Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Hello,
I am new to SQL Server. I am trying to use the Database
upsizing wizard to upsize a Access 2000 database into SQL
Server 2000. They are both on the same machine (running
Win 03 Server). I cannot connect to the SQL Server. Error
as below:

Connection failed:
SQLState: '01000'
SQL Server Error: 14
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]
ConnectionOpen(Invalid Instance()).
SQLState: '08001'
SQL Server Error: 14
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]Invalid
connection.
0
Shamim

Access product activation page
I have a trial Microsoft Office on my laptop. I have bought Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 from PC World. The Instruction says to 1.Start Word 2. Locate the Product Key on the back of the Media Holder. 3. Enter the 25 digit Product Key to unlock the software. The missing stage in the process is : How do I access the Product Key activation screen with the box in which to enter the Product Key? I seem to recall that the trial provides the option to change the product key from Word Options > Resources, but as you have bought a full version on disc, it might be wiser ...

Outlook 2003 tries to connect to non-exsistent exchange server.
I recently installed Office 2003 and when Outlook is called it hangs at Migrating Account Settings, displays "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable", continously cycles on "Retry", and shuts down with "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened." in a message when "work offline" is selected. I upgraded from Office 2000 Small Business. create a new mail profile via the mail applet in the control panel. "Glen@WSMR" <Glen@WSMR@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Cant see tables in Access 2002
On opening a database which was working fine yesterday I am unable to see tables or queries in the database windows however, reports that are based on those tables and queries open fine and hold all the data in the tables and queries. Forms are also OK. I just cannot access the tables and queries. Anyone know what is going on and what can be done about it. I tried to import them into a blank database but the process sees no tables or queries either. Also did a compact and repair with no change. HELP please Hi. > On opening a database which was working fine yesterday I am unable to see...

OLE between Access and Word
My code: +++++++ Private Sub btnNewJournal_Click() Dim objWord As Object Dim Doc As Object With Me!Journal .Enabled = True .Locked = False If .OLEType <> acOLENone Then MsgBox "There is already a journal" GoTo slutt End If End With Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application") '.Application.WordBasic Set Doc = objWord.Documents.Add(Template:="n:\NewJournal.doc", Visible:=True) With objWord .Bookmarks("Name").Select .Selecti...

Project Server Not Revised Anything
Dear All, When I submitted any task or approval tasks from PWA, project server could not do anything, this happened for all of the resources In the Database I cannot show any transactions. I use project server 2007 & SQL 2005, The following message appears me when I submitted: "Your updates were not saved because of the following reasons:" And for approval it is take a few minutes and reflect nothing. I cannot understand the Log file, Could you please help me to expose this problem? Regards, ...

Upsize to SQL ODBC error on rs!update
I upsized to SQL, linked all the tables and am testing each field. My db is comprised of an Access front end and two SQL BE db's (one for data, one for audit trail) The audit trail is populated by some vba. After the upsize, I added the dbOpenDynaSet and dbSeeChanges to get the audit code working. Now, it works on the mainform, but any subform audits come back with a 3146 ODBC runtime error and the debugger stops on the rs!update line of code. I'm still pretty new to the whole ODBC world and my vba is pretty rudimentary as well. Do I need to create a new workspace now ...

Access 2003/2007 Form Hang
I inherited an Access 2003 application (app and DB are separate files). In my quest to perform requested application updates (removing all references to Social Security number, etc), the application now hangs on one of the forms tabs. There was no reference to the now- removed SSN information. If I somehow manage to avoid clicking in a field in one of the other tabs, the tab can be accessed (viewed) and then another tab selected. However, if I've clicked on a field in another tab, or if I select the problem tab and then click on any field (date, for example), then I can no longer exit the ...

No "Permissions" Tab in Mailbox settings for one of my Outlook 2000 users HELP
I cant get a Permissions tab to show up on any Inbox, Mailbox, Sent Items, etc properties page like my other Exchange users. Why is it missing? What must I do to gain access to the Permissions tab? Am I missing something obvious? The users configs appear to be identical as other machines. Thanks for your guidance, I searched the groups and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem. -Brendan Is this specific to one installation of Outlook, or for one particular mailbox regardless of which Outlook you use to open it, or what? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the wor...

Developer menu in Access 2007
Dear all, I have installed Access 2007 Developer Extension, but I can't find developer menu in Access 2007. Before that, I have installed file office_kb935521_fullfile_x86_glb.exe and office_kb936519_fullfile_x86_glb.exe. Where I can find Developer menu ? Thanks. Chlaris You get to it through the Office button. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Chlaris" <chlarrissa_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23BslmnL2HHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I have installed Access 2007 Developer Ex...

Open Access 97 in Access 2007
I have old vb6 programs using DAO and Access 97. Access 2007 will not allow me to open the 97. What can I do? Thanks. -- ___________________ B. Dean Fairchild 1813 Hidden Pine Lane Apopka, FL 32712 407 880-8525 ___________________ Dean, Won't let you open? Error message? What happens? Is your database in a Trusted Location? http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TrustedLocation.htm -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_fi...

Convert Excel to Access
I have installed the Access Links add in Excel but the actual convert command does not show up in the Data menu. What am I doing wrong? I have installed this feature on 2 different PC's with the same results (Using Office 2000 with all updates installed.) ...

Excel to Access link
Afternoon To All, I am attempting to link an Access Report or Query into an Excel Spreadsheet. I currently have a formatted Excel worksheet that is manually altered each week, and I would like to link the worksheet to an Access Report/Query (ODBC) so the excel spreadsheet will automatically update. I have read on Excel help and downloaded the Access Link module but am stuck with what I need to do next.. Regards Jai ...

