reading .mdb in access 97 format

Pliz help me how can I be able to read a .mdb with access 97 or maybe
its impossible

0
tace

"Read?"

You are not giving us much to go on here... are you getting error messages?

If you have an Access .mdb file and you try to use Access  '97 to read it,
what happens?

It may be that the .mdb file was written with a newer version of Access ...
if so, you could either use a newer version of Access, or you could ask
whoever created the .mdb to re-save it in Access '97 format.

--
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/

Microsoft Registered Partner
https://partner.microsoft.com/

"tace" <tennytace@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Pliz help me how can I be able to read a .mdb with access 97 or maybe
> its impossible

0
Jeff
4/5/2007 12:54:41 PM
Generally, you need the same version of Access (or later) in order to read an
mdb file.

You can usually read EARLIER versions but not LATER versions. Therefore,
probably this is in a version later than Access97.

Check with your supplier of the mdb. They may be able to convert to an earlier
version (ie Access97), but unlike Word or Excel it might also need a lot of
testing even if they do (Access tends to be a lot more complex than, say, Word
or Excel, immediate apologies to experts in those fields!)

There is also "security" on many mdb's. Maybe you can't read it because you
are not "authorised" in terms of Access security. Only the person you got it
from could answer that. It would depend on what the error message is, was, or
may yet be.

Chris

"tace" <tennytace@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Pliz help me how can I be able to read a .mdb with access 97 or maybe
> its impossible

0
Chris

Reading .wks file

Import data from Access to Excel containing VB code
Hi! I am trying to import data from an Access database to an Excel spreadsheet. I have imported several queries from Access into Excel already. However the last piece of data that I am wanting to import into Excel has VB code in the query doing a calculation automatically. So when I go to Excel to import that piece of data, those queries that contain the VB code don't even show up as import-able. Is there a way to import these queries from access into my excel worksheet? I am using Access 2003 and running on an XP OS. Is it possible to do it in Excel 2007 if not available in Excel 2003? I...

Dialup user access to exchange server
We have a Exchange 2003 server which is accessed by corporate user in exchange mode (RPC) in the LAN. Some of these users need to access the server remotely by dialup to the corporate RAS server using the smart client (MS Outlook 2003 - Exchnage mode). There is a Firewall sit in between the RAS and the exchange server. RAS is in a DMZ network and the Exchange is in the trusted network. What are the ports required to be open between the RAS and the Exchange server in order to access the exchange server in a secure manner. Please advice In news:11F7B6FB-E518-4211-8085-920FED4C712D@micros...

Why do Excel and Access freeze on the splash page?
I have just installed Office Pro 2003, removing all previous versions, and I can load Word, but not Excel, Access or Powerpoint. I have tried running virus software (up to date McAfee), re-installing and re-booting but nothing is working. I had the same problem in Office 2000 as well with Excel. Help please. Thanks, Chris. ...

Suppressing DTD look-up via web access when loading XmlDocument
Hi In one of our test suites we load an xml document (it's actually .svg). I'm trying to find some way of stopping the eventual call to HttpWebRequest.GetResponse which I presume it's doing when going to get the DTD at "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd". The result is a time-out because this machine is isolated from the database, the web, everything really :-) I tried to pass XmlDocument a non-validating reader e.g. XmlTextReader but the web request was still attempted. I also set its XmlResolver to null but to no avail. Would anyone be able to ...

File won't open as read only

"File access denied" to PST file
I have gone from Windows 2000 running Outlook 2000 to Windows XP Pro running Outlook 2003. When I try opening my saved .pst file in the new Outlook I get a message saying "File access denied. You do not have permission required to access to file mailbox.pst" I am logged on as Administrator, as I was on the old install. How do I open my saved mailbox.pst or archive.pst? TIA How did you try opening it? is this a local .pst file? If it is not on your C: drive, is it marked Read-Only? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

Can't Convert Access 97 MDE File
I have an application that we have been unable to get to work on Access 2000. I have created an MDE file and used office developer tools to create a run time file for a machine with Access 2000 on it. I get the "You can't convert or enable an MDE file" when I go to run it. I know there is something you can change in the Office Developers Setup Wizard to get this to work, but I forgot what it was. Does anyone know. Thank You in Advance Tony No, you can't convert an MDE. You have to use Access 97 with the 97 MDE, and A2K MDE with Access 2000. (david) "Ton...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

CRM Web Synchronization / Remote Access
Hello Everyone, A couple of quick questions. We have just implemented CRM into our organization. I have setup access via a http://crm.company.com so the crm is accessible from the web. Is this the right thing to do? Is there anyway to restrict the users who are allowed to use the external version of crm? Should the crm client point to http://crm.company.com or http://internal. Thanks everyone in advance. Dan L 1. If you are putting Microsoft CRM on the web as part of your user requirements, you should *REALLY* look into securing it since anyone (outside your LAN) can intercept your...

excel file can not be accessed
When opening an excel file I get an error that reads " 'Excel File Name.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." The file is not read-only. The other files in the same location are readable. The document is stored on a local drive. Any suggestions on how to read the file? Thanks for your time. Dave Could this be it? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly (from Debra Dalgleish's site) Dave wrote: > > When op...

