32-Bit platform to a 64-Bit platform access form

I have a form which I'm moving from my old server to a 64Bit server, I keep
getting the HTTP 500 error, "cannot display the page". In the program (name.
asp) I had change the Provider

"MSDASQL;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\
VirtualDirectories\CompanyPortal\Forms\Progam\ProgramName.mdb;"

And I had dowload the 64 bit driver MSDASQL, But it still not working. Do I
need to convert the Access database to SQL and use a SQL ODBC  connection?

0
Nupe02

At this moment, all drivers/providers for Access/JET are exclusively 32 bit,
so you cannot access an Access/JET database from the 64 world; including if
you try to use the 64 bit MSDASQL provider to etablish a connection between
an ADO client (your ASP application) and an ODBC client.

First, in your case, for performance reason, as you are working with ADO,
you shouldn't use the MSDASQL Provider to call an ODBC provider and instead,
directly use the OLEDB Provider of Access/JET.

However, switching the provider will change nothing to your fundamental
problem; for which you have only three workable solutions:

1- Switch the IIS web server to run in the 32 bit mode instead of running in
the 64 bit mode.

    If your application is an ASP.NET application and not an ASP Classic
application, you'll have to switch it too.  To know how to performe these
steps, see the following article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894435

2- or convert Access to SQL-Server.

3- Install the 32 bit version of SQL-Server Express and use it as a proxy
between IIS and your Access database.

Needless to say that the first one is the most easy of all three.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform

"Nupe02" <u56284@uwe> wrote in message news:9f4e7dcf5a72b@uwe...
>I have a form which I'm moving from my old server to a 64Bit server, I keep
> getting the HTTP 500 error, "cannot display the page". In the program
> (name.
> asp) I had change the Provider
>
> "MSDASQL;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};
> DBQ=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\
> VirtualDirectories\CompanyPortal\Forms\Progam\ProgramName.mdb;"
>
> And I had dowload the 64 bit driver MSDASQL, But it still not working. Do
> need to convert the Access database to SQL and use a SQL ODBC  connection?

0
Sylvain

32 bit and 64 bit OS
1. WinCE 4.2 is 32 bit 2. WinCE 5.0 and WinCE 6.0 is 64 bit OS. My question Are A. most of the Micro in RISC Arch. are 32 bit. Is there any advantage of using 64 bit OS with 32 bits Micro ? B. Is it possible to compile WinCE 5.0 and WinCE 6.0 as 32 Bit OS ? (I mean any compilation option) C. Any Application wich is compiled in 32 bit environment is it be possible to run in WinCE5.0 and WinCE 6.0 On Apr 15, 7:40=A0pm, S3c2410_invader <S3c2410inva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > 1. WinCE 4.2 is 32 bit > 2. WinCE 5.0 and WinCE 6.0 is 64 bit OS. > &...

Problem with macros in Access 2000 on Windows XP
I am experiencing a problem with send object macro's in Access 2000 since my pc was upgraded to Windows XP. The macro runs but just stops with no error. When this happens NO macro's will run in Access2000. I must close Access2000 and re-open and then I can run the macro. This happens even if I create a new macro, still can not run it until I close out of Access and re-open....It's making me crazy....Any Ideas???? Meg Hi, Meg. > The macro runs but just stops > with no error. That's one of the problems with macros. There's no error handling. If you convert th...

access 2000
I am trying to set up a database using access 2000, but I am not sure where to get any help from. It all seems very confusing. Can someone please help Right here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010423431033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sharon" <Sharon @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13E3F4BE-8AE4-4D32-82B4-46C06EAC8E04@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a database using access 2000, but I am not sure where > to get any help from. It all seems very con...

Crystal Reports and 64 bit
Hi, First I want to apology if this is not the right place to ask. Please advice me where to move my question if this group is not the appropriate place. I've a .net 2.0 Windows Forms application that uses some COM components that are for 32bit only so I've set my target cpu to x86. My application uses also Crystal reports. My question is which version of the crystal reports redistributable should I use for 64 bit Windows installations - the 32, 64bit or maybe both? Thanks in advance. ...

Can't access pst file
I had a problem with my computer which the computer guru resolved. Now I can't access Outlook. The program opens but it cannot access my files. I would think there should be some place where you can find out how to log into these lparticular "pst" files but I can't find it. I only use two or three names and passwords so I could get in if only it gave me the opportunity. Anybody know the cure?????? If you know where your .PST files are, you should be able to open them from within Outlook using File | Open. What version of Outlook are you using? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MV...

Un-Provision Project Server Web Access
I am following some instructions on how to uninstall Project Server. The first step is to un-provision PWA instances. Does anyone know what is meant by un-provision in this situation? This is the link that I am working with http://projectserverblogs.com/?p=3480. Thanks. Hi Holly, Un-provision typically means removing the PWA instance. To do so: 1. go to Central Admin and choose the Project Server SSP 2. Select Manage Project We Access Sites 3. Select the PWA instance you want to un provision, select Delete from the context menu. Regards, Alex. "Holly Quinn&...

