Too many indexes

I was hoping that the upgrade to Access 2002 from Acess 98
would eliminate the indexing limit when enforcing
Referencial Integrity on a join but that doesn't seem to
be the case. Has anyone else run into this problem and if
so, any suggestions on getting around it.
0
jACk

The limit has always been 32.
I have never hit 10 in over a decade of using Access.
You may want to review the design of your DB.
--
Joe Fallon
Access MVP

"jACk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was hoping that the upgrade to Access 2002 from Acess 98
> would eliminate the indexing limit when enforcing
> Referencial Integrity on a join but that doesn't seem to
> be the case. Has anyone else run into this problem and if
> so, any suggestions on getting around it.

0
Joe
11/23/2003 3:05:18 AM
"Joe Fallon" <jfallon1@nospamtwcny.rr.com> wrote:

>The limit has always been 32.
>I have never hit 10 in over a decade of using Access.
>You may want to review the design of your DB.

I have.  But then the MDB had 150 tables.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

many-to-many relationships by Graham Mandeno
Hi to all, A couples of months ago I was looking for a good way to handle a many- to-many relationships. I finally found this sample db: http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/SampleDBs.htm. It's simply great! Unfortunately it doesn't work in my case because instead of using just numeric ID to relate the table I'm make use of alphanumeric ID. In the previous: http://groups.google.it/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/25f1941ea8428424/9d3fc99e39b80743?lnk=gst&q=riccifs+many#9d3fc99e39b80743 Graham told me that there was a way to give to the sample db this...

"Too many different cell formats" error
Receiving this pop up error message when opening a .xls file. File will not open. Any suggestions on how to fix and save file? Hi Lorena XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 David McRitchie posted this Leo Heuser posted a macro 2001-05-06 in programming as a very major revision of the macro in the eee007 article. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OxP9cgi1AHA.1572%40tkmsftngp02 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Lorena" <lorena.l.solano@convergys.com...

When forwarding an email how many recipients can I send it to?
I got an error response when I forwarded an email to many in my address book. It said, something about too many recipients. How many is too many? I set a 300 recipient limit to my Exchange users at work. This is set at my server level. Quote from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012002371033.aspx Many e-mail service providers set limits for the number of names that can be in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in a message. For example, your e-mail service provider may limit each message to a maximum of 100 e-mail addresses. If these addresses can be distributed among the To, Cc, and ...

Too many clicks! Available formats box
Hello folks I have a client who is unhappy with the amount of clicks in Word 2007. One particular frustration is the Insert Date and Time Available Formats box. Is there anyway to get Word 2007 to just insert the default Date without the additional steps of the format box? I know to the average person, it's not a big deal but this user lives in a pressure cooker and needs the useability of Word 2007 to make things faster, not slower. Thanks for your suggestions! Bill Hole MCTS, SBSC Ask the client to add the Date & Time command to the Quick Access Toolbar ...

Should this be one to Many or Many to Many.. Relationship
Hi, New to Access learning... I have Table 1.. Publisher Table 2.. Books I was wondering .. Should I create Transient Third Table e.g. BooksPublisher.. Or Should I put PublisherID key AS Foreign key into Books Table ? which would be Practical E.g Books Publishers BooksNPublishers Pk BookID Pk PublisherID PK BookPublisherID Fk BookID ...

Index PST file to Search
Since we went to Outlook 2007 from 2003 I can not search or do an advance find for my PST files. I know the file has to be indexed but how do you do this? Is something the user does or is it done automatically if the index feature was installed? How do you know if the index feature was installed? Thanks for any help. http://www.msoutlook.info/question/47 -- Russ Valentine "Lamar" <Lamar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB8ACAFA-674D-40E7-98E4-68DBF81D858E@microsoft.com... > Since we went to Outlook 2007 from 2003 I can not search or d...

Too many many-to-many?
To all, I hope you can shed some light on this for me. I am using Access 2003. I have three main tables 1) Project 2) Contractor 3) Service (general contracting, soil testing, architecture, etc) I have two 'join' tables to create a m:m relationship between Projects and Contractors and Contractors and Services a) ProjectContractorJoin b) ContractorServiceJoin I would like to be able to create a form where I can select a project, then select one or more contractors, then select one or more services that each contractor could offer (and track when they start and end those services...

