alignment controls on the form

I want to align controls and labels on the form in different place.
The controls and labels are hand in hand.
When I select controls and labels to move or alignment all comes together.

Are there any way to align controls only or labels only?

Your informaiton is greate appreciated,

In the upper left hand corner of any selected control or label, there is a
larger "handle" (black box for sizing or moving).  If you click and drag
that box, you will move the control or label without affecting the other
one.  If you want to completely separate them, select the label and "Cut" it
(Ctrl-X) and then Paste it back in (Ctrl-V).  It will no longer be linked to
the control.

--
--Roger Carlson
  MS Access MVP

"Souris" <Souris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to align controls and labels on the form in different place.
> The controls and labels are hand in hand.
> When I select controls and labels to move or alignment all comes together.
>
> Are there any way to align controls only or labels only?
>

> Your informaiton is greate appreciated,

0
Roger
12/13/2007 8:16:47 PM
Thanks for the message,

It works for one label.

It does not work for multi controls.

I wanted to align many controls, but not labels vise versa.

"Roger Carlson" wrote:

> In the upper left hand corner of any selected control or label, there is a
> larger "handle" (black box for sizing or moving).  If you click and drag
> that box, you will move the control or label without affecting the other
> one.  If you want to completely separate them, select the label and "Cut" it
> (Ctrl-X) and then Paste it back in (Ctrl-V).  It will no longer be linked to
> the control.
>
> --
> --Roger Carlson
>   MS Access MVP
>   Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com
>   Want answers to your Access questions in your Email?
>
> "Souris" <Souris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to align controls and labels on the form in different place.
> > The controls and labels are hand in hand.
> > When I select controls and labels to move or alignment all comes together.
> >
> > Are there any way to align controls only or labels only?
> >

> > Your informaiton is greate appreciated,

You can also select multiple labels/controls by holding the shift key while
clicking each.  Then on the Format Menu, there are Align and Size commands
that you can use to align multiple objects.

--

> Thanks for the message,
>
> It works for one label.
>
> It does not work for multi controls.
>
> I wanted to align many controls, but not labels vise versa.
>

> "Roger Carlson" wrote:
>
>> In the upper left hand corner of any selected control or label, there is
>> larger "handle" (black box for sizing or moving).  If you click and drag
>> that box, you will move the control or label without affecting the other
>> one.  If you want to completely separate them, select the label and "Cut"
>> it
>> (Ctrl-X) and then Paste it back in (Ctrl-V).  It will no longer be linked
>> the control.
>>
>> --
>> --Roger Carlson
>>   MS Access MVP
>>   Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com
>>   Want answers to your Access questions in your Email?
>>
>> "Souris" <Souris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to align controls and labels on the form in different place.
>> > The controls and labels are hand in hand.
>> > When I select controls and labels to move or alignment all comes
>> > together.
>> >
>> > Are there any way to align controls only or labels only?
>> >

>> > Your informaiton is greate appreciated,

0
Roger

Form Summarys
I want to know if i can write up my form on excel and then on anothe sheet it summarizes it so i have a log of all the forms i send out bu each time i create a new form can it create a new summary underneat the old one ?? Many Thanks:D Ben -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does this mean that you have certain cells that you want to track? If yes, then you could run a macro when you're done with the form: Option Explicit Option Base 0 Sub testme01() Dim myCellAddresses As Variant Dim FormWks As Worksheet Dim LogWks As Worksheet Dim nextRow As Long D...

Overriding controls response to WM_GETDLGCODE in a CDialog
Hi. I have a bunch of (legacy) controls in an MFC CDialog. I am running into problems because the controls aren't getting keyboard control. I realize that I can fix this by adding a WM_GETDLGCODE handler to the controls which returns DLGC_WANTALLKEYS. However, I am trying to find a way of solving this without changing the controls' code. I suspect that there is a way of hacking around this by modifying a CDialog::PreTranslateMessage() function behavior, but my attempts to do this have been unsuccessful so far. Any ideas? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance... On 18 Apr 2007 ...

How to query when control param is null?
I want to run a query with criteria based on a form control. Works fine for nonblank values in the control but when the control is null the query finds no records, even though records do exist with null values in that field. Does anybody know how I can fix this? You cannot use a parameter to find Null. By its nature, Null is not equal to Null (i.e.: Null = Null will never return True) If the parameter is Null, do you want only Null values returned, or do you want all the rows returned? If the former, your SQL should be something like WHERE MyField = Forms!MyForm!MyControl OR (MyF...

