Add Record from form into two tables

I have a form (frm_Invoice) that records phone serial # from customers. I
want to create a new record in both the tbl_Inventory and
tbl_Inventory_Detail when someone scans in a DEC_SN into the frm_Invoice.
The issue I am running across is that the tbl_Inventory_Details has a child
relationship to the tbl_Inventory. I chose this set up because most of the
inventory is manually entered from shipments received from a warehouse. I
created a form and sub form for the inventory tying the SN_ID from each table
on a one to many relationship.

I do not know how to update both tables at once. I tried appending the data
from the form into the tbl_Inventory_Detail but since it is a child it will
not allow me to save the record.

tbl_Inventory has these fields:
SN_ID - Autonumber PK
Order_ID – Text – this is an identifier to tie the shipments or invoices
Receive_Date - Date
TimeStamp_In - Time

The tbl_Inventory_Detail has these fields:
SN_ID – Number: Linked to tbl_Inventory
Receive_Date – Date: updated from tbl_Inventory
TimeStamp_In – Time: updated from tbl_Inventory
DEC_SN - Text – PK

The tbl_Invoice (frm_Invoice) has these fields:
DEC_SN_IN – Text: This is the serial # from the customer
Date – Date: Date invoice was created
TimeStamp – Time: Time invoice was created

count records in a date range
I have a worksheet in which I am trying to count the number of records in a date range. For example, the Submit_Date column contains the following dates/times (cells a1:a5): 12/17/2005 12:00:54 PM 12/16/2005 1:00:54 PM 12/17/2005 9:00:13 PM 12/10/2005 7:54:16 AM 12/17/2005 10:04:11 AM I would like to count the number of records with a Submit_Date between 12/1/2005 12:00:00 PM and 12/31/2005 11:59:59 PM. Any suggestions? -- Jim -- Jim You can use SUMPRODUCT =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100>=B1)*(A1:A100<=B2)) A1:A100 ....date range B1 start date B2 end date HTH JG "jiml"...

Office Rebate Form
Where might I find the rebate form? There is a link in the newsletter which doesn't work. Is there another place to look for it? Thanks! Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about! What rebate form? What newsletter? On 12/09/07 10:22 AM, in article 1189558341.483611.232980@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "WildernessFlyFishers@gmail.com" <WildernessFlyFishers@gmail.com> wrote: > Where might I find the rebate form? There is a link in the newsletter > which doesn't work. Is there another place to look for it? > > Thanks! > -- Don&#...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

form cell question in Ver2000
I have a large sheet with email addresses in a column that only displays "yes" with the letters in a gray shaded area. When I hover over the cell the underlying email address becomes visible. I need to find a way to create a column of the email addresses. Any help will be appreciated. James It sounds like someone added hyperlinks to your worksheet. If you select the cell and do Insert|Hyperlink, do you see the email address in a nice dialog? If yes, you can use a user defined function to extract that link (including email address). Saved from a previous post: One way to e...

Record Deleted
I am attempting to write a simple query and when I choose the information in ascending order I am receiving an error message that states a record has been deleted and will not provide the report. I'm finding that I'm receiving this message on several already created queries. How can I correct this without losing information? The only change has been the relocation of the file to another folder. Are you talking about the main .mdb file that's been moved? Is the database split? If so, have you relinked the tables after moving the file? Do you have full permissions to the fol...

table lookup
My head hurts from trying to figure out how to do this. I want to specify a row title in which to find the closest number specified. For example, if my row titles are W,X,Y,Z....maybe I would specify 5.5 in row X. The value returned should be 6. W 3 5 7 X 2 4.5 6 Y 1 1.5 3 Z 0 1 2.5 Thanks, Assuming your data in A1:D4 =MIN(IF((A1:A4="x")*(B1:D4>=5.5),B1:D4)) ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter "engineer" wrote: > My head hurts from trying to figure out how to do this. I want to specify a > row title in which to find the closest n...

Calling Forms
Usually when i write a Visual C++ program i use Dialogs insted of Forms. When i want to call a dialog i use the Dialog.DoModal(), but how can i call a Form? Ricardo Furtado wrote: > Usually when i write a Visual C++ program i use Dialogs insted of Forms. When > i want to call a dialog i use the Dialog.DoModal(), but how can i call a > Form? > If you have a document/view app, what is usually done is to switch the view from one formview to another, within the same frame window. Sample code is shown at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141334 -- ...

