Blue is the new black?

I have Access 2003 and all of a sudden, when i put text boxes etc on a form,
the border is blue.

I check the properties, border color is 0 (black), i press the line/border
color button on the toolbar, choose black and my border is still blue!

What is going on why won't it turn black!!!! If i wanted blue i would select
blue!!!

I've tried several forms and several databases, still blue! (i'm sure this
didn't happen before!), the only way to get it to go black is using a 2pt
width which is totally wrong for my form.

Please help....going nuts!!!

When you change the color in a property, you have to exit that property row
for the change to become effective - use your up or down arrow to move.  Then
remember to save your form/report.

If that doesn't solve it, perhaps one of the MVPs has an idea about database
default settings or something else.

"Emma Hope" wrote:

> I have Access 2003 and all of a sudden, when i put text boxes etc on a form,
> the border is blue.
>
> I check the properties, border color is 0 (black), i press the line/border
> color button on the toolbar, choose black and my border is still blue!
>
> What is going on why won't it turn black!!!! If i wanted blue i would select
> blue!!!
>
> I've tried several forms and several databases, still blue! (i'm sure this
> didn't happen before!), the only way to get it to go black is using a 2pt
> width which is totally wrong for my form.
>
> Please help....going nuts!!!
Hi Pendragon,

Thanks for the tip but i know the basics and am much further along than that
stage.

To anyone else reading this thread, i have also tried copying a control from
an alternative database (i designed last week) into this one, in its own
database the border is black but in the second database, it is blue. I can
send screenshots if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Emma
Strange problems sometimes require strange responses...

1) Tools / Options / Forms + Reports tab
There is a check box "Use Windows Themed Controls on Forms"
I have NO idea what that means, but it might be worth tweaking.

2) Do you have access to another machine with Access on it?  What happens
there?
     a) If you import table(s) and then build form from scratch? (Don't
import form, it might bring the garbage with it)
    b) If you copy the .MDB from problem machine to other machine.

3) Are you willing to un-install Access and then do an install?  I'm
thinking that some setting got hammered.  Of course, if the uninstall doesn't
remove it then it won't help.  I realize that doing an install may also
require downloading service packs etc.  Bummer.

4) Get a monochrome display.  :-)

"Emma Hope" wrote:

> Hi Pendragon,
>
> Thanks for the tip but i know the basics and am much further along than that
> stage.
>
> To anyone else reading this thread, i have also tried copying a control from
> an alternative database (i designed last week) into this one, in its own
> database the border is black but in the second database, it is blue. I can
> send screenshots if anyone is interested.
>
> Thanks
> Emma
Hi NKTower,

Thanks very much! Option 1 did the trick, i've never noticed that before and
how it got itself ticked, i have no idea, but it did and i've unticked it and
it works great now!

Thanks for your help! Particularly liked option 4 as well, it was driving me
so mad, i thought that might be my option!!!!

Thanks
Emma

Inbox says 2 new emails, not seeing them..
I have a user in our New York office (I'm in New Jersey)... she's running Outlook 2003. This moring her Inbox showed 2 new emails, but they all showed as being read already. She has an appointment, but after that I might use TeamViewer to access her computer.. is there anything I should look for or do? Is she syncing with a smartphone or pda? Is her reading pane set to mark messages read when the selection changes? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Can't Remove Exchange 2000 Server under new 2003 Admin Group
Recently installed a new Server 2003 as DC and also an Exchange 2003 on same machine. Migrated from 2000 DC with Exchange 2000. Followed all procedures as documented. Demoted old 2000 DC and promoted new 2003 DC. All mailboxes, gobal address books, RUS, connectors, public folders, etc. were migrated successfully. I now have in my Exchange Manager two Exchange Servers, the 2000 and 2003. I need to remove the 2000. I can't delete it from the 2003 DC because there is still a system mailbox and I get an error saying there are still mailboxes. I know that I need to remove the Exch...

