year conversion in date fields eg 1900 to 2000

I moved a existing database from foxpro to access 2000.
The dates in foxpro had a 2 digit year and when brought in
to access it converted them to 1900 (eg. 11/12/00 to
11/12/1900 instead of 11/12/2000).  Is there a way in
access to convert (replace) only the year of vaious dates
to another year. If this is not possible is there a way to
prevent this while converting?

thanks alex
0
alex

An update query can work for this.

Something like this:

UPDATE TableName SET [DateFieldName] =
DateAdd("yyyy", 100, [DateFieldName])
WHERE Year([DateFieldName]) = 1900;

--
       Ken Snell
<MS  ACCESS MVP>

"alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I moved a existing database from foxpro to access 2000.
> The dates in foxpro had a 2 digit year and when brought in
> to access it converted them to 1900 (eg. 11/12/00 to
> 11/12/1900 instead of 11/12/2000).  Is there a way in
> access to convert (replace) only the year of vaious dates
> to another year. If this is not possible is there a way to
> prevent this while converting?
>
> thanks alex

0
Ken

Append to date & time
I have a date field that currently has only the month, day and year. I would like to add the time to it as well. The input to the append does not have the time. Can I format a time and have it as part of the date field? Thanks "Bunky" <Bunky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4CBD02C-FEBC-4395-B14E-27C35E4FC032@microsoft.com... >I have a date field that currently has only the month, day and year. I >would > like to add the time to it as well. The input to the append does not have > the time. Can I format a time and have it as part of the d...

How do you determine if a field is blank in a logical expression.
I am trying to utilize a logical expression to yield this result: If the field is blank return a value of no, if there is anything at all in the field return the value of yes. Basically, I am pulling data out of a database for a checklist. The user only cares if there is or is not data in that field. So I am trying to convert the data to a YES and a blank field to a NO. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thanks. Maybe... =if(a1="","no","yes") Van wrote: > > I am trying to utilize a logical expression to yield this result: > > If th...

Could I install MM Delux in the next year on the new maschine?
I thing my previous mail it the above subject gonne into the net:( So I reapet the question - my MM Delux Plus expires 11.10.2009. Could I install this MM on the new maschine in the nex year - I am goin go buy the new computer with Win 7. Greetings If you have available Activations you obtained prior to 6/30/2009 and activate prior to 1/31/2011, this is correct. Oh, and be sure and do an Internet Update to get the patches prior to 1/31/2011. One strategy I would recommend considering: install the M+ in a Win7 XP VPC VHD. Then protect that VHD file very carefully so that you might be a...

formatting date
Hey, is there any way to format this date 2005 so that it only shows the year number 5 thanks If you select the cells you want in date format, then right click on them and select Format Cells and select the "number" tab, then select Category, Date, you'll see all the date formats that come with XL. I used to know how to create custom date formats, but it's been so long, I don't remember how any more. ...

Overlay 4 years of data as a line on 4 years of columns for several x category labels
Dear Charting aficianados, The tutorial at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ClusterColAndLine.html is the closest example I can find to a charting conundrum I am facing, though what I am hoping to achieve is still a little different. I've made a mock up of what I'm hoping to achieve - though I have had to use drawing objects for the line series, to overlay on the columns - I'm sure there is a way to get excel to do this - do you think there is? (sheet named mock-up) A workbook with mocuk-up and my other charting attmempts can be found: http://www.savefile.com/files/2690840 T...

month & year format in two digits
Hi folks.... is this possible in excel that if I just type MM/YY without this "/" and it appears as MM/YY. For example if I type 0805 in the cell it should appears as 08/05 once entered. Help will be appreciated. Thanks Morphyus -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Morphyus C via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:5264F31820670@OfficeKB.com... > Hi folks.... > is this possible i...

Changing Date
My Outlook seems to be stuck on last Friday. When I have gotten a new message over the weekend, it still considers that it was received on Friday August 1, 2003 at the corresponding time. Has anyone ever experienced this? ...

Outlook client cannot contact exchange 2000
Hello All, I have an Exchange 2000 box that had a public IP. I changed the server to a static private IP. I set the client to a DHCP address on the same scope. After a reboot the outlook program cannot seem to find the server. If I do a "check name" it will resolve but will not connect. This issue is network wide; every machine is having the same issue. I can't seem to pin it down to anything specific. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Peretz Stern What method do you have for passwords on Outlook Advanced settings? If you set it to none, do the clients connect? ...

