Removal of "unsafe attachments"

I am new at using most computers.  I am having a
challenge with OE removing access to "unsafe attachments"
from people I know and trust.  I am not sure what the
challenge is or how to resolve it.  Any help or
suggestions would be appreciated.
Tiffany
0
anonymous

See
 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570

This newsgroup is for MS Access, the database product.  If you have further
questions about Outlook Express, ask your question in one of the newsgroups
with outlookexpress in the name such as

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP

> I am new at using most computers.  I am having a
> challenge with OE removing access to "unsafe attachments"
> from people I know and trust.  I am not sure what the
> challenge is or how to resolve it.  Any help or
> suggestions would be appreciated.
> Tiffany

0
Joan

oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail
Just did a bunch of updating to my windows 98 and now i can't open any attachments. please help hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using tools | options | security. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "...

Removed unsafe attachments
To make a long story short, I got new computer and tried to email files and got a message that OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements.... Is there a way to receive/get/save these files? Thanks, Debbie Debbie wrote: > To make a long story short, I got new computer and tried > to email files and got a message that OE removed access > to the following unsafe attachements.... Is there a way > to receive/get/save these files? > > Thanks, > Debbie There are a number of possible reasons. Many times is it because the security level is set too high...

OE 6.0 "Unsafe attachments" #2
Recently began receiving msg "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: xxx.jpg, yyy,jpg, etc." What's causing this? I am comfortable with these attachments and want to access them. How do I turn off this function, and how do I access attachments removed by this function? Happening on both Win 98 and XP Here is a link to an article that explains why this is happening and how to disable this feature in Outlook Express, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;291387. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partne...

Outlook Blocked access to the following potentionally unsafe attachments:AbetterSubForm.mdb.
An associate sent me a MS Access data base file and I received the following message: "Outlook Blocked access to the following potentionally unsafe attachments:AbetterSubForm.mdb.", so I was unable to view the attachment. Is there a way to set Outlook to be able to receive MS Access files? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. "DaveB" <Burrone50@msn.com> wrote in message news:41513D53-41B5-4B55-8A46-3B7C6E5E6A94@microsoft.com... > An associate sent me a MS Access data base file and I received the following message: "Out...

removing access to unsafe attachments
Every once in a while I will get the message that "OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" I have not thought much about it until I e-mailed myself some attachments from my home computer which I know does not have a virus and the attachments are not "unsafe" If it automatically removes access to it, can I somehow get access to the attachments I sent. I really need to have them here at work and they are too big to put on a disk and bring with me. Any help? Carol Husted Carol Husted Bashed at the keyboard and said: > Every onc...

Unsafe Attachments #6
I'm getting the following message when trying to open an attachment using Outlook Express: "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail..." The attachments are OK, an associate is able to open them using identical SW. How do I fix this? Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Janice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29dc801c46519$48aea790$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the following message when trying to open...

"oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments" ?????
apparently outlook express is not allowing me to open attachments it deems as unsafe. i can't open trusted email attachments. how can i turn this off? In news:045101c36126$7eab8f90$a601280a@phx.gbl, jz13 <jz13@pacbell.net> typed: > apparently outlook express is not allowing me to open > attachments it deems as unsafe. i can't open trusted email > attachments. how can i turn this off? Outlook Express does this by default, for any file type which *can* contain a virus. It's not a virus checker, doesn't actually check the attachments, and this doesn't mean...

unsafe attachments #4
When I tried to send my step daughter an attachment of MSN it said Outlook had blocked the potentially unsafe attachment. How do I set Outlook to allow me to send the files that I want? Can't I somehow set up Outlook to notify me if something might be unsafe, but to let me decide how to handle it? Unblocking it on your computer doesn't unblock it for the recipient. The best thing to do is to send it in a Zip-file. For more info see; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook ...

Outlook Blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments #3
I am receiving the following message on some emails: Outlook Blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: I know how to remove this annoying restriction in Outlook Express but cant find the equivalent setting in Outlook 2002. Thanks Tools > Send/Receive Settings > Define Send/Receive Groups > Select the 'Group' > Edit > Check the box that says 'Download complete item including attachments' If you don't already have a group set up, follow the script from Add on the 'Define .. ' page K "Colin" <.@.> wrote in m...

unsafe attachments ?
Does anyone have a work around or solution to "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment "? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "phk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00b301c3d08e$6a159a80$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have a work around or solution to "Outlook > blocked access to the following potentially unsafe > attachment "? Ken Slovak (Outlook-MVP) has a t...

