Capitalize first letter in text box

Is there a way to capitalize the first letter entered into a text box,
such as a field that would ask for a Name?

0
setabery

<setabery@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to capitalize the first letter entered into a text box,
> such as a field that would ask for a Name?

This should work for you. Substitute your textbox name for Text0:

Private Sub Text0_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
' Changes first character in a text box to Sentence Case
' Arvin Meyer 4/30/1999
On Error GoTo Err_Text0
If Len(Me.Text0.Text) = 1 Then
KeyCode = Asc(Me.Text0.Text)
    If KeyCode >= 90 And KeyCode <= 122 Then
        KeyCode = KeyCode - 32
        Me.Text0.Text = Chr$(KeyCode)
        Me.Text0.SelStart = Me.Text0.SelLength + 1
    End If
End If

Exit_Text0:
    Exit Sub

Err_Text0:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Text0
End Sub
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

0
Arvin

Check boxes to run queries
Hi, I want to use check boxes to choose criteria. I was to return a table for the following data: Invoice number, Customer number country, part number, qty, value etc. There are 5 countries, I want to have a check box for each so we can choose which ones to include, and then click GO. How do I do this? I am new to this. Thanks Natalie On Fri, 28 May 2010 06:25:01 -0700, Natalie <Natalie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I'm not sure I understand. Typically an invoice is for a customer, and that customer has a billing address in some country. Why would you...

Pasting text into merged cell
I regularly complete forms created by others which have merged cells. Often, I'd like to get data to put into a cell from another application via copy-paste. I get the error: Data on the Clipboard is not the same size and shape as the selected area. Do you want to paste the data anyway? responding with OK gives: Cannot change part of a merged cell. How can I paste text into merged cells? TIA, George You have run afoul of the "merged cells" denizen. The merge cells feature of Excel comes with a lot of baggage, all of it bad. Your problem is just one example of it. The ...

Split text string using mid-search?
Hi all, I have a string in a cell, which I have brought in without separating out each set of characters, as I want to split the text into two cells, but from hitting a specific string of text within the main string. I am looking for the instance "MRG" which occurs in different positions in each string entry. I want to create two cells (like text to columns) but split from the point immediately preceding "MRG". Here's examples of what I have, and what I want to create: Examples 2092^219^S204^MRG,2703255^ 2093^244^S204^343^S201^MRG,5733401^ The ...

Exporting Text
Hi I was wondering if Excel XP allows for marking a range and exporting it to a text file. Not an Excel csv but a real text file Thanks Erle If you highlight the range you want to export in Excel, copy it to th clipboard then paste it into a blank Notepad document that should d the trick (it does on mine anyway :) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Erle Chip Pearson has code for this. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm Tushar Mehta has an Earl Kiosterud add-in which does this. http://www.tushar-mehta.com/index.html?http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/tex...

changing axis values to custom text
I use office XP I want to customize the axes of my graphs so instead of numbers (1 2 3 4), it has text of my choosing (poor, average, good, very good). How can I do this? I hope I'm not entering a redundant post. I looked all over Excel help and have also been unable to find on the website. If I am repeating, any guidance of how I could avoid repetition in the future would be appreciated. Regards, Brighella Jon Peltier has instructions for an arbitrary axis scale: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Brighella wrote: > I use office XP > > I w...

Style to capitalize each word
I would like to create a style to include the capitalization of each word, but I can't find any options allowing this. Any help please? Title case cannot be set as a style attribute, I'm afraid. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "anna81" <anna81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5CF3ADD-DEFA-4D82-A907-1E7B1507A149@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a style to include the capitalization of each word, > but I can't find any options allowing this. Any help please? ...

Help: displayed characters all changed to graphic boxes!
I ran repair on windows live essentials. I did not back up my system and apparently the system did not make a restore point. I was instructed to reboot. The welcome screen and other screens were normal except that every non-space character is represented as a graphic box. Boxes represent all places where characters can be typed in response boxes. Typed responses appear to work. Canned messages are displayed normally. Composed messages are one box for every non-space character. This affects every application both user and system. I have been trying to figure out what has happened ...

