Button to go to a specific record in a form

Hello,

I have two forms.  I need to use a command button to go to a second form's
specific record.

a. In the wizard, when it is time to chose the fields to match, there is
nothing in the left side of the screen.

b. How do I do this in code.

Thnaks for all of your help.

Joe

In the Click event of the command button, use the primary key field of the
record you want to open in the second form in the OpenForm Where argument.
This is a good example in VBA Help.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Joe C" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two forms.  I need to use a command button to go to a second form's
> specific record.
>
> a. In the wizard, when it is time to chose the fields to match, there is
> nothing in the left side of the screen.
>
> b. How do I do this in code.
>
> Thnaks for all of your help.
>
> Joe

Do not Email Button
Folks, can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do not email, using the radio button on their record, does not get emailed? thanks Pat No this does not work consistently throughout the system. I believe it has been logged as a bug but no resolution has been provided as far as I am aware. "Phifunk" <Phifunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD32EE5B-4BCD-419F-BA5E-FBE7A31843E1@microsoft.com... > Folks, > > can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do > not email, using the radio button...

Option Buttons/Radio Buttons
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have 2 option buttons in each row (total of 20 rows) I would like the only one of the 2 buttons in each row are on or off. The problem I am having is that it dosent matter which button on which row I select, only that button is active. All the other buttons go blank. I have tried changing the source for each pair of buttons but when I do all the other button sources change as well. How do i set up the buttons so that I can select one of the 2 in every row.? Example 20 buttons in total - 10 buttons active and 10 buttons inactive Thanks John You have to grou...

Confusion with forms and related subforms
Hello, I'm trying to figure out the concept of embedding subforms into main forms. I have main tables, 4 junction tables, and a few look-up tables (not all look-ups are listed below). If I'm reading it correctly, the junction tables which relate to the main tables should be in the form of a subform placed within the main form they relate to? I'm lost on the fact that I believe I have a subform which appears should be on another subform which should then be on a form. If this is correct, the form looks extremely busy and not user friendly, and just plain incorre...

Moving a Button in a Dialog
I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN) pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ) Rect.left += 1 Rect.right += 1 pBtnOK->MoveWindow( &Rect, TRUE) Thanks in advance. Rahvin wrote: > I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command: > > CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN); > pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ); > Rect.left +...

Settings Button , Customize Button and Service Calendar
Here are the links you can put inside the outlook client to access this menu's inside outlook without having to use the web client to make the changes in your organization Just creat a new folder in the CRM structure ( or not ) , in the properties windows ( homepage ) Insert the following info. Settings http://crm:port/tools/home_tools.aspx?pid=0 System Customization http://crm:port/tools/systemcustomization/systemcustomization.aspx?pid=0 Service Calendar http://crm:port/sm/home_apptbook.aspx You have to creat a folder for each link . Im using this , i dont know if microsoft recommen...

How to record the sale of a house
Hi, CPA I'm not. How do I go about recording the sale of our house. I don't need to record everything on a micro scale but I need to close our existing mortgage account and place the small surplus in our checking account. Many thanks, Bob Lyons ...

Missing Send Button #3
My kids messed up something in Outlook. I have XP Hmoe and office 2000. My outlook works fine (under my user) but my wife's is now missing the send button in the toolbar. Thus seh cannot send emails. I cannot check the response toolbar under customize. Do I need to uninstall then reinstall or is there a way to fix it without having to do that? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Is her mail account installed and working? Does reinstalling the account clear up the situation? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

go to page question
How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to page first or page last? Press Ctrl+G. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "richard" <rmk@wonderland.net> wrote in message news:ehetEr2fKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to > page first or page last? On 12/17/2009 6:12 PM, Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote: > Press Ctrl+G. > Thank you. But I wonder why I could not find th...

Radio Button
I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it selects the one I click on and clears one selected before. Is there a way to have it clear the button that was selected if I click on the same button again. As it is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is selected. Hi This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female, no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices (Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Debb...

Buttons Issue with Access 2007 on Vista
Hi there! I have a client who has a simple access DB. If he runs it onXP/Access 2007 no issue, but if he runs it on vista/access2007, he can't click any of the buttons on any of theforms! Could someone shed some light please?...

Outlook Custom Button
Hi All, Is there a way to add a custom button to Outlook 2003 SP-2 standard tool bar and have it replicate to all the users in the domain? Thanks CG You'd need to add it using a script or vba and push it out via a logon script. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cen...

Superscript Button and Subscript Button
I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? "=?Utf-8?B?U2xvdGg=?=" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3D6FC2A9-56DD-49DD-B2A3-0DC028A12184@microsoft.com: > I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the > superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the > superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? > Record a macro for each and tie them to buttons. ...

Problem with VBA code on command button
I have a form that has a combo box to select a month. The name of the combo box is txtmontha (I realise it would have been better to name it cmb???) The is a command button that when clicked should open a form where the date selected from the combo box is the same value as the date on the form. Here is the code behind the command button: Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click Dim strqtr As String strqtr = Me.txtmontha.Value Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "frmFDA" Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSou...

