Access 2007 Run-time Error 2467 when accessing a listbox value on a sub form

I have a database that has been in production on Access 2003 for quite
some time and has run without errors.

A user's machine was recently upgraded to Access 2007 and now the
database throughs a Run-time Error 2467 "The Expression you entered
referes to an object that is closed or does not exist" on the
following line that references a listbox value on a sub form.

If Nz(Me.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) =
"" Then
..
..
..

I changed the code to

If Nz(Forms!
frm_Main.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) =
"" Then
..
..
..

and still get the same error. Both verisions of the code work fine in
Access 2003.

Anyone have a solution or an idea why the object reference chokes in
Access 2007?

Thanks in advance.

Keith E.

0
kengelhardt

I believe Access 2007 is a little stickier about syntax.

See whether

Me!sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form!Cmb_Consultant.Value

or

Forms!frm_Main!sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form!Cmb_Consultant

work any better.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

<kengelhardt@designforum.com> wrote in message
>I have a database that has been in production on Access 2003 for quite
> some time and has run without errors.
>
> A user's machine was recently upgraded to Access 2007 and now the
> database throughs a Run-time Error 2467 "The Expression you entered
> referes to an object that is closed or does not exist" on the
> following line that references a listbox value on a sub form.
>
> If Nz(Me.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) =
> "" Then
> .
> .
> .
>
> I changed the code to
>
> If Nz(Forms!
> frm_Main.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) =
> "" Then
> .
> .
> .
>
> and still get the same error. Both verisions of the code work fine in
> Access 2003.
>
> Anyone have a solution or an idea why the object reference chokes in
> Access 2007?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Keith E.

0
Douglas
7/2/2007 4:46:39 PM
I still get the same error.

The subform is on a tab control. Maybe I need to nest through it's
object reference down to th esub form.

Re: > I believe Access 2007 is a little stickier about syntax.

Why would MS break older version code ny not recognizing what used to
be valid syntax. Frustrating!

Keith E.

On Jul 2, 12:46 pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
<NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote:
> I believe Access 2007 is a little stickier about syntax.
>
> See whether
>
> Me!sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form!Cmb_Consultant.Value
>
> or
>
> Forms!frm_Main!sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form!Cmb_Consultant
>
> work any better.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>
> <kengelha...@designforum.com> wrote in message

> >I have a database that has been in production on Access 2003 for quite
> > some time and has run without errors.
>
> > A user's machine was recently upgraded to Access 2007 and now the
> > database throughs a Run-time Error 2467 "The Expression you entered
> > referes to an object that is closed or does not exist" on the
> > following line that references a listbox value on a sub form.
>
> > If Nz(Me.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) =
> > "" Then
> > .
> > .
> > .
>
> > I changed the code to
>
> > If Nz(Forms!
> > frm_Main.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) =
> > "" Then
> > .
> > .
> > .
>
> > and still get the same error. Both verisions of the code work fine in
> > Access 2003.
>
> > Anyone have a solution or an idea why the object reference chokes in
> > Access 2007?
>
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> > Keith E.- Hide quoted text -

kengelhardt
7/2/2007 6:59:40 PM
No reference to the tab is required. Are you sure that the name of the
subform control on the parent form is the same as the form being used as the
subform? It's the subform control you have to reference.

Just because Access used to recognize sloppy syntax doesn't mean they're
obligated to do so for ever. Technically, in VBA ! (bang) is supposed to be
used for user-defined items (such as controls on forms), while . (dot) is
used for items defined by Access (such as properties).

--

>I still get the same error.
>
> The subform is on a tab control. Maybe I need to nest through it's
> object reference down to th esub form.
>
> Re: > I believe Access 2007 is a little stickier about syntax.
>
> Why would MS break older version code ny not recognizing what used to
> be valid syntax. Frustrating!
>
> Keith E.
>
> On Jul 2, 12:46 pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
> <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote:
>> I believe Access 2007 is a little stickier about syntax.
>>
>> See whether
>>
>> Me!sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form!Cmb_Consultant.Value
>>
>> or
>>
>> Forms!frm_Main!sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form!Cmb_Consultant
>>
>> work any better.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele
>> (no private e-mails, please)
>>
>> <kengelha...@designforum.com> wrote in message

>> >I have a database that has been in production on Access 2003 for quite
>> > some time and has run without errors.
>>
>> > A user's machine was recently upgraded to Access 2007 and now the
>> > database throughs a Run-time Error 2467 "The Expression you entered
>> > referes to an object that is closed or does not exist" on the
>> > following line that references a listbox value on a sub form.
>>
>> > If Nz(Me.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) =
>> > "" Then
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>>
>> > I changed the code to
>>
>> > If Nz(Forms!
>> > frm_Main.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) =
>> > "" Then
>> > .
>> > .
>> > .
>>
>> > and still get the same error. Both verisions of the code work fine in
>> > Access 2003.
>>
>> > Anyone have a solution or an idea why the object reference chokes in
>> > Access 2007?
>>
>> > Thanks in advance.
>>
>> > Keith E.- Hide quoted text -

Douglas
7/2/2007 11:26:18 PM
Thanks for the response.

