SENDOBJECT - Sending Email on Behalf of another User

I'm using the SendObject to programatically send emails , which is working
great.

I recently got a request from management to send email on behalf of another
user,
say sales@anycompany.com

I know how to do this from within Outlook using the Delegate option in
Exchange,

The question is:
                    How do I send email using the FROM option that outlook
uses in the

SendObject ?

I would appreciate any information or workaround.

thank you.

LA

0
lalexander

lalexander wrote:
> I'm using the SendObject to programatically send emails , which is
> working great.
>
> I recently got a request from management to send email on behalf of
> another user,
> say sales@anycompany.com
>
> I know how to do this from within Outlook using the Delegate option in
> Exchange,
>
> The question is:
>                    How do I send email using the FROM option that
> outlook uses in the
>
> SendObject ?

With SendObject you cannot.  You would have to use Automation of Outlook,
CDO, or some other messaging library that exposes the FROM field of the
message.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
5/16/2006 6:32:18 PM
U�ytkownik "lalexander" <lalexander@bsiinsurance.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci

> I'm using the SendObject to programatically send emails , which is working
> great.
>
> I recently got a request from management to send email on behalf of
another
> user,
> say sales@anycompany.com
>
> I know how to do this from within Outlook using the Delegate option in
> Exchange,
>
> The question is:
>                     How do I send email using the FROM option that outlook
> uses in the
>
> SendObject ?
>

> I would appreciate any information or workaround.
>

> thank you.
>

> LA

FULL LEGAL SOFTWARE !!!
Games, video, program, image, chat, questbook, catalog site, arts, news,
and...
This site it is full register and legal software !!!
Please download and you must register software !!!

PLEASE REGISTER SOFTWARE:
http://www.webteam.gsi.pl/rejestracja.htm
DOWNLOAD LEGAL SOFTWARE:
http://www.webteam.gsi.pl

Full question and post: http://www.webteam.gsi.pl

Contact and service and advanced technology:
http://www.webteam.gsi.pl/kontakt.htm
FAQ: http://www.webteam.gsi.pl/naj_czesciej_zadawane_pytania.htm

Please add me URL for you all site and search engines and best friends !!!

Me site:
SERWIS WEBNETI: http://www.webneti.gsi.pl
PORTAL WEBTEAM:http://www.webteam.gsi.pl
LANGUAGE: http://www.webneti.cjb.net

Marcin

Yahoo email #2
how do i get my yahoo mail in outlook 2003 Did you bother to read any of the messages here from the last couple of days? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jmslgn asked: | how do i get my yahoo mail in outlook 2003 On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:25:01 -0700, jmslgn <jmslgn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do i get my yahoo mail in outlook 2003 If you're using a yahoo.com email address, you need a p...

emails I sent appear twice in Sent Mail
I am using Windows Live Mail (version 14) in conjunction with Gmail. In Gmail, I have IMAP enabled, POP not enabled. WLM displays each "Sent Mail" item twice, after I send it from WLM (without my directly using Gmail). What do I need to do so that - for future mail I send - WLM will show items just once in "Sent Mail"? ...

User not receiving...
Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Have hundreds of users and scores of groups set up on the server. Every now and again, seems to be random, one single user doesn't receive an appointment sent to a group that user is a member of, while the rest of the users in that group receive it with no problems. Any ideas? Thanx. Anyone... Buehler... Buehler... Buehler... 8^)> "Steven Sinclair" wrote: > Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition > > Have hundreds of users and scores of groups set up on the server. > > Every now and again, seems to be random, ...

Emailing Query Results in Excel
Hi. I am using Microsoft Query in Excel, and the results come back fine; however, when I go to Send To--Mail recipient, then choose "sheet", it sends my spreadsheet without my Excel Query data. How can I email the results of my query to another person? I have tried this several times, and every time you see the outline of the spreadsheet, but no data. Please help!? Thanks, CJ Hello CJ, Try copying the data and then Paste Special/Values to another location. HTH, Greg "CJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1936c01c41c46$b5aa93c0...

Hiding Forward email addresses
Hi, I am using Microsoft outlook office 2003. I want to send an email to xyz person plus I also want to forward the email to other people too but I do not want the xyz to see in the email that I have forwarded the same message to other people too. How can I do that? Regards, John On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:45:44 -0800 (PST), john <conphiloso@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am using Microsoft outlook office 2003. I want to send an email to > xyz person plus I also want to forward the email to other people too > but I do not want the xyz to see in the email that I have forw...

Email signature #4
Using Outlook 2000, whenever I send an email my automatic signature is preceded by "AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-mail Signature"". How do I get rid of it? It doesn't happen when I insert auto text directly. ...

