blank form, can't insert new record

I have a form that is just for users to go to add new records.  But now it
opens blank and it is not possible to insert any new records.  I confirmed
the permissions for the query and form to allow insertions and edits.  I
verified the Data properties and here is what is selected.

RecordSource:  a select query with specific fields from one table (no
calculations)
Recordset Type: Dynaset
Filter on Load: no
Order by on Load: No
Data Entry:  yes
Allow Additions: Yes
Allow Deletions: Yes
Allow Edits:  yes
Allow Filters: Yes

But I am wondering if the problem is with my query.  When I run the query, I
can edit the data, but I am not able to add any new records.  As I said, it
is a simple select query, with about 20 fields, all taken directly from one
table.  There are no calculations or function run on any fields, just a
criteria filter.

Can you tell me what I am missing?  What would prevent me from adding
records to a query and/or form?

Thanks!  Myrinda

Myrinda,
    That's the key to the problem... the query itself will not allow
Additions.
    So therefore... neither will the form.
    So also... those properties you indicated aren't involved in this case.
    It's in the query...

    When you say it's a query against just one table...
    Is this a View/Totals query? (shouldn't be)
    Is it a Select query? (it should be)

    Otherwise... we need to see the SQL statement for the query.
    Cut & paste exactly what you have...
    (View/View SQL)
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Myrinda" <Myrinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form that is just for users to go to add new records.  But now it
> opens blank and it is not possible to insert any new records.  I confirmed
> the permissions for the query and form to allow insertions and edits.  I
> verified the Data properties and here is what is selected.
>
> RecordSource:  a select query with specific fields from one table (no
> calculations)
> Recordset Type: Dynaset
> Filter on Load: no
> Order by on Load: No
> Data Entry:  yes
> Allow Additions: Yes
> Allow Deletions: Yes
> Allow Edits:  yes
> Allow Filters: Yes
>
> But I am wondering if the problem is with my query.  When I run the query,
> can edit the data, but I am not able to add any new records.  As I said,
> it
> is a simple select query, with about 20 fields, all taken directly from
> one
> table.  There are no calculations or function run on any fields, just a
> criteria filter.
>
> Can you tell me what I am missing?  What would prevent me from adding
> records to a query and/or form?
>
> Thanks!  Myrinda

0
Al
4/13/2010 2:33:46 PM
If you can't add records to your query, you won't be able to add them to your
form. You probably need to change the design of your table, set the primary
key or change to an ID number or autonumber field. Then run the query again
and see if you can add records. Some queries, like union queries, are never
updateable. In some cases I have used a make-table query to make a table from
an uneditable query and that allowed edits.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

"Myrinda" wrote:

> I have a form that is just for users to go to add new records.  But now it
> opens blank and it is not possible to insert any new records.  I confirmed
> the permissions for the query and form to allow insertions and edits.  I
> verified the Data properties and here is what is selected.
>
> RecordSource:  a select query with specific fields from one table (no
> calculations)
> Recordset Type: Dynaset
> Filter on Load: no
> Order by on Load: No
> Data Entry:  yes
> Allow Additions: Yes
> Allow Deletions: Yes
> Allow Edits:  yes
> Allow Filters: Yes
>
> But I am wondering if the problem is with my query.  When I run the query, I
> can edit the data, but I am not able to add any new records.  As I said, it
> is a simple select query, with about 20 fields, all taken directly from one
> table.  There are no calculations or function run on any fields, just a
> criteria filter.
>
> Can you tell me what I am missing?  What would prevent me from adding
> records to a query and/or form?
>
> Thanks!  Myrinda
Thanks very much for your response!
Here is my SQL statement for my query.  (I inherited this db; I would not
have picked such a horrendously long name for my table.)

