Bound Column in Combo Box

	Is it possible to have more than one bound column in a combo
box? I need to search 2 txt fields of a query and would like to start
to enter the text with autofill to select an item in either column for
the parameter for a report.
If it is possible, how would the [FORMS] be attached to the 2 separate
fields in the query.

carl
0
carl

Combo boxes can only have one bound column.
You may need to use two combos.

Steve

"Carl" wrote:

> 	Is it possible to have more than one bound column in a combo
> box? I need to search 2 txt fields of a query and would like to start
> to enter the text with autofill to select an item in either column for
> the parameter for a report.
> If it is possible, how would the [FORMS] be attached to the 2 separate
> fields in the query.
>
> carl

SteveM is correct.
There is one thing you need to be aware of.  Using combo boxes as bound
controls can be dangerous.  If you select a different item from the combo
that the current value, it will change the value and therefore change the
bound field.  It is usually best to use combos only as unbound search
controls.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

Klatuu wrote:
> SteveM is correct.
> There is one thing you need to be aware of.  Using combo boxes as
> bound controls can be dangerous.  If you select a different item from
> the combo that the current value, it will change the value and
> therefore change the bound field.  It is usually best to use combos
> only as unbound search controls.

Huh?  What if changing the bound value in the table is the desired result?

While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
for the vast majority of the time.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
10/30/2007 9:57:23 PM
Let me qualify that by saying for Primary or Unique key values.
If you use a bound combo to search for a record using a primary key, you
change the value of the primary key for the current record.  I doubt
seriously any wants to do that on purpose.

> While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
> for the vast majority of the time.

Depends on who is doing the development.  I use combo's sparingly.  Hard
coded value lists often require modification and redeployment.
table or query row sources can degrade performance.
It is all a matter of style.
--

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> Klatuu wrote:
> > SteveM is correct.
> > There is one thing you need to be aware of.  Using combo boxes as
> > bound controls can be dangerous.  If you select a different item from
> > the combo that the current value, it will change the value and
> > therefore change the bound field.  It is usually best to use combos
> > only as unbound search controls.
>
> Huh?  What if changing the bound value in the table is the desired result?
>
> While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
> for the vast majority of the time.
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

	What then is the best solution? I have a query that among
other fields pulls 2 text fields that are mnemonics for a single item.
Call them mnemonic1 and mnemonic2. It is a select query for a report
that has a macro attached to initiate a popup form with the combo box.
The current row source for the combo box is mnemonic1 from table PDM
and [Forms]![frm_Select Drug by mnemonic][combobox] is the criteria
for mnemonic1 in the query.This all works well but I can't search
mnemonic2 this way. A drug like Lanoxin 0.125mg tab may have a
mnemonic1= L125T or mnemonic2=LANO1T, both of which would callup the
drug.

	I have been trying to be able to search as a query parameter
both mnemonic1 and mnemonic2 easily with one entry. I am unable to do
an append query because the table is generated from a server that will
not allow it and for some reason I have been unsuccessful at making a
union query.

Select PDM.mnemonic1 from PDM
Union All Select PDM.mnemonic2 from PDM

	Even if it did work I am unsure about how to bring together
the union query, select query and combo box.
	Is there no way to create an appended field  (mnemonic1
appended with mnemonic2) within the query via some language to make
that work?

	Thank you and sorry if my terminology is incorrect as I am
very new to this.

Carl

OnLet me qualify that by saying for Primary or Unique key values.

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> Klatuu wrote:
> > SteveM is correct.
> > There is one thing you need to be aware of.  Using combo boxes as
> > bound controls can be dangerous.  If you select a different item from
> > the combo that the current value, it will change the value and
> > therefore change the bound field.  It is usually best to use combos
> > only as unbound search controls.
>
> Huh?  What if changing the bound value in the table is the desired result?
>
> While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
> for the vast majority of the time.
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
carl
10/31/2007 12:28:03 AM
Klatuu wrote:
> Let me qualify that by saying for Primary or Unique key values.
> If you use a bound combo to search for a record using a primary key,
> you change the value of the primary key for the current record.  I
> doubt seriously any wants to do that on purpose.

