#Error error in Form

Hi,

I have a database in MS Access 97 which has a form consisting mainly
of "Memo" fields. It is accessed by a number of people. Every now and
then, if the database is left open or sometimes upon closing it and
reopening it, it corrupts some of the fields on the form and displays
#Error in the field instead of the actual text.

You can then no longer edit any field on the form nor can you edit any
field from the back-end in the table linked to the form. You cannot
even copy the record directly from the table and paste it back in
after removing the #Error message.

As a result, you have to copy each field manually to MS Excel - delete
the #Error message and paste it back into the table. The previous
record is corrupted and hence has to be deleted. Is there any way
round this problem i.e how to make sure we don't get this #Error
message as trying to resolve it by copying to Excel etc. is quite a
tedious task.

Thanks !!
0
Suyash

There was a bug in earlier versions of Access 97 where memo fields were
corrupted, but it was fixed in the service packs. What service pack do you
have? Open Access, and choose About on the Help menu.

If you do not see "Access 97 SP2, then download it from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=befd7842-602e-42b0-89d2-6be39f1167c1&DisplayLang=en

It would also be a good idea to ensure you have the latest JET 3.5 SP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172733

If you do have SP2 applied, it should not be corrupting like that. If the
data is being read across the network, you may have a connection dropping
out.

For general suggestions on how to avoid corruption, follow through each of
the items in this article that apply to your version:
    Preventing Corruption
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-25.html

"Suyash" <suyash.nathani@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I have a database in MS Access 97 which has a form consisting mainly
> of "Memo" fields. It is accessed by a number of people. Every now and
> then, if the database is left open or sometimes upon closing it and
> reopening it, it corrupts some of the fields on the form and displays
> #Error in the field instead of the actual text.
>
> You can then no longer edit any field on the form nor can you edit any
> field from the back-end in the table linked to the form. You cannot
> even copy the record directly from the table and paste it back in
> after removing the #Error message.
>
> As a result, you have to copy each field manually to MS Excel - delete
> the #Error message and paste it back into the table. The previous
> record is corrupted and hence has to be deleted. Is there any way
> round this problem i.e how to make sure we don't get this #Error
> message as trying to resolve it by copying to Excel etc. is quite a
> tedious task.
>
> Thanks !!

0
Allen

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Create 2nd form using totals from 1st form
I have a main form called an invoice form where a user enters in information into Access regarding an invoice such as Invoice #, Invoice date, Vendor, etc. There is also a subform embedded in the Invoice form that shows lawyer details such as hours, rates, and projects and calculates a total amount per lawyer. My problem is I need another form which groups by invoice # the total fee amount per project, NOT per lawyer - and allows the user on this form to code the fees to a specific department and account so that the invoice can get paid. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I ...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

Auto Fill in Continuous Form
I am using Access 2003 I have a subform that lists employees by name. The data source for that subform is from an "Index" table that lists all employees. There are usually a total of at least 14 employees in the Index, and every day a new entry is started with this form having to list all 14 employees. Right now, instead of going down the list and entering each of the 14 employees, I hard code the filling in of the list with a "Value" (Employee = "Smith"). DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext Employee= "Smith" DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext ...

error 0x800CCC0F

4.4.7 error

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

how to install .oft files (forms) on a Clustered Exchange?
Hi All I have Exchange 2000 cluster active/passive. How does I install Outlook forms (.oft) files on a Clustered Exchange? Thank you, Jack Black ...

Re: Money 2004

Printing out multiple files from a form
I have a table, tDistrictSub, in Access 2003 that contains various pieces of information. The relevant fields in this table for this problem are: DistrictIncidentNum - the pk (always a 9-digit number, then a dash, followed by another 9 digit number) DistrictIncidentID - the 9-digit number in front of the dash from above I also have a table, tAttachments, that has the following fields: AttachmentID - the pk (autogenerated) DistrictIncidentNum - linked to tDistrictSub Attachment - contains the filename of an attachment. I've created a form, fDistrictSub, that lists information for any...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...