Undefined Function Error

I am developing in access 2002 on a win98 2nd edition machine. When I
transfer my database to a Windows XP Professional Machine running Access 2002
I encounter errors. For Example the code:

SQLStmt = "SELECT * FROM [GL Transactions] WHERE Left([GL ID],6) = '" & Temp
& "' ORDER BY [GL ID]"
Set GL = CurDb.OpenRecordset(SQLStmt, dbOpenDynaset)

When run this code produces an Undefined Function Error for the Function
'Left' on the XP machine but executes properly on the Win 98 Machine.

I have checked the references and they are the same and in the same order.
Any Ideas

You say that the references are the same and in the same order. Does that
mean that none are marked as "MISSING:"?

If none have "MISSING:", select an additional reference at random, back out
of the dialog, then go back in and unselect the reference you just added. If
that doesn't solve the problem, try to unselect as many of the selected
references as you can (Access may not let you unselect them all), back out
of the dialog, then go back in and reselect the references you just
unselected. (NOTE: write down what the references are before you delete
them, because they'll be in a different order when you go back in)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"JonMCrouch" <JonMCrouch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am developing in access 2002 on a win98 2nd edition machine. When I
> transfer my database to a Windows XP Professional Machine running Access
> 2002
> I encounter errors. For Example the code:
>
> SQLStmt = "SELECT * FROM [GL Transactions] WHERE Left([GL ID],6) = '" &
> Temp
> & "' ORDER BY [GL ID]"
> Set GL = CurDb.OpenRecordset(SQLStmt, dbOpenDynaset)
>
> When run this code produces an Undefined Function Error for the Function
> 'Left' on the XP machine but executes properly on the Win 98 Machine.
>
> I have checked the references and they are the same and in the same order.
> Any Ideas

0
Douglas

Alternative to IF function
I have a formula that is using nested IFs, and it is beginning to becom unmanageable. First I am at the 7-deep limit, but otherwise I find the logic aspec hard to follow everytime I have to alter it. In VB there is *Select Case*, in C++ there is *switch*. Is there a VB *worksheet* function with similar functionality t these? (I've searched but can't find). something like: Code ------------------- =Case($A$1="A-325", THEN <SomeComplexFormula>, $A$1="A-490", THEN <SomeOtherCompleXFormula>, $A$1="A-500", THEN <YetAnotherComplex...

Send Direct Email functionality #2
Hi all, I am using CRM 3.0. I am ultimately trying to find a way in Outlook to create an emailing group off of a list of CRM contacts to email that group of contacts. One alternative I found is to email said group from within CRM. As I investigated that, I learnt about the "send direct email" functionality from a contacts' view. This can be a view generated from Advanced Find then you click Actions --> Send Direct Email or something like that. However, I cannot find that functionality and don't know how to access it. There was some posts about the CRM Bulk email service ...

Error message launching Dynamics GP 10
I get these messages, from one user only on a terminal server: 1. Dictionary Location ID: (then a blank box) 2. A workstation needs to be defined in your preference file Again, this is just one of 68 users on one of 3 terminal servers. -- Doug Hi Doug, To troubleshoot this issue further I will need to ask you some additional questions. 1. Is this a new installation of the Client? 2. Have you installed any new software on this workstation? 3. Check the Dynamics.set file and review the locations it is pointing to Kevin "Doug" wrote: > I get t...

Microsoft picture manager error 1635
Can't use Microsoft picture Manager due to error 1635. Patch packet is not able to open. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812490&Product=winxp -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "bnhome" <bnhome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15F322AC-5534-4611-813A-32A04F7BD439@microsoft.com... > Can't use Microsoft picture Manager due to error 1635. Patch packet is not > able to open. ...

IDC_xxx undefined
Any ideas why the IDs in the method below are undefined to the compiler? They are all #define in the resource.h file and the resource.h file is #included in this DlgSearch.h file. Thanks, Neil int CDlgSearch::TypeOfComparison() { int typeOfCompare=NONE; // Create a status indicator if (GetCheckedRadioButton(IDC_equalToRb, IDC_inRangeOfRb)==IDC_equalToRb) typeOfCompare=CDlgSearch::equalTo; else if (GetCheckedRadioButton(IDC_equalToRb, IDC_inRangeOfRb)==IDC_greaterThanRb) typeOfCompare=CDlgSearch::greaterThan; else if (GetCheckedRadioButton(IDC_equalToRb, IDC_inRangeOfRb)==IDC_l...

