How do I turn off. Accent marks in an Access Database.

I have a drop down box that locates records from the dropdown in the main form.

This is the code that was put in via Access when I selected the MS options.

 Dim rs As Object

    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    rs.FindFirst "[NameLn1] = '" & Me![Combo104] & "'"
    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark

I have a business customer that the drop down box will not find.

    HD's Pizza Cafe

I get an end/debug error when this customers name is selected and no record
is selected.

I noticed that the db added the accent mark when I typed in the last
character.

I then went into the properties and turned off the autocorrect feature.  It
does not now add the accent mark but it will still not find this one record.

access.developers.toolkitode 30 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Those aren't access marks: they're quotes.

Because your customer name includes single quotes, you need to use caution
when enclosing the text in single quotes.

Use either

rs.FindFirst "[NameLn1] = """ & Me![Combo104] & """"

(that's three double quotes in front, and four double quotes after)

or

rs.FindFirst "[NameLn1] = '" & Replace(Me![Combo104], "'", "''") & "'"

Expanded for clarity, this second one is

rs.FindFirst "[NameLn1] = ' " & Replace(Me![Combo104], " ' ", " ' ' ") & " '
"

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Dwight" <Dwight @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a drop down box that locates records from the dropdown in the main
>form.
>
> This is the code that was put in via Access when I selected the MS
> options.
>
> Dim rs As Object
>
>    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
>    rs.FindFirst "[NameLn1] = '" & Me![Combo104] & "'"
>    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
>
> I have a business customer that the drop down box will not find.
>
>    HD's Pizza Cafe
>
> I get an end/debug error when this customers name is selected and no
> record
> is selected.
>
> I noticed that the db added the accent mark when I typed in the last
> character.
>
> I then went into the properties and turned off the autocorrect feature.
> It
> does not now add the accent mark but it will still not find this one
> record.

Douglas
3/7/2010 5:48:38 PM
"Dwight" <Dwight @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a drop down box that locates records from the dropdown in the main
>form.
>
> This is the code that was put in via Access when I selected the MS
> options.
>
> Dim rs As Object
>
>    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
>    rs.FindFirst "[NameLn1] = '" & Me![Combo104] & "'"
>    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
>
> I have a business customer that the drop down box will not find.
>
>    HD's Pizza Cafe
>
> I get an end/debug error when this customers name is selected and no
> record
> is selected.
>
> I noticed that the db added the accent mark when I typed in the last
> character.
>
> I then went into the properties and turned off the autocorrect feature.
> It
> does not now add the accent mark but it will still not find this one
> record.

Zachyboy
3/12/2010 9:56:49 PM
HD's   pizza   cafe   i  have  never   been   there
"Dwight" <Dwight @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a drop down box that locates records from the dropdown in the main
>form.
>
> This is the code that was put in via Access when I selected the MS
> options.
>
> Dim rs As Object
>
>    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
>    rs.FindFirst "[NameLn1] = '" & Me![Combo104] & "'"
>    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
>
> I have a business customer that the drop down box will not find.
>
>    HD's Pizza Cafe
>
> I get an end/debug error when this customers name is selected and no
> record
> is selected.
>
> I noticed that the db added the accent mark when I typed in the last
> character.
>
> I then went into the properties and turned off the autocorrect feature.
> It
> does not now add the accent mark but it will still not find this one
> record.

regan
4/8/2010 6:00:10 PM
hi
0
derick

Sample database error starting website
Hello, We are trying to install CRM with the sample databases. When we try to open the localhost in order to add the 5 users we get an error. The errNum is 0x80040E40. Anyone some help? When we try to add an user through the Deployment manager we get an "You don't have sufficient security privileges..." "See your system administrator" Well I am the SysAdmin. I fact I'm logged in as Administrator. Trying to use a different user with all the admin privileges gives an error starting the deployment manager in the first place.. Regards, Arno Is there any info in ...

Move IMAP Deleted Messages to Folder Rathern Than Mark For Deletion
I'm using Microsoft Outlook XP to check an IMAP account. When I delete a message, the message is marked for deletion and a red line appears through it. I'd like to change Outlook's behavior so that it moves the message to the Deleted Items folder of the IMAP account, instead. I can't find where to make that setting change, though. Surely this is possible? -Remo Del Bello In message <<BBD50191.38A70%remo@mac.com>> Remo Del Bello <remo@mac.com> did ramble: >I'm using Microsoft Outlook XP to check an IMAP account. When I delete a >message, the mess...