Too many fields
I have a table and I think it is normalized based on other postings I have read. There are about 500 object<->value pairs, that needs to be tracked for 500 different objects on every single day of the year. And, all 500 objects should have a value for that day. Object 1-30 is about one topic, Object 31-60 is about another topic, etc. tblObjects, I have 500 records like this (pk) fldObjectID - autonum fldObjectName - Text 50 tblObjectValues, (pk) fldDate - Date/Time (pk) fldObjectID - (fk) to tblObjects fldObjectValue - integer Now, I want to show the 500 records of tblObjects ...

Sheet Index
Hello again, Excel 2000 sp-1. Is there a way to make an index for the different sheets in my workbook. I have 50 pages and it's getting hard to remember the names of each sheet to find it. I thought it would be nice to have an index with hyperlinks to each sheet. How do I go about this or is there already a way to see my sheets all at once without scrolling from side to side? Thanks, Linda Linda, Right-click on any of the four sheet scroll buttons (far left of the sheet tabs). -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ----------------------------------------...

Changing Suppliers for Many Items
Is there a quick and accurate way to change suppliers for groups of items? Such as making all items in one Department or Department Code to be supplied by a specific distributor? Currently, most of my items do NOT have supplier which makes a Purchase Order impossible. Thanks. You could use a query. ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST. Something like: UPDATE Item SET SupplierID = X WHERE DepartmentID = Y This will not update the SupplierList table. In another thread, this query was recommended for updating the SupplierList table: INSERT INTO SupplierList ( SupplierID, ItemID, ReorderNumber) SELECT ...

what mean by when office assistant show"too many different excell
When i want to copy a worksheet from another workbook to my another workbook, i get "too many excell format" and disallowed me to go thru it. It also happen when i want to edit the worksheet by using format or toolbar. Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 I think I'd try to get rid of some of those formats--make it much more vanilla like. Then do the copy. angie wrote: > > When i want to copy a worksheet from another workbook to my another workbook, > i get "too many excell forma...

how many email addresses will outlook 2003 hold?
I can't take a chance on losing ANY of my email addresses....How many will Outlook 2003 hold?? Assuming you mean Contacts, they are part of the data file, which assumming a unicode format has a theoretical unlimited file size. In any case I assume you backup, otherwise your Q has no basis "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90AEB1B6-7961-4F96-91E2-E237057FC2E9@microsoft.com... >I can't take a chance on losing ANY of my email addresses....How many will > Outlook 2003 hold?? ...

Many Transaction Logs
Since our last full backup, which was 2 days ago, the number of transaction logs from one storage group is at 6500. There are approximately 120 users in this storage group that has 3 mailstores. Our other storage groups have more users but not nearly as much transaction logs. Could this indicate a problem? If so, how could we track it down? Thanks On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:29:01 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Since our last full backup, which was 2 days ago, the number of transaction >logs from one storage group is at 6500. There are approximate...

INDEX/MATCH help
I just learned about the INDEX/MATCH function while searching some of the Excel tip pages - and I think I can make good use of it. What I want to do is this: worksheet 1 - is the format of our Income Statement worksheet 2 (titled TB) is our Trial Balance. I want worksheet 1 to read TB (worksheet 2) and pick up the YTD amount for each account #. I tested this out and my formula is working fine. However, sometimes an account # on worksheet 1 doesn't appear on Worksheet 2 because there wasn't any activity. In this case I get a $N/A. I need to edit my formula so that if there ...

One To Many Records In A Sub Form
I have a form set up, with a sub form in it. When I key the data in the form it updates the sub form as it should. The problem is that some of the records I want to key in the main form, might have multiple records in the sub form. How do I get this to work as I can only have one record each time. Both the form and the sub form are related to differnet tables. Many Thanks in advance for any assistance. This is a really head scratcher for me. On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:10:02 -0800, Tony Montana <TonyMontana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form set up, with a sub form i...

To many rows for EXCEL to handle
I have a file with over 70'000 rows in (MS EXCEL only holds aroun 65'000). Is there any way I can still perform a lookup on this file. The file is saved as a CSV. Please dont tell me to open it in Wordpa and do a search as I have been told this is not acceptable. (Pains). PLEASE HELP M -- moglione ----------------------------------------------------------------------- moglione1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46621 Split it into smaller pieces and import each pie...