But one would never use a bound ComboBox to search for a record.  It is either
bound OR used for searching.  To say that it is dangerous to use a bound
ComboBox to perform searches makes no sense because you would never do that.

However, to state as you did "Using combo boxes as bound controls can be
dangerous" is just plain wrong.  A bound ComboBox does exactly the same thing as
any other bound control.  You change its value and that new value is written to
the table which is exactly what one would expect a bound control to do.

Now if one attaches "search code" to a bound ComboBox it will not behave as
desired, but that is just a mistake and any coding mistake like that is
dangerous.  One could attach the same search code to a bound TextBox and the
same bad things would happen.  It is nothing that is unique about a ComboBox.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
Rick
10/31/2007 12:38:21 AM
If I understand correctly, you want to find a drug using either mnemonic1 or
mnemonic2.  How does that relate the the drug's record?  Are the mnemonics
fields in the same record with the drug?
--

"Carl" wrote:

> 	What then is the best solution? I have a query that among
> other fields pulls 2 text fields that are mnemonics for a single item.
> Call them mnemonic1 and mnemonic2. It is a select query for a report
> that has a macro attached to initiate a popup form with the combo box.
> The current row source for the combo box is mnemonic1 from table PDM
> and [Forms]![frm_Select Drug by mnemonic][combobox] is the criteria
> for mnemonic1 in the query.This all works well but I can't search
> mnemonic2 this way. A drug like Lanoxin 0.125mg tab may have a
> mnemonic1= L125T or mnemonic2=LANO1T, both of which would callup the
> drug.
>
> 	I have been trying to be able to search as a query parameter
> both mnemonic1 and mnemonic2 easily with one entry. I am unable to do
> an append query because the table is generated from a server that will
> not allow it and for some reason I have been unsuccessful at making a
> union query.
>
> Select PDM.mnemonic1 from PDM
> Union All Select PDM.mnemonic2 from PDM
>
> 	Even if it did work I am unsure about how to bring together
> the union query, select query and combo box.
> 	Is there no way to create an appended field  (mnemonic1
> appended with mnemonic2) within the query via some language to make
> that work?
>
> 	Thank you and sorry if my terminology is incorrect as I am
> very new to this.
>
> Carl
>

> OnLet me qualify that by saying for Primary or Unique key values.
> If you use a bound combo to search for a record using a primary key,
> you
> change the value of the primary key for the current record.  I doubt
> seriously any wants to do that on purpose.
>
> > While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
> > for the vast majority of the time.
>
> Depends on who is doing the development.  I use combo's sparingly.
> Hard
> coded value lists often require modification and redeployment.
> table or query row sources can degrade performance.
> It is all a matter of style.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Rick Brandt" wrote:
>
> > Klatuu wrote:
> > > SteveM is correct.
> > > There is one thing you need to be aware of.  Using combo boxes as
> > > bound controls can be dangerous.  If you select a different item from
> > > the combo that the current value, it will change the value and
> > > therefore change the bound field.  It is usually best to use combos
> > > only as unbound search controls.
> >
> > Huh?  What if changing the bound value in the table is the desired result?
> >
> > While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
> > for the vast majority of the time.
> >
> > --
> > Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> > Email (as appropriate) to...
> > RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

Rick,
I think you are over reacting the the word dangerous.  Perhaps I could have
used a better word.  I have no issue with using combos to load specific
values into a bound field.  As I said before, I try to minimize using them
because over use of combos, particularly those with row sources that will
pull large volumes of data, for performance reasons.  You cannot deny a form
with a lot of combos loads more slowly.  But, for navigating to a specific
record, it has to be unbound.