Great Plains:Field Service module:changing the content of the paged message
Hello, We are using MS Dynamics field service module. The service call entry program allows us to page technicians through this program. It provides us with a set format which we change manually. I am wondering if we can change this format automatically through some setup changes. Please help! Thanks, Atul EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com The message for the page is located in the Stored Procedure: SVC_Generate_Page_Msg. You could customize this format as you need to. -- Gary Neumann Field Service Series Designer/Architect "Atul K&quo...

Data Points regarding DATES
I have numerous graphs wherein the X Axis represents the DATE. When I scroll my mouse along the graph line (searching for data points), I often see the accompanying data as... Series 1 Point "39409" Value 209 instead of: Series 1 Point "22-Nov" Value 209 HOW CAN I AVOID THE REFERENCE ON THE DATA LINE FROM REFLECTING THE SERIAL NUMBER INSTEAD OF THE DATE ITSELF??? (such as "22-Nov".) Thanks, FLKulchar F Lawrence ...

Problems with Pivot Table Field Sorting in Excel 2002
I cannot get some data fields in pivot tables to appear in the "data source order". This option under advanced is greyed out for some reason. So everything gets sorted. Any suggestions? If you right-click on a field button, choose Field Settings, and click Advanced, that field should appear in the field list for sort order. Mike wrote: > I cannot get some data fields in pivot tables to appear > in the "data source order". This option under advanced is > greyed out for some reason. So everything gets sorted. > Any suggestions? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel...

Posting to prior years
I have the all years closed until 2006 (calendar year setup) Is there any way to post entries to 2003. This is requirement due to restatement of financials for prior years. Thanks Sunil The only way to accomplish this is to contact Microsoft Professional Services (you can do this through your GP Partner) and have them re-open your closed years. We've had them do this for a customer of ours - worked out very well. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "nfp" <nfp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD8C19D-BBCC-43BD-987E-3AC352...

Year to year comparison in Money 2003
Hello. I can't seem to generate a report that would allow me to do a year by year comparison of income and spending. I'd like to have all my categories in rows, with two columns for 2002 and 2003 next to one another. Any advice? I can't seem to figure out how to do two different time frames like that. Disregard. I figured it out. Would have been weird if it weren't possible. The Report section (print, lay-out, export to Excel) could be a little better. "Iron Flatline" <tiredofvirusspam@anonymousnewsgroupreader.org> wrote in message news:%23PqlM1I4DHA.1644...

exchange 2000 server urgente
chiedo aiuto in merito ho un dominio aziendale dove tutti i pc sono sotto dominio e sottostanno alle regole del dominio stesso. vengo al problema voglio installare un server exchange 2000 tramite small business server pero' mi capita questo: dopo tutta l' istalllazione se provo acollegarmi da una qualunque macchina della rete con un ip fisso il pc mi vede il server di exchange e quindi si autentica e mi fa vedere la cassetta postale a me dedicata , ma se invece uso il collegamento in dhcp(quello usato di norma nella mia rete) allora il server exchange non mi riconosce e quindi n...

last downloaded date and balance
After I import my bank's OFX file, the balance and date under the "Downloaded:" title at the top left corner(while viewing my account), do not update to the most current information. I looked into my bank's OFX file. The XML seems have the necessary information to update the downloaded balance and date. It used to work before. It seems to have stopped updating after my bank changed formats from OFC to OFX. I am not sure though. Any help is highly appreciated. I am experiencing the exact same problem. Please let me know if you find a solution. >-----Original M...

Filtering Postmaster traffic based on recipient domain in a multi-domain Exchange Server 2000 environment
Can anyone recommend a simple solution for filtering emails sent to non-existant addresses to seperate catch-all mailboxs for each domain in a multi-domain Exchange Server 2000 environment Seen one solution but it relies on some heavy scripting and the postmaster accounts must each be on a different domain to that they operate for in order to avoid infinite loops Any better suggestions TIA "Bear" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone recommend a simple solution for filtering emails sent to non-existant addresses to seperate catch-all mailboxs for each...

2000 to 2003 uploading to html file
I can not find how to load to a web page, where in 2000 publisher I just slected that option now using 2003 and can not find that option.....I need to convert to html so that I can up load with MS Frontpage to my web site ???? Upload using frontpage ext so I can not use FTP uploads.....Help I guess I stated problem wrong, I need to find same option as in 2000, where you "save as a web page". what I would do is save it to a file, then open with Frontpage and upload. (this is saved as Html format so I have it on my disk as pub file and html file. I can not find this option to ...

