Changing mulitple fields visibility from a single data entry

I want to use one control to determine which others within my form are visible
i.e. In a text box labelled 'How Many' if 1 is entered then the text box
labelled 'one' is visible and box's labelled two, three and four are
invisible, if 2 is entered then 'one' and two' are visible and so on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You've described a "how" ... how you are trying to do something.  If you'll
describe the "why" and "what" (what will having this allow you to
accomplish?), the newsgroup readers may be able to offer more specific
suggestions.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Nick0200" <Nick0200@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to use one control to determine which others within my form are
>visible
> i.e. In a text box labelled 'How Many' if 1 is entered then the text box
> labelled 'one' is visible and box's labelled two, three and four are
> invisible, if 2 is entered then 'one' and two' are visible and so on.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
Jeff
8/9/2007 2:37:04 PM
I've taken the liberty of changing your textbox name from How Many to HowMany
to take out the [space]. You really shouldn't have spaces in object names!

This is assuming that the data in HowMany is numeric. If it is text instead,
you need to change the Case  statements from

Case 1

Case "1"

and so forth.

'Code begins

Private Sub HowMany_AfterUpdate()
Select Case HowMany

  Case 1
  YourField1.Visible = True
  YourField2.Visible = False
  YourField3.Visible = False
  YourField4.Visible = False

Case 2
  YourField1.Visible = True
  YourField2.Visible = True
  YourField3.Visible = False
  YourField4.Visible = False

Case 3
  YourField1.Visible = True
  YourField2.Visible = True
  YourField3.Visible = True
  YourField4.Visible = False

Case 4
  YourField1.Visible = True
  YourField2.Visible = True
  YourField3.Visible = True
  YourField4.Visible = True

Case Else 'If something other than 1-4 is entered nothing shows
  YourField1.Visible = False
  YourField2.Visible = False
  YourField3.Visible = False
  YourField4.Visible = False
End Select

End Sub

And then, for when you later view a record, so that the textboxes are
visible/aren’t visble depending

Private Sub Form_Current()

[...]

'Code ends

Good Luck!

Linq ;0)>

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq

External data link change

how create sum function in form field
I'm trying to utilize the sum function in a field on an Outlook 2002 form. I want the form field to sum up the other form fields. Sum is not a function listed in the value tab. Please advise. ...

Why does the change change to a number?

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

enterprise custom field for overdue tasks
I'm trying to create a view that shows overdue tasks and am having some trouble. I went into enterprise custom fields and tried to create a new Task > Date field with the following formula :IIf([Finish]<[Current Date] And [% Complete]<100,"red","green"). Now I would expect it to populate that field with either "red" or "green" depending on if it meets the criteria. Furthermore I would like to use graphical indicators to show red or green stoplights. However, I cannot get this formula to work - When I add the new field to a ...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

CRM data migration 10-13-04
Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another? I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables "manually". Thanks, Matt Matt wrote: > Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another? > > I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared > more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables > "manually". > > Thanks, > Matt You need to use Redeployme...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Transferring data IN VBA between workbooks
I need to transfer a range of cells for every row one by one from one file File1.xls to a second file File2.xls from within a VBA program. I had it running where it coded a cut and paste but the program runs for 3 hours and If I tried to do anything else where I cut and paste I would get data from my running program when I tried to paste. Is there any way I can do this other than cut and paste ? Dennis I foud out what I was doing wrong I had this Range("A1") = Range("A1:P1") which will work in a single workbook but to a separate workbook you have to put Range("...

Exporting a date field in Excel to an Outlook Calendar?
Is this possible? ...

Should I change this code?

symbols won't work in form fields
I have Access 2002. We write a lot of letters in French and as I have a QWERTY keyboard, we have shortcuts for the french letters which are missing from the keyboard. For example Ctrl + e is e with an accute accent, Alt + e is e with a grave accent, and so on. It all works just fine in WORD. But in my forms in my ACCESS database, in my fill-in fields, the shortcuts simply don't work. And there is no "symbol" option available in the tool bar to insert a symbol or French character. Is there any way I can add this function in to the database ? thanks .. Roger ...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Data Labels On 3-D Bar Charts
I REALLY need to find a way to set my data labels at center or outside, the choices in a reguar bar chart. Is there any way to do that? And if you happen anyone happens to know if it is in any add-ins. I'm waiting to get the downloads UN-BLOCKED!! My work is a joke. Thanks ...

Field Type Change

Save Changes? #2

Z report data is from where?
Where in the database Z report gets its data such as: a. Discounts (total discounts for the day) b. Customer Count (I guess the same as # of transactions) c. Count of Tender Type Is it as simple as: a. discount=item.price - transactionentry.price b. Count([transaction].transactionnumber) (with a case statement [transaction].total =! 0 "sammm" wrote: > Where in the database Z report gets its data such as: > > a. Discounts (total discounts for the day) > b. Customer Count (I guess the same as # of transactions) > c. Count of Tender Type All of the Z report informa...