MS Access Database window
My database window is having a problem and I am not sure what is triggering the problem, I have tested it different ways, but unable to make it re-occur delibertly. I select a table and it freezes on the selection. If I try to use the scroll bar on the database window it will not scroll. If I double click the scroll bar it will open the selected table. I can use the arrow key to move to another table but the scroll bar is still not operable. If I use the Alt Tab and come back to the database the scroll bar will function again. It is inconsistent the way it works. Any ideas what is...

excel formula to access code
Can anybody help me convert this excel formula to access code: =IF('HF Performance 1'!F19="N/A","N/A",(1+(1+'HF Performance 1'! F19)^(1/12)-(1+0.25%)^(1/12))^12-1) I know I need to change the 'HF Performance 1'!F19 to the field needed [field], but what about the (1+....??? <timtam1096@cox.net> a �crit dans le message de news:f39ffaa9-9f09-4d70-8778-f48e4a484c44@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Can anybody help me convert this excel formula to access code: > =IF('HF Performance 1'!F19="N/A","N/A",(1+(1+'...

Access 2007
I have Access 2007 running on Vista. I have recently started receiving this message when I try to open a report: "There is not enough memory to update the display. Close unneeded programs." I have run these reports frequently in the past without any error problem. I get the message even though Access is the only program that I have open. I would appreciate any recommendations on how to resolve this problem. -- John ...

Moving MTA Database - X.400 properties - Exchange SP1
Configuration: W2K3 Datacenter Cluster Exchange 2003 SP1 After installing SP1 for Exchange we controlled all parameters. All looks very good BUT when we controlled the location of the MTA database using the general tab in the x.400 properties there is a fault: The RPC-Server is not avaible Einrichtung: Win32 ID-Nr.: 800706ba Exchange-System-Manager We controlled the registry : ok RPCPING: ok RPCCFG: Using default port setting Using default selective bindings settings Has anyone an idea how to fix the problem? Thanks Andi ...

Erratic access of MDB over network
Hi there, I get the following error using Access ODBC drivers: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. My setup ------------- - 3 PCs connected as peers in a network (just a workgroup) - 1 NAS (Network storage is ReadyNAS) on the same network - All 3 PCs can "see the" NAS. So, I just type the IP of the NAS in explorer and the contents of the NAS pop up. - ...

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Issues when Opening Access 2000 database in Access 2007
I wonder if there is a place where I can find hints about reasons a database built for AC2000 might behave differently when opened in Access 2007, and how to troubleshoot them. Here are a few of the issues I have seen (not counting the obvious "trust" issue): 1. A line of code in a Private Sub Form_Open procedure: If (Me.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0) Then Me.cmb_Group.ListIndex = 0 works fine in Access 2000, but generates an Error 7777 (improper use of ListIndex property) in Access 2007. 2. A control on a form which does a rather complex IIf computation (based on mult...

AutoCorrection works in Word but not Access
We recently upgraded to Office 2003. Our users in Fire Prevention have several codes set up in AutoCorrect. They work in Word but in Access, after the first or second code, they stop. Any suggestions? We generally advise turning AutoCorrect off. It very often mangles good data. Try typing "MU" (University of Michigan) for example and it will be changed to "My" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Miami" <Miami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94965B32-17A2-473B-99F8-759...

using checkmark symbol shows only # not check mark Excel 2003
I am using the Dingbat font. All stars and other symbols are OK, however, when I use the checkmark, or X symbol it only inserts the a number and not the symbol. Thanks. check the obvious - is the column wide enough ? otherwise what have you actually got in the cell ? Steve On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 09:36:02 +0100, Michael Abraham = <MichaelAbraham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using the Dingbat font. All stars and other symbols are OK, howev= er, > when I use the checkmark, or X symbol it only inserts the a number and= = > not > the symbol. Thanks. ...

Accessing bookmarks in Word from Access
I have developed some code in a 'test' database to go through the bookmarks in a Word document and process the content. This code compiles/works successfully. When I copy/paste the code into the application that I want to use it in, I get a compile error of variable not defined and the word "FormField" is highlighted in the code below. I have checked the References used in both databases and they match. Does anyone have any ideas on what else could be wrong? For Each FormField In myWordDoc.Bookmarks On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:25:02 -0800, Rose B <RoseB@d...

Mailbox Access Rights
In exchange 2000 is there a way to allow the admin account to have access to all mailboxes? I have gone into 'Exchange Advanced' tab in AD and selected 'Mailbox Rights' but it seems to be inheriting rights from somewhere else. For administrator, 'Full Mailbox Access' is set to 'deny' and it cant be changed. I am logged on as administrator when I'm trying to do this so I should have full rights to change it surely? XADM: How to Get Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262054 -- Hope that helps, Dan T...