You cannot mark this year as historical year as open year balances exist for it
Hi.. Actually While loading the Data , we didn't marked the Year 2003 as historical year. Hence , when we have loaded the 2003 GL data in the company , it has not transfered the balances to Year 2004. When we try to mark the year as historical year, it is giving the message that "You cannot mark this year as historical year as open year balances exist for it." Kindly suggest how to resolve this problem. Thanks Running the General Ledger Year-End Closing process for 2003 should bring the balances forward for 2004 and make 2003 an historical year. Before performing a y...

Duplicated date
Hi It's any function of queries to check then delete the duplicate date in one field? -rgds Mohsin -- Cheers Mohsin Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200710/1 You cannot 'delete' a field, you can delete the WHOLE record, but not a single field in a record. You can SET a field to a NULL value, though. If there is 'a', one, duplicate row, there are TWO of them. Unless you have some means to differentiate them somehow, any SQL statement would affect BOTH rows. So, basically, use an UPDATE query that wi...

Having a date column with just month and year
I have a database of publications in Access. I want to change the date published column to just month and year instead of the way it is now--date, month and year. We don't have exact dates books were published, so the date part doesn't really serve a purpose. But I can't find a way of doing this. I'm using Access 2003. Thanks, Suroor keep the data type as Date/Time, but then change the Format to: mm-yyyy that would store 01-2010, 02-2010, etc you can setup the format to whatever makes sense to you. yyyymm, yyyy- mm, mm/yyyy, mm-yy, etc. Thanks! ...

How to change backend field name & update queries, forms, etc ?
I need to change the field names in a table in a split database. How can I do this and have the queries & forms in the Front End pickup the new field name? or must I redo all the forms & queries in the Front End? thanks for any help. Mel I use 3rd party software. http://www.speedferret.com/speedferret.html -- -Matt Microsoft Certified Professional "MyEmailList@gmail.com" wrote: > I need to change the field names in a table in a split database. > > How can I do this and have the queries & forms in the Front End pickup > the new field name? > >...

Graph displaying dates alphabetically on x axis, not by date
Hello! Title says it all - I want the x axis to show dates in DATE ORDER, not alphabetical order. I've read thru the forum, can't see how to fix it - your help will be appreciated. Kind Regards, Russell. p.s. Here is the graph Row Source, should there be an ORDER BY statement in here? SELECT (Format([Date Paid],"mmm"" '""yy")) AS Expr1, Sum([Tenant Payments]. Amount) AS SumOfAmount FROM [Tenant Payments] GROUP BY (Format([Date Paid], "mmm"" '""yy")), [Tenant Payments].[Date Paid], (Year([Date Paid]...

Restoring a DC over a year old, Event 8012.
Hi, I never usually have any issues cloning a curretn DC, however I need to restore one that is over 1 year old for our Law team. I think it has something to do with a tomestone of 60 days on the System State, what can I do? I did think about changint the servers clock before restoring. Hello Whiteford, Is that the only DC in the network? Basically you will loose all configuration since then and also all computers have to be readded to the domain, because they loose there machine password. If you have additional DCs, forget the restore that way and better install ...

Dates
I am working on a spreadsheet that consists of a rolling 12 mont period. Once a month has passed how do I delete it and add a new mont to the 12 month period? Please help -- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have to provide more info on how your data is laid out. Tell us what you have and tell us what you want to have when the month changes. HTH Otto "erodri02" <erodri02.y6nsy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:erodri02.y6nsy@excelforum-nospam.com... > > I am working on a spreadsheet that consists of a rolling 12 month > period. Once...

Excel 2000 Requesting Filespec on Open
I have an Excel 2K workbook; I bollixed up one of its worksheets, so attempted to restore that single worksheet from a backup workbook on floppy. Now whenever I open the workbook, it seems to want to find that backup file on the A drive, giving me the filespec dialog if the drive is not available. I can't seem to find where Excel is getting the idea it needs the filespec. Is there a property setting somewhere that I need to change? TIA Peter Peter L. Reader, posting from sunny Portland, Oregon preader@pacifier.com --------------- Maybe there's a link in that workbook that points at...