Transfering Access 2000 file to Access 97

How do I save a Access 2000 file so it can be opened using
Office 97 Access. Is it possible
0
Stewart

Hi Stewart,

You will need to convert it to Access 97 as follows:

- Select the menu option Tools > Database Utilities > Convert Database > To
Access 97 file format

I hope this helps!  If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026?  If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch.  Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

--------------------
| From: "Stewart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Sender: "Stewart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: Transfering Access 2000 file to Access 97
| Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:37:31 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.conversion
|
| How do I save a Access 2000 file so it can be opened using
| Office 97 Access. Is it possible

0
nospam
1/28/2004 9:14:51 PM

You could try converting your Access 2000 file
via "Convert to a prior version" under the TOOLS >
DATABASE pull down menu.

Oly
0
anonymous

C++ Asignment, submiting files
Hi, I have an assignment to submit and right at the end the instructions are: 1) Source code (must compile cleanly in Visual C++ 6 or 7). I have warning set to 3, the code compiles with no warnings and of course no errors. 2) Compiled Win32 binaries. Include any 3rd party DLLs needed to run the application. How can I find out, for certain, what DLLs are needed? My app does not use any third party DLL, (none that I know). Must I submit the windows stuff as well, I will build statically so there is no need for any Dll as far as I know. But how can I really tell? Thanks Simon "S...

Stopping avi, jpeg, bmp and mpeg files...
Hi Team, What are you using to block avi, jpeg, bmp and mpeg files? Is there a way natively that Exchange can do this? Not natively. Most organizations will use a Firewall, AV Scanner, or other third party service such Spam Soap to remove the attachments before they reach Exchange Server. Check your AV Scanner for Exchange, it should have this capability. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Smohrman" <Smohrman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEB23C67-DB47-4DDB-A7B0-9EE268F18E91@microsoft.com... > ...

Accessing Excel API without installing Excel
Can I access MS Excel APIs and Excel Object model without installing MS Excel on the target machine? Any information will be helpful. ...

about transfer order

Adding PowerPoint slide to Access Form
How do I add an interactive PowerPoint slide to an Access Form (this will be on my switchboard)? I don't believe it's possible. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele (no e-mails, please!) "Natasha" <Natasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA6EEA66-68ED-46F1-ABE9-1B5F83EEDEF6@microsoft.com... > How do I add an interactive PowerPoint slide to an Access Form (this will > be > on my switchboard)? Probably not do-able, but here's a good site for things pertaining to PowerPoint: htt...

Chart accessibility in a shared workbook
Hi, I have a workbook that contains two charts. There is no protection on the workbook or the sheet that contains the charts. The workbook is shared to permit people to update it simultaneously. People need to put these charts in other documents and the ususal method for this is to select them both by holding down shift and clicking each one, and then copying and pasting. However, the problem is that when the workbook is shared the charts cannot be selected. Is there anyway of sharing the workbook and allowing people to edit/select the charts? Many thanks in advance. Libby Hi, The ...

Transfering messages

HR Position Transfers

Holding a file open in FTP?
We have a user who wants to share an editable spreadsheet on their web server (IIS5) with others over the internet. So we placed a spreadsheet file in the FTP directory, established FTP accounts for the users, and they can open the spreadsheet by opening the FQDN (ftp://domain.com/file.xls) The problem is that when they open the file this way, the file is locked only for the duration of the FTP data transfer to the client, after which it is freed. A second person can come along and open, change, and save the file while the first one has it open (on their remote machine) and making changes. ...

Print Excel file to PDF
Hi, Is there a VBA code, or a program whereby I can print an Excel file to a PDF? (Maybe an add-in?) I'd like to do it directly from Excel similarly to the way Word Perfect has that option in the file menu if possible, but anything will be a help. (I'm using Office 2000) Rob Rob You could purchase Adobe Acrobat. An alternative to buying Adobe Acrobat.... I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which is then converted to *.pdf Return...

Windows Easy Transfer

Updateing Access DB
Can someone point me in the right direction to write the VBA to "Append" and data table in Access.. I have the code to connect...and I have the SQL Statement...just not sure how to write the code to "Append" the data Thank you Hi See http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "dstiefe" <dstiefe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA1F3D53-9EF6-4B7B-ADA4-B2701A815FFC@microsoft.com... > Can someone point me in the right direction to write the...

