A phantom blank form opens with my form

I have a form that is used for data entry. When it opens there is a phantom
blank rectangle that opens adjacent to the regular data entry form. The form
is opened via VBA. I have the form set to data entry with additions set to
yes. Once I enter data it dissapears. At other times it locks up everything
where I have to use the task manager to close. What the . . .

First thing I would do would be to see if there are updated Graphics drivers
for my hardware.

--
HTH,
George

"Programming Artist" <Programming Artist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2703E11A-90C7-4351-ADC9-61903E78CD4B@microsoft.com...
>I have a form that is used for data entry. When it opens there is a phantom
> blank rectangle that opens adjacent to the regular data entry form. The
> form
> is opened via VBA. I have the form set to data entry with additions set to
> yes. Once I enter data it dissapears. At other times it locks up
> everything
> where I have to use the task manager to close. What the . . .

0
George

List form
Hi, is there possibilty to make list field filled with data from database ? regards Peter Peter, Could you let us have a little bit more info on what the data is, where it is (type of file), where it's going and what you want to do with it to help us with an answer? Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "Piotr" <hokah@wp.pl> wrote in message news:1144239719.143826.259140@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > is there possibilty to make list field filled with data from database ? > > regards > Peter > Of course, Im doing data entry form...

open a blank workbook
in my brothers computer when he clicks <start-programme-excel> a new workbook is NOTopned. He has to again click <file(menu)-new> or <new > icon to get a blank workbook . But in my computer automatically new blank workbook is opened. Excel help is not much help. I tried to find out in tools-option-general I could not get any idea. There is file in <c:\windows\micrososft\excel> in addition to xlstart folder there is a file with .xlb extension in my computer. Is that a blank excel file. what is the significance of <xlb> extension as agfainst <xls> exten...

Open forms in single 'tab control' window
Hi, I have got forms and subforms created for my application. Several forms have command buttons which open yet other sub-forms, however, each form opens in a new window whether the main ones or subforms. To make a better interface, is it possible that whenever one clicks on a command button, it opens the form in a 'tab control' window. Not to confuse the tab control for tabbing as I want to use only 1 tab control window only because it looks neaterto have my forms open in there. So in all, it's like having a menu of command buttons now that I have made and when you click ...

Include control that are only in forms
I want to include a text box value that is calculated based on forms programming in report. This textbox does not exist in table nor query. I want it to be included in the report with other table data... How? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can do programming in reports too. Add an unbound textbox control to the report and in the Format event of the section that contains the control add the code to calculate the value. Carl Rapson "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote in message news:71ce91c322e52@uwe... >I want to include a text...

Creating A Wizard Type Form
Hello, How Does One Create Like a User Wizard for inputting data into a table which holds about 30 fields The Aim Its to have the Wizard fill in the Projects Table in like 3 seperate Windows Which i would assume id have to create 3 seperate Forms With The Required Fields on Each Form with a Next Buttom Command which would open the Next Form in The Wizard. But it Carry's on Imputting the data in the same record? how do i do this? Regards Dan On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:23:40 -0000, "dan.cawthorne@gmail.com" <dan.cawthorne@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >How Does O...

Opening non-Excel Files #2
Is there any way to open non-excel files with excel? Thanks for any help! Jeff J. I guess you thought that providing what kind of files were not important? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JAJOSEPHESQ" <jajoseph@zoominternet.net> wrote in message news:45fc333d.0405090717.11daa507@posting.google.com... > Is there any way to open non-excel files with excel? > > Thanks for any help! > > Jeff J. ...

Blank message #2
When i do send messages it well show the subject , but will not show any thing there for the reader. I know someone experiencing exactly the same problem in my office with MS Outlook 2003. He has lost numerous emails this way. After composing a message, many of them long, and sending it, the body is apparently deleted upon sending. If anyone has a solution, please email me. Remove the nospam ZZZ in my email address. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >When i do send messages it well show the subject , but >will not show any thing there for the reader. > >. > ...