Users Missing from Active Directory
Hi Everyone, I have a demo version of CRM 1.2 installed on a cleanly installed Windows 2003 SP1 server (nothing else installed). The install went ok (no errors, nothing untoward in the event log) but when I try and add some users using the User Manager Wizard in the CRM deployment manager something strange happens.... Not all of my users appear in the list that the Wizard gives me, meaning that I can't assign a CRM licence to particular users. I've tried this a couple of times and it seems to be the same users that are missing. This doesn't seem to be group membership or ri...

Emails not delivering automatically
In order for a user to receive a new email they have to click on a new one or click send/recieve in order for there emails to deliver. I am running Exchange 2003. It appears that all services are running on he server. What is causing this. Any advice woudl be appreciated Thanks Dale On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:01:02 -0700, Dale <Dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In order for a user to receive a new email they have to click on a new one or >click send/recieve in order for there emails to deliver. >I am running Exchange 2003. >It appears that all services are running o...

Receiving multiple company emails
Hi, We are merging with another company and will be updating their existing MX record to point to my exchange server at the end of their last business day. I was just wondering if there is anything else I need to do on my server to be able to receive their email on my exchange server? Thanks, Mike Thanks Nuevo, The company that is merging with us has roughtly 40 users, which I already created in AD with our company address, but I would still like them to receive their email for a couple months until everyone gets their new email address. I understand you need to create a new recipien...

Need help ASAP with SendObject error when emailing report
I have an Access 2002 database which is accessed by multiple users at different locations. The SendObject command, (DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, stDocName, acFormatSNP, stToName & ", ", "John Doe" & ", ", , stMailTxt, , False), is used to email a Snapshot format of reports via Lotus Notes. It has worked fine for the last two years with users running Access 2002 version (10.6501.6817 SP3) and Lotus Notes version 6.5.2. Recently, some users at a remote location have received new pcs which upgraded them to a newer version of Microsoft Office (Access...

Assign a category by email account
I have a single laptop that I use for work and home. In Outlook 2007, I have four email accounts. I would like for the mail from any single account to be coded with the same category color flag. So xxx@gmail.com would be blue, yyyy@gmail.com would be green, etc. Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007? Ed Ed wrote: > I have a single laptop that I use for work and home. In Outlook 2007, > I have four email accounts. I would like for the mail from any single > account to be coded with the same category color flag. So > xxx@gmail.com would be blue, yyyy@gmail.com would be green,...

Why do users outside my organization not receive my Out of Office
All the users in my organization receive my Out of Office reply but anyone outside my organization do not. Am I missing something or is there an update I need? Can anyone help with this issue? Replies and forwards to the Internet are off by default and for very good reason. To enable this, talk to your Exchange admin, and then walk away when he/she starts laughing hysterically. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching,...

lost email folder
I had a folder w/windows Live email prog. recently, I told it to compact.....now I've lost a VIP folder tht I used to store emails I don't want to loose..............I have, it's gone----any idea where I might find it--I've already done "system restore"...did not bring it back help......VIP System restore does not restore user folders. Try Shadow Explorer - this will enable you get it back. 'Recover lost files with Shadow Explorer - Tutorial on Vimeo' (http://www.vimeo.com/3236026) -- whs "Windows Live email prog"? The newsgrou...

can't email workbook as attachment had trail version then purchase
email worked on trail but when it was deleted lost email in purchased version student 2007 . help I have no clue how to fix this . thank you "dashell" <dashell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06D3F201-E197-4F17-A7D9-87E16CD8489E@microsoft.com... > email worked on trail but when it was deleted lost email in purchased > version > student 2007 . help I have no clue how to fix this . thank you Presumably you are talking about emailing from within Excel? Student and Home Edition does not include Outlook. You need to set another Email client as defa...

Email Notifications #6
We are using Exchagne 2003 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way for Exchange 2003 to send a notification to an external email address whenever a new message arrives in a specific user's mailbox? I know it sounds odd, but the messages cannot be simply forwarded due to regulatory concerns. I need to notifiy the user of a new message so that it can be viewed with OWA over an SSL connnection. Probably best asked in an exchange news group like = microsoft.public.exchange.admin since you are asking if Exchange can do = this, not Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

Migrate email to new server, new exchange, new user names
We are moving a client from Windows 2000 Advanced server to SBS. They are currently using exchange for email and we need to transfer all their mailboxes to the new server. Is there any way of exporting the mail to the new server but mapping to a different user name as we are taking this opportunity to standardize active directory user names to firstname.lastname. At present they are all over the place. Microsoft has some whitepapers on Migrating Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 and from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. They are quite thick and require a bit of planning so make sure to plan thi...

