Auto populate a form form an open form

Hi

I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to
add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is
used for recording telephone calls on.  What I have been trying to do
is auto populate this call log form with information from the main
form ie name and address?

Any thoughts

Thanks

Chris

0
Far

Chris,
   Please don't re-post the same question twice.  You have to be patient and wait for a
reply.  Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away.
   Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are
replying to the second post.  This causes duplication of effort, and confusion in  problem
determination.
   I responded to your 3/12 11:09 post.
--
hth
Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA

"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

"Far-mer" <chris@mckenty.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to
> add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is
> used for recording telephone calls on.  What I have been trying to do
> is auto populate this call log form with information from the main
> form ie name and address?
>
> Any thoughts
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

0
Al
3/12/2007 3:26:36 PM
Al

My apologise I posted it on two different sites (out of ignorance) and was
not aware that they would both appear on the Usenet group.

Sorry

Chris

Al Campagna wrote:
>Chris,
>   Please don't re-post the same question twice.  You have to be patient and wait for a
>reply.  Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away.
>   Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are
>replying to the second post.  This causes duplication of effort, and confusion in  problem
>determination.
>   I responded to your 3/12 11:09 post.
>> Hi
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>>
>> Chris

0
far

Populate a cell if values in cell 1 and cell 2 match cell 3 and 4
I need help with a formula please. I need to search through a column of data and populate a cell if it meets a condition. For example: IF FirstWorksheet!A2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnAx and FirstWorksheet!B2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnBx Then populate SecondWorksheet!Cx with value from FirstWorksheet!C2 I have to match up a column of data in one worksheet with data in 2 columns in another worksheet. Help plz. Thanks T- A multi-criteria index n match (array-entered) should work here In Sheet2, Copy n paste this into C2's formula bar, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+...

Auto Filter problem

outlook2003 forwarding (always attaches rather than open)
I have a friend that has the same Outlook 2003 that I do. But when they forward, the email client always attaches the message as an attachment so they can't clean it up prior to forwarding. I can't find the option to make theirs work like mine (which doesn't attach forwarded messages). Thanks!!!! "joe" <bry333@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:xFc4k.4086$LL4.1727@bignews7.bellsouth.net... >I have a friend that has the same Outlook 2003 that I do. > But when they forward, the email client always attaches the > message as an attachment so they can&#...

Auto-Editing

Auto-Calculate

auto copy self

Logo on Purchase Order form
I have added the picture at the top of the modified report, but it does not print. I can add it to the bottom and it prints. Are there any special rules as to where a picture can be added? How can I add the logo to the top of the PO? -- MikeS you may notice that there are two headers - a page header and a report header, and that there seems to be a duplication of data - this is because the one of those sections is hidden at run time. You should put your log on both sections. (you had the logo on the page header, which was getting suppressed for page1) HS "MikeS" <Mike...

Auto correct or Auto complete

When opening MS Outlook 2002 a window opens asking for network server?
Office XP Professional When I open MS Outlook a window opens up that is titled Microsoft LDAP Directory It asks for a server name, user name etc. This is a stand alone computer. Not on a network. Is there anyway of stopping this window from opening up each time I start Outlook? Thank You for your time Barry Barry, Your Outlook is configured to use an LDAP server for some reason. To remove the settings for an LDAP server, goto: 1) Tools 2) Email-Accounts Once in the Email-Accts window you will see four radio buttons(2 for E-mail and 2 for Directory) Click on the button next ...

OWA auto login

Cannot open files.
I am having trouble opening files after saving them. I keep getting the message "cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents. Details says "Unspecified error" followed with the location in the "document.xml" file. ...

Print several reports based on criteria in a form
I am cross posting this in both the Forms and the Reports forums. Let me apologize in advance because this is going to be somewhat scattered and somewhat hypothetical at the moment because I don't have a clue where to begin. I will do my best to make it coherent. I have a form (frmBids) with two sub forms (sbfBids & sbfBidSubs). The main form has several fields regarding the Bid Proposal --- Bid Contact, Bid Company, Due Date, Bid Contract (Prime or Sub), among others. The sbfBids subform is visible all the time. This sub form includes information on the work that is being reques...

can not open office files by double clicking
can not open office files by double clicking, i had a fix for this by using the regsvr32.exe used with some dll file, i can't remember that dll file that fixed this issue. i was hopping someone would direct me in fixing this issue. Thanks, *i followed ms instruction on this link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;304424 with no louck. Hi I just tried the run excel.exe /unregserver then excel.exe /regserver and that seemed to cure the use dde problem as well. Give it a try. HTH Ken --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus syst...

"Print 1099" prints 1099 forms for non-1099 vendors. (GP10SP3)
When we add a new vendor to GP, we mark the vendor as a 1099 vendor until we know for sure. If it turns out the vendor is not a 1099 vendor, we turn that off when we receive the proper paperwork. Now, when printing 1099 forms from Purchasing -> Routing -> Print 1099, we are finding the GP is printing 1099s for some non-1099 vendors because transactions were entered during the period of uncertainty. I've told the users that, to fix this, they need to mark each vendor as a 1099 vendor, remove the 1099 amounts from the "Vendor 1099 Details" card, mark the vendor as a ...

forms
I have some worksheets that act as forms. I want to protect them as forms and have the fields that require data, I want to make those fields required with some kind of response from the user. Much like they do in Access, and if possible give them some choices for the fields and let them have the option to enter in their own response. Is this possible? Thanks CG, Data - Validation has some good stuff you can use to get drop-down menus with choices, validate (limit to certain values) what's entered, etc. As for requiring an entry, you can use formulas that post messages when informatio...

Auto look through subfolders

Replace default CRM form with custom form
I have developed a custom form to represent a custom CRM entity. I would like to load that form when the user double-clicks a record from the lookup list in CRM. I'm pretty sure I do this either in the isv.config file or sitemap.xml file. I've setup both to load this form from either a button or from the Navbar, but neither of these will attach the proper GUID for the record the user wants to open. So can you trigger a custom form to load in place of the default one that CRM creates? Thanks for your assistance. Paul ...

Auto date

2 workbooks open
Hi - A co-worker created a spreadsheet - over the course of a few weeks, several tabs were added. Recently, when I received the spreadsheet via email, 2 identical workbooks opened. The 1st workbook was called 'Data (1)' and the 2nd was called 'Data (2)'. There wasn't a macro on either spreadsheet - I'm at a loss to why 2 identical workbooks opened. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Regards, Close the second instance of the Workbook and then Save the file. Meg wrote: > Hi - > > A co-worker created a spreadsheet - over the cou...

An auto reply to an auto reply!

Auto-Alphabetize

How do I auto-reply incoming eMails ?
During my holidays I want to inform the sender of incoming eMails that I am currently not in office. How can I setup an auto-reply note? Do I setup this in my Outlook 2003 or in the Exchange Server? Joe If you connect to an Exchange server at work, use the Out of Office function (under tools). It will reply once to each sender that you are out of the office. By default in Exchange, auto-replies to the internet are turned off so only internal addresses would receive the Out of Office reply but verify with your Exchange Admin how they have the server configured. If you have a POP3 acc...

Explorer to open Computer not My Docs
Hi, When I used to open Explorer I always got "My Computer" above "My Docs" in the list, and "My Computer" was always the expanded one. Now "My Docs" has moved above "My Computer" and that is the expanded list. A small problem I know, but irritating as I always want to get somewhere in "My Computer" first without collapsing one then expanding the other ina position I'm not used to. I believe is has something to do with "%root% type commands, but I cannot remember. Any help appreciated. Richard. "Richard&...