Calculations

Can we multiply two fields from two different forms without using a query.
Example from one table the value and from the second table the VAT(in order
when the VAT changes
to amend only the VAT field)
When I try it I'm getting error message.
Thanks

stevoo

Why not use an unbound combo box to select the VAT tax rate on 1 form. Then
you can multiply it in the AfterUpdate event of the combo. Alternatively it
the VAT combo is bound to the table, if you are not using a continuous form
or datasheet, you can just multiply the numbers as the control source of an
unbound textbox.

Why would you not want to use a query though?
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"stevoo via AccessMonster.com" <u33586@uwe> wrote in message
> Can we multiply two fields from two different forms without using a query.
> Example from one table the value and from the second table the VAT(in
> order
> when the VAT changes
> to amend only the VAT field)
> When I try it I'm getting error message.
> Thanks

Arvin

IRR Calculations
How do you use the Function for IRR if you have an outlay of cash at the start and then you receive the same amount of cash indefinitely? Hi Laurie! If it's a single outlay: Rate = CashFlow/Outlay Rate will be the effective rate for the periodicity of the cash flow. With a monthly cash flow Annual Effective = (1+CashFlow/Outlay)^12-1 -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. You can't use the IRR function because your cash inflows do not e...

PMT calculation is negative number
I'm using the PMT formula and it is correctly calculating the figure I need, but always saves it as a negative number. Is there a way to change this so that it is a positive number? Thanks! One way: = -PMT(...) One way to think about PMT's treatment of signs is as cash flows. If you received money in a loan (positive pv argument), then payments will be outgo (negative payment). OTOH, if you made an investment (so you paid out cash - a negative pv), then your monthly returns (PMT) will be positive. In article <ORi9flvbHHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, "Edwa...

calculate implied ytm
i'm trying to calculate the implied ytm for a bond 4,5year six month payment given nper=9 price of a Fv1000=1277,61 coupon rate p.a 11,5% coupon frequency semiannual using rate function the xl worksheet come up with an error which i'm trying to figuredit out but couldn't. +rate function ask me for a guess, but i was wxpecting a switch.. does anyone know how to do this?. write more clearly and don't abreviate. YOU may know what you're talking about but NOBODY else does -- HTH, Gary Brown "Azzurra" wrote: > i'm trying to calculate the implied yt...

freezing formulas after calculation #2
I've tried manually calculating and it won't work because as I move down the rows it will manually calculate all formulas within sheet. I'm adding information to target cells in which the formula cells are pulling from. Then I need to keep changing the target cells without altering the prior cells calculations. Does this make sense You can do it with macros by setting the range to calculate. Sub ManCalc() With Application .Calculation = xlManual .MaxChange = 0.001 End With Range("H4:H6").Select Selection.Copy Range("F4&quo...

Method to Calculate APR in Excel?
Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated. Thanks & regards, PJF Your question is very broad - more detail would have helped, with an example Here is one site that might help http://banking.about.com/od/loans/a/calculateapr.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PJF" <pjf10@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:uz7dOTJDKHA.5780@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated. > > Thanks & regards, > > PJF > > "PJF" <pj...

Global Calculation ???
Using Excel 97 I have a number of spreadsheets where I have to do a convert all amounts with a calculation. Is there a global way to do this. There's quite a few cells and spreadsheets ... would be nice to not have to tell each cell to do this. (even using the fill function would be onerous). Thanks a bunch for any short-cuts. Diana Hi Do you want to apply the same formula to these cells, or what? You can make use of a macro to achieve your goal, but the macro itself will be difficult to write without any guidelines? -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gaute...

calculate a productivity percentage
Hi guys. I'm looking for some help. I'm trying to calculate the productivity of my team via excel. What I need is to set an average so that if they complete 12 tasks within an hour this is 100% performance. My two columns are Productive time (in minutes) and forms complete. If it falls below 12 an hour I need the percentage to reflect that. Any help? Hi, If we assume a data layout of:- Col A= minutes Col B= units produced C1 = 12. The standard units per hour productiion rate the this formula in D1 returns the % of standard production which can be dragged down =(60/(A1/B1)/...