You know you have seen posts here where people are getting key violationg
errors because they are using a bound combo to search for a record.  That is
the danger.
--

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> Klatuu wrote:
> > Let me qualify that by saying for Primary or Unique key values.
> > If you use a bound combo to search for a record using a primary key,
> > you change the value of the primary key for the current record.  I
> > doubt seriously any wants to do that on purpose.
>
> But one would never use a bound ComboBox to search for a record.  It is either
> bound OR used for searching.  To say that it is dangerous to use a bound
> ComboBox to perform searches makes no sense because you would never do that.
>
> However, to state as you did "Using combo boxes as bound controls can be
> dangerous" is just plain wrong.  A bound ComboBox does exactly the same thing as
> any other bound control.  You change its value and that new value is written to
> the table which is exactly what one would expect a bound control to do.
>
> Now if one attaches "search code" to a bound ComboBox it will not behave as
> desired, but that is just a mistake and any coding mistake like that is
> dangerous.  One could attach the same search code to a bound TextBox and the
> same bad things would happen.  It is nothing that is unique about a ComboBox.
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

Yes that is correct. Both are in the same record. The PDM table is linked to
a current history table, but I didn't think that would matter to solve the
search problem. Searching by the mnemonic brings up all the people on that
drug and when it was started...

Carl

Klatuu wrote:
>If I understand correctly, you want to find a drug using either mnemonic1 or
>mnemonic2.  How does that relate the the drug's record?  Are the mnemonics
>fields in the same record with the drug?
>> 	What then is the best solution? I have a query that among
>> other fields pulls 2 text fields that are mnemonics for a single item.
>[quoted text clipped - 53 lines]
>> > While ComboBoxes *can* be used for searching that is not what they are used
>> > for the vast majority of the time.

0
Carlgardner
10/31/2007 2:41:20 PM
It shoud be fairly straight forward. You could use an unbound combo with a
union query that will include a list of each unique mnemonic:

SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic1 FROM DrugTable;
UNION SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic2 FROM DrugTable;

--

"Carlgardner" wrote:

> Yes that is correct. Both are in the same record. The PDM table is linked to
> a current history table, but I didn't think that would matter to solve the
> search problem. Searching by the mnemonic brings up all the people on that
> drug and when it was started...
>
> Carl
>
> Klatuu wrote:
> >If I understand correctly, you want to find a drug using either mnemonic1 or
> >mnemonic2.  How does that relate the the drug's record?  Are the mnemonics
> >fields in the same record with the drug?
> >> 	What then is the best solution? I have a query that among
> >> other fields pulls 2 text fields that are mnemonics for a single item.
> >[quoted text clipped - 53 lines]

I will try the union query again, but previously it kept coming back with a
syntax error but I don't think I used DISTINCT and I used ALL. Just to
reclarify, you cannot created an appended field within a query itself...only
in a table?

Klatuu wrote:
>It shoud be fairly straight forward. You could use an unbound combo with a
>union query that will include a list of each unique mnemonic:
>
>SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic1 FROM DrugTable;
>UNION SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic2 FROM DrugTable;
>
>> Yes that is correct. Both are in the same record. The PDM table is linked to
>> a current history table, but I didn't think that would matter to solve the
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

0
Carlgardner
10/31/2007 3:53:35 PM
what do you mean by "appended field"?
--

"Carlgardner" wrote:

> I will try the union query again, but previously it kept coming back with a
> syntax error but I don't think I used DISTINCT and I used ALL. Just to
> reclarify, you cannot created an appended field within a query itself...only
> in a table?
>
> Klatuu wrote:
> >It shoud be fairly straight forward. You could use an unbound combo with a
> >union query that will include a list of each unique mnemonic:
> >
> >SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic1 FROM DrugTable;
> >UNION SELECT DISTINCT mnemonic2 FROM DrugTable;
> >
> >> Yes that is correct. Both are in the same record. The PDM table is linked to
> >> a current history table, but I didn't think that would matter to solve the
> >[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

I suppose a new field of the union of the 2 mnemonic fields within the
original query so I could attach the form with the combo box in it. I was
worried that if I do get the UNION query to work, can I then attach the form
to mnemonic1 as before and still have it popup when the report starts?