Error message 0x8004210A #3
I haven't been able to send/receive email for about one week. I run McAfee Anti-virus and stopping email scan doesn't stop message. Can anyone help? Hi CMarx. please read this here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827349 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "CMarx" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2f11401c46cee$c42594b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I haven't been able to send/receive email for about ...

could the #NAME? error be a compatibility issue?
I have a computer with excel '07 and a computer with excel '03. When I view the .xls document in '07, then all the formulas work fine. When I view the .xls document in '03 then several of the formulas display the #NAME? error. halp plz. Look up Analysis ToolPak in help on the pc with 2003 installed, my guess is that you need to install it on the 2003. I believe it gets installed default on 2007 but on 2003 you need to manually install it. Just click tools>add-ins, select Analysis ToolPak and follow the instructions. Note that you need to CD unless it is installed alread...

SOP Integration Manager Error
Hi all, I´m working to import SOP with Integration Manager. I used the SOP integration example. I set all but I can't fix an error: DOC # ERROR: 'Override Shortage' is not a valid choice for field 'Items.Quantity' in this instance. I think that I set all but at 2 days of breaking my head I don't know how can I fix the error. Anyone could help me .. Regards all! is the item marked inactive? -- www.DynExtra.com A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more Current member count: 40 ------------------------------...

Need more =if functions
I'm trying to do an if,then function that looks at data in a cell and compares to 13 different possible results but excel on allows 7 nested IF functions. Any thougths on how to complete this task? This is in regards to banking. The function should look at the term (13 different terms) and based on the term should return the appropriate rate. Thanks With that many, I would use a VLOOKUP. To learn how to use a VLOOKUP, see: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Or, if you're dead set on IFs, you could always concatenate them: =IF(A1=1,1.3%,"")&IF(A1=2,...

Coding error
I have a code (see below) that keeps receiving a run-time error (2166) that states "you can't lock a control while it has unsaved changes"...I have in my code a command that should save the record before it actually locks the field but for some reason does not seem to work. Can anyone see what might be wrong with my code that would be causing this to happen? Here is my code: Private Sub NoResponse_Checkbox_Click() If Me!NoResponse_Checkbox = True Then Me!Update_Letter_Comments.Locked = False DoCmd.GoToControl "Update_Letter_comments" ...

Undefined Symbol and Verification
I'm using Report Writer in GP v10. I have successfully verified a modified check report (User-Defined Check 1), but when I try to print it I get the "Undefined Symbol" error, with an additional reference to "F00211D01686Amount Paid". I had deleted that field from the report. I opened the field and repaired it, I think, but can't get rid of the error. How can I track down the essence of the problem (without deleting my modified report and starting over again?) and why does the Verify complete successfully when the report still causes the error when printin...

Can Dll import functions from application?
I know usually application can call the functions exported from Dll. I am curious can dll import functions from application? If not, what is the way for application - dll 2 way communication? Right now, it looks application activate the communication, dll can not. Callback function. That's passing a pointer to the function within the application to the dll. Here is a good read. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/Cpp/cpp_mfc/callbacks/article.php/c10557/ AliR. "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187018434.053432.133670@r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... >I kn...

Add ins and user defined functions
I have an ErlandC Add in I am using on my system. I have a workbook that uses the user defined functions in the worksheet. When I send the file via e-mail to anyone else to use, once they save the file - they get a #NAME? error anywhere the user defined functions have been used. These people also have add ins loaded on their PCs. If I go into each formula and redo the formula on their PCs, it will work. How can I make this work without redoing each formula each time? Thanks Vicki My guess is that excel is remembering the location of your addin and looks for it on the other pc an...

Strange Event Log Error
All - I have a new install of Ex2003 on a Win2003 SP1 server. One Forest and one domain. The domain consists of two sites and each site has at leat one DC/GC in it. Replication in this topology is working great and no Win2003 domain errors are deing reported. My exchange looks the same. In the ExAdmin, I have one administratove group and then two Exchange 2003 servers in that group. Everything seems to work fine. Mail goes both direct and each server is responsible for outbout email. Here's teh event that I get in my log on restarts and ocosionally thoughout a week.: Event Type: Warni...

Error in WdfRequestRetrieveOutputBuffer and WDF_MEMORY_DESCRIPTOR_INIT_BUFFER
The following code snippet: VOID UsbDfu_EvtIoDeviceControl( IN WDFQUEUE Queue, IN WDFREQUEST Request, IN size_t OutputBufferLength, IN size_t InputBufferLength, IN ULONG IoControlCode ) { WDFDEVICE device; device = WdfIoQueueGetDevice(Queue); pDevContext = GetDeviceContext(device); switch(IoControlCode) { case DFU_GETSTATE : getstate(device ,Request); break; default : ... } } NTSTATUS getstate(WDFDEVICE Device,WDFREQUEST hRequest) { PURB pUrb = NULL; WDFMEMORY ...