Un- "Blocking unsafe attachments"?
I have been sent an exe file but it has been blocked by Outlook as potentially unsafe. How do I turn this feature off? Also tried lowering my security settings below medium, but it would not allow me. Very frustrating- a reflection of the dumming down of society and its inherent, self perpetuating paranoia! See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm If man wasn't out to prove a point by tricking his fellow man, stuff like this wouldn't be necessary. "Ozman" <nospam@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:uzZ8Wgi$FHA.3464@TK2MSF...

removed unsafe attachments message
i want to stop outlook express from removing email attachments. i have a virus scan running that i am confident of and do not wish this interference. how can i disable this feature? Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this...

unsafe attachments #5
I cannot view most of the attachments sent to me. I get an error that reads "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:....." How can I fix this? I can send these attachments to another user on our system and he has no problems opening the attachments. Please help. Thanks Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow attachments... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft...

OE removes unsafe attachments.
When I move a message to my local folders, Outlook express removes the attachments. They are grey instead of black and I cann't access them. There is also a message that states "OE has removed unsafe attachments". It happens with .PDF files but not .doc. Does any one know how to stop this from occuring. Thanks Heaps Brent Savage. tools | options | security tab | uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments "Brent Savage" <brent_j_savage@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:041b01c36c31$d44bf190$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I move a message to...

Unsafe attachments #8
My daughter sent me a URL for I site I've been looking for. Outlook 2003 displayed: "You are now viewing this message in the Internet Zone. Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: obit.url." How can I turn this blocking off? How can I get this URL since the mail message was now blank. I believe she was using IE on her office PC and just picked the "Mail To" button to send me the URL. I guess IE sends the URL's as attachments. I normally leave the messages on my ISP's server for a week so if there was a way to turn off this b...

Unsafe attachments #3
I consistently receive a warning message "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment in your mail". These attachments are coming from safe sources - family members and I'd like to view them. Is there a way to allow these messages through? This is a group to support Outlook from Microsoft Office. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has separate groups. Having said that, Tools->Options->Security. And next time, please search google for this answer as it will appear about 80,000 times by now. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

Removal of "unsafe attachments"
I am new at using most computers. I am having a challenge with OE removing access to "unsafe attachments" from people I know and trust. I am not sure what the challenge is or how to resolve it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Tiffany See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329570 This newsgroup is for MS Access, the database product. If you have further questions about Outlook Express, ask your question in one of the newsgroups with outlookexpress in the name such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP ...

OE removes access to unsafe attachments
can anyone please help me on how to fix this problem. i am unable to open any attachments thanks ...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments
New computer and OE will not allow ANY attachments to be accessed, even though they are safe and have been opened in other email addresses. Any ideas There is a setting in outlook that tells it to strip attachments. If you uncheck this it will allow attachments and allow you to open the attachments taken out before. >-----Original Message----- >New computer and OE will not allow ANY attachments to be >accessed, even though they are safe and have been opened >in other email addresses. Any ideas >. > tools-options-security-uncheck the do not allow attachments block &qu...

Unsafe attachments #7
I got some emails containing photos of my grandsons graduation but I can't save them as I get a message that says OEremoved access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail (file name) Can someone tell me how I can get access to the pics Thanks Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ca01c4a54f$53e2abe0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I got some emails containing photos of my grandsons > graduation but I can...

unsafe attachments in Windows XP-Outlook Express
I previously recvd some emails with attachments I was unable to open, but I had always deleted them rather than processing the update suggested. I could previously open all other attachments, except the few with this error message. About Dec.10 I decided to follow the instructions to download (I'm not sure what), it was going to allow me to open one of these attachments. I did so, and since then have been receiving a message on ALL emails with any attachment of "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: "title of email attachment".eml"...

OE removing "Unsafe attachments" that are safe
Outlook Express is removing what it calls "Unsafe attachments" from e-mails. The attachments come from trusted sources. I am sure they're safe. Not all attachments are blocked. I have examined OE options and help files but can't find anything that applies to this. Can anyone help? Reply to my personal e-mail below appreciated. Peter Parisi pparisi@hunter.cuny.edu Tools | Options | Security... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgro...

OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your e-mail
Outlook express has given me the following message with regards to all the messages I have received from a reliable source which has attachments included. Does anyone know how I can open my e-mail attachments? HELP new to Outlook Express. Next time, research using groups.google.com - you will find several tens of thousands of the same answer: Tools->Options->Security tab. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own ne...

OE removes access to unsafe attachments in mail
how do i fix this problem. i am unable to open any emails with attachments. can anyone help on a fix for this? thanks Uncheck the second box from the top after selecting Tools | Options | Security tab in Outlook Express. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "us4857" <us4857@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:036301c3ce66$9d279970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how do i fix this problem. i am unable to open any > emails with attachments. can anyone help on a fix for > this? thanks "...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2
How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments safe and let me open them? Anyone know? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...