Upsizing with picture data

I am attempting to upsize a database from Access 2003 to SQL Server 2005
Express. All tables, indexes, relations, etc. are correctly upsized, except
one table refuses to cooperate.

This table is an OLE object field, which contains picture data. If I remove
this field, the table can be upsized. Apparently, the upsizing wizard is
unable to make the transition.

Is there a way around this dilema?

create the table with out the old field then create a append query and add
the field use the image data type.
now you can append the missing data

Hope this helps

"wschlichtman" <wschlichtman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am attempting to upsize a database from Access 2003 to SQL Server 2005
> Express. All tables, indexes, relations, etc. are correctly upsized,
> except
> one table refuses to cooperate.
>
> This table is an OLE object field, which contains picture data. If I
> remove
> this field, the table can be upsized. Apparently, the upsizing wizard is
> unable to make the transition.
>
> Is there a way around this dilema?

0
AL
9/13/2005 5:57:13 AM
Ohhhhh, I hate those simple answers (bang head on keyboard). Thanks Al.

"AL FINK" wrote:

> create the table with out the old field then create a append query and add
> the field use the image data type.
> now you can append the missing data
>
> Hope this helps
>
> "wschlichtman" <wschlichtman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am attempting to upsize a database from Access 2003 to SQL Server 2005
> > Express. All tables, indexes, relations, etc. are correctly upsized,
> > except
> > one table refuses to cooperate.
> >
> > This table is an OLE object field, which contains picture data. If I
> > remove
> > this field, the table can be upsized. Apparently, the upsizing wizard is
> > unable to make the transition.
> >
> > Is there a way around this dilema?

Sorting of data in excel 2003
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 11 sheets. they contain information by week and include 1 master sheet containing all data. the data are numbers e.g. account number. the spreadsheets are as follows august 1_10 august 11_20 august 31_30 going all the way to november. The numbers/data may occur on more than one sheet. my quesiton is what is the best way to show the duplicate number/data? macro? chart? thank you in advance. jon I think the best way is to just use that one master sheet. I'd insert a new column and use a formula something like this: =countif(a:a,a1) to see the u...

Watermark Picture
I can insert a picture and set its property to WaterMark. However, I can't get the image (picture) to go behind the worksheet fields. The image continues to stay ontop of the cells. How do you get the image to Go Behind the cells? Using the Send To Backgound right click option didn't work!!! Try this If you insert a Autoshape to your sheet you can place a picture in it(change transperancy to your needs) See Debra's site for how to do it with Comments(the same for a Auto shape) http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.ronde...

Pictures within disclaimer
Is it possible to add a picture or company logo as a default disclaimer on exchange 5.5? ...

Data not displayed in some Public Folder items
Hello, I have a problem with some items in a Public Folder. These items are posted using a form from the Organisation Forms. A while ago we had a problem where the form stopped working (sorry I don't know the details as I was not directly involved) and a new form was created and set up to be used in the folder. The problem is that the data contained in posts to the folder prior to the new form being published do not contain any data. The posts are still there and can be opened, but no data is shown other than the sender's name and the name of the public folder. I am guessing t...

Data Validation - Drop down lists
I have a spreadsheet with two tabs. The first is the working tab, the second is for lists. On the first page I have a drop down list. Is there a way to have a second drop down list that allows the list selection to change based on the choice made on the first list? I other words: If list A has a choice of Coke, Pepsi, or Dr.Pepper... is there a way to make the second drop down list change (between three corresponding lists) dependent on what soft drink the user chooses??? And if so, how do I do it? In lamens terms please, I am an intermidiate user. Thanks, Steve There are instruct...

sheet background picture
I am trying to get a background picture behind the carts on my excel sheet. I got to format, sheet, background and choose the background picture. It appears on the sheet....all is well. But when I go into print preview and then print, it doesn't show up. Can anyone help? Thanks! "Background" applies to the Screen Display only, not what can be printed; "Jane" <metaborland@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:002201c3d861$c3ef8ef0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to get a background picture behind the carts > on my excel sheet. I got to format, s...

