Button to Export a Record into XML

I have a form setup and I want to have a button you click on that will export
the current record displayed to a XML file.  Only the current record, and not
the entire table.

How would I go about this?

Create a query that's limited to the single record (make it a parameter
query that gets the ID of the current record from your form), and export the
query, not the table.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Bombay" <Bombay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form setup and I want to have a button you click on that will
>export
> the current record displayed to a XML file.  Only the current record, and
> not
> the entire table.
>
> How would I go about this?

0
Douglas
5/29/2007 3:49:05 PM
Id like to keep this in the forms, because this is something that will need
to be done on a daily basis.  Running a query every day for each Item will be
a hassle.  Trying to make this as easy and painless as possible.

Thanks

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> Create a query that's limited to the single record (make it a parameter
> query that gets the ID of the current record from your form), and export the
> query, not the table.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Bombay" <Bombay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a form setup and I want to have a button you click on that will
> >export
> > the current record displayed to a XML file.  Only the current record, and
> > not
> > the entire table.
> >
> > How would I go about this?

As I said, create a query that uses the ID from the form as a parameter.
There's no "running a query" involved: you simply refer to the query in the
export statement rather than the table.

--

> Id like to keep this in the forms, because this is something that will
> need
> to be done on a daily basis.  Running a query every day for each Item will
> be
> a hassle.  Trying to make this as easy and painless as possible.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> Create a query that's limited to the single record (make it a parameter
>> query that gets the ID of the current record from your form), and export
>> the
>> query, not the table.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Bombay" <Bombay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a form setup and I want to have a button you click on that will
>> >export
>> > the current record displayed to a XML file.  Only the current record,
>> > and
>> > not
>> > the entire table.
>> >
>> > How would I go about this?

0
Douglas
5/29/2007 4:23:48 PM
Sorry If I am a little confused.

So you're suggesting I:

1.Create a button that runs a query based on the field displayed?

I want to keep this in the form section, and it to be a button on the form.

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> As I said, create a query that uses the ID from the form as a parameter.
> There's no "running a query" involved: you simply refer to the query in the
> export statement rather than the table.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Bombay" <Bombay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Id like to keep this in the forms, because this is something that will
> > need
> > to be done on a daily basis.  Running a query every day for each Item will
> > be
> > a hassle.  Trying to make this as easy and painless as possible.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
> >
> >> Create a query that's limited to the single record (make it a parameter
> >> query that gets the ID of the current record from your form), and export
> >> the
> >> query, not the table.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> >> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> >> (no e-mails, please!)
> >>

> >> "Bombay" <Bombay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

NO RUNNING OF A QUERY IS REQUIRED!

Presumably you've got code associated with the button that exports the table
to XML. All you have to do is replace the name of the table with the name of
the query you've created.

--

> Sorry If I am a little confused.
>
> So you're suggesting I:
>
> 1.Create a button that runs a query based on the field displayed?
>
> I want to keep this in the form section, and it to be a button on the
> form.
>

> "Douglas J. Steele" wrote:
>
>> As I said, create a query that uses the ID from the form as a parameter.
>> There's no "running a query" involved: you simply refer to the query in
>> the
>> export statement rather than the table.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
>> http://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no e-mails, please!)
>>

>> "Bombay" <Bombay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Id like to keep this in the forms, because this is something that will
>> > need
>> > to be done on a daily basis.  Running a query every day for each Item
>> > will
>> > be
>> > a hassle.  Trying to make this as easy and painless as possible.
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Douglas
5/29/2007 6:21:51 PM
Thank you for your help, i was able to get that to work.

Now my issue is formatting when it is exported into the XML file.

Several Items have the same PO Number.  I wish for the PO Number to show up
only once along with data such as who ordered it, shipping method.  The only
info I wish to repeat is the item info.  Example of the output file.

- <po_pohdrf00_x0020_Query>
  <AUX_PO_NO>BARB0002</AUX_PO_NO>
  <PO_HDR_DAT>2007-05-23T00:00:00</PO_HDR_DAT>
  <PO_HDR_ORD_BY>BARBARA</PO_HDR_ORD_BY>
  <PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>TRUCK</PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>
  <PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>SPECIAL TERMS</PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>C1860A</PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>HEWLETT-PACKARD PLOTTER</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>PAPER C1860A 24" x 150'</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>
  <PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>21</PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>
  <PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>EACH</PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>
  </po_pohdrf00_x0020_Query>
- <po_pohdrf00_x0020_Query>
  <AUX_PO_NO>BARB0002</AUX_PO_NO>
  <PO_HDR_DAT>2007-05-23T00:00:00</PO_HDR_DAT>
  <PO_HDR_ORD_BY>BARBARA</PO_HDR_ORD_BY>
  <PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>TRUCK</PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>
  <PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>SPECIAL TERMS</PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>C4715A</PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>HEWLETT-PACKARD DESIGNJET</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>450C "D" SIZE C4715A</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>
  <PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>5</PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>
  <PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>EACH</PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>

This is how I wish for it to look like.

