tables created by Linking an Excel File

Hi Mates

I have a linked access table created from an excel
spreadsheet. Then I used Table Analyze feature in access
to split this and the split created 3 seperate tables.

When the excel spreadsheet is changed the linked table
gets updated but split tables remains unchanged. Is there
a way these split tables to get updated automatically.

Thanks mates in advance for your help.

Sarah W
0
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

The table analyzer is designed for splitting a non-normalised table into
two or more new, normalised tables. This is a one-time process: the new
tables are entirely separate from the old one. The idea is that having
once normalised the data you start using the new tables and delete the
old one.

If you have to retain the link to the spreadsheet, you can't use the
tables created by the analyzer. Instead, set up queries on the linked
table to return the data in the way you need (maybe modelling them on
the structure of the tables created by the analyzer).

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:27:08 -0700, "Sarah Wiloby"

--
John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP]

Please respond in the newgroup and not by email.
0
John

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
I must be missing something when it comes to buttons. I have on on my "STRAT" sheet a button called StratAFBut. It's been declared as a Public Button. When the system reacts to the button being depressed, I can ensure that it is recognized by adding the following statement, before I test the button: Set StratAFBut = ActiveSheet.Buttons(Application.Caller) I can then test the button without issue. I have a routine embedded on the STRAT sheet that reacts to a double click(DC) on a cell. The routine checks to make sure that the DC was in the expected column, that the entr...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

applicaitons/files that start with Excel
What are the file extensions that start with Excel- I want to limit some Norton AV screening that takes far too long when Excel starts. I am using the Analysis tool pack, Analysis VBA, Conditional sum, VBA internet, Lookup wizard, Solver Add-in. Thanks for reading. Michael If you limit AV, is there any point having it? Excel files are a natural target for viruses with scripting. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Michael31" <rhcp@123.com> wrote in message news:8F6EA8B4-6A12-4098-9EE2-E89F72F22FB4@microsoft.com... > What are the file extensions that start with Excel- I want to ...

word work file
how can i prevent word work files from accumulating until i can't even save because i have too many open files? i'm operating osx.3.2 and using word x for mac service release 1. thanx. You can close and reopen the document every so often. Closing it wipes out all the word work files. Or see here for a fix: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/WordMac/DiskFullError.htm (site might not work in Safari) Don't know what service release one means, but there are 10.1.2, 10.1.4 and 10.1.5 updates for Word X. I think you do a Get Info on the Office Component Plugin to know for sure which version ...

Create Hyperlinks
am building an Access database that will hyperlink to monthly reports for about 200 projects. The monthly reports are in an excel format and stored on a common drive on the network and I have about 3 months worth of reports that I need to link the db to. so that’s about 600 hyperlinks that I have to initially create and then 200 each month. I have the tables, queries, and reports built and trying to find an efficient way to insert the hyperlinks instead of clicking on each record and pointing to the right file. All of the excel reports have a common naming convention that starts wit...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

SELECT EMBEDDED EXCEL CHART
If I delete cells that include an embedded chart, the chart turns into a line. How do I expand the chart back? Thank you. Click on the "Select Objects" tool on the Drawing toolbar (looks like the NW arrow cursor), select the chart by drawing a box around the line, choose Object from the Format menu, and on the Size tab, choose a non zero value for height. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "lesy99" <lesy99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C17...

Remove "automatic links to another workbook"
I have an MS Excel file that was created by copying, pasting and then renaming a previous file. Now, every time I open the new file I get the message: The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you want to update the workbook with changes made to the other workbook? How do I 1. Delete this message? 2. Delete/update the automatic links to the old workbook? Hi Compu Geek Try this Add-in to find the links <findlink.zip> On this site http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/ Or Edit Links in the Menu Bar if your version have that option -- Regards Ro...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

I am looking for a template to create bank deposit slips.
I am so tired of lilling out bank deepost slips and I am looking for a template to create my own. Thanks. Unless your printer has a magnetic ink cartridge, you will not be able to do this. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "kkmoore" <kkmoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:571C5524-B368-492A-89CD-34CB94E7EF99@microsoft.com... >I am so tired of lilling out bank deepost slips and I am looking for a > template to create my own. > Thanks. > On Jan 7, 10:51...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

Font sizes and appearences in Excel
This one is really mind boggling!!! I have two different sheets with data on it, the column widths, margins and font sizes are EXACTLY the same but the one sheet appears to be quite a bit smaller, on screen and when you print it out. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this and how it could be corrected??? Thanks Jurie Fourie The zoom setting could make it appear smaller on screen -- in the Standard toolbar, in the Zoom dropdown list, choose 100%. The printed copy could be smaller if the scaling has been adjusted -- Choose File>Page Setup On the Page tab, under Scaling, choose...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

Excel object in Word
How do I get rid of the gride lines in an embedded excel object in word? Gridlines are off in Print Setupand Drawing menus. Jon In the same way you'd do it in an Excel worksheet itself? Try this: Double-click on the embedded Excel object in Word (Or right-click on it > Worksheet object > Edit) Click Tools > Options > View tab Uncheck "Gridlines" > OK Click anywhere outside the object to get back to Word -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Jon Ford" wrote: >How do I get rid of the ...

Access X Excel
If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel (data base ) Please tell me Because many people ask me many time I can do data base in Excel and I don't know how to advice him to move to access Thank you Excel is a spreadsheet, Access is a database. If a person does not know the difference between the two, there is little hope for them. Advise them to read a book on software development. -Dorian "a" wrote: > If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel > (data base ) > > Please tell me > &g...

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Share workbook size of file?
I have a shared workbook, which is rapidly growing in size! If I save it as a standard excel file it is only 198KB but the same file as a shared workbook is 10,008KB! Why is this? And how do I keep the size of my shared workbook down and stop if from growing and growing and growing!? Thanks It may be growing as it is storing the change history. If you do not need it to do this, unshare then share again. This will clear the history. >-----Original Message----- >I have a shared workbook, which is rapidly growing in size! If I save it as a >standard excel file it is only 198KB...

My collection of links
Hi 2 all, where is FAQ here? I wish to share with you the collection of links concerning Internet trading, the finances, loans and work in the forex market. Here it is: 'index' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/index.html) 'tax lien' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/tax-lien-1.html) 'stock' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/stock-2.html) 'online trading' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/online-trading-3.html) 'online banking' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/online-banking-4.html) 'mortgage' (http://fin-fin.biz/forum/mortgage-5.html) 'forex trading' (http://fin-fin.biz/foru...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...