Security on New Email Address
I am getting some really dirty spam. I opened a new e-mail account hoping to use the old as a default for when anyone is on the internet so that I can keep the new one clean. When I open Outlook I don't want my email account to open automatically and if I am not there I don't want someone else to access it. However as soon as I open Outlook I am prompted to open my new account and unless I sign in my password I cannot receive mail for the old account, I get a mail error message. How can I keep my new mail private and let others access the other account automatically? Let's approac...

blue squares
What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data?? It's difficult to know exactly without looking at the worksheet, but as a first guess I would suggest that you check to see if there's any conditional formatting applied to the cell(s) that are giving you trouble - You may be entering some data that triggers a formatting rule to turn the cell blue. HTH Neil www.nwarwick.co.uk "blue" wrote: > What have I done which has resulted in a blue square instead of data?? ...

new records
Hi, I created a data entry form and used command button to save new record and go to the main form. The new record appears on the main form only after I close out the database. I would like the new record goes to the main form as soon as I click the button. Please help. Thanks Chi Huynh This is the code I use in the "on click" event and it works fine. Does it look anything like yours? With Me![records subform].Form.RecordsetClone .AddNew !RecordID = DMax("[RecordID]", "[tble_hrs]") + 1 !EmployeeID = Me![records subform].Form![EmployeeID] ...

Blue Screen
I am running XP SP3. I just got a strange blue screen, while I was composing an email. All functions and processes have been operating normally all year. The screen was not specific to one problem, but suggested that a hardware or software problem had occurred - that I should first restart the computer, and if the same screen came up, I should restart in safe mode to remove the offending piece of hardware or software. When I restarted the PC, all was working normally, and continues to do so. Any idea what may have occasioned this blue screen message? -- John John wrot...

Starting with a new pst file
Hi, I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. How should I proceed to make this? Thanks for your help, Olivier Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote: > I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again > with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. Assuming Outlook 2002/2003, since you didn't think it important to mention your Outlook version, click File>New>Outlook Data File, Browse to where you want the new PST (or accept the default), give it a name ...

Changing view of a new mail message
If you are having problems with the view when composing new messages in Outlook and font is to large try this: Open new message, go to Tab that says format text, then on the menu on the top you will see a zoom button. Click on zoom button and decrease size of zoom. ...

Email Address not Creating for New or Existing users
Ok, kind of a long story. The previous employee here did not demote an old DC correctly, I cannot remove this server as a "DC" all i can do is stop all services that make it a server and take it out of the DC OU in AD (alphabet soup !) So anyway, I took it out, an possibly a coincidence, the next day everytime i create a new exchange account on our Exchange server i get nothing in the Exchange address Tab. I have to manually add everything to that, and then it takes about a day for the Global address list to populate. I noticed that all the DC's had the old DC as one of...

Cannot Save New Contacts
I'm using Outlook 2007. For some reason, I am not able to save new contacts. I can click the New button and enter the information. But when I try to click Save and Close, the window will not close. If I save first and then try to close the window, I get a message asking me if I want to save changes. What would be preventing me from saving a new contact record? -- Charles Allen Many things. State the steps that brought you you to this point. Are we to assume that Outlook 2007 has never worked for you? If so, state how you installed and configured Outlook 2007. If it ...

Blue screen
Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's thx Amraam Not that this helps you but I've also got Excel 2007 opening with a blue blank screen, no toolbars at top, bottom status bar appears at top and the page is frozen. All other products in Suite open correctly although there does seem to be a short hesitation of a blank screen before the correct display appears??? Running Vista Home Premium JohnP "Amraam" wrote: > Wheni start exel i get a blue sheet no ribbon just nothing any body any idea's > thx > Amraam Excel 2007 t...

New Record

Pink and Blue Layout Guides
The spacing between the pink and blue layout guides seems to be fixed. Is there any way to change the offset of the blue guides from the pink guides. Jerome A. Schneble wrote: > The spacing between the pink and blue layout guides seems > to be fixed. Is there any way to change the offset of the > blue guides from the pink guides. No. -- Cassandra Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People Too!' Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of �1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot) uk. Change...

can't find new user in Global address list
hi: we use win2k3 sp2 and exchange 2k3,client use outlook 2003. When I create a new email account in AD, after 3 hours, there are some people can't find the new user in Global address list by outlook2k3. could you tell me how to update global address list in time. thanks jack Dear Jack, simply opem your Exchange System Manager, and under Recipient Folder, go to Recipient Update Service, in the right side, you will find two configuration for RUS, right click on each one and choose update now. then go to All Global Address List, and right click on the "Default Global Address Li...

New Essay: ::FormatMessage in MFC
Another question that keeps coming up, so I wrote another one-pager: how to interface to ::FormatMessage in MFC for system errors (::GetLastError reporting). http://www.flounder.com/errorstring.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm I do this same sort of thing in my programs and it's really handy. I tend to rewrite some of the messages since they are so terse and fortunately the errno helps divine some of them. We work with hardware errors a lot in our software and some of those a...

