Adding fields from a different query

I have a form built based on a main query. How do I add more fields on that
form that come from a different query?

Anne

A couple possibilities...

Change your first query to include the extra fields.

Use your second query to "feed" a form, then embed that form as a subform on
your main form.

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Anne D." <AnneD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form built based on a main query. How do I add more fields on that
> form that come from a different query?

0
Jeff
11/17/2009 4:59:49 PM
My main table is maxed out for fields. I created the 2nd table/query so i
could enter more categories. Now I need to enter these in the main form. Both
tables are linked (table #2 linked to #1).
I used the fields icon in design view to add the new fields but they are not
there since the data is pulled from the table #1.
How do I drop fields from table/query #2?

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Anne
>
> A couple possibilities...
>
> Change your first query to include the extra fields.
>
> Use your second query to "feed" a form, then embed that form as a subform on
> your main form.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> --
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.

> guarantee as to suitability.

> possible/necessary.
>
> "Anne D." <AnneD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a form built based on a main query. How do I add more fields on that
> > form that come from a different query?
> >

> .

Sounds like you are creating a spreadsheet instead of a relational database.
A well designed database should not run out of fields.
You realize a form and queries will have the same limitations.
But to join your two tables in a query, open in design view, select the
second table, click on the field of first table that is used to link to the
second table and drag to the corresponding field of the second table.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Anne D." wrote:

> My main table is maxed out for fields. I created the 2nd table/query so i
> could enter more categories. Now I need to enter these in the main form. Both
> tables are linked (table #2 linked to #1).
> I used the fields icon in design view to add the new fields but they are not
> there since the data is pulled from the table #1.
> How do I drop fields from table/query #2?
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
> > Anne
> >
> > A couple possibilities...
> >
> > Change your first query to include the extra fields.
> >
> > Use your second query to "feed" a form, then embed that form as a subform on
> > your main form.
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Jeff Boyce
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >
> > --
> > Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> > in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> > does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> >
> > Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> > guarantee as to suitability.
> >
> > You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> > possible/necessary.
> >
> > "Anne D." <AnneD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a form built based on a main query. How do I add more fields on that
> > > form that come from a different query?
> > >

> > .

I'm with Karl ... if you've 'maxed out' your fields, you have a spreadsheet,
not a relational database table.

Consider posting back a description of the data you're attempting to store
in this table / these tables...

> My main table is maxed out for fields. I created the 2nd table/query so i
> could enter more categories. Now I need to enter these in the main form.
> Both
> tables are linked (table #2 linked to #1).
> I used the fields icon in design view to add the new fields but they are
> not
> there since the data is pulled from the table #1.
> How do I drop fields from table/query #2?
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> Anne
>>
>> A couple possibilities...
>>
>> Change your first query to include the extra fields.
>>
>> Use your second query to "feed" a form, then embed that form as a subform
>> on
>> your main form.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>
>> "Anne D." <AnneD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a form built based on a main query. How do I add more fields on
>> >that
>> > form that come from a different query?
>> >

>> .

0
Jeff
11/17/2009 10:56:41 PM
Ok so I can breakdown the data from this main table into smaller tables but
how do I link them together? My problem is when I am in the main form, I can
only pull data from the main table. I need to be able to drop fields from any
tables.
Thanks,
The reason I asked for a description of the data was because simply
"breaking down the data ... into smaller tables" doesn't necessarily reflect
what Access is designed to do.

If the terms "relational" and "normalization" are unfamiliar, plan to spend
some time working your way up this learning curve.  You can use Access on
'sheet data, but both you and Access will end up working overtime to
overcome it.  You can also use a chainsaw to hammer nails ... but it is
neither smart nor a good use of the tool...

More info, please...  We can't really offer specific suggestions about "how"
unless you provide us some specific description of "what".

> Ok so I can breakdown the data from this main table into smaller tables
> but
> how do I link them together? My problem is when I am in the main form, I
> can
> only pull data from the main table. I need to be able to drop fields from
> any
> tables.
> Thanks,

0
Jeff

field service managment with outlook
Dear, if there is any option to see any task will be made during the date in outlook from field service management module , I mean when my tech people go to finalize any call can the system send me an email inform me that my tech peoples are in this site and they are doing this job ? Peter, We are interested to discuss the solution. Please drop an email to learn more MV nj.tech@hotmail.com "Peter Atef" wrote: > Dear, > if there is any option to see any task will be made during the date > in outlook from field service management module , I mean when ...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Default PO Price Different From Cost Prices in Item Card
The standard cost, current cost and the orginating invoice cost in the item card are all the same (£2.11). When creating a PO, the correct Unit Cost appears as long as the quantities have not yet been changed. However, once a quantity has been entered, the Unit Cost changes to another figure (£12.89), which we're not sure where it's being pulled from. Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any thoughts on this matter? Thank you If you have ordered this item before from the same vendor, you will have a vendor item card. That card records the last price...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

Masterpage Query
Hello Folks, I have many small items on the masterpage and find it can get quite frustrating sometimes when working on a document to have "This item is on the masterpage, to switch ..." all the time. Please can you tell me if it is possible to disable this message whilst still being able to view the masterpage items on screen. I know this is a long shot, but thought it would be worth a try anyway. Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation. -- Big Rick Hello Big Rick... Tools, options, User Assistance tab, uncheck Show tippages. -- ...

When adding attachments...

