Accounting with Ms Access

Hello all I have been working on a database for are small retail Tile company (we do everything by
pen and paper now). I have been able to setup a working Orders/Invoice table and forms, CreditMemo
table and forms, and PurchaseOrder table and forms all based on the Northwind Sample Database.
"Thanks to all the help here". I have been searching for a sample database with accounting. With
A/R, A/P, Billing Statements and so on. I am not a programmer or accountant so the chance of me
doing something wrong is pretty good. I am hoping that someone has a add-in MsAccess database for
sale that would link to my tables and do the accounting process. I have looked at Ms Accounting 2008
and QuickBooks 2008 no way to link the tables to the programs I can see. Any help or suggestions
welcome.

Thank in Advance
Thomas
wills.t.NOSPAM@sbcglobal.net   <Remove .NOSPAM>

PS.
Happy New Year
And Best of Wishes for You and Yours in the New Year

0
Thomas

Tony Toews has a page about Access-based accounting systems at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsacct.htm

I'm not sure about MS Accounting 2008, but I'm pretty sure that there are
ODBC drivers available for QuickBooks. If you have the appropriate ODBC
drivers loaded, you'll be able to get at the data from Access.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Thomas" <JustAsk@here.com> wrote in message
> Hello all I have been working on a database for are small retail Tile
> company (we do everything by pen and paper now). I have been able to setup
> a working Orders/Invoice table and forms, CreditMemo table and forms, and
> PurchaseOrder table and forms all based on the Northwind Sample Database.
> "Thanks to all the help here". I have been searching for a sample database
> with accounting. With A/R, A/P, Billing Statements and so on. I am not a
> programmer or accountant so the chance of me doing something wrong is
> pretty good. I am hoping that someone has a add-in MsAccess database for
> sale that would link to my tables and do the accounting process. I have
> looked at Ms Accounting 2008 and QuickBooks 2008 no way to link the tables
> to the programs I can see. Any help or suggestions welcome.
>
> Thank in Advance
> Thomas
> wills.t.NOSPAM@sbcglobal.net   <Remove .NOSPAM>
>
> PS.
> Happy New Year
> And Best of Wishes for You and Yours in the New Year

0
Douglas
12/29/2007 12:17:14 PM
I have successfully integrated Access databases with People's Choice
Accounting which is written in Access:

http://www.peoples-choice.com/
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Thomas" <JustAsk@here.com> wrote in message
> Hello all I have been working on a database for are small retail Tile
> company (we do everything by pen and paper now). I have been able to setup
> a working Orders/Invoice table and forms, CreditMemo table and forms, and
> PurchaseOrder table and forms all based on the Northwind Sample Database.
> "Thanks to all the help here". I have been searching for a sample database
> with accounting. With A/R, A/P, Billing Statements and so on. I am not a
> programmer or accountant so the chance of me doing something wrong is
> pretty good. I am hoping that someone has a add-in MsAccess database for
> sale that would link to my tables and do the accounting process. I have
> looked at Ms Accounting 2008 and QuickBooks 2008 no way to link the tables
> to the programs I can see. Any help or suggestions welcome.
>
> Thank in Advance
> Thomas
> wills.t.NOSPAM@sbcglobal.net   <Remove .NOSPAM>
>
> PS.
> Happy New Year
> And Best of Wishes for You and Yours in the New Year

0
Arvin

External PRogram Access
I am using a trading program that will send me email alerts. However, every time it tries to send the alert, I get "an external program is trying to access Outlook...." Is there a way to allow access, so I don't have to be at my pc when the alerts are sent? You may want to look at "ClickYes" other options http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015c01c3b05a$81d326f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am using a trading program that will send me email > alerts. However, every t...

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

Is there a way to write image metadata from Access?
I am writing an Access 2000 application for an international photographic competition. For digital image entries (normally TIFF or JPEG), I would like to be able to write an EntryID number into the image metadata. Does anyone here have any idea how I might be able to achieve this? I'm guessing that the metadata would have to be written by some third-party software, initiated by VBA code attached to an Access form. David ...

