list box. I want to refresh the list box so that its previous contents are deleted , how do i do that. Is there any APi for that........... lucky wrote: > Hi, > > I have inserted few strings into the list box. I want to refresh the > list box so that its previous contents are deleted , how do i do that. > Is there any APi for that........... > lucky: CListBox::ResetContent(). You would easily find this by looking at the "class members" section of the CListBox documentation. David Wilkinson On Jan 24, 5:18 pm, Da...

numbered list in only 1 cell
Does anyone know how to have a numbered list in only 1 cell? My coworker has seen this done before. Maybe your coworker typed in the list, but used an alt-enter to force a new line in the cell after each "bullet". DataGuy wrote: > > Does anyone know how to have a numbered list in only 1 cell? My coworker > has seen this done before. -- Dave Peterson You just made his day!!!! He says that's it! (I've need seen that technique used before) Thank you. "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message news:4230B57F.EFF9ED1D...