SELECT SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Well_Name,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Rig,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Team,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Status,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Operator,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Well_No_Sub,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.MOB_Days,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Estimated_Days_Drilling,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Landman,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Engineer,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Geologist,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Geo_Tech,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Land_Tech,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Eng_Tech,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Fiscal_Year,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Surf_Latitude,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Surf_Longitude,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.S_T_R,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Bot_Latitude,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Bot_Longitude,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Field,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Parish_or_County,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.State,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Location,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Bottom_hole_location,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Legal_Description,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Proposed_Total_Depth,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Prop_TVD,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Primary_Objective,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Secondary_Objective,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.BCP_GWI,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.ACP_BPO_NRI,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Scoping_Estimate_PreAFE_DHC,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Scoping_Estimate_PreAFE_Comp_Cost,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Earliest_Lease_Expiration,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Lease_Exp_2,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Acres_Exp1,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Acres_Exp2,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Well_Type,
SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Type_of_Location
FROM SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable
WHERE (((SoutheastTeamDrillingScheduleTable.Team)="Haynesville"));

The table feeding the query is a linked SQL database.  I do have other
forms/queries from the same table that allow insertion and editing.  I just
can't figure out why this one won't.  I've recreated the query just to be
sure I have all the correct fields (and because it used to work!) but I'm not
sure what the problem is now.  What do you think?

Myrinda

"Al Campagna" wrote:

> Myrinda,
>     That's the key to the problem... the query itself will not allow
> Additions.
>     So therefore... neither will the form.
>     So also... those properties you indicated aren't involved in this case.
>     It's in the query...
>
>     When you say it's a query against just one table...
>     Is this a View/Totals query? (shouldn't be)
>     Is it a Select query? (it should be)
>
>     Otherwise... we need to see the SQL statement for the query.
>     Cut & paste exactly what you have...
>     (View/View SQL)
> --
>     hth
>     Al Campagna
>     Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009
>     http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
>     "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>

> "Myrinda" <Myrinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a form that is just for users to go to add new records.  But now it
> > opens blank and it is not possible to insert any new records.  I confirmed
> > the permissions for the query and form to allow insertions and edits.  I
> > verified the Data properties and here is what is selected.
> >
> > RecordSource:  a select query with specific fields from one table (no
> > calculations)
> > Recordset Type: Dynaset
> > Filter on Load: no
> > Order by on Load: No
> > Data Entry:  yes
> > Allow Additions: Yes
> > Allow Deletions: Yes
> > Allow Edits:  yes
> > Allow Filters: Yes
> >
> > But I am wondering if the problem is with my query.  When I run the query,
> > can edit the data, but I am not able to add any new records.  As I said,
> > it
> > is a simple select query, with about 20 fields, all taken directly from
> > one
> > table.  There are no calculations or function run on any fields, just a
> > criteria filter.
> >
> > Can you tell me what I am missing?  What would prevent me from adding
> > records to a query and/or form?
> >
> > Thanks!  Myrinda
>

> .

Turn it into a make table query, make the table, change your form
recordsource to the table and see if it is editable.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

"Myrinda" wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > RecordSource:  a select query with specific fields from one table (no
> > > calculations)
> > > Recordset Type: Dynaset
> > > Filter on Load: no
> > > Order by on Load: No
> > > Data Entry:  yes
> > > Allow Additions: Yes
> > > Allow Deletions: Yes
> > > Allow Edits:  yes
> > > Allow Filters: Yes
> > >
> > > But I am wondering if the problem is with my query.  When I run the query,
> > > can edit the data, but I am not able to add any new records.  As I said,
> > > it
> > > is a simple select query, with about 20 fields, all taken directly from
> > > one
> > > table.  There are no calculations or function run on any fields, just a
> > > criteria filter.
> > >
> > > Can you tell me what I am missing?  What would prevent me from adding

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:27:02 -0700, Myrinda
<Myrinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The table feeding the query is a linked SQL database.  I do have other
>forms/queries from the same table that allow insertion and editing.  I just
>can't figure out why this one won't.

I've seen this problem in two circumstances:

1. The SQL/Server table does not have a Primary Key, or Access doesn't know
what the Primary Key is.
2. There's a trigger or constraint on the SQL table which prevents data being
added.

Can you add records if you open the table in table datasheet view? Can you use
SQL Server Management Console to open the table and edit it there?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

I verified that I can add rows directly to the table.  I suspect the problem
is with a trigger in the SQL database - I know there were some recent
additions of that sort.  I will see if we can use a subquery to replace the
SQL trigger.  We'll see if that works.  Thanks very much!

