Button to edit additional field in continous subform

Since the memo field does not fit my continous subform, I want a command
button on that subform to display (edit) memo field of the same record. How
to link command button action to the record? The primary key for the subform
is AutoNumber and I have no room for tab control.

thanks.

0
Song

The simplest solution would be to use the built-in zoom box to enter the
data for the field.

Make sure there is a text box for your memo field on the form (even if it is
only 0.01" wide.)

In the Click event procedure of your command button:
    Me.MyMemo.SetFocus
    RunCommand acCmdZoomBox

Substitute the name of the text box in place of MyMemo.

"Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Since the memo field does not fit my continous subform, I want a command
> button on that subform to display (edit) memo field of the same record.
> How to link command button action to the record? The primary key for the
> subform is AutoNumber and I have no room for tab control.
>
> thanks.

0
Allen
11/18/2007 5:57:48 AM
Thanks. It works great!

> The simplest solution would be to use the built-in zoom box to enter the
> data for the field.
>
> Make sure there is a text box for your memo field on the form (even if it
> is only 0.01" wide.)
>
> In the Click event procedure of your command button:
>    Me.MyMemo.SetFocus
>    RunCommand acCmdZoomBox
>
> Substitute the name of the text box in place of MyMemo.

> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Since the memo field does not fit my continous subform, I want a command
>> button on that subform to display (edit) memo field of the same record.
>> How to link command button action to the record? The primary key for the
>> subform is AutoNumber and I have no room for tab control.
>>
>> thanks.

0
Song
11/18/2007 6:30:04 AM
I use Access 2003 and it works fine. Someone using Access 2007, to run my
application, acCmdZoomBox does not popup.
No error message. Any idea? I'm not read to move to Access 2007 for my
application yet as majority of users are Access 2003.

> The simplest solution would be to use the built-in zoom box to enter the
> data for the field.
>
> Make sure there is a text box for your memo field on the form (even if it
> is only 0.01" wide.)
>
> In the Click event procedure of your command button:
>    Me.MyMemo.SetFocus
>    RunCommand acCmdZoomBox
>
> Substitute the name of the text box in place of MyMemo.

> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Since the memo field does not fit my continous subform, I want a command
>> button on that subform to display (edit) memo field of the same record.
>> How to link command button action to the record? The primary key for the
>> subform is AutoNumber and I have no room for tab control.
>>
>> thanks.

0
Song
11/18/2007 2:23:31 PM
In Access 2007,you may find that no code runs unless you add your database
folder to the list of trusted locations.

They can do this under:
    Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings

>I use Access 2003 and it works fine. Someone using Access 2007, to run my
>application, acCmdZoomBox does not popup.
> No error message. Any idea? I'm not read to move to Access 2007 for my
> application yet as majority of users are Access 2003.
>

> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> The simplest solution would be to use the built-in zoom box to enter the
>> data for the field.
>>
>> Make sure there is a text box for your memo field on the form (even if it
>> is only 0.01" wide.)
>>
>> In the Click event procedure of your command button:
>>    Me.MyMemo.SetFocus
>>    RunCommand acCmdZoomBox
>>
>> Substitute the name of the text box in place of MyMemo.
>>
>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Since the memo field does not fit my continous subform, I want a command
>>> button on that subform to display (edit) memo field of the same record.
>>> How to link command button action to the record? The primary key for the
>>> subform is AutoNumber and I have no room for tab control.

0
Allen
11/19/2007 12:50:44 AM
I have 2 computers. I do all the programming on my Access 2003 Windows XP.
Then, I copied mdb/mde files to my Access 2007 Windows Vista computer.
Everything runs fine in Access 2007 except this "RunCommand acCmdZoomBox".
It flashes so quick and just would not zoom open.

I, then, put c:\users\song\appdata\elac under trusted location (song is my
user name and I also selected 'all sub-folders check), still no help.

