Reading Access Files on PDA - Please help!!

I have ordered a PDA a HP Ipaq H2210, and I want to transfer a database I
have on my PC to my Ipaq. On my PC I use MS Access 2002. Access is not
available on the Ipaq so I was wondering if any knew of any software that I
can get that I will run on the Ipaq and can read/write Access 2002 files.

Does anyone know of any such software that I can use? Ideally it should be
freeware.

I hope you can help.

Thanks!!

0
Neil

I do not know of any software that will run on the Ipaq that could
read/write Access 2002 files. Perhaps, you may want to return the IPaq and
find a PDA that does supports Access.

"Neil Hindry" <n_nospam_hindry@_nospam_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have ordered a PDA a HP Ipaq H2210, and I want to transfer a database I
> have on my PC to my Ipaq. On my PC I use MS Access 2002. Access is not
> available on the Ipaq so I was wondering if any knew of any software that
> can get that I will run on the Ipaq and can read/write Access 2002 files.
>
> Does anyone know of any such software that I can use? Ideally it should be
> freeware.
>
> I hope you can help.
>
> Thanks!!

0
GVaught
1/13/2004 3:42:40 AM
They is some freeware available, but SprintDB is the best
I've seen. It costs around $30. Note that you have to make
new forms on the PDA, with SprintDB you can not only make
new forms but make relationships as well, simular as in
access. The other can only view a single tabel.

0
Diho

Import data from Access to Excel containing VB code
Hi! I am trying to import data from an Access database to an Excel spreadsheet. I have imported several queries from Access into Excel already. However the last piece of data that I am wanting to import into Excel has VB code in the query doing a calculation automatically. So when I go to Excel to import that piece of data, those queries that contain the VB code don't even show up as import-able. Is there a way to import these queries from access into my excel worksheet? I am using Access 2003 and running on an XP OS. Is it possible to do it in Excel 2007 if not available in Excel 2003? I...

Reading .wks file

Inserting text from a .txt file
I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. Anyway, here is my question: How do I insert the text from a text file into my e-mail document. I am using the rtf editor. thank you, ~alan copy/paste? "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23%23AwZrIKEHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook > Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. > > Anywa...

Why do Excel and Access freeze on the splash page?
I have just installed Office Pro 2003, removing all previous versions, and I can load Word, but not Excel, Access or Powerpoint. I have tried running virus software (up to date McAfee), re-installing and re-booting but nothing is working. I had the same problem in Office 2000 as well with Excel. Help please. Thanks, Chris. ...

error attaching file to email
Getting the error: File Upload Failure There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file. Check the path and try again. The file is a pdf, about 74 KB. Any ideas?? ...

HELP! CFtpConnection GetFile cause memory leaking, WHY?
I'm trying to use CFtpConnection GetFile to download files from a WS_FTP server. I found if I download 1000 files (Size from 17KB to 25KB ), it can cause about 10M memory leaking. When I commented out the GetFile( ) line, there was no memorry leaking. WHY? Following is part of my source code: try { // Request a connection to Image Server //Use default FTP Port //Use Passive MODE pConnect =3D sess.GetFtpConnection(strISIP,strFtpUser,...

Import txt file into excel with 281,344 rows
Hi, I've got a very large txt file that I need to import into excel. It has 288,344 rows. Is there a way I can do this? The fields on my txt file are separated by a pipe "|" Thanks in advance. If you're using xl2007, then that data will fit. Open the .txt file and choose delimited by | If you're using xl2003 and below, you could use your favorite text editor to make several smaller .txt files (65536 rows or smaller) and import each into separate worksheets. JulieM39 wrote: > > Hi, I've got a very large txt file that I need to impo...

Suppressing DTD look-up via web access when loading XmlDocument
Hi In one of our test suites we load an xml document (it's actually .svg). I'm trying to find some way of stopping the eventual call to HttpWebRequest.GetResponse which I presume it's doing when going to get the DTD at "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd". The result is a time-out because this machine is isolated from the database, the web, everything really :-) I tried to pass XmlDocument a non-validating reader e.g. XmlTextReader but the web request was still attempted. I also set its XmlResolver to null but to no avail. Would anyone be able to ...

Dialup user access to exchange server
We have a Exchange 2003 server which is accessed by corporate user in exchange mode (RPC) in the LAN. Some of these users need to access the server remotely by dialup to the corporate RAS server using the smart client (MS Outlook 2003 - Exchnage mode). There is a Firewall sit in between the RAS and the exchange server. RAS is in a DMZ network and the Exchange is in the trusted network. What are the ports required to be open between the RAS and the Exchange server in order to access the exchange server in a secure manner. Please advice In news:11F7B6FB-E518-4211-8085-920FED4C712D@micros...