File can not open
My file Ms word can not reopen after save the file. Why? Is your file named "Ms Word.doc"? Something else? Are you using Word 97? 2000? 2002? 2003? 2007? Did you delete the file? Move the file? Is it some other named file? Saved where? As you can see, your post does not really tell us anything. Gladstone wrote: >My file Ms word can not reopen after save the file. Why? -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201003/1 ...

Money 98 Delete symbols from obsolete symbols file #2
My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't search for over 250 symbols. I can not figure out how to empty or permanently eliminate uneeded symbols from this file. Anybody got any ideas? Howard ...

Strange Exchange 2000 Problem
I have been running Exchange 2k for a month now. I have 32 users in a classroom environment. A strange thing happened yesterday, I tried to add a new user in AD, as normal the wizard asked me to create a mail box. No Problem so far. If i go back in AD the emil that is normally filled in with a few senonds for the new user is always blank. If I force the default recipient policy to run to add in the SMTP address still the email address does not get filled in. Also the new users are not added to the global address list. Everything else seems fine, all esablished mailboxes are ok and operate cor...

error "Disk full while accessing <file mane>" is getting
Platform - Windows 2003 Server, OleDB, VC 2005 Database - Oracle, Microsoft Access Hi, I have developed multithread application. Each worker thread uses CFile to access file placed on remote machine. Sometime program report error like "Disk full while accessing <File name>" or "An unknown error occurred while accessing <File Name>". Can anyone tell me why my program is getting such exception? Vijay Singh EDISPHERE Software Could it be you are opening the file exclusively in a different thread. Or Could the disk actually be full? Or Maybe ...

auto open .xla file
hi all, i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? tnx! -- rp Hi RP, In Excel, Tools | Add-Ins | Check the Rowlier Add-in | OK If the add-in is not listed, use the browse button to navigate to it. --- Regards, Norman "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:u85Drds9EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is > there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? &...

outlook 2000 #94
outlook shuts down when trying to recover items from the deleted items folder. Morgan Try looking at this article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;196863&Product=out2K >-----Original Message----- >outlook shuts down when trying to recover items from the >deleted items folder. > > >Morgan >. > ...

Recipe Database in Access
Hi Guys Last year my partner and I bought a small country kitchen where we make jams, chutneys, sauces etc. We would like to put all our recipes into an access database. Can anyone please point us in the right direction to find one. The functionality we are looking for includes: - ingredient searches ... eg - so we can pull up all recipes that malt vinegar (which includes gluten) and replace with a gluten free vinegar. - ingredient costs ... to help with product pricing. - volume output - recipe owner ... some of the recipes are owned by a specific customers and we only make that produ...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

STM (streaming file) too big
Hi all We have just installed exchange 2003 standard and are already experiencing problems with hitting the 16Gb limit The server has only been runnning for 2 weeks! The .stm file is now over 14Gb in size even after we did an offline defrag! All users are currently running as POP3 clients and will be migrating over to MAPI integrated clients as soon as possible. Whilst i understand that the stm file contains message bodies to support non mapi clients what i dont understand is why this file remains so large after POP3 clients have downloaded all their mail. Is this by design? How ca...

Access an excel file through FTP without write protection
Hi experts I placed a question yesterday - approximately 28 hours ago - nobody have reacted on it - please tell me if you don't understand my question because my English is to bad. thanks jj ...

From remote PC accessing Project Web access using FQDN
I have problem in accessing Project Web access. I could able to access Share point services website which hosts the Project Web Access with out any issue if I use FQDN. (If I don't use FQDN in some remote PC's I have problem, in some PC's it works) See link for Jpeg Image below http://i45.tinypic.com/2mwezw0.jpg If I want to access PWA with FQDN I am having issue from remote machine. See the Link http://i46.tinypic.com/2ymfuh1.jpg I can access with out any problem FROM THE SERVER which hosts the [project server] WITH OUT FQDN See the link http:...

rename invalid sheet name from access 97 report to Excel 2002
When I export a file from Access 97, my only choice is to export to Excel 97. I then open that file, with excel 2002, and I get an error message the the sheet had an invalid name and had to be renamed, but there is no apparent difference in the the name "Sheet1" in excel 97 or "sheet1" in Excel 2002. (I can find NO conversion sw, or find any way to "add to" my file types list. I am forced to use Access 97 with the office 2002 suite for now) Any Ideas on what is causing this? DLS 99 Can you open the file in xl97 to see what the sheet name is/was? Or do ...