How can I replace data in excel ?...Data positionsis a bit complic
Hello, I have in a cell : 250-PSA-AD46 I would like to replace 250 & AD46 by a space and keep the dashes and PSA in the middle. That was an example of the data I have ..Generically I would like to keep the data no matter what it is in the middle, and replace the others by a space!!! Thx ...a lot!!! Lets say your data is in cell A1: =REPLACE(REPLACE(A1,1,3,),6,4, -- renega ----------------------------------------------------------------------- renegan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1045 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

Access all Mailboxes
after updateing to Exchange 2003 the Admin account cant access all mailboxes I have chaged the registry to show the M drive Now i want to access with administrator account all inboxes on this drive. I have changed the settings in exch admin, but it doesnt works. with ex2k i can do this which setting must i change to enable acces? -- Gruss Hannes www.asp-konferenz.de - 11.-13. Februar 2004 in M�nchen Der Erfinder von ASP.NET Scott Guthrie h�lt die Keynote www.ppedv.de Company Site See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821897 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips,...

32 bit process & 64 bit driver, 32/64 bit pointer?
Hi, I am using MmMapLockedPagesSpecifyCache function to map my device memory RAM to user area. It is not a security conernt to me to do by this method. I want to support this for a 32 bit application, calls 64 bit driver(64 bit system), I am taking care of 32 bit process detection, In this case, if i uses above function, it returns a PVOID, I am not sure, will get a 32/64 bit pointer, but PVOID is 64 bit in 64 bit system? Is there any way to request only 32 bit User pointer from this API? Any coversion of mapping 64 bit userarea pointer to 32 bit different user area pointe...

Cannot access Settings areas
I am using the MS CRM 90 day trial. I have been set up as a System Administrator and a System Customizer. However, the Settings tab does not appear and when I select Settings through the Go To task bar it has no effect. I am accessing through the web, not the Outlook client. -- Briony Do you have Outlook open aswell? If so, try closing it. Jo Savidge "Briony" wrote: > I am using the MS CRM 90 day trial. I have been set up as a System > Administrator and a System Customizer. However, the Settings tab does not > appear and when I select Settings through the Go T...

Microsoft Outlook Web Access Loading Mailbox problem
Dears, when accessing any of the mailboxes via Microsoft Outlook Web,it keeps loading messages but it doesn't show any of them, any idea? I am using Microsoft SBS 2000 Server. Thanks, M.S.Ibrahim Are you testing from an internal machine or from the internet? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:060901c3d381$86569910$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dears, > when accessing any of the mailboxes via Microsoft Outlook > Web,it keeps loading messages b...

Convert Access 2003 app to 2007, what to expect?
I have shied away from Access 2007 because frankly it looks to be pretty screwed up for developer types, and clients of developer types. However one client is migrating to Office 2007 so I have to deal with converting the application. I am considering keeping it in 2003 as a runtime, sagekey says the the new version of their software can accomodate. But if I were to move the app to Access 2007, what should I expect? The app uses an activex control for email communication and I'll ask the vendor (codestone, they are excellent) about this. Backend is simple mdb, front end mdbs are li...

How do I access auto text in Publisher
I am creating a newsletter and the temp;late includes text fields that show the volume, issue and date. How do I access and change this data? Click on the text box? Are you having problems doing this? If you want to insert the date, click the date text box, on the toolbar, insert, date and time. The volume and issue you will have to do manually. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Joes" <Joes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D527F949-C190-4437-8B84-8B2AE1DAA9A5@microsoft.com... >I am c...

Access coding standards- would you ever release an Access application that failed to compile completely?
I'm in the process of taking over an Access application that was developed by someone else. Not my favorite work, but the client is a friend. The front end is Access and the back end is SQL 2000. When I looked at the existing application, I discovered that it fails to compile. There appear to be a number of forms and reports where the code references non-existent controls. There may be other issues also, but I got tired of commenting out invalid code and quit trying to get it to compile. I suggested the client contact the original programmer, who is still working on this project, an...

Vista 64-bit System Lockups; Sager NP9262 Notebook; Bluetooth Mous
I have a 1.5 year old install of Vista 64-bit on a Sager NP9262 Notebook that has been experiencing real system lockups on occasion (intermittently). I use IE8 and Mail. Vista is up to date. The wireless mouse is a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000. On all occasions I can think of one of two things happening to cause a system lockup. I move the mouse around and click on something. Immediately the system locks up--no clock second hand, no touchpad mouse, one or more fans pick up speed but not full bore. Or, I'm in the middle of a download for several minutes and w...

accessing CRM Reports outside domain
Hi, if a crm web site is published to some exteral url like(crm.xyz.com) and when we try to access reports , usually it doest run reports with success .We always get error (resouce not found).. I believe that we need to publish the Default web site where we have the virtual directories of reports. But would there be two different Url ? one for accessing CRM and one for accessing Reports? Is there any way , we can access reports inside CRM without logging on to domain? Example non-production: I can access Reports outside domain by typing something like (http:// 10.xx.xx.xxx/Reports/Page...