Myrinda

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:27:02 -0700, Myrinda
> <Myrinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >The table feeding the query is a linked SQL database.  I do have other
> >forms/queries from the same table that allow insertion and editing.  I just
> >can't figure out why this one won't.
>
> I've seen this problem in two circumstances:
>
> 1. The SQL/Server table does not have a Primary Key, or Access doesn't know
> what the Primary Key is.
> 2. There's a trigger or constraint on the SQL table which prevents data being
> added.
>
> Can you add records if you open the table in table datasheet view? Can you use
> SQL Server Management Console to open the table and edit it there?
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:41:02 -0700, Myrinda
<Myrinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your suggestions!
>
>I verified that I can add rows directly to the table.  I suspect the problem
>is with a trigger in the SQL database - I know there were some recent
>additions of that sort.  I will see if we can use a subquery to replace the
>SQL trigger.  We'll see if that works.  Thanks very much!

Hrm. Any Insert trigger should affect data entry whether it's from the table
or from Access. Can you in fact add data in the Access linked table? What is
the Primary Key of the table? Is it marked as the Primary Key when you view
the table design in Access?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Thank you very much for your continued help.

Myrinda

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:41:02 -0700, Myrinda
> <Myrinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for your suggestions!
> >
> >I verified that I can add rows directly to the table.  I suspect the problem
> >is with a trigger in the SQL database - I know there were some recent
> >additions of that sort.  I will see if we can use a subquery to replace the
> >SQL trigger.  We'll see if that works.  Thanks very much!
>
> Hrm. Any Insert trigger should affect data entry whether it's from the table
> or from Access. Can you in fact add data in the Access linked table? What is
> the Primary Key of the table? Is it marked as the Primary Key when you view
> the table design in Access?
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:27:02 -0700, Myrinda
<Myrinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The table feeding the query is a linked SQL database.  I do have other
>forms/queries from the same table that allow insertion and editing.  I just
>can't figure out why this one won't.  I've recreated the query just to be
>sure I have all the correct fields (and because it used to work!) but I'm not
>sure what the problem is now.  What do you think?

If this query isn't updateable, there's something corrupt. I'd suggest copying
and pasting the SQL out to Notepad; delete the query; compact and repair the
database to clean out any residuum; create a new query, go to SQL view without
adding any tables, and copy the SQL back in.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

    Myrinda wrote:
>I confirmed the permissions for the query and form to allow insertions
>and edits.

    In an FrontEnd/BackEnd database, one user could not update a table.
    No add, edit, delete... but Admin could.

    It appears that when we gave that User table permission via the FE, that
did
not work.
    When we went to the BE, and worked the Tools/Security permissions
through
the BE... voila... that user could now run the form, and edit and update the
table.
     Never ran into that before...

     It's like doing realtionships in the FE.  They don't have any effect.
The BE realtionships have the control.
    Again... apologies if I'm may be way off base on this...

    Al Campagna

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:27:02 -0700, Myrinda
> <Myrinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>The table feeding the query is a linked SQL database.  I do have other
>>forms/queries from the same table that allow insertion and editing.  I
>>just
>>can't figure out why this one won't.  I've recreated the query just to be
>>sure I have all the correct fields (and because it used to work!) but I'm
>>not
>>sure what the problem is now.  What do you think?
>
> If this query isn't updateable, there's something corrupt. I'd suggest
> copying
> and pasting the SQL out to Notepad; delete the query; compact and repair
> the
> database to clean out any residuum; create a new query, go to SQL view
> without
> adding any tables, and copy the SQL back in.
> --
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Al
4/15/2010 11:13:45 AM
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:29:02 -0700, Myrinda
<Myrinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes, it is possible to add and edit records in the linked table and it
>updates in the SQL database too.  There is a primary key, which shows when
>you view the table in design view.  It's an Autonumber ID field.

