Read OLE Object field to image ?

I have an Access database (images.mdb) that has 2 columns: one is the id of
the picture (an integer) and one (column named picture) is a field of type
OLE Object which contains an image stored as on OLE Object (it can store
jpg, bmp, gif, but I don't
know what image is stored inside).
I want to retrieve the picture stored in the database and identified by a
given id and display it in a web page (.aspx).
I write in Visual C# and use Visual Studio .NET, but it does not matter, VB
answers are just as
wellcome.
My problem is that this OLE Object field does not contain just the raw array
of bytes that form the image. So I can not just read the array of bytes and
output it to the browser.
no, it contains some extra information about the type of the file stored
(which would be good to know so I can know what kind of image it is). but I
don't know how to get this information.
I also don't know how to separate this information from the actual image.
Does anyone know how to solve this ?

0
Andre

Reading .wks file

Possible to globally set fields in messages views?
I have numerous folders and subfolders in my in-box. I now have Outlook 2003 on WinXP, formerly using Outlook 2000 on Win2k. In neither one can I find a way to either change the e-mail default fields once and for all (in which case I'd want one default for in-coming and another for out-going), or to change existing folders all at once (in which case I'd again want to set all in-box folders one way and all sent folders another way. Is there any way to do this? If so, how? Thanks. -- Bob Bob <xxxx@xxxxx.com> wrote: > I have numerous folders and subfolders in my in-box. I n...

File won't open as read only

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

reading confirmation

how to fill CBitmap with TIF image?
I am trying to use the CBitmap object for printing a TIF file. I view some examples that uses CBitmap for printing without the Doc/View Framework. My problem is that i dont know how to load the CBitmap object with the image stored in the TIF file. I am using the object function as follow: bitmap.Attach(::LoadImage(::GetModuleHandle(NULL), filename, IMAGE_CURSOR, 0, 0, LR_LOADFROMFILE | LR_CREATEDIBSECTION | LR_DEFAULTSIZE)) What am i doing wrong ??? Thanks for your help. You can use the GDI+ Image class to load the TIFF file. But the example for printing won't work with that out of...

The memory could not be "read".

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Failed to hide column with message "cannot shift object off sheet"
Hi, I've a Excel 2000 worksheet that has 173 columns (A to FQ) with comments in a number of cells. I can't hide columns (say E:BW) with error message "cannot shift object off sheet". I searched into Microsoft Knowledgebase and found article 211769. I followed the resolution but stopped at step "3." where I can't find "Comment" of Format menu. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem? Thanks, Frankie What is in columns FR through IV? If nothing, columns FR:IV and Right-click on a selected columns header - select "Delete. -- HTH...

Filter by Field in Subform
I need to filter a main form based on fields in my subform. For example, my main form has a field [Order Number] and the header contains standard information about the origin of the parts and what is to be done with them, like the PO Number, and Customer information. My subform contains information like the Part Number, Qty, the ID Number for that particular line item, etc. My boss needs to be able to tell how many orders contain Part Number so and so... information that is specific to the underlying table in the subform, but he also needs the associated information in the main form...

Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'SY60100'
Using Great Plains 7.0. During Create Company process - trying to add one company, I received an error during the very last step of "Create Company Information". The error is: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKSY60100'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'SY60100'. make sure that the DYNAMICS database is owned by DYNSA make sure that the TWO database, if present is owned by DYNSA. THis you will have to check by using SQL enterprise manager or Query Analyzer. ------ Robert "mrosa" <mrosa@ProfitL...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...

Suggested reading
Any suggested reading for Access 2003 VBA? I have both "Step by Step Access 2003" And "Microsoft Access 2003 VBA for Dummies" (how Ironic) and niether have been very helpful. Try this book. It's a winner: Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference by Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, and Armen Stein http://www.amazon.com/Access-2007-Programmers-Reference-Programmer/dp/0470047038/ref=sr_1_1/104-1181757-2327103?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1185824619&sr=8-1 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.access...

Converting heading/table/figure fields correctly to .pdf?
I'm using Microsoft Word 2007. So here's the problem. I have a very long document (300+ pages) that has made very good use of the list styles for headings, tables, and figures so that when the document is changed, the fields are automatically updated (almost a necessity with how much it is edited, and the size of the document). The problem is, we often times have to publish this document to a .pdf. When using the Word 2007 default "Publish to PDF or XDS" function, it drops the heading numbers from the headings in the bookmarks on the .pdf (i.e. the bookmarks...

Where is Microsoft Map, I can't find it in the Insert Object menu
I can't find Microsoft Map in Excel 2003 See this Knowledgebase article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;277606 "Tony Dooley" wrote: > I can't find Microsoft Map in Excel 2003 ...

Lead Custom Fields Fail to Appear after restoring
We are having problems keeping the customizations for the Lead forms only after restoring. We have customized the Lead form after data migration, backed up the database, exported the customizations to HTML, as a precaution, then when we restore the database only the Lead customizations do not appear (all other customizations on the Account an Contact forms appear), and when we try and import in the html customization file back in, it they still don't appear. Any solution to this? Thanks in advance! Shauna Have you run the deployment manager on your CRM server after saving customi...

Controling READ ONLY and READ/WRITE mode when opening a project PS
Hello All, I was looking for a way to force users to select between READ ONLY and READ/WRITE instead of it defaulting to READ/WRITE when opening projects in MS Project 2007. Any suggestions would be a huge help. Thanks, Eric Eric -- Short of using custom software development, there is no way to force this issue with your PMs. If you want to try the custom software development route, then please repost your message in the microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup. Otherwise, make this a training and performance issue with your PMs. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Ho...

Calculating the Sum IF fields equal criteria
I have expense fields classified as "parts" or "labor". I need to create a formula to look at ExpenseType fields 1-10, determine if they are labor, and then calculate the Total fields sum of the labor field expenses into a field called TotalLaborCost. Then I need to do the same process to calculate the sum of expenses classified as Parts in the TotalPartsCost field. Fields in the form: "ExpenseType1" "ExpenseType2"..... (type of expense: labor or parts) "Quantity1", "Quantity2"..... (how many of each item or how many hours) "C...

Reporting on Custom Fields without Crystal Enterprise
I would like to know if it is possible to report on custom MSCRM fields without Crystal Enterprise? Reading the Microsoft Reports FAQ says to log onto Crystal Enterprise and update the available fields by verifying the database. I do not have Crystal Enterprise on my computer so verifying the database throws errors. I have been modifying the standard MSCRM Crystal reports and then importing them using MSCRM Report Manager. This has worked fine but doesn’t allow me to report on custom fields. Is there a work around for reporting custom fields if you do not have Crystal Enterprise? ...

Changing OLE DB connection
I'm trying to create a macro that will automatically Edit OLE DB Query each month. The closest help I got was the following: tSource="C:\Mar05\File05.xls" With cn .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" .ConnectionString = "Data Source=" & tSource & ";" & _ "Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;" .Open End With Not sure of the Open but what I'd like to see the new source file when I check on the Edit OLE DB Query screen the next time. Thanks in advance. Jam22171 wrote: > I'm trying to create a macro that wil...