Unable to open MDE file

Hi,

I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access
file.

I receive the following error message "You cannot convert
or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till
yesterday.

I haven't installed any software since yesterday which
safely rules out any problems due to a third party
software etc.

Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem.
Thanks ,
Nik
0
Nik

Hopefully you still have access to the .mdb file from which the .mde was
created.

You don't state which version the .mde was created in.  In any case, there's
precious little you can do with one - if you want to work on it, you're much
better off with the original.  MDE's generally let you get at the tables and
queries, but it looks like you can't get into it at all.

Bruce Pick

"Nik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access
> file.
>
> I receive the following error message "You cannot convert
> or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till
> yesterday.
>
> I haven't installed any software since yesterday which
> safely rules out any problems due to a third party
> software etc.
>
> Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem.
> Thanks ,
> Nik

0
Bruce
1/15/2004 3:47:16 AM
You will get this message when the mde database was developed in Access 97
and you double click the file to open the database. Sometimes you can open
Access first and then open the mde database. Sometimes you can also hold
down the 'shift key' when opening the mde database, which will bypass any
startup processes. If not, hopefully you can find someone locally with
Access 97 on their machine to try and open your database in that version.

"Nik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access
> file.
>
> I receive the following error message "You cannot convert
> or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till
> yesterday.
>
> I haven't installed any software since yesterday which
> safely rules out any problems due to a third party
> software etc.
>
> Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem.
> Thanks ,
> Nik

0
GVaught

Exchange restore and recent file
Hello, I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM.. The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for all.. I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3 after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ... Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore.. Thanks for helping me... You can safe...

First Time Opening Outlook
I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts". The configuation process never does complete. I can even open outlook. Help! Thanks Ross Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message > is, "You...

Can't sync DRM files on MP3 player
Is use WMP 11 since a while to sync downloaded music files from napster to my MP3 player (so it can play DRM files). But for some reason i now get a sync problem in WMP "C00D1236 - cannot sync the file? This problem only occurs with DRM files although i also can play those files with WMP 11 ?! ...

Unable to open calendar

will not write file to server
when i try to do save as to my nevell server i get them message file is read only. there is a hot fix for this but i don't know how to get it can someone help thanks pete The MSKB article that discusses this problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];824424 suggests ways to contact MS. I don't know of any other ways. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

unable to scroll the page

Saving a worksheet as a jpg file?
I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know how to save a worksheet as a jpg file. Can anyone tell me how? (The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.) Many thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a pre-selected range on a worksheet. Copy the pictu...

file://./backofficestorage...
I need to enable access to file://./backofficestorage on my Exchange 2003 server. I remember a seeing an article on how to do that a while ago but I can't find it now. Thanks! PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION!! Also ensure that do file-level virus scanners are scanning M: drive Drive M Mapping to IFS Is Not Present by Default in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821836/en-us HTH -- James Whelan Rapid Response Engineer - Messaging Premier Field Engineering Microsoft United Kingdom Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup pu...

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

importing .pst file #2
I recently tried to import "outlook.pst" from one computer running Office 2003 to another running same. I imported "archive.pst" w/ no problem. When I attempt to import "outlook.pst", I get an error message that says one or more parameters are invalid. Can anyone help? Thanx http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx Try here I got some good answers.. Peace Michael H. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11cee01c3f55d$47da0520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I recently tried to import "outlook.p...

Importing an Excel file into Money
I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could download directly into Money (or Quicken) there is a monthly charge to do this. I don't want to use Money or Quicken to pay my bills, simply to organize my finances better. I am able to download my account data into Excel. Is there anyway I can import from Excel into Money? I tried doing this using the import feature, but nothing happened when I selected the Excel file and clicked import (no error messages or anything). In microsoft.public.money, Cruzin wrote: >I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could >...

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Unable to conect

Importing Tab files
Hello, Here's some odd behavior from Excel. I need to import a tab file with the following two requirements: req 1. Newlines within quotation marks are preserved as part of the record req 2. All fields are imported as text Now, if I do file->open and go through the import wizard, req 2 is met because I can select all fields and set them to text. However, it splits records at newlines within quotation marks no matter what I try. If, on the other hand, I drag and drop the tab file onto Excel, it preserves newlines, but there's no way (as far as I can tell) to force it to input ...

office files on DFS share
Hello everyone, how does an office (excel) file behave if it is opened, edited ans saved on two different locations and then replicated to the central location through DFS? Is there any algorithm to ersolve conflicts? I could not find any whitepaper on this until now. Thank you. -- The sun is shining. ...

After compiled to MDE file, all AutoKeys won't work
Dear All,I have written an Access XP (2002) program that I used some function keys tocall the form, so I used AutoKeys at macro and made some function keys. WhenI run my program under Access, the function keys is working well. But afterI compiled to MDE file and run the mde file, all the function keys gone.Does anyone know Why? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank youDaryl...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'