All my other applications in that folder\sub-folder works fine.  I think is
not trust location issue.

Thanks.

> In Access 2007,you may find that no code runs unless you add your database
> folder to the list of trusted locations.
>
> They can do this under:
>    Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings

> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I use Access 2003 and it works fine. Someone using Access 2007, to run my
>>application, acCmdZoomBox does not popup.
>> No error message. Any idea? I'm not read to move to Access 2007 for my
>> application yet as majority of users are Access 2003.
>>

>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>>> The simplest solution would be to use the built-in zoom box to enter the
>>> data for the field.
>>>
>>> Make sure there is a text box for your memo field on the form (even if
>>> it is only 0.01" wide.)
>>>
>>> In the Click event procedure of your command button:
>>>    Me.MyMemo.SetFocus
>>>    RunCommand acCmdZoomBox
>>>
>>> Substitute the name of the text box in place of MyMemo.
>>>
>>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Song
11/19/2007 7:44:31 AM
Song Su, I have just tested this in Access 2007.
It works fine.
Tested on both a tabbed form, and a popup modal form.

There must be something in your setup blocking this.

>I have 2 computers. I do all the programming on my Access 2003 Windows XP.
>Then, I copied mdb/mde files to my Access 2007 Windows Vista computer.
>Everything runs fine in Access 2007 except this "RunCommand acCmdZoomBox".
>It flashes so quick and just would not zoom open.
>
> I, then, put c:\users\song\appdata\elac under trusted location (song is my
> user name and I also selected 'all sub-folders check), still no help.
>
> All my other applications in that folder\sub-folder works fine.  I think
> is not trust location issue.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> In Access 2007,you may find that no code runs unless you add your
>> database folder to the list of trusted locations.
>>
>> They can do this under:
>>    Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings
>>
>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I use Access 2003 and it works fine. Someone using Access 2007, to run my
>>>application, acCmdZoomBox does not popup.
>>> No error message. Any idea? I'm not read to move to Access 2007 for my
>>> application yet as majority of users are Access 2003.
>>>

>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message

0
Allen
11/19/2007 11:29:35 AM
Dear Allen,

Then, it must be my Vista. Is there a way to use a form for edit memo field
instead of  "RunCommand acCmdZoomBox"? I just want to know how to link the
form to that record's AutoNumber field. See my first post.

Thanks.

> Song Su, I have just tested this in Access 2007.
> It works fine.
> Tested on both a tabbed form, and a popup modal form.
>
> There must be something in your setup blocking this.

> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have 2 computers. I do all the programming on my Access 2003 Windows XP.
>>Then, I copied mdb/mde files to my Access 2007 Windows Vista computer.
>>Everything runs fine in Access 2007 except this "RunCommand acCmdZoomBox".
>>It flashes so quick and just would not zoom open.
>>
>> I, then, put c:\users\song\appdata\elac under trusted location (song is
>> my user name and I also selected 'all sub-folders check), still no help.
>>
>> All my other applications in that folder\sub-folder works fine.  I think
>> is not trust location issue.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>>> In Access 2007,you may find that no code runs unless you add your
>>> database folder to the list of trusted locations.
>>>
>>> They can do this under:
>>>    Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings
>>>
>>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Song
11/19/2007 1:50:04 PM
Yes: you can use a form with an unbound text box.

OpenForm with the window mode acDialog, and pass the name of the control and
the value in OpenArgs.

Parse that in the form's Load event, and assign the value to the unbound
text box.

Add 2 command buttons for Ok and Cancel. In the Click event of the Ok
button, assign the value of the text box to the original control.

Of couse, it would be easier to get the zoom box working.