Submit button Web form returning data
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel HELP!!!! I have built a form using word 2008 to be saved as a web page to return data to me when filled out. I go to insert and select HTML object. What do I type under Action, Encoding and method that allows the form to be emailed back to me. HELP am I in the right place. I simply need the info that is added in the web page to be sent to my email address. Thanks Well, the "Action" is "Post" and the "Encoding" can be anything you like, and the "Method" is the name of th...

Combobox data retrieval
I have a table called Students and a table called Days. I use the 'Days' table as a list showing the days in a combobox which is on a form. the idea being that the user selects from this drop down (due to time) list and selects the respective day. I then need this 'day' to be associated with the student. When I link it via row source the days appear in the drop down but cannot be selected. Is this a 'relationship' issue or can't it be done? Obviously doing something wildly wrong here, can anyone help please? Many thanks in advance. Martin Further to my prev...

Upsize to SQL ODBC error on rs!update
I upsized to SQL, linked all the tables and am testing each field. My db is comprised of an Access front end and two SQL BE db's (one for data, one for audit trail) The audit trail is populated by some vba. After the upsize, I added the dbOpenDynaSet and dbSeeChanges to get the audit code working. Now, it works on the mainform, but any subform audits come back with a 3146 ODBC runtime error and the debugger stops on the rs!update line of code. I'm still pretty new to the whole ODBC world and my vba is pretty rudimentary as well. Do I need to create a new workspace now ...

Sort data and have it skip everyother row when it is sorted
How can I sort my data in a column and have it a blank row between every entry First, I'd just increase the row height so that it looks like the rows are double spaced. (Inserting empty rows can screw up other things--pivottables, filters, charts... But if you want... Sort the data the way you want (we'll add the blank rows later) Find an empty column put 1 in the first row (with data) in that column Put 2 right under it. Now select those two cells and drag down the length of your data. You'll see a nice sequence of numbers--1 through the number of rows you need. Select tha...

How Do I Share Data Files?
I need to deploy an application which shares data among all users of a computer. I thought I could do that by putting the data file in the Common Application Data folder. However, that doesn't work because Vista is using virtualization to make a unique copy of the file for each user, so it isn't being shared. How do I deploy an application with shared data? Is there a document anywhere that describes the best practices for folder usage in Vista? -TC ...

Query to find a range of data
I am trying to figure out a way to have a query search between 2 separate fields that are both alpha/numeric. I am trying to match our Canadian offices with specific postal codes in Canada. Since there are so many postal codes in Canada the table was set up by ranges. The table is broken down by Province, City and Postal codes. The Postal codes are listed completely and they are also broken down into the 1st “3” and the 2nd “3” For example: (The field names are: Country, Province, City, 1st High, 2nd Low, Whole High, Whole Low, Office, BLDG) CA AB CALGARY T2Y T2Y 0A0 9Z9 ...

How do I strip out some parts of a column of text data?
I have a column of text data, which happens to be 11 characters wide. I want to strip the right-most 6 characters out of the entire column, without having to do each cell one at a time. For example I want to to from this data: 2039 041175 to this data: 2039 for all 350 or so rows of data in the column on the Excel sheet. Use a helper column of formulas =right(a1,6) will return the value as text =--right(a1,6) will return the value as numeric Just copy that down the helper column. footballcmr2 wrote: > > I have a column of text data, which happens to be 11 characters wide. I ...

Set Picture property to (none)
This should be easy: I want to remove the picture from an image if certain conditions are met. How do I set the Picture property of an image to (none) - the same as deleting it using the properties dialog? Null doesn't work, nor does an empty string. Set the Picture property to "(none)": Me.ImageControl.Picture = "(none") Or you can make the Image control invisible in those circumstances. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1C3A153-EE4B-40AB-8C89-24DB620C814F@microsoft.co...

Send to OneNote from Outlook 2007 does not retain Pictures
Here is what I am trying to accomplish: Open a message in Outlook 2007. The message has pictures in the body. I click on the icon "Send to Onenote" It brings the message to OneNote but the pictures are not displayed. Any solutions?? Environment : Windows 7, Office Ultimate 2007. Thanks in Advance. Hariharan wrote: > Here is what I am trying to accomplish: > > Open a message in Outlook 2007. The message has pictures in the body. > I click on the icon "Send to Onenote" It brings the message to > OneNote but the pictures are not displayed. Any ...