- <po_pohdrf00_x0020_Query>
  <AUX_PO_NO>BARB0002</AUX_PO_NO>
  <PO_HDR_DAT>2007-05-23T00:00:00</PO_HDR_DAT>
  <PO_HDR_ORD_BY>BARBARA</PO_HDR_ORD_BY>
  <PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>TRUCK</PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>
  <PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>SPECIAL TERMS</PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>C1860A</PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>HEWLETT-PACKARD PLOTTER</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>PAPER C1860A 24" x 150'</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>
  <PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>21</PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>
  <PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>EACH</PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>C4715A</PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>HEWLETT-PACKARD DESIGNJET</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>
  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>450C "D" SIZE C4715A</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>
  <PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>5</PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>
  <PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>EACH</PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>
I don't believe Access gives you that flexibility.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no private e-mails, please)

> Thank you for your help, i was able to get that to work.
>
> Now my issue is formatting when it is exported into the XML file.
>
> Several Items have the same PO Number.  I wish for the PO Number to show
> up
> only once along with data such as who ordered it, shipping method.  The
> only
> info I wish to repeat is the item info.  Example of the output file.
>
> - <po_pohdrf00_x0020_Query>
>  <AUX_PO_NO>BARB0002</AUX_PO_NO>
>  <PO_HDR_DAT>2007-05-23T00:00:00</PO_HDR_DAT>
>  <PO_HDR_ORD_BY>BARBARA</PO_HDR_ORD_BY>
>  <PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>TRUCK</PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>
>  <PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>SPECIAL TERMS</PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>C1860A</PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>HEWLETT-PACKARD PLOTTER</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>PAPER C1860A 24" x 150'</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>
>  <PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>21</PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>
>  <PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>EACH</PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>
>  </po_pohdrf00_x0020_Query>
> - <po_pohdrf00_x0020_Query>
>  <AUX_PO_NO>BARB0002</AUX_PO_NO>
>  <PO_HDR_DAT>2007-05-23T00:00:00</PO_HDR_DAT>
>  <PO_HDR_ORD_BY>BARBARA</PO_HDR_ORD_BY>
>  <PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>TRUCK</PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>
>  <PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>SPECIAL TERMS</PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>C4715A</PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>HEWLETT-PACKARD DESIGNJET</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>450C "D" SIZE C4715A</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>
>  <PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>5</PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>
>  <PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>EACH</PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>
>

> This is how I wish for it to look like.
>
> - <po_pohdrf00_x0020_Query>
>  <AUX_PO_NO>BARB0002</AUX_PO_NO>
>  <PO_HDR_DAT>2007-05-23T00:00:00</PO_HDR_DAT>
>  <PO_HDR_ORD_BY>BARBARA</PO_HDR_ORD_BY>
>  <PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>TRUCK</PO_HDR_SHIP_VIA>
>  <PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>SPECIAL TERMS</PO_HDR_SPEC_TERMS>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>C1860A</PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>HEWLETT-PACKARD PLOTTER</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>PAPER C1860A 24" x 150'</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>
>  <PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>21</PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>
>  <PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>EACH</PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>C4715A</PO_LIN_ITEM_NO>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>HEWLETT-PACKARD DESIGNJET</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_1>
>  <PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>450C "D" SIZE C4715A</PO_LIN_ITEM_DESC_2>
>  <PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>5</PO_LIN_QTY_ORD>
>  <PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>EACH</PO_LIN_OUR_UNIT>

0
Douglas

Do not Email Button
Folks, can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do not email, using the radio button on their record, does not get emailed? thanks Pat No this does not work consistently throughout the system. I believe it has been logged as a bug but no resolution has been provided as far as I am aware. "Phifunk" <Phifunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD32EE5B-4BCD-419F-BA5E-FBE7A31843E1@microsoft.com... > Folks, > > can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do > not email, using the radio button...