CRM Internet Accessibility
Hello- I've successfully setup CRM and have it working internally by typing http://crm/loader.aspx. I'm not quite sure why I have to type 'loader.aspx'. Besides that, I have setup a domain name entitled http://crm.educadirect.com, but for some reason, this domain name will not work. The domain name pings, but it does not work. Any ideas?? Thanks, Chris Chris, You should be able to get at the server by typing in http://crm. This page will basically redirect you to the loader.aspx in a new "popup" window. Do you have a popup blocker installed? If so, it could be...

Totaling cells from p.c. worksheets to a cell on a server workshee
I have six workbooks with 12 sheets each and multiple colums whcih I have totaled with formulas. I need to link those colum totals to a central worksheet on the server. I am having trouble linking colum totals from six different workbooks to a single cell total on the server. I would like to use links because I want to automate this process as much as possible. I think I'd put the totals for each of those 72 worksheets in row 1 of each worksheet. Then they'll be easy to find. Then I'd dedicate a worksheet with formulas to retrieve all the totals that I wanted. Then tot...

Changing font size in html view (FP 2000)
This may seem like a simple question, but can you increase the font size in the HTML view tab so that it's easier to read? I was able to change from Courier to a font that I like better, but I can't see anywhere where you can increase the size of the font. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. The only way I can find to increase the font size in FP2000 code view is to use large fonts - Control Panel -> Display (Windows 7) Win XP - Right click on desktop, choose Properties and navigate to Display Settings -> Advanced button. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft ...

Accessing current record
What is the syntax for referring to the underlying record that a form is currently displaying? In other words, I would like to make a change to an attribute of a record that is being displayed when a user clicks a button. I believe the best way to do this is through modifying the VB code that underlies the onClick event, but I can't figure out how to reference the record that is being displayed in the current (or active) record. In this case, we're dealing with a boolean value (I realize that I could simply have the checkbox in the form, have the user check or uncheck the box, then s...

User access
Hi, I create a user in MS CRM app with Role and License, but I access with this user I have an error access. The message of error is : "You don't have permissions of role assign ..." Please, anybody have information about that Thxs What is your role in MSCRM? If you do not have the administrator role, please ensure that your assigned security role has the proper permissions to create users and such. That would be the first place I'd look. "Renato" wrote: > Hi, > > I create a user in MS CRM app with Role and License, but I access with this >...

Suddenly, server not found error
Quite odd really, CRM worked well and I think it still does, but Internet Explorer shows server not found error, but Mozilla firefox works, as well as it can, shows error message that it is not supported browser. Now I can access server by IE just fine, Insight manager, sharepoint admin, all works fine, only not CRM. All settings are same way they were 3 hours ago, when CRM did work with IE. Computer rebooted and no help from that. Uh, oh, now I did tried yet another time and CRM launched right away, I don't know what it is with this, but specially at mornings it has done same thin...

Upsizing
If I have an attachment field holding pdf files in Access 2007, what happens to this field type/data if I upsize to SQL Server Express? "programmingrookie" <programmingrookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAF38734-6EC0-4F0C-AC38-2C6FEA76127B@microsoft.com... > If I have an attachment field holding pdf files in Access 2007, what > happens > to this field type/data if I upsize to SQL Server Express? There are no attachment fields in SSX, so the data is lost. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www...

Outlook 2000 freezing with SBS 2003
Hi, I just upgraded a network from Small Business server 4.5 to Small Business Server 2003. Everything seemed to be running ok, but people running Windows 98 with Outlook 2000 now report intermittant freeze ups. Outlook will hang after startup - sometimes after waiting for 5 minutes it will begin to work again, sometimes not. Users running Windows XP with Outlook XP or Outlook 2003 do not see any problems. There are no errors in the server's application logs. I have applied all the Win98 updates, as well as the Office 2000 patches. Can anyone make any suggestions? Thanks J...

Ho do I shift empty cells up in an access report
In my contact data base, I have an unequal number of data for each contact, some have 3 phone numbers some have up to 8 etc. I would like to print out a directory (phone book) in which records do only show fields that are populated. In other words, one record may only include 3 lines others may include 9 lines but I do not want to display and print a fixed number of lines, only the ones that are populated. GBA wrote: >In my contact data base, I have an unequal number of data for each contact, >some have 3 phone numbers some have up to 8 etc. I would like to print out a...

template with name-inputfield. Outlook 2000
I am sending the same message for many customers, and the only difference is the name. But the name is written several times in the message. Is it possible to make a template or anything like that, so I only have to change the name once, and then it changes for the whole document? This sounds like a good task for a Word mail merge. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "alko" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Edge Server SYNC Error
After I imported the the XML file to my hub server that I imported from the edge server I saw the following error in the event log of the hub server. There were no errors on the edge server. The edge server is not a member of the domain it is in a workgroup. vent Type: Error Event Source: MSExchange EdgeSync Event Category: Synchronization Event ID: 1001 Date: 2/2/2007 Time: 6:03:29 PM User: N/A Computer: BS-MAIL011 Description: Synchronization didn't complete on server: CN=BS-MAILEDGE011,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=US...

Sales for Outlook installation
I am getting the error on several versions of Outlook "Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server components". I have tried on PCs running Office 2000 and Office XP with the same result. Here are the details of the installation: server has host name mscrm; is entered in DNS with same correct name --have tried in URL mscrm.xxx.com, crm alias to mscrm, the IP address, with/without http:// in front of it I verified on the CRM server itself that it is an AD member, is running the Indexing service, Message Queuing, and the CRM Security service. In fact, ...

RFID Use with Access
I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. I would appreciate anyone in the group sharing this how-to with me. Zachry1 <Zachry1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface >RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. You should really be looking to the vendor of the RFID capture devices. They should have DLLs/OCXs which you can install and sample code. VB 6 code usually works just fine in Access. Tony -- Tony Toews...