> Dear Allen,
>
> Then, it must be my Vista. Is there a way to use a form for edit memo
> field instead of  "RunCommand acCmdZoomBox"? I just want to know how to
> link the form to that record's AutoNumber field. See my first post.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message
>> Song Su, I have just tested this in Access 2007.
>> It works fine.
>> Tested on both a tabbed form, and a popup modal form.
>>
>> There must be something in your setup blocking this.
>>
>> "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have 2 computers. I do all the programming on my Access 2003 Windows
>>>XP. Then, I copied mdb/mde files to my Access 2007 Windows Vista
>>>computer. Everything runs fine in Access 2007 except this "RunCommand
>>>acCmdZoomBox". It flashes so quick and just would not zoom open.
>>>
>>> I, then, put c:\users\song\appdata\elac under trusted location (song is
>>> my user name and I also selected 'all sub-folders check), still no help.
>>>
>>> All my other applications in that folder\sub-folder works fine.  I think
>>> is not trust location issue.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message

0
Allen
11/19/2007 1:57:51 PM
I agree with Allen; that's a lot of work to avoid getting the zoombox code
working!
You wouldn't even have to add a button, actually, just use the Double Click
event of your textbox:

Private Sub YourTextBox_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
  RunCommand acCmdZoomBox
End Sub

BTW, I'm fairly certain that the problem is not with Vista (although God
knows Vista has enough problems associated with it) but rather with Access
2007, which is no slouch when it comes to having problems!

Linq

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
11/19/2007 4:34:50 PM
I use my work computer Access 2007 with XP and RunCommand acCmdZoomBox DOES
work! It must be my home Vista problem. I'll find another Vista machine to
try it and let you know.

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
>I agree with Allen; that's a lot of work to avoid getting the zoombox code
> working!
> You wouldn't even have to add a button, actually, just use the Double
> Click
> event of your textbox:
>
> Private Sub YourTextBox_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
>  RunCommand acCmdZoomBox
> End Sub
>
> BTW, I'm fairly certain that the problem is not with Vista (although God
> knows Vista has enough problems associated with it) but rather with Access
> 2007, which is no slouch when it comes to having problems!
>
> Linq
>
> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Song

Do not Email Button
Folks, can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do not email, using the radio button on their record, does not get emailed? thanks Pat No this does not work consistently throughout the system. I believe it has been logged as a bug but no resolution has been provided as far as I am aware. "Phifunk" <Phifunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD32EE5B-4BCD-419F-BA5E-FBE7A31843E1@microsoft.com... > Folks, > > can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do > not email, using the radio button...

URL in field of CSV file
My web app generates a CSV file for import into Excel. One column is a URL that links back to the app to retrieve the original record. Right now Excel reads this URL as plain text and the user needs to right-click and convert to a hyperlink. Can I get Excel to recognize the URL automatically, e.g. by formatting it in a special way? I have complete control over the content of the CSV file but want to make it as simple as possible for the Excel users. ...

Option Buttons/Radio Buttons
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have 2 option buttons in each row (total of 20 rows) I would like the only one of the 2 buttons in each row are on or off. The problem I am having is that it dosent matter which button on which row I select, only that button is active. All the other buttons go blank. I have tried changing the source for each pair of buttons but when I do all the other button sources change as well. How do i set up the buttons so that I can select one of the 2 in every row.? Example 20 buttons in total - 10 buttons active and 10 buttons inactive Thanks John You have to grou...

Modifier/VBA or Extender to track additional Employee Detail
I want to add check boxes (about 10-15) to an employee maintenance screen to track an employees access to certain applications within the organization. For insantce - I'd have a check box for Cognos access. If an employee has access to this application then the check box would be checked for this employee. Easy enough. I'm looking for recommendations. Would this be easier to do with Extender or Modifer with VBA? Has anybody else done anything similar? If so, which would you recommend? Thanks in advance! What's easiest depends upon you and the resources you hav...

web service fails when text field on invoice are having apostrophe
We have a procedure 'Invoice Close' (xfer to GP) .This procedure fails for invoices that include an apostrophe in the Sales Order Description. Need help how to handle this. In your code, you'll need to wrap the apostrophe. This error is caused by web services or sql stored procedures that can not handle the apostrophe character and treat it as a text qualifier. For more information, consult MSDN. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "jagdish mundada" wrote: > We have a procedu...