Help in Query with two condition
hello all, I have a table like this: Planner Qty User6 CUT SUB BAM-06 1 CONC Yes No BAM-06 1 CONC No Yes BAM-06 1 TOC Yes No BAM-06 1 TOC No Yes BAM-06 1 TACT Yes No BAM-06 1 TACT No Yes JAXM-06 1 CONC Yes No JAXM-06 1 CONC No Yes JAXM-06 1 TOC Yes No JAXM-06 1 TOC No Yes JAXM-06 1 TACT Yes No JAXM-06 1 TACT No Yes Note: CUT and SUB are check box I want a result as follow: User6 A B C D E F CONC 2 2 1 1 1 1 TACT 2 2 1 1 1 1 TOC 2 2 1 1 1 1 WHERE: A SUM Qty =BAM-06 B SUM Qty =JAXM-06 C SUM Qty =BAM-06 if Cut=YES D SUM Qty =JAXM-06 if Cut=YES E SUM Qty =BAM-06 if SUB=YES F SUM Qty =JAXM-06 i...

How-to hide comment field on Invoices
For one of our customers, we needed a way of classifying items which are Urgent in need to make sure our warehouse ships them out as soon as they are received. The only way field that would work is the 'Comment ID' field which can be found in the 'Sales Item Detail Entry' window. I then modified the related smartlist report to use this field and life was good.. until we printed invoices. On the Invoice, for every 'Urgent' item, a blank line appears after it. With more than one 'urgent' item on the same Invoice, it makes for an odd/unprofessional looking Invoice...

Mail delivery to a different mailbox?
I am having this peculiar issue that some of the emails from a different mailbox is dropping down to my colleagues mailbox, who also has an admin rights on domain as well as on Exchange. According to him he never assigned rights to that mailbox or any forwarding is setup as such. Is it possible that emails will come to his mailbox with permissions or assignement. How do i check what is happening here. Sin "Sin Joe" <SinJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having this peculiar issue that some of the emails from a different >mailbox is dropping down to my c...

Top 5 SQL in an Aggregate Query
I'm counting occurrences for Questions Grouped by Market Mgr and 3 different Area Mgrs. Taking "Top 5" in the SQL statement brings in the overall Top 5 records, which it should. I could run code to examine each Area Mgr (w/ the Market Mgr), build a Top 5 and add to a Table after deleting all those Table's records prior to examining each Area Mgr. Or..is there another way?? Any possibiliity the "Grouping" in an Access Report would display only the Top 5 for each Area Mgr grouping? TIA - Bob See: Subquery Basics: TOP n records per group at: http://a...

Add new field to grid
I have added the Customer Ship to Address to the RM Customer Inquiry grid. I need to create VBA code to populate this field. In a grid window, where do I open the data base and at what point do I read the table to populate this field. Thank you Amy Hi Amy Using the Window_AfterOpen event, you will need to use RetrieveGlobals to obtain the login credentials, then ADO to open a connection to the SQL server. You close the connection on the Window_AfterClose event. Then on the Before_LinePopulate event on the Grid form, you perform the actual SQL query. I have an example you can have ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Criteria Parameter in query for two fields: help
I have a form that utilizes two contact lists in separate combo boxes to illustrate projects that multiple people have worked on. I am trying to make it so that a report will illustrate the associated data based on these contacts. The selection will be based on either one contact (from either list) or both. Whereby on selection, the report will generate the associated data based on these user names. How would I go about creating a parameter in the query so that it will limit the content to reflect either contact list or a combination of the two? I am a beginner to Acc...

bcc and attachment fields
Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? Thanks are you meaning that attachments will not show in the body? I am looking for that answer too. -- Dave M Radeon 9800Pro 256mb P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 "sendhost3000" <sendhost3000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYXGYYYxDHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the > top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? > > Thanks > > -----= ...

Adding alternate columns

Using xlsm worksheets on different computers
So I just creaed the greatest spreadsheet ever with lots of Visual Basic and Macro buttons that makes it a dream for the user to use. A startup macro opens at the Menu page, lots of hyperlinks to various worksheets, lots of macro buttons, tabs hidden, VB password protected, hidden worksheets, an expiry date on the workbook which inhibits further use after a certain date etc.... You get the idea. I digitally signed it and installed it on the computer where it will be used. At the end of each week this monthly file is emailed to a number of managers, and I soon realised the frui...

Compare music files on different drives. WMP11 for XP
I have Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP. I am showing duplicates of most of my albums because I have stupidly put my music on two separate drives. Each drive/folder contains several thousand music albums. Now I want to compare the contents of these two large music folders. Most of the files in the two folders are identical—that is, the same albums, but there is some disparity, and that is what I want to find out, because I want to put all the albums I have on a single drive, then use the other (a portable hard drive) as back up. I don't see a way to do this with WMP, a...

Difference between US and UK.
Using Access 2003 runtime and a store in the UK gets a "This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated." error when opening a report based on a query. I have 30+ stores using the same program in the US which don't get the error. The UK store gets the same error on two different computers using Windows XP. It is only occurring on one report and not the 9 others. I had the UK store upload their fe and be to my website. I put it on my computer and it ran without the error. The UK store does not have MS Office on either computer. The UK has a diff...

Adding fields from a different query

A Simple Query problem?
I've wrestled with this one, but can't quite manage it! I have a tblStatement containing fields StatementID, Date, Description, and Value. For all records with Description = "NATWEST BANK", there are two values for each particular date. What I want to do is update the Description depending on whether the value is the Max or Min value for that particular date. I can use criteria with GroupBy and Min/Max in the query grid, but obviously cannot update the Description field as it is a GroupBy. And you won't be able to update anything if you use a GROUP BY or an ag...