Calculating a number sequence

I have a control on a form called ABCDNbr. The makeup of the control is
ABCD/Cnbr/Year and the format is "ABCD"/000/0000;0;_
Where "ABCD" is static Cnbr is a hidden control based on a field of my table
where the default value is
=Nz(DMax("[Cnbr]","Offence"),0)+1
and year is the 4 digit year of a control CInputDate which is the date of
the new record input whose default value is Date()
How do I get the value of ABCDNbr to be automatically created as say
ABCD0092007 where 009 is the next value of Cnbr and 2007 is the year of
input.

Thanks
Tony

0
Tony

One other thing the middle portion of the number ie value of Cnbr should
have leading zeroes such as 009
Thanks
Tony
"Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>I have a control on a form called ABCDNbr. The makeup of the control is
>ABCD/Cnbr/Year and the format is "ABCD"/000/0000;0;_
> Where "ABCD" is static Cnbr is a hidden control based on a field of my
> table where the default value is
> =Nz(DMax("[Cnbr]","Offence"),0)+1
> and year is the 4 digit year of a control CInputDate which is the date of
> the new record input whose default value is Date()
> How do I get the value of ABCDNbr to be automatically created as say
> ABCD0092007 where 009 is the next value of Cnbr and 2007 is the year of
> input.
>
> Thanks
> Tony

0
Tony
8/14/2007 2:22:05 PM
Me!ABCDNbr = "ABCD" & Format(Me!CnBr,"000") & Format(Year(Date()),"yyyy")

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

"Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>I have a control on a form called ABCDNbr. The makeup of the control is
>ABCD/Cnbr/Year and the format is "ABCD"/000/0000;0;_
> Where "ABCD" is static Cnbr is a hidden control based on a field of my
> table where the default value is
> =Nz(DMax("[Cnbr]","Offence"),0)+1
> and year is the 4 digit year of a control CInputDate which is the date of
> the new record input whose default value is Date()
> How do I get the value of ABCDNbr to be automatically created as say
> ABCD0092007 where 009 is the next value of Cnbr and 2007 is the year of
> input.
>
> Thanks
> Tony

0
Steve
8/14/2007 2:54:46 PM
Thanks Steve but where do I put that expression?
Thanks
Tony
"Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> wrote in message
> Me!ABCDNbr = "ABCD" & Format(Me!CnBr,"000") & Format(Year(Date()),"yyyy")
>
> PC Datasheet
> Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
> Applications
> resource@pcdatasheet.com
>

> "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>I have a control on a form called ABCDNbr. The makeup of the control is
>>ABCD/Cnbr/Year and the format is "ABCD"/000/0000;0;_
>> Where "ABCD" is static Cnbr is a hidden control based on a field of my
>> table where the default value is
>> =Nz(DMax("[Cnbr]","Offence"),0)+1
>> and year is the 4 digit year of a control CInputDate which is the date of
>> the new record input whose default value is Date()
>> How do I get the value of ABCDNbr to be automatically created as say
>> ABCD0092007 where 009 is the next value of Cnbr and 2007 is the year of
>> input.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Tony

0
Tony
8/14/2007 2:58:13 PM
I've put it in the Onload of the form but the year is showing as 1905 not
2007 Why's that?
> Thanks Steve but where do I put that expression?
> Thanks
> Tony
> "Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> wrote in message
>> Me!ABCDNbr = "ABCD" & Format(Me!CnBr,"000") & Format(Year(Date()),"yyyy")
>>
>> PC Datasheet
>> Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
>> Applications
>> resource@pcdatasheet.com
>>

>> "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a control on a form called ABCDNbr. The makeup of the control is
>>>ABCD/Cnbr/Year and the format is "ABCD"/000/0000;0;_
>>> Where "ABCD" is static Cnbr is a hidden control based on a field of my
>>> table where the default value is
>>> =Nz(DMax("[Cnbr]","Offence"),0)+1
>>> and year is the 4 digit year of a control CInputDate which is the date
>>> of the new record input whose default value is Date()
>>> How do I get the value of ABCDNbr to be automatically created as say
>>> ABCD0092007 where 009 is the next value of Cnbr and 2007 is the year of
>>> input.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Tony

0
Tony
8/14/2007 3:07:29 PM
"Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> schreef in bericht =
> Me!ABCDNbr =3D "ABCD" & Format(Me!CnBr,"000") & =
Format(Year(Date()),"yyyy")
>=20

--=20
This is to inform 'newbees' here about PCD' Steve:
http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html=20
Until now 3350+ pageloads, 2250+ first-time visitors (these figures are =
rapidly increasing)

To PCD' Steve:   (this is also to inform those who do not understand...) =

This is *not* about the sigline...(although you are far away from a =
'resource' status).
But we will simply continue to hunt down *each and every* of your posts.

Why???
Because you are the ONLY person here who continues to advertise in the =
groups.

It is not relevant whether you advertised in *this* particular post or =
not...
=3D=3D> We want you to know that these groups are *not* your private =
hunting grounds!