Confusion with forms and related subforms
Hello, I'm trying to figure out the concept of embedding subforms into main forms. I have main tables, 4 junction tables, and a few look-up tables (not all look-ups are listed below). If I'm reading it correctly, the junction tables which relate to the main tables should be in the form of a subform placed within the main form they relate to? I'm lost on the fact that I believe I have a subform which appears should be on another subform which should then be on a form. If this is correct, the form looks extremely busy and not user friendly, and just plain incorre...

Moving a Button in a Dialog
I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN) pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ) Rect.left += 1 Rect.right += 1 pBtnOK->MoveWindow( &Rect, TRUE) Thanks in advance. Rahvin wrote: > I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command: > > CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN); > pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ); > Rect.left +...

Subforms- Pages- Linking
Hi, I will try and explain this as clearly as possible... I have a main form with five tabs, one of the tabs has a subform, on the subform I have a column called "Status". This subform contains details from the Project Table, with the unique Project_ID. I also have a separate table Project Status which relates to the Project Table by the Project_ID. What I would like to have happen is that when you click on "Status" another form pops up with data from the Project Status table using the Project_ID from the subform that you just clicked on. The problem I have is t...

Settings Button , Customize Button and Service Calendar
Here are the links you can put inside the outlook client to access this menu's inside outlook without having to use the web client to make the changes in your organization Just creat a new folder in the CRM structure ( or not ) , in the properties windows ( homepage ) Insert the following info. Settings http://crm:port/tools/home_tools.aspx?pid=0 System Customization http://crm:port/tools/systemcustomization/systemcustomization.aspx?pid=0 Service Calendar http://crm:port/sm/home_apptbook.aspx You have to creat a folder for each link . Im using this , i dont know if microsoft recommen...

Vlookup from a formula field
Hello, I would like to ask for help. Am I able to vlookup from a field? Here is what I'm doing: - on sheet two I have a lookup field (Column 1 is the percentage, column 2 is the amount paid if that percentage is reached) - in Sheet 1 I have a quota listed in A1; the actual amount reached in A2, and the percent to quota in A3 (A2/A1) In A4 I would like to have the lookup return the paid out amount based on the percentage shown in A3, however I am receiving a #N/A. The only thing I can think of is that I cannot use a vlookup for this type of calculation. Any sug...

Complicated SubForm
Hello, I have a main form with several combo boxes that are populated from Oracle linked lookup tables. I need to use a complex query with dynamically built WHERE clause to return results the user selects. I am having a hard time getting a subform to use this query. My code explained: Main is the unbound "main" form that has the sub form "Main_Sub" embedded in it. I have VBA that builds a where clause based on user selection of combination of combo boxes and list boxes. my SQL statment - SELECT * FROM Table WHERE & strWHERE (dynamic where) Main.Main_Sub.Form.R...

Editing a forwarded message
We had a situation where an employee edited an email from a supervisor then forwarded that message to another recipient making it appear as though the supervisor had sent the edited message. (I hope that makes sense.) Anyway - is there a way to make the original message sent be uneditable by those who receive it? Thankl. You might check into Rights Management Server. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87F4B33A-AFAC-4D9C-9038-...

Missing Send Button #3
My kids messed up something in Outlook. I have XP Hmoe and office 2000. My outlook works fine (under my user) but my wife's is now missing the send button in the toolbar. Thus seh cannot send emails. I cannot check the response toolbar under customize. Do I need to uninstall then reinstall or is there a way to fix it without having to do that? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Is her mail account installed and working? Does reinstalling the account clear up the situation? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

My excel program will not let me edit in the formula bar.
Excel will not allow me to edit data entered in a cell. Help!!! Unprotect your worksheet. -- rsenn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29050 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492929 I tried to do that but there is no "unprotect" under "protection" as described in help. "rsenn" wrote: > > Unprotect your worksheet. > > > -- > rsenn > ----------------------------------------------...

