can't view the subforms

hi, hope somebody can tell me what i did wrong! :(

i have a form with 4 pages and each 1 has  3 subforms that get their data
from diferent querys, it was working fine but suddenly it doesn't show
anything not even the tabs at the top to change pages!

in disign view it looks fine (
http://advenet.com/photos/aceavl/picture611.aspx) but when i open it it shows
nothing (http://advenet.com/photos/aceavl/picture612.aspx).

what happend?

thanx.

aceavl

What you are describing seems like what you get when the record source for
your form returns no records.  In that situation, nothing will appear in the
detail section of the form.

Try opening the query (most likely, but it may be a table) that is the
form's record source, to check that it is returning some records.

HTH,

Rob

"aceavl" <u31059@uwe> wrote in message news:74acb71735ac9@uwe...
> hi, hope somebody can tell me what i did wrong! :(
>
> i have a form with 4 pages and each 1 has  3 subforms that get their data
> from diferent querys, it was working fine but suddenly it doesn't show
> anything not even the tabs at the top to change pages!
>
> in disign view it looks fine (
> http://advenet.com/photos/aceavl/picture611.aspx) but when i open it it
> shows
> nothing (http://advenet.com/photos/aceavl/picture612.aspx).
>
> what happend?
>
> thanx.

Rob
7/5/2007 1:04:53 PM
Hi Rob thanx for answering!  yes 2 of the querys aren't returning results
they only do if you have something scheduled for that day, but the other 2
are returning several records, my problem is that i can't see the tabs so
that i can change to the pages that does have somthing, i've tried changing
the ones that have to the front (#1 page) and still can't see it! what can i
do?

aceavl
7/5/2007 4:53:17 PM
The problem will not be with the queries for the subforms (although if the
return no records, the subforms themselves will be empty (unless they are
set to Allow Additions).  It will be the recordsource for the main form
returning no records, and the main form also being set to Allow Additions =
No.

HTH,

Rob

"aceavl via AccessMonster.com" <u31059@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi Rob thanx for answering!  yes 2 of the querys aren't returning results
> they only do if you have something scheduled for that day, but the other 2
> are returning several records, my problem is that i can't see the tabs so
> that i can change to the pages that does have somthing, i've tried
> changing
> the ones that have to the front (#1 page) and still can't see it! what can
> do?

Rob
7/5/2007 10:56:44 PM
Finally! thanxs Rob!
you were right, the main form had the same recordsource as 1 of the subforms
that was getting no records, changed it to nothing and presto!

aceavl

Subform Totals
May be what I am trying to do isn't possible with Access, but if there is a solution then I'd be grateful for a few pointers. My database keeps track of the hours worked by employees on a particular job. The main form [ORDERS] has a subform [Labour Costings] (based on a query) I enter the employee's "NAME" (from a combo) and the "HOURS" worked on the sub. In the subform footer I can Sum(Hours) and get a total hours figure for that job and in the main form but what I have been trying to do (and failed) is to dispaly in the subform a separate or bre...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

Forcing a view to be the active view

Coustom view

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Calendar View?

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...

Filmstrip view
I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I have researched this and what I found was: 1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder". 2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath "Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as desired. 3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box. The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available. I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the fi...

Account Views Order
Is there any way of manually setting the order in which views are displayed in the drop down box for Accounts? We've created a number of similar views all starting with the word "account" followed by a username (eg: Account - Joe Bloggs etc..) and ideally want them displayed in the list together alphabetically but at the moment they're all mixed in with other views in no logical order. It's not a major problem but would make the system more user friendly if we could have all these views together in the list, is this possible? Thanks, Steve Sorry Steve, That view lis...

views?
haven't install any thing lately that i can remember but when i bring outlook up it and go in to e-mail to send one there is no send button or attachment icon any more at all? and when i look under view there is only custom there and no other options? how do i get back my icons and view options? thanks! ...

creating custom "objects" document/view
hi in CAD softwares, there are *objects* there that we can drag and drop to a form, like a resistor/diode/electronic symbol. with that cad software are able to create electronic schematic design. what is the nature of the form that holds such object? is that an activeX container? and what is that *object*? young_leaf ...

Calendar View 04-08-10
I have a client running the latest release of Entourage 2008 under 10.6.3. When she's in email and has Show Mail Folders Only, unchecked, she can access her calendar. However, if she clicks the calendar icon in the upper left hand corner of the Entourage window, no calendar appears. In the list along the left is Folder on My Computer and Calendar Views, but no item named Calendar. I created a test identity and the calendar in that identity looks and works correctly. I rebuilt the database for her identity, but that did not resolve the problem. Any other suggestions? Hal ...

combobox filter problem in subforms
i've created a form sbfStyleOperation with two combo boxes cboMachine and cboOperationID. cboMachine contains machine types and cboOperationID contains the "filtered" operations that uses the chosen machine at cboMachine. I got this working fine by using Requery macro in the AfterUpdate event at cboMachine and SELECT,FROM,WHERE at the row source of cboOperationID. SELECT tblSOL.OperationID, tblSOL.OperationDescription FROM tblSOL WHERE tblSOL.Machine=Forms!sbfStyleOperation!cboMachine; Now, the problem is when i attached sbfStyleOperation as a subform to a main form, after i ...

Viewing invitee names?
Dear Outlook gurus, We are in the process of rolling out Office 2007 across our organisation. We have one staff member who is an Executive Assistant (using Outlook 2007) who manages her manager's calendar (who uses Outlook 2003 still). When she opens a recurring appointment in his calendar to add or remove participants from the list, she can't see the list of people it went out to. All she sees is her name as meeting organizer. She is unable to remove a person off the list who has left or add a new person as it is. We've tried going into her Manager's cale...

View Editor / View Manager view GUIDs
I am trying to modify the view for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view. In know that editing of this view is not exposed in the System Customization UI and so one must use the workaround that has been developed in this group to do it which is using this url: http://<crm-server>/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={<GUID>} My questions are: 1. What is the GUID for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view? 2. Where do I find a complete list of these views? This is the list of GUIDs that I compiled from going through the archives of this list: 00000000-0000-00...

Subform field linker using OR
I've linked 2 subforms (using 6 Child Fields) to the same form (using 6 Master Fields). The links created are based on AND joins. (I.e. show all records where Master Field A and Master Field B matches Child Field A and Child Field B). I'm wondering if we can change the link between the Master and Child to show OR joins, i.e. such that all records matching Master Field A to Child Field A OR Master Field B to Child Field B) are displayed? Thanks, Michael I've taken out the Master/Child Link and used a query. Rather than deciphering how to add the additional line, i've mere...

MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views with user-defined functions?!
MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views (queries) containing user-defined functions?! What's wrong? And how to work around this? Using the latest version of Microsoft Publisher and MS Access (2003 sp2 with all latest updates), I am trying to create physical asset labels, with a unique serial number on each label. And in Microsoft Publisher, when I go to "select data source" and select my MS Access database "20060117pst2301pmb primary.mdb" (which generates such serial numbers), I get a popup entitled "Select Table" which lists all its tab...