"File access denied" to PST file
I have gone from Windows 2000 running Outlook 2000 to Windows XP Pro running Outlook 2003. When I try opening my saved .pst file in the new Outlook I get a message saying "File access denied. You do not have permission required to access to file mailbox.pst" I am logged on as Administrator, as I was on the old install. How do I open my saved mailbox.pst or archive.pst? TIA How did you try opening it? is this a local .pst file? If it is not on your C: drive, is it marked Read-Only? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

File won't open as read only

Weird files
Just noticed I've got a ton of weird files with names like 2BE48300. The normal files seem to be ok. Any idea what might be producing all these extra files? -- For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. ....Alice Kahn Not sure. Perhaps cleaning up your hard drive will help. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/how_to_clean_up_your_hard_drive.htm Are they Excel files? **************************** Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com **************************** "Steve" <teu@qprc.inv> wrote in message...

path of .pst file
Hello everyone, I want to develop a stand alone application to send and recieve mails through MS Outlook.how can i retrieve the path of .pst file from .net application. actually i am thinking of reading the pst file of MS Outlook. is it possible? Thanks in Advance jyoti The pst file is stored in the profile path of the MSOUTLOK Since the path of the pst can be varied by the user, as can its name, ie it neednt be in the install default path, your app would first have to search for the pst, then you would have to figure out if it/which was the current pst. There are alleged to be third ...

Delete oldest file first
All, I am looking for some code that deletes the oldest files first in a directory. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. "karibbean" <sharp_mind@REMOVE.this.email.msn.dotcom> wrote in message news:uJZArpxvFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I am looking for some code that deletes the oldest files first in a > directory. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. See FindFirstFile, FindNextFile, FindClose, DeleteFile -- With best wishes, Igor Tandetnik With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is ...

Can't Convert Access 97 MDE File
I have an application that we have been unable to get to work on Access 2000. I have created an MDE file and used office developer tools to create a run time file for a machine with Access 2000 on it. I get the "You can't convert or enable an MDE file" when I go to run it. I know there is something you can change in the Office Developers Setup Wizard to get this to work, but I forgot what it was. Does anyone know. Thank You in Advance Tony No, you can't convert an MDE. You have to use Access 97 with the 97 MDE, and A2K MDE with Access 2000. (david) "Ton...

scrambled excel file
Hi AGAIN. I'm trying to open a file that was deleted and later retrieved through GetData Back. It has an .xls extension, but when I try to open it, it's just symbols. Is there some way I can retrieve the proper info. from that file? Do I have to save it as something else? I really need this file back - l mean life & death!! I will attach the file to see if someone can figure this out for me. Thanks again for your help. Your advice last time was great. Sandy Attachment filename: wolf_info liz.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.ph...

Make excel 2003 default to open files
I have Excel 2003 running alongside 2007. Double clicking an excel file causes it to open in 2007; how do I force 2003 to open the files instead? Sandy You most likely have to reset your file association from 2007 to 2003. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe for Office 2003 In that case Start>Run "C:\your path to\office11\excel.exe" ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

CRM Web Synchronization / Remote Access
Hello Everyone, A couple of quick questions. We have just implemented CRM into our organization. I have setup access via a http://crm.company.com so the crm is accessible from the web. Is this the right thing to do? Is there anyway to restrict the users who are allowed to use the external version of crm? Should the crm client point to http://crm.company.com or http://internal. Thanks everyone in advance. Dan L 1. If you are putting Microsoft CRM on the web as part of your user requirements, you should *REALLY* look into securing it since anyone (outside your LAN) can intercept your...

open pst file?
I received an email on outlook and saved it to a file in my docs to review later. Now, I tried to open a pst file in the email and was given a message that there is no program available to open it, or something to that effect. I have gone to the office website--no info. I read the discussion postings here and the closest one seems to suggest a solution through explorer somehow. I am not versed in these issues. It would seem there would be a built-in solution for this but apparently not. I am stuck! You have to use your email client to import a PST file. Go to FILE>IMPORT AND E...

Several files opening at the same time
I have a shortcut on my Quick Launch bar to a file called Index.xls wherein other hyperlinks take me to a zillion other places as a means of organisation of my computer data. For a couple of months I've been finding that whenever I click Index.xls another file called PERSONAL.XLS opens as well (or in fact momentarily before). I don't know why this is happening. As far as I know I did not change anything that might cause this phenomenon. I located PERSONAL.XLS and changed the filename to PERSONAL.XL1 to see if that might prevent it from opening, but now I have PERSONAL.XL1, PERSONA...

Close Outlook in Batch File
I have a batch file that backs up all the networked computers in the office to the server. This program will back up the Outlook (pst) file if the employee remembers to close Outlook. Is there a command line I can use in my batch program that will close Outlook? ...

need help with macros
Hello folks. Cant say that I know much about macros. I am a computer support technician trying to help someone who also does not have a strong understanding of macros. I'll get right to it. The way this was explained to me was that a macro was created in excel file #1. I am told that (and I have observed this) when you open excel file #1 and excel file #2 (no macro created in #2) and then go back to file #1 and click tools > macro > macros you should see the name of the macro created already there and you should just be able to click the "run". But the name of the ma...

excel file can not be accessed
When opening an excel file I get an error that reads " 'Excel File Name.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." The file is not read-only. The other files in the same location are readable. The document is stored on a local drive. Any suggestions on how to read the file? Thanks for your time. Dave Could this be it? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly (from Debra Dalgleish's site) Dave wrote: > > When op...