Dynamic Control Creation/Access
Hi all, Probably a couple of simple questions, but if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated. I want a modal dialog box with a variable number of edit boxes, decided at run time. My approach is to create a dialog class with a list of the controls, but I'm having the following problems: 1. How should I maintain the list? Should I use a CArray <CEdit, CEdit&>, for example? Or do I want to use an array of pointers? 2. The Create() member wants an nID for each box. How do I get an ID if I'm creating a bunch at runtime? 3....

Decimal alignment
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do I align decimals in a word document? I know it has something to do with setting tabs, but I can't seem to get it right when I tried to figure it out myself! Thanks so much. Why are you trying to "figure it out" for yourself?... That's what Help is for :-) See the topic: Set tab stops Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/7/10 6:37 PM, in article 59bb26da.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "brielle78@officeformac.com" <brielle78@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: ...

Apply filter to sub form when main form is filtered
I have a form with customer information called "customer", it has two sub forms with there transactions that is filtered by default to remove inactive transactions, i also have a customer list form, and when i double click on a customer it opens the customer form with a filter to this customer, but when the customer form opens the two sub forms are not filtered, and the filter command on the bottom of the sub form is disabled. I would also rather like that the customer form shouldn't be filtered it should just go to the specified record. i tried a few way but i can't get out ...

Converting a form to a report
I have a rather complicated form, based on one table, that is made up of a number of tabcontrols which all contain forms based on various tables. Basically I want to create a report of all the controls on my form, whether or not they contain data. Is there a quick way to convert my form to a report or will I have to create the report by creating one main report and a number of subreports, that will take hours!!! Thanks Tony On Aug 29, 3:10 am, "Tony Williams" <t...@invalid.com> wrote: > I have a rather complicated form, based on one table, that is made up of a > ...

Auto populate form fields from table
Hi, I would like to automatically populate fields in a form when the user keys in an item code. My form is based on a table (tblDocument) and contains [ItemID], [ItemShort] and [ItemLong] while my source table (tblMaster) contains the same fields. When the user enters the item ID number, I would like to copy the short and long descriptions from master table to the document table. Can anyone advise the best way to do this? I am aware that this is not in line with best normalisation practice. However, we frequently have to modify the fields in the form and then store the modified text in ...

Four-up postcards not aligned right
I'm using Publisher 2003 to print postcards four to a page. They are "off" by about 1/4 inch to the left. This isn't awful for the two postcards on the left side of the page, but the two on the right side of the page are unusable. How do I fix this problem? I used Publisher's postcard format, 4.25" by 5.5". I've tweaked the postcard size down a bit in Page Setup (to 5.35") in order to insert a .1" side margin and a .2" gap between the two postcards (it's called a "horizontal gap," based on a portrait orientation, even ...

drop-down form fields

Form BeforeUpdate Ignoring Cancel
I have a situation where I must verify that both of two related controls have been entered or neither has been entered. The following code does just what I want except that Access seems to be ignoring the Cancel value: Function CrossCheckKeys(Cancel As Integer) Dim CurrForm As Form: Set CurrForm = Screen.ActiveForm With CurrForm If (IsNull(.Controls("comSinkKey")) And Not IsNull(.Controls("comSrceKey"))) _ Or (IsNull(.Controls("comSrceKey")) And Not IsNull(.Controls("comSinkKey"))) Then If IsNull(.Controls("comS...

Campaign Response
Hi When entering campaign responses, and a user clicks on the customer lookup field the form assistant defaults to accounts. I want this to default to contacts. is this possible and how do i go about this please? Kind Regards Ridhima Hi Ridhima, I dont think form assistant can be customized to change the default entity. Do check out following; http://umarkhan.wordpress.com/2007/10/22/how-to-change-the-default-entity-in-lookup-window/ http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/formasstoptions.mspx -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our...

List Control #3
how to move one value from one LIST control to Another List control. -- farah ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ If you mean dragging and dropping follow this link. There is sample showing how to implement dragging/dropping items between list controls. http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331244 "farah" wrote: > > how to move one value from one LIST control to Another List control. > > > > -- &g...

How to show a Customized Built-In Ribbon Tab When No Form is Active
For an Access 2007 application (converted from Access 2003) I have a customized Ribbon tab that I need to show in two different places -- when viewing query results and when filtering a list of records within a table. I have developed other customized ribbons that are associated with specific forms within the application and I have no trouble with them. However the two situations where I need to show this customized Ribbon tabs don't have forms. I tried making the normal groups that appear on the Home tab invisible (visible = false) and then adding the specific items my customi...

Excel will not allow me to change alignment
I have a worksheet in which Excel does not allow me to change the alignment of a range of cells from, say, left-justified to centered. I am experienced with Excel/VBA and have not seen this before. The cells are not protected and do contain numerical data. If I add a leading apostrophe to the cell values to have them treated as strings, I can then align the cells however I like. When those cells contain numerical data, Excel will not allow me to change the alignment from left-justified, regardless of whether I use a toolbar, the Format tab, or VBA. Any ideas? -- zalcjm ---------------...