Upsizing
If I have an attachment field holding pdf files in Access 2007, what happens to this field type/data if I upsize to SQL Server Express? "programmingrookie" <programmingrookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAF38734-6EC0-4F0C-AC38-2C6FEA76127B@microsoft.com... > If I have an attachment field holding pdf files in Access 2007, what > happens > to this field type/data if I upsize to SQL Server Express? There are no attachment fields in SSX, so the data is lost. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www...

Remove a column but not data table entry
Hi there, I have a column chart in Excel with 5 columns plotted and a data table below to show the values. I would like to remove 2 of the columns from the graph but NOT from the data table itself. Is this possible? When clicking delete on the columns in the graph, it removes the entry in the data table too. Thanks Claire Instead of deleting the column, you could try formatting the column to have no fill and no border. It will still take up phsyical space (but since you're using a data table, this might be preferred to avoid mis-alignement), but it won't be visible. -- Best ...

How to round corners on a picture box
Is there a way to round the corners of a picture box? Autoshapes has a rounded box... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "rixx66" <rixx66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2085237F-BEED-40F4-BD55-4F5BEB1D0129@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to round the corners of a picture box? ...

Extract Data fromLotus notes
Hi I am using an ADODB Recordset to open a Lotus Notes dataset, executing the following SQL string: stSQL = "SELECT OptionMR.ClientName, OptionMR.ClientID, OptionMR.Status FROM OptionMR OptionMR WHERE (OptionMR.ClientID='6911')" and can sucessfully return data, using the following loops: While rst.EOF = False For icols = 0 To rst.Fields.Count - 1 ActiveCell.Value = rst.Fields(icols).Value ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Range("A1").Select Next ' On Error Resume Next rst.MoveNext 'On Error GoT...

emailing pictures
Hello When you right click on a picture to email it, you are asked if you want Windows to reduce it's size which I usually want to do. If you want to email several pictures, it's easy if they are in the same folder. If they are in separate folders, how do you downsize them all? Thanks Drew Drew wrote: > Hello > > When you right click on a picture to email it, you are asked if you > want Windows to reduce it's size which I usually want to do. If you > want to email several pictures, it's easy if they are in the same > folder. >...

Importing data from xls
There is a routine that normally runs fine. It imports data from an .xls into Access. On one occasion the code would break, but I hadn't been able to track down the error. The import would fail. A user tried cutting the spreadsheet data from the original .xls, pasted it into a new .xls, ran the routine and the data imported just fine. This suggests that the the original .xls was corrupt in some manner. If that is the case, and if this were to happen again, is there any way I could trap the error? The original .xls file appears and acts just fine in all other regards. ...

old data from OE etc
1-When I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista, it only imported the inbox. No sent, no personal folders. I cannot find them anywhere I am a little ticked-off, specially because I enjoyed Vista very much!, and I hesitated for 2 months to upgrade. 2- Why do I have to press ALT to get the menu? I cannot make it stay. 3- I used to switch the spelling between languages when I needed it. Even though I have different languages installed I cannot make it switch. I am so unhappy I was lured to use Windows Live mail I don't know what to do, Even if I start using Outlook I will not hav...

Pictures in a message
Hi all, I've created an HTML message that contains a couple of pictures. I save it as a draft and it looks fine. When I send the email to someone, the pictures are not sent. A red 'x' is displayed instead of the pciture. How do I go about creating a correct HTML message that contains pictures and that the pictures are also sent with the email?? Thanks, Ivan ...

Data Migration Framework
Hi All, Has anyone had experience using the MSCRM 3.0 Data Migration Framework in a production environment? How easy is it to migrate TASKS (Eg. Standard Tasks, Emails sent, Phonecall Tasks, etc.) from 1 system to CRM 3.0 using the DMF? Any pointers/key learners to be aware of? TIA. ...

Excel printing problem, pictures trunkates
when trying to print an excel sheet that has an imported pricture in it, the pictures trunkates in the print out... how to prevent? ...