A realtion from one form to the same form?

Hi all,

In a database of mine I've made a form where my users are going to register
persons. There are many fields in the form, among them autonumber, name,
address, phone numbers and so on. There is also a field into which they shall
put the autonumber given to the person's wife or husband who have allready
been registered in the form. I want the form to show name the wife or husband
when her or his autonumber is put into the right field. But I wonder how do I
do this?

As I see it I need a one-to-many relation from the autonumber field in the
table to the wife-or-husband field of same table. Am I right? Or is there
another way to do it? The reason behind these words is that I've not been
able to make such a realation.

So, if you have any good ideas please give me some words. Thank you very
much in advance.

Jo

Don't really understand your table structure. Can you post a screen shot of
your relationships?

I'm also presuming you ment 'text box' when you said "There is also a field
into which they shall
put the autonumber given to the person's wife or husband". You need to be
clear what you mean as 'Field' means something specific. (If you did mean
Field, I'm sorry and I've missunderstood what you want so ignore the
following)

Create an unbound text box and enter the following:

=DLookup("[FieldName]", "tableName", "[TextBox] = [AutoNumber1]")

Where:

FieldName is the name of the field that holds the husband's/wife's name.
tablename is the name of the table that stores the husband's/wife's name.
TextBox is the name of the textbox the user enters the number in.
 AutoNumber1 is the name of the field that holds the auto number associated
with the husband/wife.

This is assuming the husband/wife's details are already stored in the
database.

Jo Gjessing wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>In a database of mine I've made a form where my users are going to register
>persons. There are many fields in the form, among them autonumber, name,
>address, phone numbers and so on. There is also a field into which they shall
>put the autonumber given to the person's wife or husband who have allready
>been registered in the form. I want the form to show name the wife or husband
>when her or his autonumber is put into the right field. But I wonder how do I
>do this?
>
>As I see it I need a one-to-many relation from the autonumber field in the
>table to the wife-or-husband field of same table. Am I right? Or is there
>another way to do it? The reason behind these words is that I've not been
>able to make such a realation.
>
>So, if you have any good ideas please give me some words. Thank you very
>much in advance.
>
>Jo

0
JEA

Any way to build one stacked bar chart for three groups of data?
I have three groups of data made of several cells of data each and would like to represent them on one chart. I would like to have each group represented as a separate stacked column so I can see the individual columns for each cell within the group and still see the relationship of the groups to each other. Is this possible? yes. Try using two columns (or rows) not one for you axis labels. This allows you to have separate columns for sub-groups under each broad axis label. eg in the attached example, having the names of months as the major axis label and the names of staff as the sec...

One of the product keys is not valid
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi! I just installed the Office Mac Home and Student version in my MacBook and my husband tried the second product key on his IMac, but got a message saying the product key is not valid. We tried with the third key and it worked. The thing is I'm allowed to use the three of them but I can only use two. Of course, now we both have the software installed, but we still want access to the third key. We entered the numbers a couple of times, checking they were right. Any ideas? Thanks! Maria_O@officeformac.com wrote: &g...

A realtion from one form to the same form?
Hi all, In a database of mine I've made a form where my users are going to register persons. There are many fields in the form, among them autonumber, name, address, phone numbers and so on. There is also a field into which they shall put the autonumber given to the person's wife or husband who have allready been registered in the form. I want the form to show name the wife or husband when her or his autonumber is put into the right field. But I wonder how do I do this? As I see it I need a one-to-many relation from the autonumber field in the table to the wife-or-husband fiel...

moving from one form to another
I want to be able to move from form 1 to form 2 and retain matching information in form 1 to form 2. So, how do I link the one or two matching information in both the forms? I think what you are asking is how to link forms? If so, in properties for the forms or subforms, go to the data tab and enter your master and child link property. It should create that for you. If the forms are not on the same form (a form and subform) you might have to create a form/subform to link them. If you want to be able to see the same information in each form without linking, you would need to put the inf...

Clients see embedded images as attachments but we don't see ones a
Hi, I faced with following problem: Some of our clients see imbedded images as attachments in Outlook 2007 but we don’t see ones in Outlook 2007 SP2. After investigation we have found that they see images which are embedded for CSS styles (some CSS uses images as background). Do you have any ideas why we don’t see such images as attachments but clients see? What settings of Outlook should be checked? Thank you, Andrey This is not an Outlook option but usually a side effect of having a virus scanner integrated with Outlook and modifying the message. Uninstall this ...

easy one!
my chart displays the efficiency of machines per day in one month. as we do not work on Saturdays and Sundays I do not have any values for those days, but I still want to keep the days as we might work Sat. or Sundays. How can I have the line of my graph interrupted instead of connected between Friday's and Monday's values? Norbert Hi, To have a line that breaks you will need to have dates in your series for the weekends and no data for the equivalent points. If you just made the axis Time series the line would be interpolated between Friday and Monday data points. Cheers Andy...

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

Positioning 2 User Forms
Hi I hope I explain this correctly - I have user form 1 which on opening fills the monitor screen with everything in its correct place and working OK. Within the same Workbook I have a small user form 2 which is opened by a command button on user form 1. On opening that works perfectly OK. However no matter what I try and do and that includes changing Start Up Position = in the VBA the damn thing always opens in the middle of user form 1 - when the desired position would be in an empty space available on the baseline of user form1. Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated ...

Worm updated form MS caused problem in Outlook 2002
After I download updated from MS that supposed to fix the worm blast I CANNOT NO LONGER CREATE/REPLY/REPLY ALL IN MY OUTLOOK 2002. Pls assist If yr critical updates were upto date this patch would have allready been installed in the update of July. Have you tried Detect/Repair David "wcw" <wcw@access-solution.net> wrote in message news:06db01c365f0$25c43d40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > After I download updated from MS that supposed to fix the > worm blast I CANNOT NO LONGER CREATE/REPLY/REPLY ALL IN > MY OUTLOOK 2002. > > Pls assist ...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...

california resale certificate request form letter
I am looking for a form letter to request people to fill out the California Resale Certificate. Check with the appropriate California Department, such as the Department of Revenue. "Jackie Stricklin" <Jackie Stricklin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29B9781-5336-40B7-BE9A-79B963CB1391@microsoft.com... :I am looking for a form letter to request people to fill out the California : Resale Certificate. ...

Sorting X Axis of Graph embedded in a Form
I have months defined in a table that I need on hte X axis of a graph. But the sort order is alphabetic which does not sort by months of the year. I have tried putting a sort order by number; but it doesn't work. How can I sort this with Jan being the first month in the order. Apr and Aug show up first. You need to update the Row Source property to sort by the month number. If you can't figure this out, come back with the Row Source SQL view. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Sorting in a Graph" wrote: > I have months defined in a table that I need on hte X ...