Call a subform function from the form?
Hi All, I need to update a couple of text boxes on a subform after a combobox on the main form is changed. What is the syntax for calling a function in a subform module from the module for the mainform? Thanks, Max Remove the Private keyword from the Sub declaration line in the subform's module. If the subform is name Sub1, and the procedure is named Text0_AfterUpdate, you can then call it like this: Call Form_Sub1.Text0_AfterUpdate An alternative approach would be to move the procedure into a standard module. You can pass a reference to the form like this: Funct...

Align
In a cell, Why are texts aligned to the left and numbers aligned to the right in MS Excel spreadsheet? That's the standard for Spreadsheets. Comes in handy when you THINK a cell houses a number and it's left aligned by default. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:983520B3-6FA0-4D96-B370-70057F717A55@microsoft.com... > In a cell, Why are texts aligned to the left and numbers aligned to the > right > in MS Excel spreadsheet? hi microsoft chose this as default to mimic ...

Controlling initial FormView size
I have an MFC application which on startup opens multiple FormViews in ChildFrames. An annoyance I am having is that as they open up, the Views' sizes bear very little resemblance to underlying dialog resources. They are always either too big or too small in at least one direction, and need to be resized. Not a show stopper, but an annoyance. What is a good way to control the initial size of these windows? Thanks, Henryk Birecki You could try doing this code that will resize controls and the dialog and save the settings based on user interaction: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/re...

text alignment
How can I align text to the bottom of cells in Excel 2007. The bottom text alignment button places text only in the center. Make the Cell higher and then look at Center vs. Bottom. BillCT1984 wrote: > How can I align text to the bottom of cells in Excel 2007. The bottom text > alignment button places text only in the center. ...

Merging Label Controls?
Is there any way to merge label controls together into a text box on a report? I have tried the same thing I do for fields but it doesn’t work. Here is what I tried =[Last Name_Label] &”, “&[FirstName_Label] I just end of with an error. I am not sure if this is possible. Any ideas? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200710/1 w2wm via AccessMonster.com wrote: >Is there any way to merge label controls together into a text box on a report? >I have tried the same thing I do for fields but it doesn�t work. Here ...

fullscreen flash activex control
hello- i'm trying to author a MFC application that has, as its main window, a full screen shockwave/flash activex control with no title bar, borders, etc. what i've done so far is to create a new MFC application that has a single document (using the document/view architecture) in the "new project" wizard, and add the activex control to the main dialog. displaying the window as fullscreen is not the hard part -- i did that by defining BOOL CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { if( cs.hMenu != NULL ) { ::DestroyMenu( cs.hMenu ); cs.hMenu = NULL; ...

Calander in Forms Mode
Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me...I am trying to put together a spreadsheet someone will be entering data into. I would like this to be as easy as possible. Does any one know if in forms mode (from the Data menu) I can have a calender pop up for easy date entry? Any help will do. Thanks so much. -- Jules Jules Not from the Data>Form. See Ron de Bruin's site for adding a pop-up calendar. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 15 May 2007 11:06:03 -0700, Jules <Jules@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi everyone! ...

After align right, how go back to no alignment?
Thanks in advance. I have a column that was left aligned somehow, though I don't think I did it. It's filled with numbers, and I want to put it back to right aligned, so I can do that with the 'align right' button. Then if I click on a cell in that column, the 'align right' button will have a blue border around it. How can I go from a right aligned cell back to a cell where there is no alignment (no left, middle, or right alignment)? Normally cells with numbers are to the right, but the 'align right' cell is not bordered. So if I 'align right' th...

Menu issue: Multi-layer Menu is not aligned properly in IE 8
Running CRM 4 in IE8, when we select a menu that has a submenu and then select the submenu, the submenu items lay directly over the menu rather than being shifted slightly to the right. For eample if you are looking at the account form and then click on the Dynamics round logo in the upper left, the top item is New with the arrow indicating a submenu. If we click on that menu item to expose the submenu the submenu lays right on top of the original menu rather than being off-set slightly to the right so that you can still see the top level menu items. This seems to only happen IE 8. ...

Forms in Outlook 2003
We are upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I am wanting to build some forms but I need to store the information that is collected in the form into an access database. Then my managers need to be able to run reports from this DB. I don't have any idea how to accomplish this task. Can anyone guide me where to get help or can someone here help? You'll have to write code to push the data into the database. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm for samples and other resources. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall&quo...