Using Access Reports in other EXE file

Hello
I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97;
because of the easy way to build such reports.
Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access
reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual
Studio or even Delphi....

Thanks a lot for your suggestions

0
LLaurent

Hi.

Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot
Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from
Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files.  Access would not need to be installed on
the computer in order to view the snapshot reports.

The Snapshot Viewer is freely downloadable from Microsoft and can read
snapshot files created in Access 97 through 2003.  One may download the
Snapshot Viewer and both security patches from links on this Web page:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=DC&Query=snapshot+viewer

HTH.

Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips.

(Please remove ZERO_SPAM from my reply E-mail address, so that a message
will be forwarded to me.)

"LLaurent" <unknown@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97;
> because of the easy way to build such reports.
> Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access
> reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual
> Studio or even Delphi....
>
> Thanks a lot for your suggestions

If Access is installed on the machine in addition to the additional
application(s), you may be able to use Automation to launch the Access
reports.

ACC: How to Use Automation to Print Microsoft Access Reports:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=145707
ACC2000: How to Use Automation to Print Microsoft Access Reports
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210132
ACC2002: How to Use Automation to Print Microsoft Access Reports
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=296586
ACC: Using Microsoft Access as an Automation Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=147816
ACC2000: Using Microsoft Access as an Automation Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210111

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"LLaurent" <unknown@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97;
> because of the easy way to build such reports.
> Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access
> reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual
> Studio or even Delphi....
>
> Thanks a lot for your suggestions

0
Douglas

Reports issue #2
Hi all, I have two different CRM setups, and I'm running through the same issue. It's impossible to generate reports from CRM. Here are the configurations : 1) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0, and a windows server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 & Report Server 2) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 with Report Server Both Windows2k8 are domain controllers, and in the first setup the two servers are in the same domain. My report services are running with the network service account. When I want to get a report from CRM, I got the following message : "Reporting Error. The repor...

E-Mail Report
I see alot of answers to E-Mailing a report, but I can't find anything to send an E-Mail with the report data being in the body of the E'mail, I don't want to send the report as an attachement. Can this be done? Thanks DS ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Is there a way to export and save file properties for an Excel do.
Can this be done either in text or XML? ...

XmlTextReader and 2GB file limit
Are there any work arounds to get XmlTextReader to work with files bigger than 2GB? I tried to get the source of XmlTextReader and create a version with long (instead of int) offsets but I can't compile it due to package restrictions. Best wishes, Hugh McFadden hugh.mcfadden@visiongain.com Hugh McFadden wrote: > Are there any work arounds to get XmlTextReader to work with files bigger > than 2GB? I tried to get the source of XmlTextReader and create a version > with long (instead of int) offsets but I can't compile it due to package > restrictions. Sorry for lame qu...

using forms

Excel Display Errors in file
I have several excell 2000 documents that when opened, the first sheet in the workbook will display most of the data at around a size 72 font that will not show in the cell. All the other sheets in this workbook are fine. This also effects the column and row headings (A B C, 1 2 3). If I go to View > Zoom and zoom from the default of 75% to anything else, it fixes the problem. I can then zoom back to 75% and everything still looks fine. (Including row and column headings) The next time I open the file, the first sheet is still messed up. I have tried saving to web page and...

System Files
Hello, I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I am trying to create a bootable cd. Please advise. -- Mike Jessica@aol.com wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I > am trying to create a bootable cd. > > Please advise. First of all, I'll have to admit, I've never made a bootable CD from scratch myself. These are just a few bits and pieces I've noticed along the way. It is not simply a matter of "throwing" some files onto a CD. http...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

Permission for users to view/access GP 10 Business Portal
I need to know how to grant permissions for a user group to access/view/read all content of BP installed in a MOSS 2007 I created a group called "Dynamics BP User Group I" in Sharepoint web application (http://webportal - top level) All users in this group can access http://webportal OK Then I granted this group "READ - Can view only" access to BP site http://webportal/BP They got "an unexpected error occured" in return. Where else do I have to look into to give them the proper access? Thanks Bill ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

cloning canned smartlist report into smartlist builder
Hi, Can anyone tell me a way to clone a smartlist report into smartlist builder (so we can build upon that?) Thanks! There is no way to do this. You will have to recreate all the canned SmartLists in SLB. I wrote a product feedback to deliver the canned SmartLists as standard XML files that can be loaded and deployed into SmartLists a while aback and you can feel free to join in and vote to add this feature. https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamics/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=360762 Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maxi...

Snapshot Viewer will not open .snp file
We have a client that sends us .snp files as email attachments. We have Office 2007 installed on new Windows XP PCs. We have the Snapshot Viewer installed. When we attempt to open an .snp file, either from email or after saving attachment to the desktop, all we get is a blank Snapshot Viewer window. If we re-install the Shapshot Viewer we can then open one .snp file and then it reverts back to opening with a blank viewer window for subsequent ..snp files that are opened. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Susie Install a different Printer Driver for the workstations exhibiting ...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Using secured OMA

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?