Outlook 2003 will not export all pst files
I am try to export all of the emai file in outlook 2003 so i can import it into a new computer. When i went to import it into the new computer i was missing 6 months of email and 6 months of sent file. I just went to file Import/Export and selected export and then selected .pst and the selected Personl file and checked all subfolders and told it to export it to My downloads folders. I then put it on a jump drive and went to the new computer and went to outlook and told it to import the pst file and i am missing date 5/07 and 11/07. Does any one know how to fix this issue? Mike O (MOE) "...

Option Buttons/Radio Buttons
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have 2 option buttons in each row (total of 20 rows) I would like the only one of the 2 buttons in each row are on or off. The problem I am having is that it dosent matter which button on which row I select, only that button is active. All the other buttons go blank. I have tried changing the source for each pair of buttons but when I do all the other button sources change as well. How do i set up the buttons so that I can select one of the 2 in every row.? Example 20 buttons in total - 10 buttons active and 10 buttons inactive Thanks John You have to grou...

Moving a Button in a Dialog
I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN) pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ) Rect.left += 1 Rect.right += 1 pBtnOK->MoveWindow( &Rect, TRUE) Thanks in advance. Rahvin wrote: > I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command: > > CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN); > pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ); > Rect.left +...

How to record the sale of a house
Hi, CPA I'm not. How do I go about recording the sale of our house. I don't need to record everything on a micro scale but I need to close our existing mortgage account and place the small surplus in our checking account. Many thanks, Bob Lyons ...

Settings Button , Customize Button and Service Calendar
Here are the links you can put inside the outlook client to access this menu's inside outlook without having to use the web client to make the changes in your organization Just creat a new folder in the CRM structure ( or not ) , in the properties windows ( homepage ) Insert the following info. Settings http://crm:port/tools/home_tools.aspx?pid=0 System Customization http://crm:port/tools/systemcustomization/systemcustomization.aspx?pid=0 Service Calendar http://crm:port/sm/home_apptbook.aspx You have to creat a folder for each link . Im using this , i dont know if microsoft recommen...

Missing Send Button #3
My kids messed up something in Outlook. I have XP Hmoe and office 2000. My outlook works fine (under my user) but my wife's is now missing the send button in the toolbar. Thus seh cannot send emails. I cannot check the response toolbar under customize. Do I need to uninstall then reinstall or is there a way to fix it without having to do that? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Is her mail account installed and working? Does reinstalling the account clear up the situation? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Radio Button
I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it selects the one I click on and clears one selected before. Is there a way to have it clear the button that was selected if I click on the same button again. As it is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is selected. Hi This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female, no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices (Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Debb...

Buttons Issue with Access 2007 on Vista
Hi there! I have a client who has a simple access DB. If he runs it onXP/Access 2007 no issue, but if he runs it on vista/access2007, he can't click any of the buttons on any of theforms! Could someone shed some light please?...

Outlook Custom Button
Hi All, Is there a way to add a custom button to Outlook 2003 SP-2 standard tool bar and have it replicate to all the users in the domain? Thanks CG You'd need to add it using a script or vba and push it out via a logon script. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cen...

XML canonicalization using VB
How can I canonicalise an XML file in VB???? Kindly help me out at the earliest. I can do the same in .NET using System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.XmlDsigC14NTransform namespace. I am very much desperate for this... All I need to do is.. take an XML as input and give an canonicalized XML as output. Regards, From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/49_2003_10_0_0_0/dotnet-xml.ht Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group http://www.developmentnow.com Praveen wrote: > How can I canonicalise an XML file in VB???? Kindly help me out at the earliest. > > I can do the same in .NET using Syst...

Finding unique records from a list.
I have data in List where there is a filed TAG Number and contains numbers like 0405-115560 0405-115588 0304-100560 0304-152560 .....like wise I want to now find out if all the numbers are unique and that there is no dulicate number in this field. There are around 600 to 1500 rows of data in a list. Can I have a clue to get over this problem ? Thx Shanks one way is introduce a heading highlight all the no.s and the hading data-filter-advance filter- both input and criteria range is highlighted range- copy to different location-unique records only Shanks <Shanks@discussions.microso...

Export data to word template
I've read that it's possible to export CRM data into Word (and other Office applications) by configuring an ODBC connection. Since I'm a novice when it comes to this sort of stuff, can anyone tell me how this is done? Cheers you can use Visual studio tool for office for this kinds of stuff WiLLerZ wrote: > I've read that it's possible to export CRM data into Word (and other > Office applications) by configuring an ODBC connection. Since I'm a > novice when it comes to this sort of stuff, can anyone tell me how this > is done? > Cheers Have you looke...