See Al Campagna's response to me in this thread... does this user have SQL
insert permissions on the table?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

add a record from macro
I have on working table which is all I need two forms doing input as needed one is a start form I input a date value in this box and have several command butons controled by macros all work as needed one macro runs a query to find a matching record against the table if it can not find the date it returns a blank form correctly. I close it then want to add the value to the next record in the date field My problem is I can not seem to transfer by micro or query this value can you help? thanks ...

Folder Status Does Not Update When New Mail Arrives
Some of the outlooks 2000, xp and 2003 we have in our network do not have their folders` number of unread items updated when a new mail arrives in that folder. If I click another folder, all the folders have their stauts up to date. This only happens when the Outlook is open, when it is minimized, it works properly. Has anyone go under this before ? Thanks a lot, Rafael. ...

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

query where parameter from php/html form
Greetings, I am trying to use a php/html form to supply a parameter to a sql query where clause. Is this possible? I have searched over and over again and I cannot find any references to it. Just shows how much I have to learn about searches I guess. I have discovered a reference to it on the w3c schools site that describes this process for inserting rows. I have tried to modify it to do what I want to no avail. My form: <form action="query.php" method="post"> Service Date: <input type="date" name="ChurchDate" /> <...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

populate word template from Outlook custom form
Outlook 2003 SP3 Hi, I have a script that populates a Word template with Item.Body. The following DOES work: Set objSel = objDoc.Windows(1).Selection Set objTable = objDoc.Tables(1) objDoc.Bookmarks("Body").Range.InsertBefore Item.Body The problem is that it doesn't keep the formatting. So I tried to do this and it DOES NOT work. What am I missing? Set objSel = objDoc.Windows(1).Selection Set objTable = objDoc.Tables(1) objSel.Copy Item.Body objSel.PasteAndFormat (wdPasteDefault) Thank you very much for your help, Joel If you use Word a...

Change Default from "Insert Entire Caption"
I use table/figure captions and cross-referencing a lot (currently using Word 2007, but same issue for other versions). When I insert a cross-reference, the default is always to insert the "Entire Caption" as the cross-reference. I can change this (for example, if I'm inserting a table cross-reference, I change it to "Only Label and Number"), but as soon as I switch to inserting a figure cross-reference, the default switches back to "Entire Caption" again. When I'm switching often between figures and tables, it's extra clicks every time...

Excel 2003 - VBA
I am starting to use "userforms" to collect data. It can help ensure that the data is valid and enforce placement. When I inserted code "on field change" that transfered that data to the spread sheet, there was a pause, unacceptable during data entry. I therefore deferred changing the cells in the spreadsheet until all input was done in the forms. This time the pause occured upon closure of the userforms, but at 17 secs, was a bit excessive. My exit routine had a lot of the following types statements to transfer the data: Sheets("AllAcct").Cells(2,3) = Userforms...

The form required to view this message cannot be displayed...
I have been using Outlook 2002 since January. About 2 months ago, I suddenly began receiving the following message when viewing attachments or individual responses on newsgroup digests sent to me: "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." I have searched for several hours attempting to resolve this. Various suggestions are offered for other versions of Outlook, but I can't seem to find any for Outlook 2002. Clearing the forms cache and restarting outlook doesn't work. Any suggestions? Try renaming frmcache.dat ...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

Array or controls on a form?
I have a form with an option box containing 8 options for filtering purposes. Option Value 1 represents All Option Value 2 represents Manager Option Value 3 represents Keyworker etc. The controls are named thus - optRole1 lblRole1 optRole2 lblRole2 etc Can I somehow change the names to optRole(1) lblRole(1) optRole(2) lblRole(2) etc so that I can replace code like this If mablnRoleActive(3) Then lblRole3.BackColor = malngRoleBakGnd(3) lblRole3.Caption = mastrRoleCaption(3) Else lblRole3.Visible = False optRole3.Visible = False End ...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

suggestions for web-based forms (html & js only) w/ Access back end?
Any good ideas for ways to allow easy creation of web-based forms to submit data to an Access back-end. I don't want to be locked in to infopath - too much proprietariness. E.g., A tool that use x-forms and ajax technology under the hood, presenting an easy way to create forms that hit the db, without much (if any) coding. Thanks! xz wrote: > Any good ideas for ways to allow easy creation of web-based forms to > submit data to an Access back-end. I don't want to be locked in to > infopath - too much proprietariness. > E.g., A tool that use x-forms and ajax technology u...

