Switchboard 97>2000

I have created a database based on a 97 template, but have
converted it to 2000. My problem is the switchboard. When
I try to open it, I get a VB error: "Compile error: User
defined type not defined" and it highlights two lines of
code: "Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)" and
Dim "dbs As Database".

I haven't a clue what either of these things means nor how
to fix them. Any help would be most appreciated. My
database is otherwise finished and ready for my coworkers
to use, but we need to clear this one hurdle before I can
call it complete.

Thanks in advance.

Val
0
Valerie

Not sure why you're getting the first error, but the second one is because
database is a DAO object, and by default, Access 2000 uses ADO.

With any code module open, select Tools | References from the menu bar,
scroll through the list of available references until you find the one for
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library, and select it. If you're not going to be
using ADO, uncheck the reference to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1
Library

If you have both references, you'll find that you'll need to "disambiguate"
certain declarations, because objects with the same names exist in the 2
models. For example, to ensure that you get a DAO recordset, you'll need to
use Dim rsCurr as DAO.Recordset (to guarantee an ADO recordset, you'd use
Dim rsCurr As ADODB.Recordset)

The list of objects with the same names in the 2 models is Connection,
Error, Errors, Field, Fields, Parameter, Parameters, Property, Properties
and Recordset

It's entirely possible that correcting that error will fix the other one as
well.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Valerie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created a database based on a 97 template, but have
> converted it to 2000. My problem is the switchboard. When
> I try to open it, I get a VB error: "Compile error: User
> defined type not defined" and it highlights two lines of
> code: "Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)" and
> Dim "dbs As Database".
>
> I haven't a clue what either of these things means nor how
> to fix them. Any help would be most appreciated. My
> database is otherwise finished and ready for my coworkers
> to use, but we need to clear this one hurdle before I can
> call it complete.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Val

0
Douglas
2/16/2004 11:28:52 PM
I checked the DAO 3.6 Object Library and unchecked the
ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Libary, but from that point
forward in your reply, I'm totally lost. (Sorry, but I am
brand new to this.) I don't have a clue what steps I am
supposed to take to "disambguate" the declarations as you
suggest.

When I made those two changes to the properties, I got a
new message in trying to view the switchboard in form
view. This time it was "Run-time error '438' Object
doesn't support this property or method." Is that because
I have not changed the declarations as you suggested, or
is something else causing this?

I get a similar message when I try to open one of my
forms, although in that instance it will go ahead and open
and then function properly.

Sorry to be such an idiot, and thanks for your help.

Val

0
Valerie
2/17/2004 4:39:36 PM
After you made the change you need to Compile the database. Return to the
Code editor window where you made the reference change and select Debug |
Compile. This will alert you to any code that may not have converted over
during the upgrade or any other missing references.

> I checked the DAO 3.6 Object Library and unchecked the
> ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Libary, but from that point
> forward in your reply, I'm totally lost. (Sorry, but I am
> brand new to this.) I don't have a clue what steps I am
> supposed to take to "disambguate" the declarations as you
> suggest.
>
> When I made those two changes to the properties, I got a
> new message in trying to view the switchboard in form
> view. This time it was "Run-time error '438' Object
> doesn't support this property or method." Is that because
> I have not changed the declarations as you suggested, or
> is something else causing this?
>
> I get a similar message when I try to open one of my
> forms, although in that instance it will go ahead and open
> and then function properly.
>
> Sorry to be such an idiot, and thanks for your help.
>
> Val

0
GVaught

Money 97
Hi, Does anyone know if money 97 files can be imported to money 2004? Thanks, frank In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: >Hi, Does anyone know if money 97 files can be imported to >money 2004? Money 2004 should be able to convert Money 97 files from the same country. However a few people have problems doing so. If I used Money 97 and was feeling extra-cautious, I would download the Money 2004 trial onto a different computer. I would transfer my Money or backup file to that computer as a test. While that may be way overcautious, it is ...

Outlook 97 startup problems
Trying to startup outlook 97 I get the following message: The program is not registrated right. Install setup again. Cannot find the file. Check that the path or filename are correct. Does someone have an idea howe I can fix this problem? ...