Searching address books from the "To:" box in a new email
Hi there. I am trying to get Outlook to automatically fill in the email address of contacts that match the text I am typing into the "To:" box on a new email, but it is only recognizing addresses I have already sent to. Is there any way Outlook will start searching intelligently on what I am typing from my address books (without requiring me to have already sent them an email)? I have also tried typing in the first couple of letters of a name or email address and pressed CTRL + K, but Outlook only seems to want to search the Global Address List. It seems that if Outlook can't fi...

OLD to NEW
I have an OLD excel spreadsheet template, which I need to work under excel 2003 as we are updating our software package. The issue is the old version used the QueryGetData function in Excel pria to version 2002 and 2003. I would like to know if anyone knows if there is a replacement function that can be used instead. The code is written in VBA, and excuted from a command button, it is used to connect to an external database and retrieve the data. Please email me @ uk_yourfriendREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com ...

Update Existing Purchase Orders with New Exchange Rate
Hello, I have existing Purchase Orders in Great Plains 8.0 were some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

Pivot Tables: New dimension members show up checked in dropdown
I've noticed that when distinct new members are added to dimension dat they show up as checked in a dropdown list when the pivot table i refreshed. Is there anyway to disable this so that they don't show up (pre checked? Basically, I have a model that depends on a subset of the members which I have checked in a dropdown, and the rest are unchecked - an when a distinct new member is added it automatically shows up a checked in the dropdown list, which gives me wrong answers. E.g. I have Stock Tickers as a dimension and avg. price as the measure I have 10,000 Distinct Tickers of whic...

New Taxes
We are using version 8 and I have added new tax details and schedules for Cdn. GST in both Sales and Purchasing. Under Sales and Purchases Setup Options there are Default Tax Schedules. It seems that when entering a transaction if you choose a Tax schedule that is not the default the tax will not calculate ? The only way I can seem to get the tax to work is by changing the Default which doesn't make sense. Hi Clyde, You will want to check the shipping methods that have been assigned to the customer's and vendors. For the customer's you will want to make sure to check and ...

Senders emails in blue
I have Office 2007 and when I get an email in my inbox from a certain individual it shows their name, subject and received in blue. I believe when I had 2003 I made this change, but I want to clear out all colors. How do I do that in 2007. Sorry I do not know the name of this process. It's Automatic formatting and is set in the view. right click on the row of field names and choose Customize, then reset. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email...

Certificate blues
I've bought a GlobalSign certificate described as "Organization ServerSign with SAN" for marrian.com (my internet domain). The email delivering the certificate included text for the "SSL" certificate and text for the "OrganizationSSL Root" certificate. Following instructions, I created two crt files and installed them on the server. I can see the certificate under the Personal folder but it shows as marrian.com whereas perhaps I need to get it reissued as remote.marrian.com? Also following instructions, I ran this command in the Exchange Management She...

Can't open reports created in Access 2000 in new Access 2003
My company purchased a new computer and it had Office 2003 installed on it. In opening my Access databases, I find that I am able to open the databases, view queries BUT cannot print records, queries and can't even open in regular print preview, the reports all created in the earlier version. Is this something that I can fix or somehow convert or should I have someone install Access 2000 back on my computer? THANKS! Check to make sure that you have a default printer, and that Access recognizes it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please...

import new tasks from CSV?
Is it possible to import new tasks from a CSV? I have worked out how to modify tasks in a csv and import them in to modify the exisiting tasks,.... but is it possible to import brand new tasks? Regards Ian Hi Ian, Yes, it's possible to import brand new task from a csv. But setting the regarding field will be challenge, probably you need to use the automap feature. Which means your column name in your CSV must be the same as the display name on the task form. The default import tool in CRM doesn't have great flexibility in linking up the record. Try to use the Data migration t...

Blue Screens of Death (BSOD)
I've been getting one or two BOSDs per week on my new PC. I have an HP p6210t with 6 GB RAM and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version. I have no applications running that are 64 bit. One example, I am printing 35 copies of a picture on my HP B8550 printer. Somewhere in the middle of the printing, I get a BSOD. I have also had them running Word 2007, Excel 2007 (both 32 bit). Is this just a "newness" problem with Win 7 and 64 bit processors or is my new PC the problem? Thanks. Tom From my own experience and running Win 7 64-bit for almost 1 year, I ...