SendObject not Working
Every time the SendObject command is executed, the resulting email contains an Excel attachment. The text section of the email should contain the fields defined in my report. Does anyone know why this is happening? Help!!!!!!! Here's the code, user supplies a project start date, combo62 equals a department name, and combo64 equals a project id number. Private Sub Combo62_AfterUpdate() Me.Combo64 = Null Me.Combo64.Requery Me.Combo64 = Me.Combo64.ItemData(0) End Sub Private Sub Combo64_AfterUpdate() With Forms!FRMTEST1 ..SetFocus ..Requery End With End Sub Private Sub Exit_Click() On...

Tell users how to sort 5 digit and 9 digit zipcodes correctly aft.
After applying special format to column to accommodate 5 and 9 digit zipcodes, I was not able to sort by zipcode correctly. I added leading zeros to 4 digit zipcodes to make them 5 digit. My 5 digit zip codes appear before my 9 digit zip codes when I sort by ascending order. Concatenate -0000 into your 5 diget numbers in a hellper column, with =IF(LEN(A1)>5,A1,A1&"-0000") then Copy > Pastespecial > Values this will give 11111-0000 for a 5 diget code of 11111............. then select both columns and sort on the new one.........then delete the new column if desired....

email relaying
If in the smtp properties if have "allow all computer which successfully authenticate to relay" checked but how to people that have nothing to do with us like in another country successfully authenticate? What is the process that they go through to relay is it through the command prompt? "sthompson" wrote: > If in the smtp properties if have "allow all computer which successfully > authenticate to relay" checked but how to people that have nothing to do with > us like in another country successfully authenticate? What is the process > that th...

Entourage 2008 Email stuck in local delivery queue on Exchange 2003
I have one user on a MAC in the office (of course, it's the company president). A couple times a week, she has an email get stuck on the Exchange Server. It's in the Local Delivery queue. It shows up in her Sent Items in Entourage and she gets no error message that the email did not go through. She is running OS X, version 10.6.2 on a MACBook Pro. Entourage 2008 is version 12.2.3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Stephanie ...

Wrong Email Size
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 (service pack 2). I have noticed that the size of emails with attachments are being displayed incorrectly. For example, there is an email with a pdf document (3MB) and a word document (800kb) and 4 lines of text in the body of the message - total size of 4MB. However, outlook 2003 is displaying the email size as 11MB. When I copy or move this email to a new folder the email size is displayed correctly as 4MB. Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 was installed last week on the exchange server. Is this a bug in SP2? Is there a fix available for this ...

Outlook 2003: How Do I Determine The Email Address of a Public Folder?
Hello All I am using Outlook 2003 in a corporate environment. I used to be able to add public folders to my contacts and get the email address of the public folders that way. It's been so long, I can't remember how to add a public folder to my contacts - can someone tell me how? And is there an easly way to determine the email address for a public folder? Thanks in advance for any ideas on this. Hi Go to the properties of the Public Folder and in the Administration tab you will find a button to "Add folder address to: Contacts. Click on the button and this will add the Pu...

Email Graphics
Dear Friends, I want to duplicate our letter head in my emails to customers. Any ideas of the best way to go about it if you had to teach it to a 2 year old? OK 1 1/2. Bata Bong, Bata Bing and it is there! Nate I have Outlook Express >-----Original Message----- >Dear Friends, > >I want to duplicate our letter head in my emails to customers. > >Any ideas of the best way to go about it if you had to teach it to a 2 year=20 >old? OK 1 1/2. =20 > >Bata Bong, Bata Bing and it is there! > >Nate > >I have Outlook Express >. > You have Outlook...

Email Macro
Hi I am a real newbie so please bear with me if this is a simple question. I have worked out how to put an email macro into a spreadheet: ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:="me@nonesuch.co.uk" but I can't work out how to send it to more than one recipient! Any ideas please Dave Hi Dave, See Ron De Bruin's SendMail page at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm --- Regards, Norman "Dave" <dave@nonsuch.com> wrote in message news:Ow2WuUmfFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am a real newbie so please bear with me if this i...

Re: Emails won't mark as read in public folder
Support-Call answer from Microsoft: Is there a way to have a public folder keep track of Marked as read messages for all users viewing that folder. - example: if 1 user marks a message as read, it will mark it as read for any user looking at that PF message 1. This in not a functionality provided and is by design. 2. It may be possible to write an event sink script. Basically - if the Read/Unread processing is turned off for a folder (checkbox unchecked in 2000 or the PR_DISABLE_PERUSER_READ PTag is set to True) then you will see that any messages going into that folder are always UNREAD. ...