Accessing data from Excel spreadsheet
Hello World, Does anyone know if there is a relatively easy way to read fields in an Excel spreadsheet from VC++? Thanks, Stephanie You can always save the data in .csv form and read it in after parsing. Another more elegant approach would be to use automation and use excel's object model to access the data. Here is good starting point for automation: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q178781/ --- Ajay Stephanie Doherty wrote: > Hello World, > > Does anyone know if there is a relatively easy way to read fields in an > Excel spreadsheet from VC++? > > Thanks, > S...

reading confirmation

Accessing an email account programmatically
Hello, We have Exchange 2K (moving soon to 2003) that serves all our users - about 1500. I need to access a particular email account programmatically for one of my applications so that I can get emails and respond based on certain biz logic. Understandably the Excahnge admin is hesistant in letting me do anything "fancy". What options do I have to be able to access one or more email accounts programmatically and what if any are risks associated with each of those methods. Any pointers to whitepapers discussing these would also be helpful. TIA, Sanjay. I can't provide you wi...

Inserting picture causes paragraph formatting to be ignored.
when I insert a picture into a publisher page -- say between two text boxes or a text box with 2 columns. To th right of the picture, the paragraph formatting is missing -- such as the first line indention. The column on the left is fine even though it is narrower of course. the first line indention remains. but the one to the right of the column loses its first line indent. If I go into the text itself and try to put in the paragrah changes to say first line indent, the page does not recognize it and still gives me a flush left margin in the text to the right of the inserted pictur...

Conditional Formatting #25
I know that you can do "less than" conditional formatting, but can you do conditional formatting if it is like this: if (value not currently active) < (cell currently active) then [do formatting] Maybe... I created a table (A1:H20) and selected that table. With A1 the activecell, I could use: Format|Conditional formatting formula is: =A1>INDIRECT(CELL("address")) But I had to make sure that excel recalculated--just selecting the cell won't be enough. I just hit F2 and enter to force that recalc. Another way to force a recalculation is by using a works...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 on same workstation
Sorry, this has probably been asked a thousand times. Can I install Access 2007 on a machine with Access 2003 and keep both versions. I used to do this with Access 2000 and 2003. Since I am a developer, I need to test and develope with the customers version. TIA Marcus Yes you can. However, be aware that there's currently a problem so that whenever you switch from one version to the other, it'll take several minutes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Marcus Smaby" <mrsmaby@msn.mom> wrote in message news:%23...

Formatting still not kept....
Thanks so much for your reply Frank. But unfortunately, all that it did was paste the text without the lines breaks, all run together.... But thanks! This should not be so hard, should it? Hi Kristin With the Find/Replace function. I copied a cell containing your finished title layout (using the Alt+Enter new line formatting) into the Replace with: field and clicked on Options>> then the lower -- Format... and selected -- Choose Format From Cell. (I also used the Alt+Enter just for good measure in the "Replace with" field but I don't think it helped). This achieved...

Replace million-billion number format to lakhs-crores format
How do i put comma in a number in lakhs-crores format rather than i million-billion format as lakhs-crores format is prevalent in Indi -- Sumi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Sumit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2952 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49219 Googling on "lakhs-crores" gave me http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/5020a.asp as the first link, which gives a macro that may do what you want. Andrew Sumit wrote: > How do i put comma in ...

The memory could not be "read".

Restricting access to Export to Excel functionality.
Hi all I am aware that the answer is likely to be 'no', but is anybody aware of a way in which I can disable the Export to Excel functionality on the various screens (accounts, contacts, etc.) - either on a user by user basis or globally. A customer of mine believes this functionality makes it too easy for a user to do a complete dump of the central CRM data to Excel. (Obviously we have given them access to the data and we want them to be able to view it, but we do not want them to easily be able to do a complete dump). Any help appreciated. Cheers Andrew Andrew Volz Senior Consu...

Outlook Web Access automatically closeing its connection to your mailbox after a period of inactivity.
Does anyone know or Is there any way to increase the time of Outlook Web Access automatically closeing its connection to your mailbox after a period of inactivity. thanks ...

publisher document to pdf format without horizontal lines
I created a map with text boxes, and pictures and use Print to pdf to create an unalterable map for general users. However, when I do this there are multiple orizontal grey lines on the pdf output. How do I save a publisher document as a pdf document without these lines? Are you printing to Acrobat or some other PDF printer? If you print your publication to a regular printer, does the output have the lines? Can you send the file to me? I will test your file to see if I get the same result. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...