sql view

Does anyone know why the SQL view may not be available to
use  for a table of form? I have read that you can get the
SQL view by clicking on the view button drop down list, but
it isn't there for some reason. The only view options
showing are Design View, Datasheet View, Pivot Chart View,
and Pivot Table View. I don't see the SQL View option. Can
you tell me how to find it?

Thanks!
0
charles

Yes,

Just bring up the property sheet for the form (while in design mode).

Then select the data tab.

Now, click on the Record Source property field. Then, you can view the sql
by clicking on the [...] button that shows.

This of course assumes that your form is in fact based on some sql. If your
form is not..then you are asked if you do want to in fact open the sql query
builder...

--
Albert D. Kallal   (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Group select view others' calendar outlook 2007
Is there some sort of shortcut to select/view a group of other peoples calender? Now I have to check the box of everyone, and then uncheck everyone when I only want to see my own calendar. see if http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-public-calendar-choice.php does what you need. if not, google for AutoIt. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLET...

Create a view based on the records' business Unit
I want to create an Opportunity view based on the owners' business Unit. In our implementation, users will have Global visibility. But, i would like to have a view that filters opportunities by the owners' Business Unit. Has anyone encountered this, and if so, how did you resolve it? -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.com Hi Carroll, I've done some similar stuff to enable me to view Contacts based on Account numbers, by creating custom fields and mappings. I've not tried exactly what you're looking for but this might be worth a go: Cr...

Calender view
I need to give all the user in my environment read-only premission to other user's calender. I have Exchange 2003 on Windows server 2003 in a clustered environment. Can you help? See the answer to your other question on this. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "AJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429001c4abb2$6da78500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I need to give all the user in my environment read-only > premission to other user's calender. I have Exchange > 2003 on ...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

sql summarizing help

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Printing from Doc/View with Device Context
I have a simple multidocument application that collects a bunch of data points from an external device and stores the data in the document. The view draws some nice graphics from the data. Now I want to print pretty much what I see on the view. The default MFC printing crunches everything into the upper left corner and get a debug assertion failure on every call to SelectObject(SomeFont). Do I need to redefine My Fonts in the printer device context? Where do I set the viewport origin? Is there a tutorial out there on printing graphic content? Regards Ron H. ----------------- www.New...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

SDI/Doc-View: Which class should embed and create a CSplitterWnd?
Hello, I have an SDI application built around the Document/View architecture. The entire client area of the application (i.e., of the frame window) should contain a CSplitterWnd with two panes. My question is: Which class (i.e., the CFrameWnd-derived class or the CView-derived class) should have the CSplitterWnd-object and be responsible for its creation? Right now I have it in my view class (creating it under OnInitialUpdate(), bad idea?), it seems to be created successfully and the constructor for the CView-derived pane classes are run etc, but I just don't see it on-screen. The ...

Web pages to view/modify AD users fields
Hi, does anyone knows some preconfigured web pages (ASP/ASP.NET with integrated authentication) to let each user view modify his own AD attributes (Phone, Mobile, FAX, etc.) ? Before starting developing, I'm cehcking is something already exists. Thanks. Massimo. Hello M, Try this one: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=modify+active+directory+from+web+page Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakja...

sql.request #2
Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A. The only guide I can find is at http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/UsingSqlRequest.zip but it's really hard to follow. From the MSDN Library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/SEC41.asp Not sure how familiar you are with ODBC; but if you are getting #N/A as a result, it is usually because of problems either with the SQL syntax or the connection string. There are a few examples of connection strings in the re...

MSDE or SQL Personal or SQL Developer? or SQL Workstation?
Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? Thank you. It depends on what edition of GP you are going to run. If you are going to use Professional, you need to go with SQL Server developer, assuming you are installing on a non-server OS. "ano" wrote: > Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? > SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? > Thank you. Is the function of SQL Developer the same as Enterprise edition? How about personal edition? Can it be used for GP Pro? Can dev...

Excel RoundUp in Transact-SQL
Last week I posted the following computation in Excel... roundup(roundup(rate * 500),4) - roundup(rate * 200,4) + polfee,2) ((6.108934 * (500000/1000)) - (200 * 6.108934) + 1311.51) = 3144.20 In SQL using round(num,4) = 3144.19 I've moded this to... round(num+0.0005,4) = 3144.20 This works most of the time but occasionally I'm still off from what Excel returns. I'm under 2% in my 342 calcs, so it's do-able and we'll explain if any client notes this that we've reduced their pmt by .01 cents. BUT, I'd still like a way to replicate Excel'...

How do you block sales people from viewing other sales peoples activities?
When I give user level read permision to Accounts, Contacts, etc., other users cannot print reports on other user contacts and accounts, but they can still read them. I don't want them to be able to read each others accounts and contacts. They can do this using Advanced Find or the View lists. I can prevent them from accessing all accounts and contacts on the view lists by sharing them only with an admin team, but this does not work for Activities because System Customization does not include Activities in the list. I don't know how to keep them from reading each others r...

Views in Outlook
I'm using Outlook 2002 and am having issues with the Views... - I created a custom view while in my "Outlook Today" folder and gave it a unique name. - I apply the view to several folders within the "Outlook Today" folder (is there a way to apply it globally?) - I notice that I need to alter the formatting, so I go to the "Outlook Today" folder and change the formatting to my view. - The folders using that view *DO NOT* change to reflect the current formatting of this view. If I go to define views while in one of these folders I do not see the changes that we...

Access frontend with SQL Server backend: my solution for ODBC Call error
Hi This thread follows threads I started in forums microsoft.public.access.forms, and microsoft.sqlserver.programming: 1. 'Overriding constraint violation message' at 21.04.2010 12:00; 2. 'Overriding constraint restriction message, when deleting record(s) from form' at 29.04.2010 10:36. The problem (Occurs in Access 2000 mdb as stated by MS and in Access 2007 mdb as I myself discovered): When record operation is aborted from SQL Server, Access gets the full information about error, but this info gets unaccessible at moment when OnError event is triggered. The...

SQL
Hi, i am new in Sql express i am trying to create a database in sql but i dont now how can i install the database in other computer or a server programmatically where the other computer have the sql and if is a server what i nead to do . or only what i need is a valid conection ; i use the localhots to identify any clinte machine but i dont now what i need to writh for the servers my conection is look like this as a defualt from MFC hr = _db.OpenFromInitializationString(L"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=Data.mdf;Data Sour...

Multi-view selections in one chart.
Here is my goal... I would like to be able to select a pull down with sorta lookup of e.g A, B, C, etc. program which reside on differen tabs and be able to select program A and the chart shows stats for A Next go to pull down and select B to see B's stats and so on. All whic will show up on one chart. I would also like to be able to have selection to show all A, B and C in one image on the chart as summary. I am not strong at VB but understand code. I have created summary and each individual chart as needed but would like it to rollu into one chart. Any ideas?? :eek ------------...