Klatuu wrote:
>what do you mean by "appended field"?
>> I will try the union query again, but previously it kept coming back with a
>> syntax error but I don't think I used DISTINCT and I used ALL. Just to
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

0
Carlgardner
10/31/2007 4:42:37 PM
Sorry, Carl, I am not understanding what you are asking.
--

"Carlgardner" wrote:

> I suppose a new field of the union of the 2 mnemonic fields within the
> original query so I could attach the form with the combo box in it. I was
> worried that if I do get the UNION query to work, can I then attach the form
> to mnemonic1 as before and still have it popup when the report starts?
>
> Klatuu wrote:
> >what do you mean by "appended field"?
> >> I will try the union query again, but previously it kept coming back with a
> >> syntax error but I don't think I used DISTINCT and I used ALL. Just to
> >[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

Thank you for your time...I will work on the union query

carl
Klatuu wrote:
>Sorry, Carl, I am not understanding what you are asking.
>> I suppose a new field of the union of the 2 mnemonic fields within the
>> original query so I could attach the form with the combo box in it. I was
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

0
Carlgardner

Lock The Lower Bound Prize
Can Anyone please tell me how i can lock the lower bound prize, rather than the message to select. (YS or NO). We have created a series of Utilities amongst which one of the options is to control the Lower and Upper Bound sales. This is a paid add-on [ Store and HQ Utility] that embeds a large number of options. Contact me for more details. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealmn.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "imma" <imma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FD27C52-1EC4-452C-8B99-9B6A8C3741D5@microsoft.com... > Can Anyone please tel...

Cannot delete a column
I've just upgraded to Office 2007. I'm trying to delete a column. I get that "cannot complete task with available resources" error. I then tried to delete a single cell, and chose "shift cells left". Same error. All I have open is a browser to type this note, and Excel. Does anyone know what's happening here? ...

Reversing a column
I need to take a column of calculated numbers and then reverse it . I need to apply a compound interest factor. Using a 6% annual increase the value at the end of the first year is 1.06. The next year it is 1.1236 = 1.06^2 and so on. In this example I end up in Year 40 with a factor of 10.28571794. Then I need to reverse or flip this over so that the 10.28571794 is in the first year and it ends with the 1.06 on year 40. I'm stumped and would appreciate a helping hand. PY Age Compound int ToRetirement Compound int 1 26 1.06 40 10.28571794 2 27 1.1236 39 9.703507488 Hi...

Reseting the last row/column
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet of data, lets say 35,000 rows long. So when I do a [Ctrl] + [End], it goes to the cell at row 35,000 (and the last column of the data). Now lets say that I run a macro that deletes 5,000 rows. So now the last row is 30,000. But if I do a [Ctrl] + [End] again, it still goes to row 35,000. Is there any way to reset the spread sheet so it knows that the last row/column of data has changed since row/column deletions? Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly Here is an article from Msft on the topic: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2444...

To have a 'fixed cell' be equal to the last data entered cell in a column
Good Evening All, I have a worksheet, example below. I have frozen the panes to always show rows 1-3. I wish the cell A3 to be the same as the last 'non-blank' cell in Column A.(See explanation below). A B 1 2 Header Header 3__________________ 4 M1004 5 M1005 6 M1002 7 M1003 8 M1006 9 M1001 10 So in this case, at present, A3 would be M1001,(A9), but when I enter a new value in A10, (eg M1008), I would like A3 to automatically update to A10 ie M1008. I think that maybe INDIRECT or OFFSET maybe involved but am fairly unfamiliar with ...

One column of a list box does not display for all users.
I have a list box on a form that displays two columns of information from two columns of a table. The main column contains material numbers and this is the information that actually populates the box when selected. The other column is a description that goes with the material number. On on everyone elses computer the main column (material number) apears to be empty and only the descriptions are displayed. On my computer the list box works fine with everything displayed as it should be. It seems that it must be a setting, but I cannot find one. Does anyone have any idea of what co...

Fill with Gray if Column b is bold
My spreadsheet contains data from column A1 to K?. There may be 10 rows or 1000 rows. I need to look at column B and if it the font is bold then I need to fill A:K with gray. Can someone help? Thanks in advance, CB I don't think you can but it might be worth taking a step back and looking at how column B is populated. What is entered? How does it get there? What makes it format bold? If it's not manual input where does the data come from and is there anything else that can differentiate what can and can't be conditionally formatted? -- Russell Dawson ...