Calculate the difference two times
Hi, Please show me to fix these problems. Thanks Ex: 12:30 Am - 11:25 Pm= #VALUE and 2:50-2:52=# VALUE. Thank you Chi With your times in A1 and B1 =MOD(B1-A1,1) -- Regards Roger Govier "Chi" <Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77ED30BA-6F04-49FD-869B-EDD0337E738E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Please show me to fix these problems. Thanks > Ex: 12:30 Am - 11:25 Pm= #VALUE > and > 2:50-2:52=# VALUE. > > > Thank you > Chi On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 06:20:02 -0700, Chi <Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please show me to fix...

Conflicting Calculations
Hello all, I have audited my formulas over and over and am seeing an odd behaviour in Excel 2007 SP2. I am comparing cost rates. One contract price will be 0.0140 per minute.Another contract price will be 0.0159. Each will be compared against the same minute field. Obviously, if you multiple the first contract price by the minute it will be less than the second contract price. However, when you add both columns up to get a total of about 40,000 records, the second contract amount totals less than the first contract amount. Impossible, right? I even tested with a sumrpo...

How to calculate portfolio performance
I currently calculate my portfolio performance using the formula: =(H2/H1)-100% (H1 is beginning value, H2 is current value) I will soon begin making withdrawals from my investment account. What formula would I use to account for money that is withdrawn? Using the current formula it would be counted as a loss. e.g. 1/1/2008 value = $10,000.00 2/1/2008 withdraw $2,000.00 2/28/2008 value = $8,100.00 I made $100.00, not lost $1,900.00. So what formula do I use to correct this? Thanks, Joe To compute your $100 profit, do as you would on paper: =H2-(H1-2000) That formula comput...

Problem in calculating the outcome
Dear Expert, I have problem in doing a task. Say below ... A1 is name. B1 to Z1 is comprised of 25 names ... A2 is Shifts. There are 12 Shifts in a week. Even it works, they may have different working hours in a shift. So, wanna calculate the total hours for shift 4 regarding who did it... In this case, the answer is 3+4+2=9 For Shift 3, total hours are 2+4=6 Name Jimmy Fiona Cindy Crystal Peter Peggy John Shifts 1 3 4 2 3 4 4 Hours 3 2 3 4 4 4 2 I cannot use subtotal nor sorting nor marco as order will be distorted. If only functions are allowed, what can I do please? H...

Calculating date/time
Hi all I need to ascertain when a given action needs to be completed by, by adding a SLA (service level agreement) to the current date and time. Note: - SLAs may be anything from 1 minute to 2 weeks - Weekends must be ignored (not included in calcs) - A work day is Monday to Friday 6.30AM to 7.00PM So, for example, if it's Friday 4PM and a SLA is 4 hours, the required completion time should be Monday 7.30AM. I've looked at Chip Pearson's site for date/time calculation, but my problem does not appear to be addressed. Any direction is much appreciated. Paul Martin Melbourne, Au...

Calculating the percent effective based on a set weight.
I am trying to rate the performance based on a predetermined percentage weight. Example: Bob has a 7% quality rate Tracy has a 8% quality rate. Larry has a 9% quality rate. This particular category has a 30% total weight. (The other categories - [production etc.] adds up to 70% totaling 100% effective). Question: With a goal of 8%, how do I figure their effectiveness based on a 30% weight? Since I'm dealing with quality, the lower the number the higher their weight. Example: Bob has a 7% (cell A2) quality. The goal is 8% (cell A1). The weight is in A3, (30%). HIs effectiveness should...

Problem with text field calculations

Manually Calculating Formulas
Hey On a spreadsheet which I'm creating for college I need to calculate the formulas manually. That i've figured out but i'm not sure how to set the totals to zero with the formulas entact in the cells Cheers Tom Evans Spreadsheet Zipped attached +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Car Spreadsheet.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4765 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- gold2040 ----------------------------------------...

Calculating a deferred annuity
Hello all, I am building an Excel spreadsheet that deatils our annuit obligations. I need to build a formula that calculates our liability at a certai date based on the present value of an annuity that begins payments at date in the future. For example: Client gives us $2000 in a deferred annuity. Interest rate is 4.2%. Payments of $25.50 each quarter beginning 3/29/2036 for 16 quarters. What is the present value as of 6/30/2004? I have tried to use the PV function but cannot get a sum that agree with my other calculator. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! Ji -- Message post...

