Queries to Views?

I posted this question in a SQL Svr newsgroup and was basically slapped down
for doing so.  I was told this is an "Access" issue and I should try an
"Access" group (man, those guys can be sensitive!).  So, here we go...

I've tried a few different approaches but, each time I try to convert an
access query to a view in SQL Svr 2000, the result is a table not a view.
Does anyone know how to take the dozens of queries I've created and move them
into SQL server as views without copying and pasting the SQL statements into
query analyzer one at a time?

I've tried SQL DTS and Access upsizing but I'm not getting anywhere.

Thanks!

I am fairly sure that they are actually Views in SQL Server.  However, when
you link a View back to an Access database, the View will appear as an
ODBC-linked Table in Access.

If you want to check this, you can use the EM (Enterprise Manager) to see
that they are Views and not Tables.

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

"bernadou" <bernadou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I posted this question in a SQL Svr newsgroup and was basically slapped
down
> for doing so.  I was told this is an "Access" issue and I should try an
> "Access" group (man, those guys can be sensitive!).  So, here we go...
>
> I've tried a few different approaches but, each time I try to convert an
> access query to a view in SQL Svr 2000, the result is a table not a view.
> Does anyone know how to take the dozens of queries I've created and move
them
> into SQL server as views without copying and pasting the SQL statements
into
> query analyzer one at a time?
>
> I've tried SQL DTS and Access upsizing but I'm not getting anywhere.
>
> Thanks!

Van

In Outlook I want to change view setting for ALL folders
Using Office 2003. In Outlook, I want to change the View settings for all the folders at once (e.g. Reading Pane, Auto Preview, etc.) instead of needing to change each individual folder's settings.. How can I do that? Thanks. "OscarVogel" <rtk@divecochran.com> wrote in message news:28FE3872-AC0E-4A34-AC17-41C167E5CB06@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2003. > > In Outlook, I want to change the View settings for all the folders at once > (e.g. Reading Pane, Auto Preview, etc.) instead of needing to change each > individual folder's settings.. Ho...

Timer for Queries?

Erratic results from query criteria

How to create a cutomized view in outlook
hi all , i would like to create a view in the INBOX let say for exampl if 6 April 2004 , i would like to have all my email received wil categorized all in this date . i have tried to created a customise view for my inbox , but this inbox keep giving me the view let say fo example (View 1) 6 April 2004 11:00 AM - SmilePop Easter bunny 06 April 2004 11:00 AM 6 April 2004 12:00 PM - Linda Teo 06 April 2004 12:00 PM i have a link that i have created a view for the inbox for the View 1 This is the link http://www.asp1re.com/outlook.jpg I would want my view to be in this way -----------------...

Update Query ?

Missing icon for adding news button to view list.
When attempting to customize my toolbars and add the News button(icon)to the Go menu, I discovered that I do not have a News button (icon)in the commands list when I select the Go category on the Commands tab. I have tried repairing, reinstalling, uninstalling and reinstalling Office. Anyone know a fix for this. This is Outlook 2003, correct? (Please ALWAYS post your version - there are currently 5 version out with 7 modes) To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

pass through query

a count field in a query?

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Obtain permission on Address Book View
I have a scenario that a administrative account on Exchange 5.5 unable to make any changes under AB View. Under the AB View, Permission, the administrative account is with inherited permission and a Unknown Account is with Admin. Role under the Windows NT accounts with permissions. The account may be deleted already. Currently, I cannot make any administration task on the AB View, even cannot clean any empty container. Are there any method to take the ownership or override the permission so that I can take back the control of the AB View? Thanks. Graham ...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

CRM 3.0: Can't display changes in "incidents" view.
Hi, I want to add columns to the incident view. So far, I customized the view in the parameter section, published the changes, but I'm still unable to view the new columns in the "incidents" view. I did an iisreset, even rebooted the server, without success. Any idea? Did I miss something? Thanks for any help. Jeff Which particular view? There are lots of "incidnet" views, perhaps you customised one and are looking at another. You don't need to publish view customisations (unless I'm completely mistaken..), certainly no need for an iisreset or reboot, ...

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Changing Associated View behavior and functionality
We would like to know whether it is possible to modify any entities (system and custome) Associated behavior thru a supported manner. We would want the Associated Views to have the Quick find functionality. The same functionality that is being used when you look at the listing from the main window. Ideally we're hoping for a supported way of doing this, unsupported way to do this (as long as it works) is also welcome. Hope you can all point me to a link for possible solution. Thanks. All you can modify on the associated (or any other view) is which columns are shown, filtering an...

Dynamic Query
Hi! I am trying to dynamically modify my pass-through query containing a procedure call with 2 parameters. When I run my access app, I get this error: "Object or provider is not capable of performing reuqested operation." Below is my access code: Dim varItem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim cat As ADOX.Catalog Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Dim strMyDate As String, dtMyDate As Date dtMyDate = CDate([Forms]![ySalesHistory]![Start Date]) strMyDate = Format(dtMyDate, "yyyymmdd") strSQL = "procCustomerSalesandPayments '" & s...

How do I show excel worksheets on a webpage when viewed by win98 .
I have made a webpage with an imbedded excel worksheet. It views and functions great from machines running XP, but on the Win98SE machines, it (the excel worksheet) doesn't show. ...

Linking tables in a query
I have a database that contains information on a certain number of individuals during different session. Table 1 'tbl_Tracking_Form1' has information on sessions 2,4 and 6. Table 2 'tbl_Tracking_Form2' has information on sessions 1,3 and 5. Table 3 'tbl_General_Info' has demographic information on all the individuals (those who will eventually attentd sessions 1,2,3,5,5 and 6). I need to create two reports. One (Report1) should display all the information on the individuals during session 2, 4 and 6 and another(Report2) that displays all the information on the i...

Query in Access 2007
I have linked via ODBC tables from another database. I have created a query to pull in two columns of information from the two tables in the query. I would like to add an extra column that is only created when the query is run, to dynamically number each row incrementally, depending on how many rows the query returns. If it returns 10 rows, then the first column should be numbered 1 to 10, if it returns 357 rows, then the rows should automatically incrementally number each from from 1 to 357. Try this but substitute your table and field names. Prim is your primary key. This can o...

web query query!
Hi All I've developed a worksheet that retrieves external data from a web page (stocks & shares info). At the moment I display the data at a certain cell in the worksheet so other cells in the sheet can calculate values of my shares. As I don't need the all the external data to be viewed (I only need one column of values), is there a way to extract the data I need from the web query without displaying it all in the worksheet? Thanks in advance Dave ...