Excel hyperlinked file opens in wrong program
Suddenly, hyperlinked JPG files are opened in Microsoft Photo Editor (which I hate) instead of Microsoft Picture and Fax Viewer (which I hate less). I've changed the file association of all JPG and JPG related files in Windows Explorer to open in MPaFV and, when I open them from an Explorer, it works. However, Excel still opens them in MPE. I think someone else may have opened the file, but I don't know why that would effect a change in the behaviour of my machine. ...

Pivot table Blanks
When using a pivot table I always have a row at the bottom called Blank, even when I cant see any blank rows in the data, how can I get rid of this. Thanks for any help provided Dean dkso@ntlworld.com www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Dean, "Blank" can happen when the data range for the pivot table extends beyond the last record in your data. If you have a varying count of rows, and at least one column has no empty cells (to the last record, not beyond), you can use the dynamic range technique. Post back. Another option is to right-click the "blank"...

Sub-form losing sync
I have a sub-form which is linked to a main form via a linked field (which is a primary key). The link works well, and when I filter the main form the sub-form automatically picks up on the filter. This is all great until I make a change on the sub-form and save it. At which time it loses sync with the main form. I can then cycle through the records on the main form and the sub-form stays stuck on the record I was editing. Does anyone have any suggestions.? Thanks Lewis >>I have a sub-form which is linked to a main form via a linked field (which is a primary key). Are you talki...

Phantom LightningSand.CFD file
My system keeps getting disk errors on a file : \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\Norton\SRTSP\LightningSand.CFD (always the same index # 30) I have no idea about where that file comes from. In fact, the file is NOT there just before system shut down.... But it is still in error before booting. It happens once or twice a week... I now don't think the file has anything to do with Norton, but I do not find any viruses with 5 different tools !! Many messages on the web refer to that file as 'locked', which...

Open email attachments as read only
I know when you open email attachments from the preview pane, they open as read only. Is there a way of making all email attachments open read only, however they are opened from Outlook? Many thanks Yes, but you'll need to edit the registry for this though. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/175 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Kimmi" <Kimmi@discuss...

Problem Opening 2005 File in Money 2006 Premium
I'm unable to open up my 2005 Money file (approx 50 MB) in my new copy of Money 2006 Premium. I've tried all the repair steps, but every time I try to open the file, I get the "We're sorry, but Microsoft Money has experienced an internal error and will have to restart" window every time. I talked to the MS technical support group, but they were of no help -- ended up telling me I'd have to export all of my info account by account and try to import it into a new file, which would take me much more time than it's worth (I might as well import it into Quicken!) Anyb...

Non-FP Substitute for FORMS
I am completely satisfied with the FORMS capability of FrontPage 2003. I would like to continue to use the FrontPage 2003 application, but publish to a host that does NOT have FP extensions enabled. Can someone suggest a way of duplicating the FORMS capability that FrontPage extensions offer? Thanks! - John R. Baker The solution depends on your knowledge and what the server supports: For Unix (Linux) servers - PHP For Windows servers: PHP, asp.NET, "classic" ASP (In my opinion, classic ASP should be avoided since it is no longer developed and is slowly being...

Message body appears blank???
I and my family are experiencing a problem with outlook express 97/98. We cannot see the contents of any Email that we send or recieve. I tried reinstalling outlook and internet explorer, but to no avail. My internet provider (comcast high speed cable) could not find an explanation or solution either. I also attempted accessing our email accounts from the comcast online website, but the messages were blank there as well. It could be a virus or some other abberation, but i do not know. If anyone else has experienced this problem, then any advice or information would be greatly appreciated! The ...

Displaying zeros as blanks
I know this is an old question. Is there a way to display zero fields as blanks? I know I can do this with and If (x=0,""...etc, but then if this cell is used in a subsequent formula, such as a sum, I get a VALUE error. Thanks, Pradhan Pradhan, Select: Tools \ Options \ View Tab Unselect <Zero Values> Regards Jacques >-----Original Message----- >I know this is an old question. Is there a way to display >zero fields as blanks? I know I can do this with and If >(x=0,""...etc, but then if this cell is used in a >subsequent formula, such as a sum,...