How do I get the first letter of a word in excel
I have this problem, see I want to create a script, I have the following information available to me. First name: John MI: C Last name: Doe Now this is what I want; I want to convert this John C. Doe to "jcdoe". Also I have similar problems to with dual last names, like dela toya, I have to convert from juan r. dela toya to jrdelatoya. How do I do that? Thanks!! =left("john",1)&"cdoe" if john is in A1 you can use A1 instead of "john" Shadowofthedarkgod <Shadowofthedarkgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E8449C4-6F45-...

Combo boxes #2
How do I get auto-completion into my combo box?? Is this just a setting for the comob or do I have to code it. If I have to code it, could some one guide me on the functions to over-load? TIA "Golum256" <Golum256@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD09B86D-C9C0-491B-A342-47B158EB23F3@microsoft.com... > How do I get auto-completion into my combo box?? > > Is this just a setting for the comob or do I have to code it. > If I have to code it, could some one guide me on the functions to over-load? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libra...

Conditional formatting: If text or If date?
I have a spreadsheet that tracks reports. In a far right-hand column, I have a cell for when a re-write is submitted. I put an "X" in the cell when a re-write is needed, and the date submitted when it's turned in. I'd like to put some conditional formatting on the report number cell so it becomes one color if there's an "X" in the re-write cell, and another color if there's a date in the re-write cell. Is this possible? Ed Select report number cell Menu Format>Conditional Formatting Change Condition 1 to Formula Is Add a formula of =M1="X"...

Various Outlook 2003 issues
Hello, I've been using OL2003 w/ WinXP since it was released. I used various other versions of OL for many years before that. In all that time, I have never experienced the issues that have come up lately. I'm hoping someone can help me resolve them. 1. In the midst of composing a new message or replying to a message, the message format will change from HTML to plain text all by itself. This started happening with replies to one person specifically but has happened with increasing frequency and probably occurs with more than 50% of all ougtoing messages now. When I switch the message...

Numbers as Text
I am copying a column of numbers, formatted as Number w/ zero decimals, to a column formatted as Text. I am using Paste Special - Values only. The numbers are all four digits, such as 1101, 1105, 1111, 1123, etc. After the Paste, the numbers show up 'rounded' in the new (Text) column, with the last number always a 0. 1101 becomes 1100. 1105 becomes 1110. 1111 becomes 1110. 1123 becomes 1120. Any ideas why? Hi why do you want to put this numbers in a column formated as 'Text'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bill wrote: > I am copying a column of numbers...

Confidentiality text message on e-mail
How can you have all out going e-mails have a confidentiality text added to the bottom of the e-mail? I do not want to use the signiture file. Is there a simple solution? I use Exchange 2003 Thanks Hlobell http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317680 Thanks, Chad "hlobell" wrote: > How can you have all out going e-mails have a > confidentiality text added to the bottom of the e-mail? I > do not want to use the signiture file. Is there a simple > solution? I use Exchange 2003 > > Thanks > > Hlobell > ...

is it posible to convert text in a table to a query with vba code
Hi All, i'm trying to convert a formula in a table to an SQL sentence,is it posible? On Nov 12, 4:51 pm, thread <yaniv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > i'm trying to convert a formula in a table to an SQL sentence,is it > posible? Please post a sample of what you are trying to accomplish. Thanks! On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:51:03 -0800, thread <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, >i'm trying to convert a formula in a table to an SQL sentence,is it >posible? Probably. Depends on the formula and what you want to do with it. Care to give us a hand? ...

Numbers to Letters
I have a spreadsheet which autonumbers column A. However I would like a formula or macro to convert this so that 1=A, 2=B etc right up to 11111 = AAAAA, 11112 = AAAAB. Many Thanks in advance. Try this: Sub Autonumber() For Each Cell In Range("autonumber_range").Cells Newcode = "" For char = 1 To Len(Cell.Value) Newcode = Newcode & Chr(Asc(Mid(Cell.Value, char, 1)) + 16) Next Cell.Value = Newcode Next End Sub Select the range you want to convert, then run the macro. - Aidey Sorry - I meant to say "name the range you want to convert as ...

