Check for Duplicate value BeforeUpdate

Hello all, I have a problem with updating on my form.
I have a form, TrainingHistory, that is linked to a table by the same
name.  There are three fields showing:  FullName, ClassName, and
DateTaken.  For each person, I am only interested in the MOST RECENT
date they took any given class.  So what I want is to be able to enter
a name and class, and have Access check the table for this combination
of name and class.  If such an entry already does exist, I would like
the form to bring up that entry, and that entry alone, for editing of
the date.  There should also be a message explaining what just
happened.  I was thinking that there should be some procedure in the
BeforeUpdate event that does this, but I have no idea where to begin
with the code for it.  For bringing up the record, I was thinking that
if a record were found, the form could just bring up all records but
apply a filter with the values that were already entered.
My form is set to data entry=yes and is in Single Form view.

0
sword856

Returning highest value
I have a list with value_name and its value. Is there a formula tha can look down the list and pick the highest value and return th value_name For example _Value_Name_ _Value_ Value A 5 Value B 10 Value C 33 Value D 8 Value E 51 Value F 32 Value G 47 Value H 9 Value I 41 So the formula would return Value E as its result. Would be much appreciated : -- Fishbon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fishbone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

How can i change value of number to zero, when i have
How can i change value of number to zero, when i have 00000.000 "" formula rezult? For example A1=00000.000 "E" A2=00000.000 "E" The SUM value of A1 and A2 is 00000.000 "", but I need that rezult would display like 0 "" if there is no whole numbers in A1 and A2. Thanks for helping :) Have you tried using the format cell option. r-click -> Format Cells -> Number tab -> select Number in the window and you can specify the decimal places, and there are custom options as well. I'm not a guru, but if it works, i...

Authorizing checks with RMS

How do I create Check list

Active / Dynamic Filtered List (changes w/ change in cell value)
I'd like to be able to have a filtered list change AUTOMATICALLY based on a criteria value (entered in a cell outside the filtered data range). What is the simplest way to do this? Autofilter is close, but it will not update the results dynamically. You can use programming to update the filter if a cell on the worksheet is changed. There are examples here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Filters, look for 'Product List by Week Number' and 'Filter Rows for Text String' trippknightly@hotmail.com wrote: > I'd like to be able to have a filt...

To Capture the time stamp on entry of a value in cell.
Hi, I am trying to capture the time on the entry of the cell in column A. Scenario is I enter a person code in cell in A column and in B column I need a time stamp. I am using now(). It works for one row. but as i proceed to scan further all the values in column b is getting updated as i am using now(). I want to capture time stamp for each entry of person code in col A and then freeze timestamp in col b and proceed. I am trying to get something like, A1 3031 B1 10:30 Pm A2 3032 B2 10:35 PM and so on... Any pointer or help here will help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Accumulate a value
Hi!! I need to accumulate a value in receipt.xml. How do it? Regards Cesar hi Cesar, what you mean by accumulate value??? where you want to print?? in line items or in footer of the receipt. Please confirm so we can help you out in this. Akber "Cesar" wrote: > Hi!! > > I need to accumulate a value in receipt.xml. > How do it? > > Regards > > > Cesar ...

Combining string values
Hello, in my project I have a couple of strings that function as a counter. The count the number of loops that have been made Now I want to make a total counter that adds the values of the seperate counters eg. Dim strCounter1 as String 'eg value = 5 Dim strCounter2 as String 'eg value = 5 Dim strCounterTotal as String 'I want this counter to show 10 strCounterTotal = strCounter1 + strCounter2 The last line now returns 55 instead of 10 How do I do this trick Thanx in advance If you look up the use of the + operator in vba help, you will see th...

Restore pick list values
We edited the invoice 'status reason' picklist ( actualy deleted some values ) and modified others. This we have done on other picklists with no problems. However we have noticed that when this attribute is displayed on selection lists the text displayed is not the same as that on the picklist. We now presume there is code behind particular list values and want to restore the old values with the same list value. We have a backup of the DB available through enterprise manager and can see the missing records there in STRINGMAP and STRINGMAPBIT . We are missing values 4,5, 6 and a...

Duplicated emails
Some of the users in our our exchange server receiving duplicated emails. Can somebody tells me how to troubleshoot this issue?. We have ms outlook 2003 in the work stations. Is this an outlook problem or exchange problem? Need more information. Did someone internally send out to a list that contained external addresses or this is just internal? There are serveral reasons. Example 1 If a user sends mail to a recipient that is a member of two distribution groups (formerly known as distribution lists, or DLs), and the distribution groups are expanded on different servers, recipients can expe...

Printing Checks

Counting multiple values in a single cell
I have a cell which contains multiple values set out like this: 3; 4; 7 I would like to be able to count the number of values (3) in this cell. Does anybody know how I could do this???? -- ac8038 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ac8038's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6054 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553526 You could use =SEARCH("3",A1) where A1 is the cell with the data. Be aware however tha it will also match 31, 33 (twice) etc. Matt -- Mallyca...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Which the maximum of characters of value in a cell?
When I impute a numerical sequence in a cell with more than 15 digits, excel does not conserve the typed value, modifying the digits from 16th typed. I ask: it is necessary to adjust some configuration in excel? Hi Excel's numerical limit is 15 digits. If you need to use more than 15, you'll have to enter it as text - either by formatting the cell as text before you type into it, or by starting the entry with a ' Hope this helps. Andy. "Malisky" <Malisky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B261F7DB-7A39-45D5-8FCE-F750D26D36EC@microsoft.com....

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Returning Multiple list of Values
Hi, I am new to the use of Index function.I was trying to use this for solving a particular problem- I have sheet1 one with 2 columns,A & E, full of string values.Sheet2 has a column where values are restricted by lists.When the user selects a value , I should be able to search by this value in sheet1 in Column A and get a list of values from column E of sheet1.These columns have a value in Column A which equals the search value. for e.g. Sheet 1 Col A ColE AAA Pack1 AAA Pack2 AAX Pack3 AAE Pack4 Sheet2 :User Selects a value of AAA ...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

finding and then moving entire row to new sheet based on cell value
I have a sheet with several thousand rows that looks something like this: name address city search-term I want to be able to "search" the search-term column for a key word and then move entire row to a new sheet There are several examples here I have tried none seem to do above! Thanks for any guidance. Dave EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using COM-Callable Wrappers to Extend Visual Basic 6.0 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bba810dd-6e59-4603-8bd9-accc915af876/using-comcallable-wrappe.aspx > I have a sheet with several thousa...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...