For those who don't like too see all these messages:
=3D=3D> Simply killfile 'StopThisAdvertising'.=20
Newbees will still see this warning-message.

ArnoR
0
StopThisAdvertising
8/14/2007 3:17:28 PM
I'm sorry but I have no idea what this is about. I'm a regular poster here
and find the newsgroups incredibly helpful when I get stuck with a problem.
I hope your argument with this guy doesn't stop me from getting an answer to
my problem!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Tony

--
[...]

8/14/2007 5:05:33 PM
Hi Tony,

Check your system clock to see what year it is returning. Date() returns the
current date and "yyyy" should cause only the four digit year to display.

Putting the expression in the OnLoad event might not be a good idea as this
causes a record to be created as soon as your form opens. It would be better
to put the expression in the AfterUpdate event of another control on your
form that will always be entered when a new record is created.

> I've put it in the Onload of the form but the year is showing as 1905 not
> 2007 Why's that?
> Tony
> "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Steve but where do I put that expression?
>> Thanks
>> Tony
>> "Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> wrote in message
>>> Me!ABCDNbr = "ABCD" & Format(Me!CnBr,"000") &
>>> Format(Year(Date()),"yyyy")
>>>
>>> PC Datasheet
>>> Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
>>> Applications
>>> resource@pcdatasheet.com
>>>

>>> "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message

0
Steve
8/14/2007 5:57:02 PM
Tony,

This guy is tracking all my responses to posts in the newsgroups. He is
wasting readers time and wasting newsgroup bandwidth. You can greatly help
the newsgroups by sending a complaint to:
abuse@planet.nl.

The guy's name is Arno Raaijmaakers. In your complaint state that he is
violating planet.nl's Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy and is
violating newsgroup rules of conduct:

Rules of conduct
Appropriate Language: The purpose of our communities is to exchange
technical information and
expertise about Microsoft products. Please avoid personal attacks, slurs,
and profanity in your
interactions.

Be sure to include his post as an example.

> I'm sorry but I have no idea what this is about. I'm a regular poster here
> and find the newsgroups incredibly helpful when I get stuck with a
> problem. I hope your argument with this guy doesn't stop me from getting
> an answer to my problem!!!!!!!!!!!
> Thanks
> Tony
> "StopThisAdvertising" <StopThisAdvertising@DataShit> wrote in message
>
> "Steve" <sorry@private.emailaddress> schreef in bericht
>> Me!ABCDNbr = "ABCD" & Format(Me!CnBr,"000") & Format(Year(Date()),"yyyy")
>>

> --
> This is to inform 'newbees' here about PCD' Steve:
> http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html
> Until now 3350+ pageloads, 2250+ first-time visitors (these figures are
> rapidly increasing)
>
> To PCD' Steve:   (this is also to inform those who do not understand...)
> This is *not* about the sigline...(although you are far away from a
> 'resource' status).
> But we will simply continue to hunt down *each and every* of your posts.
>
> Why???
> Because you are the ONLY person here who continues to advertise in the
> groups.
>
> It is not relevant whether you advertised in *this* particular post or
> not...
> ==> We want you to know that these groups are *not* your private hunting
> grounds!
>
> For those who don't like too see all these messages:
> ==> Simply killfile 'StopThisAdvertising'.
> Newbees will still see this warning-message.
>
> ArnoR

0
Steve
8/14/2007 6:08:10 PM
"Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> schreef in bericht =

Indeed we hope that you will be able to get your answers for free here.
That's exactly why we are fighting PCD here.

> I'm sorry but I have no idea what this is about. I'm a regular poster =
here=20

I find it hard to believe that a regular poster has no idea about what's =
happening here.

Look at
http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html=20
and judge for yourself.

ArnoR

0
StopThisAdvertising
8/14/2007 8:22:10 PM
It's not your fault, you just happened to run into the local snake oil
salesman. Steve santos, aka pcdatasheet has been preying on these newsgroups
for years. It is standard policy that users of these newsgroups can get free
peer to peer help without being pestered by people looking for work.
Unfortunately, steve has taken it upon himself to be the only one who
ignores this rule and tries to con unsuspecting users out of their money.

Steve has also proven he really does not know what he is doing by his
numerous wrong and incomplete answers.

So steve has annoyed Arno to the point that he has decided to inform any
user who has contact with steve of steve's past behaviour even if steve's
post is benign.

Don't worry about getting an answer, there are many people far more
competent than steve who would gratefully help you for free.

John...    Visio MVP

"Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
> I'm sorry but I have no idea what this is about. I'm a regular poster here
> and find the newsgroups incredibly helpful when I get stuck with a
> problem. I hope your argument with this guy doesn't stop me from getting
> an answer to my problem!!!!!!!!!!!
> Thanks
> Tony

0
John
8/14/2007 11:34:44 PM
Steve you are a piece of work.

So are you recommending that if people do not like your sleazy business
practise of soliciting in the newsgroups?