Frequent Lock Ups with Access 2007
We have a networked database, split into front and back ends. It is used throughout the day usually by one or two users, but another occasional user will join in. This application was used fine in the current setup under Access 2002/2003 and brought over as-is to Access 2007. No areas of functionality are suffering and the use of the application has not changed at all except that it will slow down at times and lock up several times per day. Waiting ten minutes has brought no resolution, and the app responds snappily when it is not locking up. This database has older-style security on i...

How to turn off editing after I have created a spreadsheet with macros
I have created a spreadsheet with macros and when I call the spreadsheet up on another computer and I click on the buttons I created it takes me to viusal basic to edit. How do I turn this off so I can run the macros? If you need more info please email me. I have tried it on 3 computers and one of the computers will run the macros, but the rest just go into what I call edit mode instead of running the macros. Any help would really be appreciated.--Gary ...

Access coding standards- would you ever release an Access application that failed to compile completely?
I'm in the process of taking over an Access application that was developed by someone else. Not my favorite work, but the client is a friend. The front end is Access and the back end is SQL 2000. When I looked at the existing application, I discovered that it fails to compile. There appear to be a number of forms and reports where the code references non-existent controls. There may be other issues also, but I got tired of commenting out invalid code and quit trying to get it to compile. I suggested the client contact the original programmer, who is still working on this project, an...

Access Hotmail thru Outlook 2000 Using Windows 2000
How? Please describe step by step, i could not visit internet-link Murtaza You can't - only Outlook 2002 and later can use Hotmail accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Murtaza asked: | How? | | Please describe step by step, i could not visit internet-link | | Murtaza How about Outlook Express 5? "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]&quo...

Free Trial Ver Money/Purchased Essentials/Can't Access info entere
Help! I had been using the free trial version for about a month and a half and decided to purchase Essentials. I downloaded, installed, and brought it up after I installed it. Everything looked good. Today I tried to use Money and got the error message "Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money." Are they kidding? I spent hours getting all my information lined up so I could use Money and once I buy it, I can't access what I entered? Someone please help! I'm desperate! -- JD In microsoft.public.money, JD wrote: >Help! I had been using t...

Access 2000 crashes while developing in a Thin client environment
I have a database that when we go into the design of a form and make changes it often crashes either on save or on close. It seem to work ok on a stand alone PC but when we transffer it to Thin client environment it starts happening. Has anybody come accross this issue and is there a known answer? ...

Remote access Outlook 2000 and Exchange Server
I have set up off-line folders and two profiles, home and office. My question is - when I am working from home, I want to dial up via my modem and access the office Exchange server and download new messages into the same 'in box' folder as all my office mail is held. Or is eac profile completely separate with separate in box folders ? And if it is possible to use the same folder for office and home, how do I do it? Many thanks Colin ...

hrESERestoreComplete fails with ese specific error "Database Name Provided is invalid"
hi, I have been developing a small backup app to backup and restore exchange server, after successfull backup, Trying to restore the backup set, I got the error "Database Name Provided is invalid." How do I get away with this... Thanx in advance regards deena On 4 Aug 2006 00:14:08 -0700, tsgd84@gmail.com wrote: >hi, > >I have been developing a small backup app to backup and restore >exchange server, after successfull backup, Trying to restore the backup >set, I got the error "Database Name Provided is invalid." > >How do I get away with this... ...

Problem access variable in On Format
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am trying to format the Zip Code on the detail line of my report. I have tried the following lines of code in both the On Format event and the On Print event: If len([PostalCode]) > 5 Then : : end if or if len(Me.PostalCode) > 5 Then : : end if In both events and either code, I receive the error message: Access can't find the field 'PostalCode' referred to in your expression. If I put "PostalCode" as the source of the report's control...

Access- How to log which user has modified access db?
Hi All, We have one MS Access database, which is being shared/accessed by number of users at the same moment. Few of them are admin users too who can perform update/delete/insert operations too. Now we have a requirement to log which users has perform which update operations. Is there some way, can you please advise. Thank you so much in advance, Best regards, Sunil Somani If you have User Level security enabled, you can add a column to each table and call the CurrentUser() function and add that user in the before update event of the form. Without that, you can use t...

Best way to access data outside MS-CRM
Hi, What's the best way to access from inside MS-CRM, data related to example stock information which is stored in another SQL Database. Import routines are not an options, as that has to be real-time. Thanks Taja, Create an ASP page to present the data. When you use the ISV.config to add the button to load the form, you can pass the ID of the current record. Stephen "Taja" <taja2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ugIJujQwEHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > What's the best way to access from inside MS-CRM, data related to example >...

Accessing the "due by" field in BCM #2
I would like to print reports based on the "due by" date of the followup flag, but despite dates being set, reports/views with the field set always show as a value of "none", suggesting that the field I access in a view is different to that with the same name where the date is stored within the followup flag. ...