No calculation on new machine
I run XP Home with Office 2002 I have just installed my programs to a new machine. Excel is behaving differently on the new machine: Observed so far: i) I cannot select a cell by moving with the arrow keys. ii) I can insert a calculation, SUM for instance, into a cell and I get a 0.00 result. iii) Format > Cells provides three options, Border, pattern and protection. The old machine additionally gave me number, alignment and font. What have I miised? Thanks, Robin Chapple Hi Robin, Check your status bar that you do not have SCRL on the right side to indicate Scroll Lock (there i...

Calculate As of Date Check Book Opening Balance
Hi Is there any way to calculate as of opening and closing balance of a given check for Payments and Deposits Listing report Module = Banak Management Regards Irfan ...

Any trick for calculate the number words in the text file?
for some reason, i have to write some code to calculate the number of words which exists in the text file. the language of text is international. but, at above of them, i wanna write some code to figure the western language out. but, i really cannt get any trick or idea for it. so, i wrote this post to ask for some helps. any reply is appreciated :-) -- Frank F.Han +-----------------------------------------+ | winsays@:-)hotmail:-).com | +-----------------------------------------+ "Frank" <winsays@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23$k40e2XEHA.2940@TK2MSFTN...

formula to calculate savings from paying loan off sooner
a formula to calculate the amount of money saved in interest payments if the loan was paid off after one year, two years, etc.. mason wrote: > a formula to calculate the amount of money saved in interest payments if the > loan was paid off after one year, two years, etc. That depends on the type and specification of the loan. It might also depend on the jurisdiction of the loan. For example, the computation for Canadian mortgages can be very different. For a typical US loan with monthly payments and no balloon payment, the CUMIPMT() function might give you what you want. See Help ...

Work Comp Calculation
GP 9.0 SP3 SQL Server 2000 I have multiple states using Work Comp codes. Working fine. But Two states allow for the deduction of Cafeteria Plans from the reportable gross wages. How do I set up the reports and calculations to subtract out the Cafeteria Plan amounts? ...

Wire Distance Calculations
I am trying to produce a wire length calulation sheet for work. The sheet so far has 25 rows, column A&B have the corrdinates of the devices. Column C has the formula to calculate the distance. I figured out how to get the distance from the source to the first device then to the next until you get to the last one. I just don't know how to get the distance back to the source. Am I being to vauge??? Hi there, what do you have so far? (suspect, accumulative sum of distance?) Best regards, ANdras (Hungary) "not bright" wrote: > I am trying to produce a wire length ca...

Prorating calculations in Excel
After spending much time trying to find a nice way to calculate a decimal value for number of months for use in protrating calculations I've come up with this fairly simple and short way. Compared to what I've seen on the net this seems quite simple, as long as you have the extra excell plugin added to get the extra functions (if needed). so... IF a date is in CELL C2 and the end date is "31/03/04" as seen in formula... DATEDIF(C2,"31/03/04","M")+(DATEDIF(C2,EOMONTH(C2,0),"D")+1)/TEXT(EOMONTH(C2 ,0),"DD") DATEDIF(C2,"31/03/04&qu...

Calculating Readmit Rate
Hello, If I have a patient's record as follows: Lname Fname DOS End Date AdType Place Dicharge John Smith 4/15/2009 4/27/2009 Initial Admit Hospital Discharge to Home John Smith 4/27/2009 5/1/2009 Initial Admit Home Still at Home John Smith 5/1/2009 5/3/2009 Re-Admit Hospital Dicharge to NH John Smith 5/3/2009 5/20/2009 Initial Admit NH Sill at NH John Smith 5/20/2009 5/25/2009 Re-Admit Hospital Discharge to Home I need to count how many times Re-Admit shows up in the AdType when the person came...

Pivot table field calculations
I am trying to create a field in a pivot table that performs an operation - multiplying one field times another. I do not get logical results set up is something like this Company 1, % Ownership of company x, Company X revenues Product A Company 1, % Ownership of company y, Company y revenues Product a and so on for Company 2, Company 3 etc Each company has % in multiple other companyies and products I am trying to calculate the total revenues from product a that accrue to Company 1 on a % ownership basis. I create the new field, insert the exisiting field in the forumula .. The results a...