John...    Visio MVP

> Tony,
>
> This guy is tracking all my responses to posts in the newsgroups. He is
> wasting readers time and wasting newsgroup bandwidth. You can greatly help
> the newsgroups by sending a complaint to:
> abuse@planet.nl.
>
> The guy's name is Arno Raaijmaakers. In your complaint state that he is
> violating planet.nl's Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy and is
> violating newsgroup rules of conduct:
>
> Rules of conduct
> Appropriate Language: The purpose of our communities is to exchange
> technical information and
> expertise about Microsoft products. Please avoid personal attacks, slurs,
> and profanity in your
> interactions.
>
> Be sure to include his post as an example.
>
> PC Datasheet

0
John

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Number not showing correctly
Hi, I had tried to enter a 12digit number in a worksheet but after entering it its not showing the coorrect number.Eg Iam trying to enter 857268578633 in the work sheet but after entering its showing 8.57269e+11 Why its happened Like this can you please explain me the format of the cell is probably 'General' instead of number. When you select number you can select the number of decimal places and/or the comma and negative number format if you like. If it then shows up as ###### or still has the scientific format appearance, you can widen the column. "Nawas" wrote: ...

New! Consecutive Numbering Tutorial for Publisher 2002/2003
http://www.mvps.org/publisher/numbering1.html Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org ...

group of numbers
How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? I've got the following numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I want them to be considered as a group. How can I achieve it? Thank you for your attention --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can name the range of cells that contain the numbers. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could give a bit more detail. PeaceMaker < wrote: > How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? > > I&...

How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data?
How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data? for example:LONGLONG aaa=123; then the digit number is 3; LONGLONG aaa=5678; then the digit number is 4; Another way is: int digits = 0; LONGLONG number = aaa; while (number > 0) { number /= 10; digits++; } Geo >-----Original Message----- >How to get the digit number of a LONGLONG data? >for example:LONGLONG aaa=123; then the digit number is 3; > LONGLONG aaa=5678; then the digit number is 4; > > >. > As long as the number isn't negative. "Geo" <ckarakiro@hotm...

Numbering
Hi, I am new to Word 2007 and am looking for a little be of help. hopefully someone knows the answer. I am creating a document with various headings. Having set-up my styles I have now encoutered a problem. I have various sections and the numbering is ok for Section A, however, when I reach Section B although the main heading is ok "2 SECTION B" (the numbering following from the main heading of SECTION A), the main body numbering follows of from Section A and does not restart. See example below At the present the document looks like this: 1 SECTION ...

transaction number #2
hi all while generating detailed sales report in mrms 1.3 we select transaction number to view journal of that particular bill,we find correct details in journal. But when we see in detailed sales report , we find items which are not a part of that journal displayed under transaction #. Is there query any problem in detailed sales report query in qrp reports. Rizwan, Have you tried to reindex the database? It's in the RMS Administrator under the database menu. Are you having any other issues with the software? Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-...

Calculated field options???

How can I increse the number of rows?
Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. Thanks. Use quattro pro. -- Gary''s Student "Miguel Arenas" wrote: > Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. > > Thanks. No. Sorry. Use multiple worksheets. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Miguel Arenas" <MiguelArenas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FED374-C997-45B6-BA4B-FF854194264C@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Excel has 65536 rows and I need more rows. > > Thanks. Then you need to use more sheets, or consider another application...

Assigning numbers to duplicates
I have some several fields that have duplicate Patient_ID and I would like to count those duplicates and assign them a number for example. Patient_ID Radiology 123 MRI 123 CT 123 MRI 127 CT 127 CT 138 CT I have been using the Total Count in the query but it summarizes the count for all Patients what I need is this: Patient_ID Radiology Count_Per_Patient 123 MRI 1 123 CT 2 123 MRI 3 127 CT 1 127 CT 2 138 CT ...

Page Numbers across worksheets
Does anyone know how to setup page numbers in the footer that will print continuously across worksheets when you chose print entire workbook from Excel 2000 or later? The closest I was able to come was to print the tab name so that the pages came out as worksheet1 page1 Worksheet1 Page2, Worksheet2 Page 1, Worksheet3, Page 1 Etc. Thanks! Daryl You just press the CTRL key and click the specified worksheets tab, then use print preview (or print directly), you may find out the page number is continously. HTH Harry "Daryl G." <Not@Provided.com> �b�l�� news:ejJBNJBeDHA.1832@...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

negative numbers #7
When trying to enter a negative number, such as -1, excel changes it to 01. samr414 Wrote: > When trying to enter a negative number, such as -1, excel changes it t > 01. I have been trying to duplicate this situation and it just would no happen. Maybe, formatting your cell to GENERAL or NUMBER will help yo solve this -- BenjieLo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31439 I XL does this wh...

wrong account number in investment portfolio
My 401k investment has the incorrect account number so when I try to down load my latest transactions it see nothin. I can see the account number when I go to account details but it is grayed out so I can't change it. I just upgraded to 2004 deluxe so I could automatically download my transactions, but it won't happen until I can change the account number. Any ideas? Thanks. Delete the financial institution associated with the account and then begin anew. "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ce0a01c4530a$a9ba3e30$a401280a@phx.gbl.....

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Word 2008: What section number is cursor location?

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...