set identity_insert not works for insert statement on SQL2008
Dear Experts, I skip all columns name and try a statement "insert into table1 select * from table2 where ...." but always prompt cannot insert IDENTITY_INSERT is on Table1 is the same column structure as table2 (actually I created table2 from running: select * into table2 from table1) I tried both SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON , or SET IDENTITY_INSERT OFF before insert statement , but also not works. Could anyone know how to skip typing all columns name when insert from another table ? Thanks. thomas (thomas@mail.com) writes: > I skip all columns name an...

Reference controls on a dialogue form as the parameters
I am trying to create a dialogue form which asks for start date and end date and includes a button to run a report. My goal is to enter the dates only once to run the report. Currently I have the date parameters set in the two queries and have to enter the date range twice when running the report. I tried following several answers to similar questions but now when opening the form and entering the dates I am prompted to re-enter the dates 3 times! The report I am ultimately trying to run consists of a main report, rptCallVolume, and a subreport, rptContractsAndHours. Each of th...

Form Buttons
Hi All I am trying to launch a form from a another custom form using 'Button (Form Control)' however can only launch a normal form and not one that is from the custom list (this is to prevent users from having access to the Design UI. ...

When I open a new page, I get background with small boxes?
Recently, when I started opening a new page, in Word, I am getting a bcakground on the page, like a table, with 52 columns across and more down. Very much like graph or grid paper. How can I get rid of this? Depends on the Word version - for Word up to 2003, turn off the grid from the Drawing toolbar > Draw > Grid For Word 2007 - insert or select a shape, then from the drawing tools > format > arrange > align > uncheck 'view gridlines'. In any version, the following macro will toggle the gridline display on/off Sub ToggleGridlines() Options.Display...

Unbound subfroms or datasheet forms
I'm sorry to bother you guys with probably one of the most obious questions in Access. but here it goes. I already see the advantages of working with forms with unbound recordsets, like adding records, modifying, deleting and so on. What's bugging me is that I dont know how to apply this principle for forms showing multiple records. Is there a way to implement adding records via disconnected recordsets in forms in datasheet view? I'm I making any sense? Thank you guys so much in advance for any help on this -- Rolando On Dec 11, 9:44 am, Rolando <Rola...@discussions.m...

Insert Zip codes into weather code
Helo Excel users and experts, Excel 2002 SP3 The code below is supposed to return a short weather update from the area of the zip code. It does not work, and no error prompt is given. If I remove the two words "Zip" and type in 97401 in their place I will get the weather update just fine.. I have a list of zip codes in a drop down in D1 of the worksheet. As you can see I'm trying to Dim that D1 value as Zip to insert a new selected zip code for different regional updates. I've tried dimming as Long, and as String and used "Zip", Zip, &Zi...

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

Charting blanks as spaces
I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the options...this is a little different. The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell. example: =if(D3="","",D5-D3) So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap. I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell, which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data labels>values in chart options it displays "#...

Lead Form OnChange event jscript ot Working need expert advice
I created the following Jscript in the lead form onchange in zipcode, However it doesnt seem to work, Please look at it and give me some advice. What this Script is suppose to do, is when you put a ZipCode in thtas in the array, it and move to the next field, it should automatically populate the Address1_County Attribute, But it doesnt. Please HELP.. Thanks I have hit a Brick wall moving at 100 miles an hour, without a Helmet! crmForm.all.address1_postalcode.DataValue { var info = new Array(192); info[0]="NW Palm Beach"; info[1]="33478"; info[2]="33418"...

Blank, yet not blank
Hi, I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to manipulate the data. I notice that some of the cells, though appearing to be blank (and not showing 0 either), still responded to a simple formula like IF(OR(A1="",A1=0),1,0) giving the answer as 1. Can anyone tell me what's happening here, as it does mean I need to unneccessarily extend the formulas to exclude these cells. Rob "Rob" wrote: > Hi, > > I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to > manipulate the data. I notice that so...