Text box referencing cell
Windows 2000 Office 2000 Is there any way to put a text box on a chart and have it reference information in a cell? I have a pie chart that breaks out worldwide volumes by division. I'd like to put the total of all the pieces into a text box near the chart. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer/FedEx Express Hi Rita, The simplest way is to select the chart, press = and the click the cell you wish to link to. This should add a textbox to the chart, which you can then move and format as needed. Rita Palazzi wrote: > Windows 2000 > Office 2000 &g...

Last Value in a row or column
Hi All, I need a formula or User Defined Function that will allow me to find the last input cell in a row of variable width data. This value will then be shown in a cell of my choice. Thanks Excel Dummy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi - how about this? Public Function Findlastcell(MyAddress As Range) Application.volatile Findlastcell = Cells(MyAddress.Row, 256).End(xlToLeft).Address End Function You use it by entering = Findlastcell(B5) ...

merge or combine columns
Is there a way to combine columns? I have a spreadsheet with a couple thousand rows. I want to give each row a unique identifier that has the components of a key number (a 4-digit identifier). Some of the key numbers are the same. I decided to simply add a row of sequential digits 1-2000 and merge that column with the key number: column A = 1 column B = - column C = 2567 Merged column = 1-2567 Is there a way to do that? Thanks Hello, There may be other ways, but you could use the formula =A1&B1&C1 in cell D1 to get the result you want. >-----Original Message----- &g...

Followup flag time dropdown box
Hey all, When flagging a message for followup, is there a way to either change the list of times displayed or change your default start position in the list? Ideally I'm looking to start at the 8:00 AM entry and range through the rest of the business day. Thanks, Matt ...

How to Format a Column???
How can i format a Column in order to show up negative numbers in a re color, BUT using a MACRO.. for example: Columns("G").Select So i want to Format this "G"Column with the option to show negativ numbers ex: if it is -100 will show (100) in red. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just did it using the Macro Recorder and then viewed the code: Columns("G:G").Select Selection.NumberFormat = "#,##0.00_); _ [Red](#,##0.00)" Of course if doing it in a Macro there is no need to actually select the column: Columns("...

Returning Column Header based on Row and Value
Hi All, I've run into a problem trying to return a value from the header row based on locating a row value and a subsequent value within that row to define the column header needed. For example in the confusing example below imagine that the top row " A B C D" is the column headers and the column 1 "A B C D" is the row labels i've assigned. Given values of "C" and "D" I'd like to write a formula that searches down column 1 for "C" and then looks across the row for value "D" and returns the value of the column header &qu...

bound column in combo box
My form contains a combo box that allows me to pick a particular client. In this combo box there are five columns - the first being the bound column. Once I select the correct record I click on a command button which should pull up a different form filtered to this combo box selection. However, I get an error that states "... can't find the field "|" referred to in your expression". Private Sub Command116_Click() DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMain", acNormal, , Me.Cbo108.Column(0) = [ID_No] End Sub Any thoughts on what is wrong here? On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10...

6 numbers in one column
6 numbers in one column separated by hyphen. want to put them in separate columns Try... Data|Text to Columns with hyphen as delimiter. "Edo" <Edo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:829B99D4-2858-4D90-931E-50BBED5E3A58@microsoft.com... > 6 numbers in one column separated by hyphen. want to put them in separate columns Hi Edo, Try using Text to Columns, 1) Select your data 2) Data > Text to Columns 3) Choose Delimited as your Data Type 4) Click Next 5) Check Other as your delimiter and type the hyphen into the box next to it 6) Click OK/Finish Hope ...

automatic name finding in To: box feature
I can't find out how to make my Outlook 2000 program automatically fill the names I type in the To: box. I know how to do it in Outlook XP, but can't find it in Outlook 2000. Is there a Help Book that I can download for Office 2000 or just Outlook 2000? Outlook 2000 doesn't have an AutoComplete feature -- it uses Auto Resolution instead. See the following article for a description of how this works: http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2000/up001108.htm#autocomplete -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only ...

Creating query from other queries- dates column
I'm trying to create a query from other queries, all of which have a 'date' column. However not all the queries have the same dates in e.g one query may only have entries for 01/01/2006 and then for 05/01/2006 but not for any dates inbetween these dates, although other queries may have. But the new query seems to ignore the fact that other queries have data for these dates inbetween and only display data for the dates that appear in the first query. I want ALL dates that have data entries to appear, even if some columns will have no entries (as some queries have no data f...