Sales Tax in MS-POS
In Microsoft Point of Sale, the tax amount on the Z-Report (which is correct) does not match the tax listed in the Sales Tax Analysis Report. It is only off by a few cents. Any idea why the discrepancy and how to remedy? It's probably due to rounding. Since taxes are carried out to more than 2 decimal places, but taxes are only collected to the penny, taxes are rounded up or down. With multiple tax authorities (such as City and State), there are two ways this can be done. 1) Calculate the taxes for each tax authority (such as City and State), round them separately, then add the...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

How best to backup an Access database
OK, reading here I saw someone has lost his database and there was talk about backup. What I'm doing for backup is ever so often, I copy/ paste a copy of my .mdb file. I have automatic backup software that then backs that up offsite. Should I create something that exports the data in the tables and use that as a backup or am I doing enough? What so people do to backup their access applications? On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:32:36 -0800 (PST), MikeB <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote: Per best practices you have a split database, with a front-end (most likely MDE) on each workstattion, and a bac...

Cannot access mailboxes with OWA
I installed Outlook web access on a windows 2000 member server, Exchange 5.5 resides in a NT 4 member server box. This is a NT 4 Domain no active directory. When I try to log in it pops the user name and password right back. I look at the event log on the OWA server and it tells me that it is the wrong user name and password which is not true. I have adjusted the local policy for users to log on locally but that has not worked. Any ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I installed Outlook web access on a windows 2000 member server, Ex...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

User-defined fields in Tasks (MS Outlook)
Two questions please: 1. How can I RENAME a user-defined field in Tasks, once it has been created. (not just in a column heading, but the actual field name) 2. How can I DELETE all fields whose value is (NONE) from all records so that my files do not become too large (after I have deleted obselete user-defined fields). I know how to delete field entries on individual records one at a time, but this would take me days. Thank you. ...

Exchange 2003 Admin w/o ability to gain service acct access & read other users' mail?
I recently installed/configured an Exchange 2003 server for my organization. Upon completion they removed me from the Administrators group so that I would not be able to read other users' email. Although this right is disabled by default, MS has left a couple backdoors so admins can grant themselves Service Account access and read other users' mailboxes. See: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821897 MS Reasoning appears to be, "Just don't do it" -- which is not enough to satisfy my company principals. They are uncomfortable with even the possibility that I *could* add se...

Opening Forms based on Combo Box Selection (Access 2007)
I am creating a database in which people in 10 different regions will enter information into forms for facilities in their respective regions. I'd like the users to open the database, select their region from a combo box and click an "open form" command button that will open all the records/forms in their region (right now, the forms only have the facility name and address information entered). How do I link the command button function to the combo box? I'd like to learn to do this using the embedded macro function because I am not very familiar with VBA coding....

Access to News groups disappears after first use and exiting.
Have used OE for a number of years for email and News Group access. Thought I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received reply on the test. I know it was working. Then tried to set up newsgroups. Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News to "Go". Finished ... went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I had earlier setup in OE came up. Played around looking at some posts. Then exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Gh...

SQL database connections and access from multiple clients
How many concurrent connections can SQL Express 2008 support ? I have a situation where 10,000 clients need to access and update SQL Express database. Is it ok that all the clients directly connects to SQL express and update the database ? What issues can come up in the scenario ? OR is it advised that we write a database access layer(component) which takes care of updating the database and all clients access this components for reading or writing ? regards, Thomas Thomas I think there is no limit concurrent connections for SQL Express 2008 We have some applications that han...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Pivot Table in Excel not reading Access Query
I use Access link to a SQL server database and then run queries in Access. I wanted to do a Pivot Table in Excel because of other users able in the office. I can't get Excel to import or even show one of the queries in Access where I use MonthName to get the month's name and not a number. If I use the month's number, all is well. It is not a big deal just wondering why it won't work. Is there a way to change the number to a name in Excel's Pivot Table as I can' get =Text(cell,"MMMM") to work in the calculated field. Thanks for any help. Lee ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

cannot add users or remove restricted access mode
I made an upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. When I try to remove the "restricted access mode" from a user or add a new user from the domain I get an error message when I click to save the change. here is an error message which is quite similar to what I get (my original error message is in German - posted it too down below): ___________________________________________________________________________= __________________ Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...