Formulas returning a blank if no data entered in one cell
Hi, Very new to all this! I want to set up cells showing a percentage difference. I've figured out how to get it to do that but want to have a blank cell if no data has been entered into one of the other cells i.e price before increase = A, price after increase = B and C = % diff. If I don't enter a value in B how can I make sure C is blank? Also would you recommend keeping formulas in a separate part of the worksheet and returning the answer to C. If so how would I do that. Sorry this is a bit rambly -- Mifty Hi Mifty Q1 - embed the formula in an IF statement e.g. =IF(ISBLANK...

How to Clear the form?
Is there a way to place a button on a form to clear the record after you have saved the record to DB? You could record a macro as you select the data entry cells, and clear them. Add a button to the worksheet, from the Forms toolbar. Assign your macro to that button. For instructions on storing and using macros, you can read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Pastor Andrew Alexander wrote: > Is there a way to place a button on a form to clear the record after you > have saved the record to DB? > > -- Debra Dalgleish ...

Excel 97 will not open
excel caused an invalid page fault in module; excel.exe at 0177;3003dc7d Hi if this happen all the time I would try to re-install Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Henrywhh" <Henrywhh@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7E474281-2AE3-4AD9-B0A0-EB536C40568F@microsoft.com... > excel caused an invalid page fault in > module; excel.exe at 0177;3003dc7d ...

Opening in Same Cell
How do I make my worksheet open in the next row available? I have a 3000+ row file and every time I open it, it reverts to row 2926. Without any macro help, the workbook should open in the same location that it was last saved. But with macro help, you can make it do what you want: Option Explicit sub Auto_Open() dim NextCell as range with worksheets("sheet99") set nextcell = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).offset(1,0) end with application.goto nextcell, scroll:=true end sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro...

How can I get excel documents to open maximized?
When I post excel documents they do not open as maximized. Is there a way that they will open maximized instead of manually having to do it? Not sure what you mean by "post". When I download an Excel document it opens either in the browser, at whatever size the browser is, or opens in Excel at whatever size I last closed Excel. Unless there is a macro (VBA) thta will maximise the spreadsheet size - you are limited to whatever size was last used by the user. Try asking in an Excel forum or newsgroup. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprise...

Categories field blank for all records
We have just restored a public contacts folder after recovery of our exchange database. The recovery went well and all 2500 contacts were recovered without any apparent errors. However, what is missing is all of the data that was stored in the Categories field. I have spoken to the company who did the recovery and they have said that category data stored in a contact record should be like any other data field and therefore should have been recovered successfully just as every other field in all the contact records have been recovered. It is odd that it looks like just one column is missing. I...

now function in a form
On a form in Access 2003, I created an unbound control and inserted the formula =now() The date and time is displayed. We do not want the time, just the date so I selected the ShortDate format in the Properties. Works fine, unless someone clicks the control, in which case the time reappears. The form must closed and reopened to remove the time. Can anyone explain this and suggest a work around. Thanks Marsh "Marsh" <Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3EAB67B-05ED-44BB-B9B4-CD0456BF0F4A@microsoft.com... > On a form in Access 2003, I created an u...

Phantom tables
After adding and deleting numerous tables in a Word 2003 document and updating my list of tables a few times, I get phantom table entries in my list of tables. Some have no number or caption, but the leader is there and a page number, and they throw off the numbering by causing the next table to be numbered as if the phantom table were really there. Other entries in the list of tables are just random bits of text that appear as if they were tables. I have tried to find hidden codes or mis-applied styles, to no avail. I'm hoping someone can help me find these phantoms. Wo...

cancel form unload
I am doing some data verification in my subform, but users are able to get around this by just selecting the X and closing the form while in the field. Is there a way in the fields on exit event, that when the code runs telling the user they must enter the required data that it also stops the form from unloading? Otherwise I assume my only option is to put the same code in the forms unload event, is that correct? sample code below: Private Sub Method_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If Me.PersonCaseType Like "Mur*" And Me.PersonType = "Victim" Then If Is...