Add on

Manipulating Pivot Table
I have created a pivot table that gives me the occurances of a specific number in a list, or the "count" of that number. What I need is that "count" divided by 4 to be the result in the pivot table. So, if the number 562 is in the list 8 times I want the result to show "count" of 562 is 2 (not 8) Any Ideas Thank Brandt ...

View of Excel form is different on different computers.
A common form being shared on the network displays differently on different computers. We have varying versions of Office with different windows operating systems. The form views fine on the Windows 98 system with Excel 2000. All of the other systems are newer with Windows 2000 or XP using equal or newer versions of Excel. They show the form displayed with all of the columns squeezed together. Is there a way to make the form view the same on all computers regardless of operating system and Excel version? You've partially answered your own question - the more disparity between ...

Forcing borders of all columns when records less than max
Is there a way to force the 28 fields borders if there are less than 28 fields (28 columns is forced but borders do not show up when less than 28 records)? Can you explain what you are attempting to do? It isn't clear whether you mean 28 fields or 28 records or both. You can use the Line method to draw rectangles anywhere in your report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Michael" wrote: > Is there a way to force the 28 fields borders if there are less than 28 > fields (28 columns is forced but borders do not show up when less than 28 > records)? > ...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Printing two sheets on 1 page
Is it possible in Excel to print out two sheets on a single page. i.e. I'd like to print out cells A1 to L25 on sheet1 then cells A1 to G9 on sheet2. Thanks for the help, Chris Ok I found how to print more than 1 sheet per page but is there a way to specify how much of a page to print. I'd like sheet 1 to take up 2/3's of the page and sheet 2 to take up the bottom 1/3 of the page. Thanks, Chris ...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

find maximum of two values in an array with same lookup value
Table containing team names and members of teams of two and their scores in a number of competitions. Require to return the highest scorer for each team. Can use vlookup to return one of the records for a team though not necessarily the team member with highest score. Can't sort the array by descending order of points scored because the highest scorere for any given team will not be the same in every competition. Could probably think of a way of doing this by writing some VBA but if anyone can think of some way of avoiding that.....all ideas welcome How is the data listed in th...

Installing Money 2006 on Two Machines?
X-No-Archive: yes Is it possible to install Money 2006 on two machines? I know there was some Activation process involved when I installed it on my Desktop. Now I want to install it on my Laptop also. Can I do that, or will it complain...? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, John Simon wrote: > >Is it possible to install Money 2006 on two machines? I know there was some >Activation process involved when I installed it on my Desktop. Now I want to >install it on my Laptop also. Can I do that, or will it complain...? > The former. Help->About->LicenseTerms explai...

two sql tranform statement on one report
How do i get two tranforms statement on the same report but the pivot part to only be used like below Tranform Select From Where Group By Pivot in (1,3,5,7) then another on same report Tranform Select From Where Group By Pivot in (2,4,6,8) any ideas??? One way I can think of is to use sub-reports. The other option would be to use a union query to combine the two crosstab queries if the queries were returning the same basic data. And then group by the "source" SELECT "A" as Source, FldA, FldB , [1] as A, [3] as B, [5] as C, [7...

How to fill the area between two lines in excel graph?
I'm trying to fill the area between 2 line graphs in excel. I need to present the two lines in different colors, plus i need to add another line in between the two lines. I tried using the "area" option in excel and while it shaded the area between the line graphs, it did not allow me to add the extra line in between. The stacked area chart is used for the fill. For the three lines, add three series of type Line. (Add them however they get added, which would be as additional area series, then select each and use Chart menu > Chart Type to convert to Line.) - Jon ---...

pivot table #21
I have a question on Excel. When I update a pivot table, I used to be able to hold down the shift and ctrl keys and highlight the area, but lately I found that I cannot use this short cut method. Is there another short cut method? Thanks for your help. In step two of the Pivot Wizard, you should be able to select a starting cell on the worksheet, then hold the Shift key, and tap the End key, then the Down or Right arrow key, to select a range of cells. Or, base the pivot table on a dynamic range, which will expand automatically as new records are added. There are instructions here:...

Quote Form
I am having a lot of difficulty doing modifications to the quote form beyond adding the company logo. I am using CRM 3.0, Outlook 2007, Word 2007. A couple of the issues are: 1) If disconnected from the domain (on laptop offline) can not connect to data source. 2) When on the network and select the quote table other fields indicate they are missing and Word wants to remove them. We are not interested in adding a 3rd party product and would really like to get this working with the tools provided in CRM. Has anybody had success with creating a nice custome quote form in Word, or am I wai...