Unexpected state

Does anyone know what could have caused this error?
*********
The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access
can't open it.

The database has been converted from a prior version of
Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method
instead of Convert Database command of the Tools menu
(Database Utilities submenu).  This has left the database
in a partially coverted state.

If you have a copy of the database in its original format,
use the Convert Database command of the Tools menu
(Database Utilities submenu) to convert it.  If the
original database is no longer available, create a new
database and import your tables and queries to preserve
your data.  Your other database objects can't be recovered.
********************
We have a group of people using the same version of Access
2000 (SP1), but one person was recently hired and uses an
updated verions (SP3).
0
YF

It sounds like your database is corrupted.

See Tony Toews' Web page:

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

Have you split your database to Front-End and Back-End?

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

"YF" <yan.fridman@us.ing.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what could have caused this error?
> *********
> The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access
> can't open it.
>
> The database has been converted from a prior version of
> Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method
> instead of Convert Database command of the Tools menu
> (Database Utilities submenu).  This has left the database
> in a partially coverted state.
>
> If you have a copy of the database in its original format,
> use the Convert Database command of the Tools menu
> (Database Utilities submenu) to convert it.  If the
> original database is no longer available, create a new
> database and import your tables and queries to preserve
> your data.  Your other database objects can't be recovered.
> ********************
> We have a group of people using the same version of Access
> 2000 (SP1), but one person was recently hired and uses an
> updated verions (SP3).

0
Van
10/13/2003 4:00:30 PM
I've received the exact message today and their have been
NO changes to this database.  I've attempted recovering
the file from the last know good backup and I still
receive the same message.

Any ideas?!?

Corruptions can occur at any time.

Try a few techniques as per Tony Toews' article.

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

"K DOYLE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've received the exact message today and their have been
> NO changes to this database.  I've attempted recovering
> the file from the last know good backup and I still
> receive the same message.
>
> Any ideas?!?

0
Van

Looking for ListCtrl/ListView with multiple large icon states
Hello, does anyone know of a CListCtrl or CListView derived class that shows large icons that switch image when they are hovered and clicked? Thanks, David "David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message news:RXM_j.2658$xZ.1232@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com... > Hello, does anyone know of a CListCtrl or CListView derived class that > shows large icons that switch image when they are hovered and clicked? > I guess it doesn't have to be derived from those, it just has to show large icons like them. Thanks, David "David Ching" <dc@remove...

Are unexpected connections unexpected?
I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well. But one thing: I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any active connections, and they are transient. But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it re-connects again! And a connection from 218 73 212 5 I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay. Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions? (david) It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing the connection or responding slowly or not at ...

unexpected conversion trouble

State/Province Attribute
Hi All Being in the UK, I'm trying to change the State/Province attribute on the Lead form to 'County' so I can import data into it without having to change the source header everytime. I can find the attribute in the address 1 and address2 entities, but not in the main Lead entity...what am I missing please? Grazie -- CRM Power User Al, You should see the attribute address1_stateorprovince in Leads, all you need to do is either change the display name to County, or change the lable on the form to County. HTH Ben Thanks Ben It's a little confusing since attributes...

Unexpected price changes in orders
Sometime back we had a problem with price changes on back orders. What would happen is this, we would be out of an item so the order was placed in the WAIT batch. Then, when the item was made, the batch number would be changed to move it to a daily batch, then released. On some items - not all - when the batch number was changed, the price would change from the customer's price level price to the LIST price. When checking the Price List, the customer's price level price is still there, but that is not what is now on the order. The odd thing is that it doesn't occur on a...

FRX 6.0 "unexpected error; quitting"
When i create a new windows profile on a PC that already has FRX 6.0, login as that new user and try to run FRx, I get the follwoing error, "unexpected error; quitting". It doesn't matter who I attempt to logon to FRX as. Does anyone know how to fix this...? Thanks, Tom... ------=_NextPart_0001_31854365 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Tom K, Thanks for your FRx question. FRx 6.0 is no longer supported. I recommend upgrading to FRx 6.5 or FRx 6.7. However, the unexpected error quitting message can usually be resolved with registering the .dll...

