Access Fields

I am creating a database for SAE (Serious Adverse Events) for Protocols
dealing with cancer.  We have several protocols (i.e. E2805, E5202, C80405,
etc.) which have the same SAE.  Instead of typing a new form for each
protocol number, is there a way that I can put in several protocl numbers
with one SAE number.  Example:
E5202 - SAE#12345
E2805 - SAE#12345
C80405 - SAE#12345

The SAE number may also have a follow-up (i.e. SAE#12345 F/U#1) which may
include multiple protocols.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Kathy

"kjstec" <kjstec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a database for SAE (Serious Adverse Events) for Protocols
> dealing with cancer.  We have several protocols (i.e. E2805, E5202,
> C80405,
> etc.) which have the same SAE.  Instead of typing a new form for each
> protocol number, is there a way that I can put in several protocl numbers
> with one SAE number.  Example:
> E5202 - SAE#12345
> E2805 - SAE#12345
> C80405 - SAE#12345
>
> The SAE number may also have a follow-up (i.e. SAE#12345 F/U#1) which may
> include multiple protocols.

You need to start out with a table design that is capable of handling this.
On the scanty information you've given, this might work:

tblSAE
SAECode (PK)
SAEDesc

tblProtocol
ProtocolCode (PK)
ProtocolDesc

tblSAEProtocol
SAEProtocolID (PK Autonumber)
SAECode
ProtocolCode

Without more information of exactly what is going on in your database, it is
difficult to be more specific or to tell how this would play out in the UI.

HTH;

Amy

0
Amy

Barcode field in Inventory
There should be a separte master( card) as barcode. It should be combination of itemnumber and UOM in the UOM Schedule ID. backer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default...

Choosing subform fields from master form
Hello - I have a master form with 4 subforms. 3 of the subforms have only checkboxes. The boss wants to choose the checkboxes displayed in subforms. For example, this week the boss wants users to view checkbox1, checkbox2, checkbox5, and checkbox7 in a subform. The following week he wants users to see checkbox3, checkbox4, checkbox6, and checkbox 8. I'd like the boss to have an administrator console where he chooses what checkboxes will be available for the users.How do I handle this with a multiuser split database? Any ideas? Thanks! Steve -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com htt...

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Including Ship To Address 'User Defined' fields on SOP Invoice.
How do I include the Ship To 'User defined 1 and 2 fields' on an Invoice? The ship to is defined on the customer maintenance card and differs from the Select Address Code for the customer ('PRIMARY' vs. 'SHPTO'). I can retrieve the Ship To Address line 1 thru 3 using the RW_AddressLine1 .... RW_AddressLine3 functions. However I can not determine how to retrieve other data maintained under this Address ID from the Customer Address Table. How do I achieve this? That's because the User Defined fields you are looking for are in the Customer Master Address tab...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Customized Fields
Hi, Can someone please clarify what &#8216;mail merge does not work with customized fields&#8217; actually means. For example, if I customize one of the picklists for one of the fields that the product is shipped with does this become a customized field? Or is a customized field purely a field that has been added to the schema? Best regards Lee a custom field is one that you have added. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8...

Access

access mail on WEB

Smartlist
Hi I created several smartlist, but the search using the "any" field does not return any results. IT appears to search and but returns nothing. I have using the Integration guide and the only reference to the any field is setting the data type in the Explorer_Get_Datatype script. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to add more code? Is there a data entry I need to delete? Any suggestions? Jason, Tested this on v10 SP3 and I get no results either. It seems to be a bug. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumg...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Missing values from a pivot table field
I am creating a pivot table from an access database containing 896426 records. The issue I am running into is that on one of the fields the pivot table is only pulling in one of two values, but the access table does contain the second value. When I click on the arrow associated with that field it does not contain the second value either. Is there somewhere else in the settings this value could have been lost? Perhaps try Drag the field off the table Refresh the table Drag the field back on. With pivot tables you need to let us know which XL version you have. pivot ta...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...