Web access 04-26-05
I FINALLY got CRM installed and seemingly functional. The CRM webiste is installed to its own website with a host header of crm. This means I should be able to access it by http://crm.mycompany.com. I can't do this. I can only access it on the server itself using http://crm. I suppose this is a DNS issue? I tried adding a DNS record but it didn't seem to help. Once I get into it on the server everything works. I can add users and do all the things I need to do. It's just trying to access it using the full url that I have a problem. Any suggestions would be apprecia...

Accessing/Referencing PictureBox content
Hi all, I'm trying to find out how you reference the contents of a picturebox so it can be used. For instance, My code is VB.Net which opens powerpoint with a blank slide. Instead of referencing a fixed file to add to a slide i.e: Const sPic = "C:\ *.jpg" I basically need: Const sPic = "Picturebox" Any help with this mater would be extremely appreciated. Regards, Naro25 ...

Access 2002 crashes when using Access 2000 DB
I have a client for whom I've created a fairly extensive database (around 30 tables, lots of queries, forms, reports) that works fine in Access 2000 (on a client PC running Windows 98 and on my computer running Windows XP Pro). When they use the database in Access 2002, adding data to a new record crashes MS Access ("program died - do you want to send a message to Microsoft about this error?"). This happens consistently both at the client's site and on one of our computers (in both cases running Windows XP Pro and Office XP). Before this week the client was getting a...

DAO, Access, default value?
Here's the code (which I execute against the Access database): //Create Kund table CString SQLCTKund = "CREATE TABLE Kund (ID COUNTER NOT NULL, Kundnr LONG NOT NULL, Butiksnr LONG NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, Namn VARCHAR NOT NULL, Banknr NUMBER NOT NULL, Kontonr VARCHAR NOT NULL, Adress TEXT, Postnr NUMBER, Ort VARCHAR, Vxl YESNO NOT NULL, Best YESNO NOT NULL, Inl YESNO NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT pk_Kund PRIMARY KEY (ID), CONSTRAINT unique_Kund UNIQUE (Kundnr, Butiksnr))"); daoDatabase->Execute(SQLCTKund); DAO says Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement. I think it has to do with t...

command button
i have used office access 2000 and 2003 and used command buttons sucessfully for many years. since i have purchased office access 2007 and using win vista i have had problems. using the command button wizard, i click " open the form and find specific data to display" and press next.. i then select the the fields from primary table and link table and link using < - > to show matching fields and click next. using form 1 [ primary table data ] , i highlight the specific record that i want to view the detail on the linked table. no matter what record i select, it a...

Publisher 2003 #32
Is it possible to switch of the 'feature' that automatically splits a word that is too long with a hyphen? Many thanks Tools, language, hyphenation... If you want to permanently turn on hyphenation as the default, tools, options, edit tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ChrisB" <chis@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23kzoEBmqFHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to switch of the 'feature' that automatically splits a word that is > too long with a hyphen? &...

Access Exchange 2003 from another domain through trust relationship.
We currently have windows NT domain and exchange 5.5 in main office. The branch office has its own domain. The user from branch office access email through trust relationship. I have question about if I move on to windows 2003 Active Directory/Exchange 2003. The branch office want to keep its own forest. Is any way they can access email by using Microsoft outlook as we do in windows NT environment. I know OWA is one way, but we want to use MS outlook. Shouldn't be a problem except for one thing. You'll have to have an account for the branch office user in both forests. The...

Error 554- Relay Access Denied when sending e-mail
While visiting the UK I loaded AOL onto my laptop to facilitate internet connection. Ever since my outgoing emails return a System Administrator message saying "554<recipient@domain.com>:Relay access denied. I have Norton Anti-Virus installed and scanning outgoing e-mail. Can anyone assist me in sorting out this problem? Thanks, Miryam Whose SMTP server are you trying to use for outbound mail, and are you authenticating to it in your Internet Mail account settings if need be? Not sure from your post if you mean that this problem only occurs while connected via AOL. Miryam wr...

regsitration form
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed office 2008 hoem and student version on mac os x 10.6 snow leopard. I tried to registrate the software but the windows was frezzing without doing anything, despite the office componenets were working. I upgraded using its menu and after the upgrading now office is not working anymore saying that the serial number is not correct. What should I do? thanks On 9/21/09 2:56 AM, in article 59b7ced2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Carloferr@officeformac.com" <Carloferr@officeformac.com> wrote: &g...