Color Text in Charts
I want to have the data labels along the X axis be color coded. I have price data associated with sales efforts. My labels represent sales won (Green), sales lost (Red), sales still active (Black). I can put colored text in the worksheet cells, but that color does not follow through to the chart. It sounds silly, but without this I need to export the chart to Powerpoint and do almost twice as much work. Is there some way to that the text color follow through the chart creation process? -- Eric K In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:- 1. Click on your Sales Won colu...

checking number of character in input box
I am wanting to check that an input box has the correct number of character entered. Thought that - If inputbox1.len = 9 then Msgbox"9 characters" Else Msgbox"Not 9 characters, please check" End If Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be as simple as that. Cheers Try this: Dim strInput as String strInput = InputBox("Enter some text") While Len(strInput) <> 9 MsgBox "Not 9 characters" strInput = InputBox("Enter some text (again)") Wend MsgBox "9 characters" ...

Installed first Ex2003 server in 5.5 site, mail enabled PF getting messages stuck in queue
I have installed our first Ex2003 server to begin our migration. I have used pfmigrate to confim that I have a replica of all public folders on the new server. I have three mail enabled PF's for mailing lists. All of the mail for those lists is getting stuck in the local delivery queue on the new Exchange 2003 server and not delivered to the public folders. The mail is still being received by the Exchange 5.5 IMC. I do not see any errors in the event logs for either the Exchange 5.5 server or the 2003 server. Any ideas on where to look next to resolve this would be most helpful. This is l...

Resize Background color from letter to A4 in Publisher View
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I opened a template in Word Publisher layout view, but when the paper size is changed from US letter to A4 the background color stays letter size. I am unable to find how to expand the background to full A4 margin width. <br><br>Second part the problem is how to create a new background in Publisher View, as the dropdown menu format background is no longer available. You're absolutely correct in both observations. The templates are built on U.S. Letter specifications & do not automatically scal...

Error on first record of integration
I am always getting the following error on the first record of each integration (I run a group, which contains 2 separate integrations): Could not set foreground locking value to 0 I found the knowledge article which says to increase the time between the macro to launch GP (scheduled task) and the Run Integration Group (scheduled task), so I did (set to 5 minutes instead of 2). It only takes 30 seconds total to completely log into the company. However, the error still occurs on both integrations. Why would the first record on the second integration fail as well if it was a timing i...

Check Box not working when I save as webpage (.htm)
Hi everyone, I have inserted a Microsoft Forms Check box on my visio document. Within Visio, I can check and uncheck this box. But when I save it as a webpage, it can't be clicked. I know why this happens, because it saves the controls as images. But is there anyway around it, or another way I can put a check box on a visio document so that it can be checked/unchecked when it is saved as a webpage. Thanks in advance, Stefano Hello Stefano, The reason the controls are saved as an image in the web output is that they are represented as images in the Visio document itself. You can see ...

Word Dutch should auto-summarize texts
Microsoft Office Word doesn't auto-summarize Dutch texts. Why not? :( I want it to auto-summarize Dutch texts but it just doesn't want to! Please Microsoft, make it possible! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/o...

Search two columns in list for first and last name and return Id
I maintain a database log to track changes in contact data. The log contains last names in column B, first names in column C and ID# in column D . I also have a master list (Last Name, First Name and ID#) of all workers which I have pasted into columns AA, AB and AC. I would like to be able to have a formula in column D which searches the master list for the matching first and last names and returns the ID number in column C or a "?" if there is no match. The formula below, which I have used to successfully search for last names works unless there are two last names...

Sorting Contacts so that Blanks don't appear first
Hello, I just imported my contact email list from an excel file. In Outlook, the list appeared at the bottom of the contacts "space" so that there are a zillion blank lines before my "A"s even start... I can't seem to "delete" the blank lines.. Is there any way to sort so that my contacts appear followed by black spaces? I'd think the only sort would be a descending sort so Z appears at the top and blanks at the bottom. Personally I'd delete the potential blanks before importing. "Stilla" <Stilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

copying text from an excel "box" that seems to be formatted