Access 2000 embedded Excel Pivot Table - data source?

I have created an Access reporting module that uses several Excel pivot
tables which are embedded in the Access file.  There doesn't appear to be any
way to determine which table in Access the pivot tables are referenced to.
If you right click on the pivot table and select wizard, the area in which
the data source would normally appear in an Excel-based pivot table is
totally blank.

Any suggestions for how to identify the data source for a pivot table that
is embedded in an Access 2000 file?

Have a look at the property pivot_Table.SourceData

"Jeff" wrote:

> I have created an Access reporting module that uses several Excel pivot
> tables which are embedded in the Access file.  There doesn't appear to be any
> way to determine which table in Access the pivot tables are referenced to.
> If you right click on the pivot table and select wizard, the area in which
> the data source would normally appear in an Excel-based pivot table is
> totally blank.
>
> Any suggestions for how to identify the data source for a pivot table that
> is embedded in an Access 2000 file?
Could  you tell me where the properties may be viewed, please?

"Kevin McCartney" wrote:

> Have a look at the property pivot_Table.SourceData
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> > I have created an Access reporting module that uses several Excel pivot
> > tables which are embedded in the Access file.  There doesn't appear to be any
> > way to determine which table in Access the pivot tables are referenced to.
> > If you right click on the pivot table and select wizard, the area in which
> > the data source would normally appear in an Excel-based pivot table is
> > totally blank.
> >
> > Any suggestions for how to identify the data source for a pivot table that
> > is embedded in an Access 2000 file?

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

excel template #9
I want to make excel template (like invoice.xlt, village software.xlt, expenses.xlt etc. which are readymade in Excel). Is there any website which will help me learn with easy steps to prepare template files? Pl. guide. -- Knowldege is Power Maybe you can glean some stuff from J.E. McGimpsey: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html Ajit Munj wrote: > > I want to make excel template (like invoice.xlt, village software.xlt, > expenses.xlt > etc. which are readymade in Excel). Is there any website which will help > me learn with easy steps to prepare template...

Location of pivot chart
I am using Excel 2003. I want to create a pivot chart from a pivot table. As soon as I click the chart button, however, Excel immediately creates the chart in a sheet of its own. I want to be able to create that chart in an existing sheet. I can't see an easy way to do this, other than then moving the one that's been created on its own chart sheet. Surely there must be a way to bi-pass that step? Making a pivot chart doesn't take you through the full-blown chart wizard, which allows this choice on its last step. I can't think of a non-VBA way to put a pivot chart dir...

Price Comparison Macro
I have a workbook with four sheets in it. On each of the first three sheets, located in cells F33:F52 and N33:N52 are unit prices. The fourth sheet is blank. I would like to know if (and how) a macro can be created that would look at the unit price in cell F33 of Sheet 1, then compare it to the unit price in F33 of Sheet 2 and F33 of Sheet three, decide which is the lowest, and place it in the cell F33 of sheet 4. Then, look at the next cell (F34) and do the same thing, etc. I am an absolute novie with VBA, but really need this. It would make my life so much easier. Thanks. Gosh...

Hyper Link in Outlook 2000
We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 as Mail Clients. If I sent an Excel file as hyperlink (Internally)and when the Recipient click on the hyperlink, the excel file opens in Internet Explorer. Is there any configuration that when the recipient click on the link it opens in excel? Thanks in advance Diwakar ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Inserting picture from file in Publisher 2000
I installed a trial Pub 2007 and when it ran its course I uninstalled it and reinstalled Publisher 2000. Since doing this I cannot insert a picture other than clipart, ie. I can't insert a picture from my files or internet. I get a message saying Pub doesn't recognise the format or there was an error loading a graphic converter. Some of the graphics converters may be missing. Run setup again. Well I've tried the 'repair' from setup again but still no joy. Can anybody help? I'm not too good with these problems so can you keep it simple for me? -- Ruth The graph...

Excel should have an open/close high/low chart for stock market u.
We're trying to develop a chart that would compare the price of grain traded on the Chicago Board of Trade (cbot) to our average price reported in Iowa. It would require four data points for the cbot info - open/close & high/low - and one for the comparator, in this case the average price for our state. We would like to see this chart added to Excel, but even if it is not added, we welcome any suggestions or recommendations of charting software compatible with Excel. Oh, by the way, we're using Excel 2003. Hi, Jon Peltier has a few stock (ochl) chart variations, check his...

Excel Row to Access Columns

HELP: VBScript to detect error messages in excel VBA
I wish to use vbscript to automate macros running over many workbooks. I will allow a number to run at any given time, therefore i need to use vbscript to detect if a macro has ended. This is not posing an issue. The issue I foresee is if the macro being run in the excel book decides to error (maybe because an SQL server is down, or any reason really)... I need the ability to have vbscript work out that the runtime error has occurred in the excel workbook, kill the application, then re-launch the workbook to allow the maco a second run. Essentially, how will i use vbscript to...

Excel, ODBC and creating queries
Does anyone know of a way to create a query based on values or formula in a spreadsheeet? Thanks in advance, J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From reading between the lines of your post, I am guessing that you have an Access Database with which you want to create a query based on a spreadsheet. If this is the case, you will need to open your database and in the tables section of your databse , right mouse click in the area showing your table names, and select "Link Tables" from the menu. Once you have followed the rest of the steps in the link wizard, a...

Access

Moving contacts to Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server
Does anyone know an easy way to move my smtp addresses from CCmail 8.2 address book (about 400 of them) over to contacts in Active directory. I am running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Cheers Crazy cc:Mail's export command with the /DIRECTORY switch can export them in an quasi - ldif format which could be massaged and used with ldifde to import. cc:Mail's Import/Export users guide will help on the export start with 237677 Using LDIFDE to import and export directory objects to Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;...

mspub 2000
When I create a blank publication ansd then go to tools - options mspun causes an error and has to close, and a log is created by drwatson. I have uninstalled and re- installed the product and also I have installed the latest service packs (sp3) Can any help please it driving me nuts. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from dave <wi@eatonbank.cheshire.sch.uk>... > When I create a blank publication ansd then go to tools - > options mspun causes an error and has to close, and a log > is created by drwatson. I have uninstalled and re- > i...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

how to change default comment format in excel (2000)
I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do it each time I enter a comment. Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to change the Font size at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default And she has a macro that can do more: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted superiorparties wrote: > > I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each > individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do >...

Unique distinct count in pivot table?
I have the following table with fields "Name", "State", and "price": Name State price Mary OH 14.94 Mary OH 15.01 Joe WA 12.17 Joe WA 18.95 I create a pivot table putting State in the row area and Count of Name in the data area. I get the following results: State OH 2 WA 2 This is telling me the number of occurrences of a name in the table in a given state. What I want it to tell me is the number of different names in a state. Is there an elegant way to do this in a pivot table? Much thanks for any help. A pivot table won't calculate a uni...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

making a primary key in excel
hiya, i would just like to know howq you can format a column so that it automatically inserts an ID when i input a new record. ta ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ your best bet is to have a formula such as =A1+1 in the cell A2, but you would need to drag this formula down. If you don't want users to overtype this, you'd need to lock it down and protect the sheet. Cheers, Katherine "electric_d" <electric_d.vqwbb@excelforum-nospam...

Excel Question 11-12-09
Can someone help a newB about how to copy a cell (which contains a count formula) to another worksheet. I need it to just copy the # so it can go into a worksheet that is totaling order #'s? 1) Copy the cell with the formula in it showing the value you want 2) Switch to the other sheet and select the target cell (do not press ENTER on it) 3) Click on EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Values That should paste in just the value of the formula, not the formula itself. Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your...