Superscript Button and Subscript Button
I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? "=?Utf-8?B?U2xvdGg=?=" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3D6FC2A9-56DD-49DD-B2A3-0DC028A12184@microsoft.com: > I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the > superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the > superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? > Record a macro for each and tie them to buttons. ...

ADO Recordset Find Record
Hi... I'm using VB6.0 in a Windows XP environment with Microsoft Access 2000 databases. I have a datagrid on my form attached to and adodc data control. I load the data control with data from my Access 2000 table. One column is "[Rider Name]". I want to do a find on the "Patient" (or [Rider Name]). In a combo box on the form, I select a patient name. When the focus is lost on the combo box, it goes to the "Lost Focus" event where: I define a variable as sCrit for my criteria I give the criteria the following string: Chr4(34) & &qu...

Problem with VBA code on command button
I have a form that has a combo box to select a month. The name of the combo box is txtmontha (I realise it would have been better to name it cmb???) The is a command button that when clicked should open a form where the date selected from the combo box is the same value as the date on the form. Here is the code behind the command button: Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click Dim strqtr As String strqtr = Me.txtmontha.Value Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "frmFDA" Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSou...

Choose record info using ComboBox
I have tblProjects (Key = ProjectID) I made a form (record source = tblPtojects) containing all the fields form tblProjects I want the user to pick a project using a combobox, and have the other fields updated with the project's info, instead of navigating through projects using the form buttons. Currently, when I select a project in the combo, nothing happens. What do I need? Antonio. "AntonioMachado" <u35762@uwe> wrote in message news:7507769e3a4da@uwe... >I have tblProjects (Key = ProjectID) > > I made a form (record source = tblPtojects) containing all...

Restricting access to Export to Excel functionality.
Hi all I am aware that the answer is likely to be 'no', but is anybody aware of a way in which I can disable the Export to Excel functionality on the various screens (accounts, contacts, etc.) - either on a user by user basis or globally. A customer of mine believes this functionality makes it too easy for a user to do a complete dump of the central CRM data to Excel. (Obviously we have given them access to the data and we want them to be able to view it, but we do not want them to easily be able to do a complete dump). Any help appreciated. Cheers Andrew Andrew Volz Senior Consu...

Cannot delete xml file - file based event scheduling
Hi, I have a report scheduled with File based event scheduling in CR XI Server version 11.5. The report is created with XML file as its datasource. The report will be triggered if the event of xml file is created in the source directory. As per the schedule, it will look for the event to occur every 1 minute. Since I need to enerate this report everytime the file comes into the directory, I have to delete the file after he report is generated, so that, next time the file comes in, the report will be generated again. After the report is run for the first time successfuly as the event occurs...

ActiveX Option Buttons
:confused: Hello, I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return. I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to th same cell. That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' o 'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell? Please help -- veci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vecia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=211 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Recording a command button name
I have an application where the user is prompted to save when they leave the the data entry form either by previewing a report of the data or by closing the form completely. There are two buttons a user can use to do this cmdPreview or cmdClose. I use a module to promt the user for svae. What I would like to do is differentiate to the module which button was clicked. Is there a way to do this? thanks You could take a look at Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "E" <...

Custom Button for a Report
Thanks,Tom It is posible create Custom Button for a Report create in Store Operations Manager(Reports/Memorized) or In Store Operation Adminstratrator(SQL FILE) Wilfredo It might be possible, but it'd be beyond the scope of my ability at present. Good luck, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. "Wilfredo De Jesus" wrote: > Thanks,Tom > > It is posible create Custom Button for a Report create in Store Operations > Manager(Reports/Memorized) or In Store Operation Adminstratrator(SQL FI...

how to export CRM Quotations?
I need to know if it is possible to export Quotes and Invoices..!! for example: I need to send a quotation for a customer, there is no way to attache a quote in a mail. As a result, i have to write a quote in a an Excel Sheet and send it for the customer. Is there any way to extract these information from the CRM ? -- Kind Regards, Bahaa Salem There are quite a few ways you could do this. 1. Create a quote using Word and MailMerge (this would have to go through the CRM Outlook Client and would not work with the web client). 2. Create a SRS report which will act as a printable or exportabl...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

Make a button the default button
Hi all If got a form with 3 buttons. First they need to search for a customer and after that for all the articles related for that customer. So in the code for searching a customer I put: Me.knp_Bok_Zoeken.Default = True at the end. But he doesnot make this the default button :S Or at least when I enter a customer and press enter he searches for that customer and if I press enter again he does nothing (instead of running the code to find the articles) Does anybody now what I'm doing wrong? Kind regards Erwin Erwin If you open the form in design view, select the button you wi...