Good to hear the no reference to the tab control is not necessary.

I am sure that the name of the subform control on the parent form is
the same as the form being used as the
subform. This was confirmed by another developer on my team, just as a
reality check.

However, I noticed that the subform is not being displayed on its tab
in Access 2007. But, it is in Access 2003.
So, I suspect since it is not visible on the tab control, it isn't
present to be referenced by the code. Yet I have no clue why this
particular form is not being displayed on its tab. All other subforms
appear on their appropriate tabs in MS Access 2007 and there are no
issues with any of the tabs and subforms in MS Access 2003.

Keith E.

0
kengelhardt
7/5/2007 2:14:42 PM
I recreated the form and it worked for a few tests and the somehow got
corrupted when I changed the column count for the list box. so, I am
back to square one with the same error. Is there some reason why this
would effect running the form on MS 2007?

Keith E.

0
kengelhardt

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Calculation Error in Money 2004 Small Business
When you enter 80*51.875 as expense in a bank account for example, the result correctly shows as 4150. However, if you go to Invoice and enter 80hours @ $51.875, it shows 4150.40 - Calculation bug? MS Online Assisted support confirmed the problem. They also found that if you enter the numbers in reverse i.e 51.875h @ $80, it correctly shows 4150. So it looks like Money 2004 erroneously rounds off the per hour labor rate to two decimal digits 80*51.88 = 4150.40). >-----Original Message----- >When you enter 80*51.875 as expense in a bank account for >example, the result corre...

Access

HELP: VBScript to detect error messages in excel VBA
I wish to use vbscript to automate macros running over many workbooks. I will allow a number to run at any given time, therefore i need to use vbscript to detect if a macro has ended. This is not posing an issue. The issue I foresee is if the macro being run in the excel book decides to error (maybe because an SQL server is down, or any reason really)... I need the ability to have vbscript work out that the runtime error has occurred in the excel workbook, kill the application, then re-launch the workbook to allow the maco a second run. Essentially, how will i use vbscript to...

Import Wizard Error
We're trying to import leads from a tradeshow into MSCRM 1.2. I utilize the Import Wizard, find the source .csv, map the fields (and ensure none of them are blank), and press import. I receive the error: "A system error occurred while the data was being imported. The Import Wizard will now close." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Kind Regards, Anthony Uliano President/CTO AMC Technology, L.L.C. Anthony.Uliano@amctechnology.com is your crm web server running on a port other than port 80 ? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Anth...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

2nd Post: DATEVALUE Error

Times list top 15
Here is my problem. I got some help before, but it isn't working. I have a database with kids' times for each course that we run. Each year they may run a course several times. The information I have in the file on them is Name, Grade, Course, RunTime, RunYear, Male/ Female. I am trying to get a list of all of the top 15 times in a particular course. But since there are multiple entries for a kid on each course, I get the following SAvannah 2006 17:30 Savannah 2005 17:32 Savannah 2006 17:45 Stepahanie 2007 17:48 Kristina 2007 18:01 Stepahnie 2006 18:03 But what I wa...

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

STOP 0xC000021A error
Hello all, I am running Windows XP Pro, and after running combofix.exe which wanted to reboot my pc, gave me an error and now I'm unable to login to my pc. I get a blue screen error: STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034. The system has been shut down. I tried all options available in F8(safe mode, last known good configuration), and Windows recovery, however I'm unable to go forth because the blue screen comes on before I can login to the pc. I connected my drive to my other p...

Missing values from a pivot table field
I am creating a pivot table from an access database containing 896426 records. The issue I am running into is that on one of the fields the pivot table is only pulling in one of two values, but the access table does contain the second value. When I click on the arrow associated with that field it does not contain the second value either. Is there somewhere else in the settings this value could have been lost? Perhaps try Drag the field off the table Refresh the table Drag the field back on. With pivot tables you need to let us know which XL version you have. pivot ta...

Null Value
Has Excel ever fixed the problem of not being able to have a foruml result in a true "NULL" value (even though null is nothing). I went throgh this with Excel a few years ago and to make a very lon complicated story short, no one (techs, engineers, product development could solve the problem. Results like 0, "", "Null", etc. will no work for what I'm doing because it requires many tiers of calculations I'm buying the beer if anyone can help me with this on3e ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip....

Graph over a time span
Hi, can anyone please help? Is there a way to graph from a span of time. We have Members with certain benefits that is good forever basically and then Members by their Contract St and End Dt and Members in special programs. So the data looks like for example: Member StDt EndDt ContractFees Contract Type Member A 1/1/2006 12/31/2009 $500 Program C Member B 1/1/2006 doesn't expire $2000 Program A Member C 6/1/2006 5/1/2010 $1000 Program B So I'd like to be able to count the # of ...