ADO Recordset Find Record
Hi... I'm using VB6.0 in a Windows XP environment with Microsoft Access 2000 databases. I have a datagrid on my form attached to and adodc data control. I load the data control with data from my Access 2000 table. One column is "[Rider Name]". I want to do a find on the "Patient" (or [Rider Name]). In a combo box on the form, I select a patient name. When the focus is lost on the combo box, it goes to the "Lost Focus" event where: I define a variable as sCrit for my criteria I give the criteria the following string: Chr4(34) & &qu...

Recording a command button name
I have an application where the user is prompted to save when they leave the the data entry form either by previewing a report of the data or by closing the form completely. There are two buttons a user can use to do this cmdPreview or cmdClose. I use a module to promt the user for svae. What I would like to do is differentiate to the module which button was clicked. Is there a way to do this? thanks You could take a look at Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "E" <...

ActiveX Option Buttons
:confused: Hello, I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return. I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to th same cell. That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' o 'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell? Please help -- veci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vecia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=211 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Custom Button for a Report
Thanks,Tom It is posible create Custom Button for a Report create in Store Operations Manager(Reports/Memorized) or In Store Operation Adminstratrator(SQL FILE) Wilfredo It might be possible, but it'd be beyond the scope of my ability at present. Good luck, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. "Wilfredo De Jesus" wrote: > Thanks,Tom > > It is posible create Custom Button for a Report create in Store Operations > Manager(Reports/Memorized) or In Store Operation Adminstratrator(SQL FI...

Data Validation: Validate Specific Day of the Week?
Users will enter a date in cell D6. The date they enter must be a Monday. How can I validate for that? Thanks, -Ted I entered dates in E1:E10. I selected E1 In the Data | Validation dialog, I used Custom and entered =WEEKDAY(E1)=2 I selected all the dates and opened Data | Validation; it offered to apply the validation to all the cells Done best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Ted" <ted.gallagher@gmail.com> wrote in message news:#o$yRC6vKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Users will enter a date in ce...

HELP: Display search results in footer section in a split form
Hi All, I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ Details Section. How can I display results in the footer section? Is there a way to do it? Basically I just want to display results below the search criteria and not in a new tab or window. Hope I made it clear Thanks in advance If you want Quick & Dirty, create a textBox in the Footer and just fill it programmatically at execution-time. "sam" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ > Details Section. How can ...

Fill-in rows with specific value by conditoning.
i have a list let say... column a column b -------- -------- 1 898, 896 2 894 3 880, 870 4 860, 850, 840 5 830-800 input cell = (a numeric value, 1-5) here is what i want to do. if i enter 1 in 'input cell', then column z -------- 898 896 if input cell = 2, then column z -------- 894 if input cell = 4, then column z -------- 860 850 840 etc. is there a easy way to do it? thx in advance. I bet it could be done with a little more info. Is A1 your only input cell? Is Z1:Z??? your only output range? What happens if you put a 1 then change ...

Make a button the default button
Hi all If got a form with 3 buttons. First they need to search for a customer and after that for all the articles related for that customer. So in the code for searching a customer I put: Me.knp_Bok_Zoeken.Default = True at the end. But he doesnot make this the default button :S Or at least when I enter a customer and press enter he searches for that customer and if I press enter again he does nothing (instead of running the code to find the articles) Does anybody now what I'm doing wrong? Kind regards Erwin Erwin If you open the form in design view, select the button you wi...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

Print button on toolbar linked to specific printer, way to do?
Argggh, they keep changing colour printers on us <lol>! I'm in a govt dept that balloons up/deflates due to election events! In the last 2 weeks, they've changed all the printers around on us as they move them to accommodate needs! At the end of the event, the printers will all return back to their original configurations and locations <phew>! The colour printer is the one that concerns me. Is there a way to just assign a printer, via a macro maybe, to a button on the toolbar? That way, no matter what printer was actually there and no matter where it was locat...

Button
I know this is simple, but i've been staring at it for so long that it's not going to be obvious. I have put a button on a sheet so I could run a macro with it. The button wouldn't let me assign the macro to it, I right clicked and it didn't give me the assign macro shortcut selection. I copied a button from another sheet and pasted it and redid the macro, that is fine. My problem is that I can't get the button that wouldn't let me assign a macro, to go away. I tried to right click and nothing happens. I left click and it just pushes in. I can't find a sett...

Back button and toolbar keys...
don't seem to work. Sometimes, but then they stop and nothing can be done. Quite frustrating. Read something about a corrupted cache. Any suggestions? Do I just uninstall and reinstall the program? Using Win7 Pro 64 bit. "citizen53" <citizen53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09C97EF7-7614-4A8E-990C-56895AD30BA9@microsoft.com... > don't seem to work. Sometimes, but then they stop and nothing can be > done. > Quite frustrating. Read something about a corrupted cache. Any > suggestions? > Do I just uninstall and r...