use excel to manage Access table

I am trying to come up with a way to be able to modify
(add/change/delete) data in an access table through
Excel.  I still need to have a primary key in this table,
so linking the data doesn't work (and takes up too much
memory).  Is this possible?
0
shin

Hi

Do you have to use Excel? Why can you not use Access to enter data in an
Access database?

Immanuel Sibero

"shin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to come up with a way to be able to modify
> (add/change/delete) data in an access table through
> Excel.  I still need to have a primary key in this table,
> so linking the data doesn't work (and takes up too much
> memory).  Is this possible?

0
Immanuel
11/22/2003 1:18:42 AM
This is insanity.

0
Dorian

Excel slow to open a book, but fast empty
Cheers! My Excel 2002 has been working fine, but lately has got a problem: it is very, very slow when opening an xls file by clicking it. It is fast as it should when I open it empty from the start menu. If I create the simplest possible book by just typing something in one cell and saving it, opening it is still slow. Perhaps this format is easier: 0. Excel has been working as it should. 1. Fast when running from start menu, opening an empty book. 2. Slow when clicking an xls file, independent of book complexity. Excel comes up with a transparent main window, but with everything else visi...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Why does Excel lag Word in the simple stuff?
Like choosing the default file location in Office 2007? Like having to alter basic Windows parameters just to change the default type for comments? Little stuff that says a lot about the quality of Microsoft programming and interface design. For several versions Microsoft said it was impossible, personal correspondence, to have combo-boxes in Word forms without writing macros although they were coded into Access. Voila, combo-boxes achieve the impossible in Word 2007. Ya gotta love (or something opposite) those guys . . Either way you get to pay full OS prices for Vista SP3 aka Win 7. ...

Is there a way to export and save file properties for an Excel do.
Can this be done either in text or XML? ...

using forms

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

Excel Display Errors in file
I have several excell 2000 documents that when opened, the first sheet in the workbook will display most of the data at around a size 72 font that will not show in the cell. All the other sheets in this workbook are fine. This also effects the column and row headings (A B C, 1 2 3). If I go to View > Zoom and zoom from the default of 75% to anything else, it fixes the problem. I can then zoom back to 75% and everything still looks fine. (Including row and column headings) The next time I open the file, the first sheet is still messed up. I have tried saving to web page and...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Permission for users to view/access GP 10 Business Portal
I need to know how to grant permissions for a user group to access/view/read all content of BP installed in a MOSS 2007 I created a group called "Dynamics BP User Group I" in Sharepoint web application (http://webportal - top level) All users in this group can access http://webportal OK Then I granted this group "READ - Can view only" access to BP site http://webportal/BP They got "an unexpected error occured" in return. Where else do I have to look into to give them the proper access? Thanks Bill ...

Finding all table and fields that are involved in a one to many relation (on many side) with a given field
Hi, I have a master table, and several other tables that are related to this master through one to many relations. How can I find all tables and fields which are in relation with the primary key in the master table, on "many" side? I know I can extract this by querying views from INFORMATION_SCHEMA, but I don't know where exactly I can find this info Thank you One way Select op.name As ParentTableName, oc.name As ChildTableName, c.name As ChildColumnName From sys.foreign_key_columns kc Inner Join sys.objects op On kc.parent_object_id = op.object_id Inner Jo...

EXCELL Protection
There needs to be better protection on locked cells. It is possible to alter the formatting of a locked cell by pasting into the cell. Example pasting an entry copied from a % format into a currancy format changes the cell to %. This also follows with coulours etc. Secondly a formula in a locked cell can be corrupted by inadvertantly removing cells that it refers to and then replacing them. Mald Hi have you protected the sheet? (Tools - Protection') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mald wrote: > There needs to be better protection on locked cells. > > It is ...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

topographical data maps in excel
I have seen this done, and would like to know how to create topgraphical maps of data sets using excel. I want to take a sample of data ponts and plot the points (easy), than color the plot based upon the values of the points You seem to have been neglected by our community. Yes, it can be done, if I understand your intention correctly. The topography in your approach means, in a sense, the 3D chart. The first two of the three values defininig each point specify the x- and y-coordinates (like on a map); the third value is represented by prescribed colors or shades. You must have you...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

In Excel, how do I insert User Name (author) in a cell.
The function =CELL("filename",A1) returns a file name and sheet name in a cell. How can I obtain the User Name? You can write some VBA to do it. Sub Return_UserName() Sheets("sheet1").Range("A2").Value = Application.UserName End Sub -- Excel_Geek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26423 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398347 And to return just the filename (if you like) you can use this for...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Using secured OMA

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...