Can a form linked to an autoLookup query update another table

I created a form that is updated with an AutoLookup query from another table
once a certain linked field is filled in.  Can this form be used to add a
record to the source table with the updated information?

When that record is saved, the record is added to the form's source table -
assuming the form is bound to the source table.
How does your form save the record?

"oterosuz" <oterosuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a form that is updated with an AutoLookup query from another
>table
> once a certain linked field is filled in.  Can this form be used to add a
> record to the source table with the updated information?

0
Jeanette

How to Link to the next blank row after the last entry in a column?
Cell BM6 Sheet1, has a formula that gives me a numeric total. The total belongs in Column D1 Sheet2 after the last entry, and there will be cells that will remain blank in that column before the last entry. Sheet1 is a work sheet, which will be saved with a new file name at the end of the month after the totals have been sent to Sheet2. Sheet2 is a permanent, ongoing record. The numbers on original Sheet1 will then be erased and the worksheet reused for the new month. :confused: How do I get the values into the appropriate row of Sheet2 and have them remain there when I reuse the workshee...

How to tell if a form is open
I want to know how to return a value telling me whether or not a form is currently open. Something like this pseudo-code: If Forms![new appointment].Open = True Then 'send harry a box of chocolates' End If Cheers -- Nick Assuming Access 2000 or later: If CurrentProject.AllForms("new appointment").IsLoaded Then -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Nick Heath" <NickHeath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Fields in TransactionEntry table
I hope someone can help me understand the contents of three fields in the TransactionEntry table in RMS. I'm trying to see if I can use data stored in these fields to correct the Price in my Item table. Two of the fields are the FullPrice and Price. It appears to me that the Price field is the price charged at the register, the FullPrice is something like the Price in Item. The PriceSource field seems to be a code that is 1 if the regular price is charged, 10 if the price is changed by the cashier and other values depending on the size of the discount applied at the register. My h...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Online prices updating quit
It is no longer available as a choice... only manual updating of prices is now available. Anyone know how to get it back? I already removed and reinstalled program (2004 Deluxe). Could it be corrupted .mny file? In microsoft.public.money, david_b2 wrote: >It is no longer available as a choice... only manual updating of prices is >now available. Anyone know how to get it back? I already removed and >reinstalled program (2004 Deluxe). Could it be corrupted .mny file? Help->About->OnlineServicesPolicy and Help->About->LicenseAgreement (section 2. DESCRIPTION OF ...

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

Money 2006 not updating properly
My bank, Bank One, was purchased by Chase, and until recently maintained a separate identity. My Money 2006 listed all my accounts with Bank One, and updated my records regularly. Now Bank One has merged completely, and all accounts are Chase accounts. Money has created a new Chase account which lists only transactions since Bank One was converted to Chase, and I need to merge everything into one account. How do I do that? Thanks, Terry Hi Terry, Very simple process. 1. click on the account list, then click on manage online services on the left under common tasks. 2. click on ban...

Can not Customize Leads View

repetitive windows update
Despite my Outlook 2007 is correctly installed and working, from several days I am receiving KB980376 security update, that is unable to install as "unable to find the related product". Any idea on how to stop this bothering routine ? I tryed to install manually with Windows XP Pro safe install : no result! Thanks Manlio ...

Bulk attachments

HR Benefit Table
I'm trying to do some cleanup of our benefits (delete benefits that were enrolled and never used) and in the process of querying table BE010130 there are a ton of benefits that have a 0 in the BENEFITSTATUS_I field. When I try to pull them up in GP they don't show under the specified employee. Can anyone tell me what these are and if I can delete them? ------=_NextPart_0001_079D83ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, After looking at the HRBEN.DOC from the SDK, it doesn't appear the BE010130 should have a value of 0. The values that should b...

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

Start background thread when a UI button is clicked, and Update UI button from background thread
I was asked these questions during a technical interview: 1) When the user clicks on a button on the form and that invokes a lot of heavy-duty calculations, what would you do? My answer: I would use "BeginInvoke" to start a background worker thread to do the heavy-duty calculations, in order to avoid blocking the main UI thread. Then he asked, "What does 'BeginInvoke' do"? I said it was a .NET pattern to start a background thread from a UI thread. Did I get it right? 2) Why can't you simply update a button on the UI thread from a background ...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Sychronizing Report and Parameter Form
How can I get a Report to Open a Paramenter form with the same record referenced? I just can't seem to get it. I have tried everything! Can someone please help me with this. Thank you. On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:24:03 -0800, TotallyConfused wrote: > How can I get a Report to Open a Paramenter form with the same record > referenced? I just can't seem to get it. I have tried everything! Can > someone please help me with this. Thank you. A Parameter Form is a form into which you enter a query's parameters. The query is used as the report's record source. It nee...