Create Clustered index or Covering Index
Which would be better on a 3 column temporary table? A Clustered index or a Covering Index? In this case the uniqueidentifier is always the same and is done this way because there are about 20 procedures that already use this as a static table and I don't want to impace all the procedures with this change. CREATE TABLE #temp (a uniqueidentifier, PID int,CID int) CREATE CLUSTERED INDEX idx on #temp (CID) or CREATE TABLE #temp (a uniqueidentifier, PID int,CID int) CREATE INDEX idx on #temp (CID) INCLUDE (PID,a) Thanks, Tom Tom, Better for what? It depends....

many sheets from "master data"
Hi guys, In the last few days, ive posted some questions with some success, bu not being able to completely work though my problem. Given that I a novice/intermediate in relation to VBA, I am having extreme difficult augmenting the code to do what i like. Attached is the file so you can visualize what I am talking about. What I want to do is to put each "page" of data on a new slide. As yo can see, all the data is found on the first page. In column T, you ca see where each new page starts (as indicated by the data and pag number). I having trying tirelessly to get the code su...

Many to many to many relationship
Hi I have been asked to create a new database for use with 2012 bookings. As we take bookings up to 13 months in advance this gives me about 6 months. Been sitting here all day scribbling on bits of paper as I think I will change the relationships on the new DB. On our current DB which I wrote 3 years ago a client has a booking that is linked to an event. Client -> Booking -> Event So many clients can have many bookings. Many events can have many bookings. Standard many to many. But :-) as all clients are in a group (that may be any number from to 250) it seem...

Indexing Errors with Reporting Service Excel Exports
Hi, I have a strange problem with fulltext search on sql server 2008. When I export a simple report as .xls file from reporting services and insert this into a fulltext indexed sql table, I get the following error code in the crawl during indexing: Error '0x8004170c: The document format is not recognized by the filter.' If I open the file with microsoft excel and save it (without changing anything) and insert it into the sql table afterwards, everthing works fine. So I searched for this error code and found an article saying that my document is mis-typed or corrupted...

How to structure a Table with many, many, many Fields?
I’m starting a new thread here, because the last one is getting kind of old and I’m not sure people are viewing it anymore. That was towards the end of January; it was so last-month! LOL! Anyway, I have a table with several security symbols. I’m setting this up today with 30 stock symbols, but the list will likely grow to over 1,000 stock symbols. For now, I am using one single Field, and I named it Stocks. From my former post, I got some great feedback and it was suggested that I have a Table with stock symbols listed in rows. This kind of makes sense. What doesn’t mak...

Too many reipients?
Just tried to notify all my contacts of my email address change and it keeps coming up with an error saying too many recipients, remove some....? Anyone have any ideas? I removed some so there was prob only 20 odd recipients and same deal.... Who is your mail service provider? Have you asked them what their limit = is on the number of recipients? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:8A9BFEAB-736C-4A9D-A819-970A1FA03B97@...

To index a recipe book collated in Publisher.
Steve9563 wrote: easily done, just index a recipe book collated in Publisher Please use this large blank space to fully explain your question. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve9563" <Steve9563@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C357A71F-25BC-4628-8A83-D135F5F4EFCF@microsoft.com... > Publisher doesn't support indexing. Word has all the tools you need for this operation. About creating an index http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052355911033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

relationships
Hi all, CRM allows for 'one-to-many' and 'many-to-one', but does not seem to offer a 'many-to-many' join type. Any one know how to do this? or trick it? Jon You need to create a new entity (c) between the two (a, b) you want to create the many-to-many relationship between. Then create two one-to-many relationshps between this new entity (c) and the others (a, b). Ross Goldberg AdvantageWorks Software Group, LLC. http://www.advantageworks.com/blog/ Thanx Dagcat, Can you point me to any literature that describes this in full? Appreciate your help. Jonathan "D...

Win 7 and Too Many Users
Most of our boxes are XP, but a couple of them are Win 7. Also, the XP boxes have Access xp (2002) installed, but the Win 7 boxes have Access 2003. Problem: when a user on Win 7 opens an access program, all of the xp users then get a "Too many users" error when they attempt to open the same access program. It only takes one Win 7 user to kill all attempts by xp users to open a file. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem, or perhaps have more information about what may be causing it? Thanks in advance for any help. Fred That sounds like a permissions...