Difference between (subtracting) 2 columns
Hi . In Excel 2003 , I want to do the following thing : suppose we have column A with the content : 12 14 16 18 20 and column B with the content : 20 40 60 80 100 I want that column C (using a single formula) will have the content : 8 26 44 62 80 ie. column C will be column B , minus column A (corresponding to the indexes of the cells : 20-12=8 , 40-14=26, 60-16=44,80-18=62,100-20=80) . How can I do that using a single formula ? Thanks in advance , Lior . Select column C1 and down, as far as the data goes. Type =B1-A1, hold CTRL while you press ENTER -- Kind regards,...

some font characters appear as boxes
Recently some of the font characters in Publisher 2003 have been replaced by small boxes. Different characters are affected in different fonts, e.g., in Times New Roman small-case "f"s are replaced, as well as italicized "!" and symbols such as "&" and "+" In Arial, "w" is replaced as is capital "J" - and the list goes on. It doesn't matter whether the text originates in Publisher or Word, or if I "Edit the Story in Word." I've reloaded both Publisher and Word, to no avail. If I "Edit Story in Word&qu...

Renaming columns #2
I'd like to rename the A B C D at the top to the name of my columns, o at least leave the column headings at the top of my screen. Does anyone know how -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tools>Options>View, uncheck "Row and column headers". You can insert a row and a column with your own names, but they will not be recognized in formulas the same way as "A1". But you can define row and column names and use the intersection as an address in a formula. The intersection operator is a space. So if you defined the name "Material" for column ...

Catalog bound on top
I am looking for a template that allows you to use a normal sheet of paper, folded to make a book. Now I know this works for Catalogs, however I want to bind it at the fold and have it turned with the fold at the top and open it like a flip chart. Any suggestions. I can work it out, but the page printout doesn't work in the booklet format. HELP! Does your printer have this setting? It will have something like "flip pages up." You could also use the tent card option, add as many pages as needed. Publisher will automatically print it correctly. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP h...

Can I reverse a column ?
Is there a way to reverse all the plus in a column into negative and the negative into plus? I mean a fast way, not manually all and every entry by hand. In an empty cell, enter the number -1. Edit>Copy. Select your numbers. Edit>Paste Special, check Multiply. OK. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Karl" <karolus@NOSPAMcomcast.netNOSPAM> wrote in message news:A-WcnbilUr5zve6iU-KYvg@comcast.com... > Is there a way to reverse all the plus in a column into negative and the > negative into plus? > > I mean a fast way, not manually all and e...

Combo box fill Text box
I have a combo box(officename) in a a form in which I select the office name and I want that result to be shown in a text box. I did it but I get the id of the office i select in the combo box (officename) and not the name. Please help me!! It's because when you create a combo box that uses a table or query as it's row source it usually automatically adds the ID as the number associated with the comboboxs pick. So you can do multiple things to change this 1. Go in to the properties of the combobox, and go to "Bound Column" and change it from 1 to 2. Or if you go in ...

Checking data in 2 columns against a further 2 columns....
I need to check the values of two columns agains another two colums (with same data) and if they are both in the sheet return a positive result, or if wrong return a "Missing Order". Example: A B C D E SENT Received CHECK Account Order Date Account Order Date 123 01/12/2009 314 05/12/2009 231 02/12/2009 142 04/12/2009 314 03/12/2009 123 01/12/2009 142 04/12/2009 So I need to take the info from Colum A and B (account...

Cumulative Columns in Frx.
I have configured a monthly forecast based on the budgeted figures in Frx. I have 12 columns in it and 13th one is the total of all the tweleve columns. I want to add a row in this report which is cumulative of the previous columns. For example Column 1 - Column 1 Column 2 - Column 1 + Column 2 Column 3 - Column 2 + Column 3 and so on.. I couldnt figure how we can do that in Frx. Any help will be appreciated. If you mean a "column" which is cumulative of the previous "columns" then try this. If first column is A and last is N then in O configure a Calc column wit...