Radio Button
I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it selects the one I click on and clears one selected before. Is there a way to have it clear the button that was selected if I click on the same button again. As it is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is selected. Hi This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female, no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices (Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Debb...

Buttons Issue with Access 2007 on Vista
Hi there! I have a client who has a simple access DB. If he runs it onXP/Access 2007 no issue, but if he runs it on vista/access2007, he can't click any of the buttons on any of theforms! Could someone shed some light please?...

Edit data for Excel charts is disabled
Hi everyone, I think I asked this question before but I can't find it now. I use VBA to insert some Excel charts in PP 2007, sometimes the edit data option for charts is disabled and I can't edit the data for that specific chart , any suggestion how I can me it enable again? -- Best regards, Edward ...

Pivots: Grouping two fields (year, month)
My pivot table contains two fields I need grouped: "Fiscal Year" and "Fiscal Month." Both field are numeric, not dates. The grouping would be like this: Fiscal Year (2003) and Fiscal Months (9-12) GROUPED WITH Fiscal Year (2004) and Fiscal Months (1-3) Is there a quick way to do this within the pivot? If you group the "months", the table groups all the months regardless of "year"....can't figure this one out. TIA... John, The easiest way would be to have another column in your data table indicating the desired grouping: you could use a formula t...

Outlook Custom Button
Hi All, Is there a way to add a custom button to Outlook 2003 SP-2 standard tool bar and have it replicate to all the users in the domain? Thanks CG You'd need to add it using a script or vba and push it out via a logon script. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cen...

What is the different between the Canidian Edition and US?? Why Canada only have Standard???
Hi, everyone; I live in Canada....... I wanting to get the Microsoft Money Deluxe or maybe Premium Edition... Because I do a little Stock Trading myself.. and wanted to use to Stock Trade Tracker... However, in Canada they only have the "Standard Canadian Edition".. Can't find any Deluxe or Premium up here.... The only way is I have to buy it through Ebay from someone down in the United States... What is the different between the Candian Standard Edition and the U.S. one anyway? ...

Superscript Button and Subscript Button
I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? "=?Utf-8?B?U2xvdGg=?=" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3D6FC2A9-56DD-49DD-B2A3-0DC028A12184@microsoft.com: > I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the > superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the > superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? > Record a macro for each and tie them to buttons. ...

Problem with VBA code on command button
I have a form that has a combo box to select a month. The name of the combo box is txtmontha (I realise it would have been better to name it cmb???) The is a command button that when clicked should open a form where the date selected from the combo box is the same value as the date on the form. Here is the code behind the command button: Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click Dim strqtr As String strqtr = Me.txtmontha.Value Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "frmFDA" Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSou...

Add field to Printed PO
Hi, I would like to add the Quantity on Hand to the printed PO. I looked in customer source and did not find a new PO report that would work so I need to make the changes myself. Has any one added this to thier PO and is willing to share or could someone make a recommendation on how to change a copy of the original PO report to add the Quanitiy on Hand (and they haven't asked for it yet but I would be willing to bet that they will be asking for Qty committed next). Thanks, Laura Laura wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to add the Quantity on Hand to the printed PO. I loo...

Recording a command button name
I have an application where the user is prompted to save when they leave the the data entry form either by previewing a report of the data or by closing the form completely. There are two buttons a user can use to do this cmdPreview or cmdClose. I use a module to promt the user for svae. What I would like to do is differentiate to the module which button was clicked. Is there a way to do this? thanks You could take a look at Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "E" <...

ActiveX Option Buttons
:confused: Hello, I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return. I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to th same cell. That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' o 'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell? Please help -- veci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vecia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=211 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...