Outlook 2000 crashing all the time
My Outlook 2000 (sp3 9.0.0.6627) is just shutting down by itself. It juststarted happening. I haven't installed or added anything to Office or my PC. The newest thing was SpamFighter which hooks onto Outlook--and that was 2 months ago. The "shutting down" has started in the last couple days. I've reinstalled it and at first that seemed to work--but then the shutting down resumed. Any ideas? What is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slip...

Main Switchboard displayed not same as one in Switchboard Manager
I just upgraded my Access database to Access 2007. When I go to the Switchboard manager it is not the same as the Main swtichboard that is displayed in my Forms. Do I need to delete the switchboard and recreate it again? Why is it picking up another switchboard? Thanks. ...

Excel 2000 Track Changes Question.
Alright, a co-worker and I have been working on a spredsheet where we have been tracking the changes. Well, we used three different laptops and desktops to work on it. We didn't notice till recently that the colors changed whenever we used a different comp. Is there anyway to change those border colors because one of them is this really light blue that you can hardly see. Thanks everyone. -- kahanad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kahanad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29448 View this thread: http:/...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 09-07-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot=E9" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot=E9". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. ...

Macros SLOW in 2002, FAST in '97 ?
Has anyone else come across this problem?? I ran the same macro in excel 2002, and then excel 97 (both from the C drive) the 2002 version took 25 minutes the '97 version took 3 minutes has anyone else come across macro speed issues between differen versions of excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com yeah, sometimes. only time i've seen it is when variables were no dim(ensioned) and application properties were not handled properly. for example, excel 2002 and up, if you disable screenupdating, will no automatically turn it back on. have you thought about turning o...

Outlook 2000 #127
I cannot open individual entries in my Calendar or Contact. When I double click on an entry, I get the message that the program will be shut down. Under details, this is the message I get: OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 017f:3a4badb5. I don't have any trouble receiving or send emails, but I would like to be able to get into these two files. Please reply to me email: chenrich@charter.net Thanks your for any assistance. ...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Error Printing Excel 97 linked to access 97 on NT
When trying to print a file that is linked to acess 97 from excel 97 - get an error saying not enough memory to complete the operation. however when copying the file locally (was on a server) it works fine. Any ideas? Also if the file is printed when there is no data linked it also works ok. Other users have no problem and the printer is fine - this happens with all printers from this pc Many Thanks ...

Importing an Outlook 2000 pst file using Outlook Express
How do I import an Outlook 2000 pst file using Outlook Express? You can't. Which portion of the PST data did you need? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "TJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:111fa01c44163$0ca3ddd0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I import an Outlook 2000 pst file using Outlook > Express? ...

Switchboard Menu Labels
My Switchboard default menu is labeled "Main Menu". Under Main Menu, I have several sub-menus and additional menu listing under sub-menus. When I click one of the sub-menus under Main Menu, the sub-menu label is still "Main Menu". How do I change the label on multiple sub-menus? On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:11:09 -0800, Roseo wrote: > My Switchboard default menu is labeled "Main Menu". Under Main Menu, I have > several sub-menus and additional menu listing under sub-menus. When I click > one of the sub-menus under Main Menu, the sub-menu label is st...

MS Excel 2000
Good Evening, I have a user's computer that auto launches excel at start up. Excel is not in the startup folder How can I find why it's launching? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Sbrooks Sbrooks Windows loads startup items from three locations in the Registry, two lines in WIN.INI, and two folders. Observation reveals that it always loads the seven groups in the same order. Here they are, in order: 1. Registry (Machine Service) - Each value in the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices defines a startup item. The ...

Updating links Excel 97 to XP ??
Getting #REF errors when opening Client workbook that was created i Excel 97. I created a workbook with multiple links to external clien documents (which I no longer have access to) and now when I open th workbook in Office XP I receive #REF errors in all the cells. I canno re-link the document since I do not have access to the files any more Is there any way to transfer the embedded links from the Excel 97 file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Availabl...