Repost -Function in Template
Hello again, I have function =(B1*20) in column C in my Template. When I import data: Data> Import External Data, My data is the tab delimited bill of materials. I set it up so that there is a blank entry for column C I expected that after data import the column C will contain whatever number was in column B times 20 The only imports available are Edit Text import and Data range properties. Others are grayed out. I select Edit Text Import and go with the defaults. At this point data gets imported and the column C function gets overwritten with a blank instead of getting fille...

Error 1325
Everytime I want to acceess any office software (word, excel, publisher etc), I oftn get this error message (Error 1325: Publisher is not a valid short name.) Could you help me out? Thank you. My unit is an ASUS Eee PC. I'm accessing Office through external hard drive. And did you install Office on this PC whilst the external was connected? And does the external retain the origonal drive letter that was given when you installed it? "dymygebe" <dymygebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0652CBE8-9124-468C-9C9F-044E6B0FEC82@microsoft.com... ...

Remove function?
We just got Microsoft Excel '07 and I'm trying to enter a simple '1-5' type of data and it keeps converting it to a date. How do I format the cell to leave what I type alone? Pre-format as Text or precede the entry with an apostrophe. The apostrophe won't show in the cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:35:22 -0700, Brooke <Brooke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We just got Microsoft Excel '07 and I'm trying to enter a simple '1-5' type >of data and it keeps converting it to a date. How do I format the cell to >...

Changing properties with a function
Hi all, I'm trying to change the colour and special effect of a rectangle through a function because I want to have stop and go lights and I want to be changing them frequently, so my function is like this: Public Function SwitchOn (BoxName) as String Form_Home.BoxName.BackColor.Value = 4634122 Form_Home.BoxName.SpecialEffect.Value = "Sunken" end function then I call it by using: switchon (box1) - also tried switchon ("box1") but it doesn't want to work at all... how do I get the damn thing to work???? Do I have to set BoxName as a Rectangle or an Object ins...

Error registering ActiveX
Hello all, I am trying to develope MFC ActiveX control in Vc++6.0.Its giving the following error when i try to Register ActiveX component. Load Library(F:\Plot\Debug\Ploat.ocx")Failed-Invalid Access to memory location. How to solve this problem?Could anyone suggest me? Thanks in Advance. Adarsh Adarsh wrote: > Hello all, > > I am trying to develope MFC ActiveX control in Vc++6.0.Its giving the > following error when i try to Register ActiveX component. > > Load Library(F:\Plot\Debug\Ploat.ocx")Failed-Invalid Access to memory > location. > > How to s...

Test Search For: function this community abcde
fghij Just trying to see how, title versus text body works here. When I search for my name, I don't get recent postings. Comments are appreciated. Thanks. -- Neal Z ...

Undefined function 'Format$' in expression.
Dear all, I've converted my db from 97 to 2k. When I tried to run a Query, above mentioned message pops up. It seems like there's no such function of Formst$ (change date format) in Access2k? Or it's about conversion error? Also, I can view my VB codes after conversion. Appreciate someone to help. Thanks. Hi Mike, This normally means something has gone with references in the VBA project. See http://members.rogers.com/douglas.j.steele/AccessReferenceErrors.html for details and how to fix it. On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 03:24:26 -0700, "Mike Oh" <mike_oh@memwire.com> ...

Vlookup function imbedded in the table_array value of a vlookup function
Hi, I am creating a go-karting championship management system for my a-level and I am having a few problems. Basically there are 6 races and They are set out as Race1,2,3,4,5,6 and the data for the drivers is entered under that. However, the spreadsheet is organised via the dates of the races which means that the data entered as race 1 could be for race 2,3,4,5. I have already got it to calculate this and it displays the date, the original race number and the race number after organisation from the dates of the races. Now, this is all hidden from the user in a hidden sheet and on the user...

MS Outlook errors
In attempting to open MS Outlook Web Access - Internet Explorer, I enter the correct sign on and password and get this message; Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8' Unable to render this view Unable to get renderer. My system IT guy can access the files from another PC. Doesn't matter whether I'm accessing via HS Internet connection or dial up through AOL What is the fix? ...

Getting macro to run with pasted function
Greetings, I am trying to remove all duplicate rows by checking the first five colums in each row. The spreadsheet is 20 colums by 800 rows, and I am using Excel 2003. I have tried to get Chip Pearson's DeleteDuplicatesViaFilter to run, and I'm not having any luck. Don't have much, (if any) experience with Visual Basic. I'm not sure where to put the range of cells I want checked. I also don't know how to name the macro to be able to make it run. Is this the best solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the first part of his code: Function Del...