IE8 says 'last session closed unexpectedly' and offers to restore
I never close down with IE open, so why does it keep asking to restore my last session? I have Windows 7, recently purchased, so no control over IE8. If I delete browsing history, I can use it, and open it over and over, but when I boot the machine, it won't allow me to open IE8 to my home page. Closing it with the task bar doesn't help - it just goes into a wait state the next time I try to open it. (p.s. signing up just to ask this question was a nightmare of unclear directions) "measurement" <measurement@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Unexpected state
Does anyone know what could have caused this error? ********* The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it. The database has been converted from a prior version of Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method instead of Convert Database command of the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu). This has left the database in a partially coverted state. If you have a copy of the database in its original format, use the Convert Database command of the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu) to convert it. If the original database is no longer ava...

Unexpected results
We have some code like this With X AS ( SELECT * FROM SomeData WHERE BadData != 1 ) SELECT * FROM X JOIN Y ON CAST(X.ColumnA AS INT) = Y.ColumnA The WITH statement should remove the data that cannot be converted to int before the join is done but this isn't what happens. Instead SQL Server decided to do the join first and then remove the bad data. The problem with this is that we get an error when casting to int. The really silly thing is that if we do this: SELECT CAST(ColumnA AS Int) FROM X then we get no problems. The other really silly thing is that this h...

Access Closes Unexpectantly
I have a database that is on a Citrix server. There is only one user for the database. There is one main form that has three subforms on it and is the main form for entering data. When the user tries to enter data into the fields on the form, Access will just close unexpectantly. There is no error message, no "Access needs to shut down", no nothing. I've put error trapping code on the form, but it doesn't even hit that. With it being on a server I have split the BE and FE and I have just had the tables in the database itself, I've done all the usual things th...

Initial Toggle State
I have a parameter that controls whether a sub-group should be 'expanded/collapsed' when the report runs. When I choose expanded the group is expanded, but the item that toggles the sub-group shows a '+' sign rather than the '-' sign. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? Thanks in advance, Michael C. Fixed... "Michael C" wrote: > I have a parameter that controls whether a sub-group should be > 'expanded/collapsed' when the report runs. When I choose expanded the group > is expanded, but the item that toggles the su...

Unexpected behavior #2
I am having a unique intermittent problem I am hoping someone can hel me with. I have a large Excel VPA application that has several button on the "Config" sheet that execute different VBA scripts. There ar also a large number of drop down list boxes. On a fairly regular basi an unusual behavior occurs, when you click on a drop down box one o the buttons (always the same button) magically moves to the drop dow box that was clicked. Once this happens the first time, every time yo click on a drop down box the button moves to that box. You can clos and reopen the file and it will conti...

Opening Visio 2002 documents in Visio 2003 gives error "unexpected end of file"
Hi, I recently upgraded from Visio 2002 to Visio 2003, and now I no longer can open my visio documents I each time get the error message unable to open file : "unexpected end of file" while they still open fine in Visio 2002 Did anyone else came across this and if so... anyone has a solution??? Regards Olivier ...

access window state
Hi guys (and girls) I'm having this problem with access. I dont know how to chage the size of access window form my visual basic NET application. This one person a while ago gave me advice to use some windows api function like: Declare Function apiMoveWindow Lib "user32" Alias "MoveWindow" _ (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, ByVal _ nWidth As Long, ByVal nHeight As Long, ByVal bRepaint As Long) _ As Long but it doesnt seems that it works right... like x is actually setting y of window and y is actually th...

The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error.
Hello people, After I haven�t used my PC(vista) for two weeks I started it and anything looked normal but when the vista green background appears(where you normally choose the user) suddenly this error pops up: �The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart your computer and then restart installation.� The only thing I can do is press Ok, if I do so my computer restarts and the same error appears. Some things I can and can�t do: I can�t reach my desktop. I can�t choo...