Money 2000 #5
I had to reformat my old computer due to multiple errors. I reinstalled Money 2000 but it won't let me restore my backups. MS Knowledge Base says its because I made them on a newer version of Money. I have updated it since I reinstalled it. Now what? Help! In microsoft.public.money, Vicki wrote: >I had to reformat my old computer due to multiple >errors. I reinstalled Money 2000 but it won't let me >restore my backups. MS Knowledge Base says its because I >made them on a newer version of Money. I have updated >it since I reinstalled it. Now what? S...

Switchboard items on multiple switchboard
I have added 3 switchboard items to a database, but it is showing up on all of the other switchboards. How do I fix this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200710/1 ...

2000 TO 2003 ISSUE NEED HELP
I upgraded to 2003 yesterday and now get a message that I do not have a license to use an activex control. This occurs everytime a macro is changing the visible property on a form to no and only then. I ran a test and if the macro is changing the visible property to no on a control within a form it works fine. The only issue is when the entire form ( a popup for example) is involved. If there is an activex that needs to be installed how do you know which one ? There are a lot of them. -- PAUL FRANKS ...

Outlook 2000 hanging problem
We are using Exchange Server 2007 on VMWare machine and using outlook 2000 on client computers to view mails. Outlook frequently hangs, when sending or receving a mail, sometimes at opening, and when it is left without use for 30 mins or more. ...

Microsoft Office 2000
I have found it necessary to reload my microsoft office 2000 package that was purchased with my Dell computer. I have the certificate of authenticity. When asked to enter the 25 digit number on the certificate, I am repeatedly told there is something wrong with the number. I am certain I have entered the number completely. Do these things expire? What is wrong? Thanks for the help. ...

Publisher 2000 won't open 2003
I know this has been asked many times over, but I can't seem to get a definitve answer. My prolbem is that I had 2003 on my computer before it crashed. After I reloaded windows I could not find my 2003 version and had to use a friends that was 2000 version. Now I can't open any of my files that were created in 2003. There does not appear to be any available download for 2003, so what is the quickest and easiest solution. Thanks (I don't understand why you couldn't find a definite answer on this. It's never been a gray area.) "Using" a friend's program...

Problem with Text in Excel 2000 Cell
Not all of the text entered into the cell displays (total text length is 1,881 characters). Cell is set to text format, auto-fit row height, alignment-wrap text. The text that doesn't display is visible in the edit window, but doesn't show in the cell. From Help Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Bill" <william.rooney@aig.com> wrote in message news:0aa301c389dc$32a43aa0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Not al...

Outlook 2000 Profiles Problem
I am having a problem where Outlook, from time to time, will not offer me the option of selecting a profile when starting up. It will open the last used profile every time. The only way to gain access to the select profile option at start up is to reboot. This is happening on both my desktop and laptop. Does anyone know what causes this? I am even using the /profiles switch in the shortcut command line. This is because Outlook didn't close properly most likely caused by an add-in. For troubleshooting see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/otlookdoesntclose.htm -- Robert Spa...

Break Link in Excel 97
I just notice that there is no Break Link feature on MS Excel Version 97. Is there a way where I can break the link of a file? I can do that on excel xp. Mark Hi Mark! There is a addin called "dellink.xla" that you can use to delete the link (see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=188449), but if you need to keep the results from the link, then you have to manually copy the cells, and paste it as values, or use Excel 2002 or 2003 to remove the link. Best regards Stefan H�gglund Microsoft "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:OXZv5ZnhEHA.3320@TK2MSFT...

updateqry switchboard name
I want users to be able to name the switchboard. I added a new field in the switchboard items table called name and changed the labels to txtboxs with a record source to name. If this isnull a form opens which allows the user to put a name into an unbound txtbox. When the form closes the values are transferred to the name txtbox on the switchboard. However, this only works for the first page of the switchboard. It has to be placed in all the command fields that = 0 for it to show on all the pages of the switchboard. I can't get an update qry to work - syntax problems. This and sever...

MS Excel 97
Hi I have been using exvel 97 as part of Office 97 Professionl Edition running under Win98 for approx 5 years. Recently I have had to re-install my Office Software and ever since I am having a problem where when I select a print area in Excel, each cell prints as a page e.g. a 10x10 grid will print as 100 pages instead of 1 page. Also, the dotted line can clearly be seen around each individual cell instead of around the edge of the print area. Any help with this problem wikk be greatfully received. ...