Cannot change state of a promoted emailmessage
When I promote an emailmessage to an activity, the default setting is that the activity in completed. I cannot change that, but I want to, anyone who knows how to do that? Regard, Martijn ...

unexpected errors
Recently I tried to forward a couple of emails which failed with a pop up message of unexpected errors. Anyone know what that means or how to correct? I get a similar message when I try to remove messages from a "Recovered" folder in the personal folder area of outlook. In that case I can't delete the messages. You will be more likely to get a response if you post to one of the Outlook newsgroups. This one is for Word. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Rob...

Outlook closes unexpectedly after receiving or sending messages
Hi, When i receive e-mail or send one outlook closes on it's own... Where only a few person in the compagny having this problem... Does anyone has any ideas...? Thanks, Chris. What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Chris Krummen" <christophe_krummen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99d1eb2a.0312040749.1b17db2c@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > When i receive e-mail or send one outlook closes on it's ...

Quits Unexpectedly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I try to open any office application it says that it quit unexpectedly and even if you try to relaunch it nothing will happen how do I fix this problem. "BigBoiZero@officeformac.com" wrote: > Every time I try to open any office application it says that it quit > unexpectedly and even if you try to relaunch it nothing will happen how do I > fix this problem. Find solutions for crashes, conflicts and general problems with Entourage <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/crashes.html...

Outbound SMTP mail stuck in Active / Retry states
For the past four or five days, all our outbound SMTP mail has been getting stuck in queue. When I go into the queues screen in ESM, I can see a queue for each external domain for which there are messages. But once the messages gets to the queue for their destination domain, they never go anywhere. They remain there, stuck in the 'Active' state, eventually reaching 'Retry' state. The only way I have been able to get the messages to go through is by stopping and starting the SMTP service. Until I resolve the issue I have created a batch file to do this every 5 minutes so...

Outlook 2002 Error Message: The UID of a message changed unexpectedly
When opening Outlook this morning I got the following scary error dialog: "The UID of a message changed unexpectedly. This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this." Clicking the "Details" button revealed: "MsgSegNum 11: Previous UID 1155: New UID 1156. Protocol: IMAP Server: (our mail server's name) Port: 143" Everything seems to work and I can't tell what message has been changed. Any thoughts, help or comments would be appreciated. ...

State table lookup
Hi I have a form for entering Customer data. When entering a new record, I have a lookup combo box to validate the state that the user enters. The combo box displays the state code and the state name. (ie. Ca and California). The state code is the bound value and the state name is the display value. The only time I want to display the full state name is when the user is entering data into the form. I want the state code to be displayed on queries, forms, and reports. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks in advance Mark Create a table with 2 fields like this: StateID Text (say...

Exchnege unexpectedly rebooting
Hi For some reason my server has rebooted 2 times this morning without me touching it.It doesn't have SP1 installed. Exchange 2003 on it. Any ideas why. It does this if i manually restart the server myself and then another 2 or 3 times it restarts by itself. this is urgent cause 100 people is using it for e-mails. thanks On Sun, 14 May 2006 23:53:01 -0700, Craig from Huguenot <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >For some reason my server has rebooted 2 times this morning without me >touching it.It doesn't have SP1 installed. Exchange 20...

Storage Folders Unexpectedly Empty
I retain copies of some news posts I want to keep. I keep them in folders under "Storage Folders". Two of these folders are now empty. The corresponding hard-disc folders still exist. So do the files ending in .nws in those hard-disc folders. The following is a typical hard-disc path to such a folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Storage Folders\Newsgroups\Keep\MICROSOFT\excel.progr 7b8 If I double-click a file ending in nws in one of these hard-disc folders, it opens in Windows Live Mail, as expected...

Unexpected error
Every time I try to start Outlook 2002, it gives me a message saying unexpected error. How do I save all my emails, tasks, contacts, appointments, etc. before I reinstall outlook? Try the Detect/Repair option first. the *.pst file contains the relevant emails etc, this is a hidden file Also http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/pfbackup.aspx David "Cory" <coryb79@cox.net> wrote in message news:008701c35c42$cfb3a640$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I try to start Outlook 2002, it gives me a > message saying unexpected error. How do I save all my > emails, task...