Problem editing Access 2000 db in 2002

We have a db which we converted from 2000 to 2002 and
then edited a query. It then shutdown Access and left
the .ldb file. Is there a problem editing queries created
in earlier versions of Access?

0
EC

I assume you mean that Access shut down abnormally (crashed), which is why
it dod not clean up the ldb file as it normally did.

Take a look at:
    Access Quits Unexpectedly When You Run a Query
at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319491
The article explains that Name AutoCorrect can cause this problem.

Actually it's just one of many caused by this misfeature:
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/bug-03.html

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia.

"EC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a db which we converted from 2000 to 2002 and
> then edited a query. It then shutdown Access and left
> the .ldb file. Is there a problem editing queries created
> in earlier versions of Access?

0
Allen

Help! Cursor problem
When I open Excel, the cursor icon remains an arrow all the time and no longer changes to a vertical/horizonal bar when positioned at the line between cells (so that I can resize columns etc). How do I turn it back to the previous behavior? Thanks! -lc Is the sheet protected? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "luican" <luican@yaNooSpammhoo.com> wrote in message news:...

problem with assembly signing and strong names
Hi, I have an application which consists of a handful of DLLs referencing each other, and does not use assembly signing. This allows us to make a minor patch to one assembly without up-versioning and re-releasing all other assemblies that depend on it, and this has been useful for us in the past. We have recently done some integration with SharePoint which involved web parts. one of our assemblies contains some useful constants and we wanted to reference it from the web part. Any assembly referenced from a web part must be signed with a strong name and put in the GAC. Signing o...

Integration Mgr Access
I have additional staff that need Integration Mgr so they can start using it. Some of us already use it. Our Help Desk is not sure of what needs to be done. Can anyone give me a procedure? Wouldn't a person just do an install on a users PC, enter the Registration key & maybe gain access? Thanks Merle, That is essentially it. You may have to make another adjustment if you want all of your users to share the same integrations. I believe that the default installation results in each user being assigned there own .imd file. If you want to be able to launch IM from ...

Persistent 'pop up' message problem
When Outlook Inbox is opened, the last message is highlighted and a pop up message appears asking where to save the (highlighted )message. No matter what reply is made - Cancel or <enter> - another box pops up asking the same thing. The only way to get out of Outlook is to open task manager and end the Outlook process. Needless to say, Outlook is not usable. I am using Vista. There was a file problem with a recent Vista installation on this computer: Upon reboot, Chkdsk began renaming the security id to a "default id" for all files. Many Thanks. Version of Outlook...

Create Visio Diagrams in Access
Hi I have been tasked with designing, or at least outputting visio diagrams form Access 2007, I believe there is a sample database somewhere with info on how to do this. Please can someone point me to it, or inform me if I am going down the wrong track and let me know if this is just not feasible. Basically I need to output Idef0 diagrams. BTW, I have never worked with Visio before so I am on crash here Also any help or pointers that you can provide to me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Cya You can only retroengineer a mdb database through a ODBC datasource. Just c...

BBF problem
We missed correcting the posting type for one of the GL accounts before we closed last year, so the year end close created a BBF for the account when there shouldn't have been a balance forwarded. Is there any way to correct the BBF - to zero it out (an correct the retained earnings). I know I can alter the GL20000 table for the BBF transaction, but I suspect there is more to it than that. Any guidance would help wndrbear, Check KB Article 864913 in CustomerSource or PartnerSource for the resolution. Best regards, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast...

Disk Defrag (Not DB defreag w/ eseutil)
I'm planning on doing a disk defragment on the volume which contains my Exchange DB's & logs - I know they should be on different volumes but since I didn't build the machine I'll live with it. My concern is the amount of reads and writes that take place during a disk defragment. I am planning on doing the defrag overnight when there is far less usage, but I was not planning on taking the Exchange stores offline. Does anyone have experience performing a defrag while exchange is running? If so would you mind sharing your experience? The last thing I need is to have to rec...

Drop Ship Receiving Problems
We have a drop shipment that was received incorrectly. Apparently someone was doing the GP receiving that is not the normal person. When they recieved the transaction, I am assuming from what it says, someone else was in the document. The Back-Ordered Items Received Report states at the bottom, "Sales Document was in use and couldn't be updated. Please perform the sales reconcile to update quantities and or costs." PO Commitment says "Purchased" not fully recieived. When we try to transfer to order from BO it fails. The purchase order is closed. When I try to fin...

exchange webbased page problem!
hello: i am using exchange 2003 on windows server 2003, the problem i am having is that some of the users webpage exchange excess doesnt work, although they can work perfectly on their office outlook . anybody got any idea ANWAR ADIL CCNA,MCP ...

Outlook 2000 password saving probem
I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my pop3. Also it always asked me for a password when I send an e-mail out even thought I have checked the save password box. Anyone know a fix for this problem? Plkease help. >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2000 and the software will not save the >passwords I give it. A window always pops up asking me >for a paaword whenever I try to connect to my ISP for my >pop3. Also it always asked me ...

compact database in VBA access 2007

Can't Access Newsgroups
How do you get to the newsgroups in Outlook 2003 Pro? I've followed the help instructions and they don't work. Dan If your News command is missing, try the following -- it seems to work for many: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your...

CSV File Problem

Excel Sharing Problem
Hello, We have a problem with Excel Files. In the past, if you opened a file that someone else had open, it would let you know, and ask you if you wanted to open as read only or notify. Now (and I don't know when this changed), it opens normally, even when someone else has it open, but when you go to close it, it then notifies you that "Your changes could not be saved to 'Book1.xls' because of a sharing violation..." and asks if you want to save a Temporary file or lose all changes. Everything I've found on this error addresses what could be causing the fi...

Database Export Wizard Problem
Hi! I am trying to link a shape in an existing drawing to data base, i.e. an Excel File. I do: Tools->Add Ons->Viso Extras->Database Wizard Next Select "Link shapes to database records" Next Select "Shape(s) in a drawing" Next Select a Shape Next Select "Excel Files" Next Select an Excel File Now, I get a box in which I am forced to choose a "table". But the selection list shown is empty. When I try to create a "table" (whereas it is unclear how the field I define relate to the shape I am going to link to the external DB), I get...

On and Off problem
First, this site is awesome. Cheers and congrats to the developers! Second, I got a excel problem (to me it is monster) I got a spreadsheet with Yes or No responses to an online Survey(1 questions). I need a way to give weight to each individual response so that I get total score for that survey response. The formula would be uniforml applied to all responses. That is it. Any help is greatly appreciated! HumbleA 1 2 3 4 5 6 ........ A y n y ............ B y n y ............ C n n y ............ D y y y ...

Query problem
My apologies if this is a duplicate - I don't think the previous one I wrote was mailed. Here's the issue: I'm trying to create a query that displays all of the properties in our database, as well as the date they were inspected. Not each property has been inspected, but I would still like the property to show up on the report. For properties that have not been inspected, there is no record in tblInspection for that property. tblProperty.PropStreet = property name tblInspection.InspDate = inspection date Thanks! See answer to your previous posting -- John Spencer Access MVP...

microsoft.public.access not subscribed group
microsoft.public.access not subscribed groupmicrosoft.public.access not subscribed groupmicrosoft.public.access not subscribed group ...

Access to Microsoft forums and error 13
I wanted to get a wider audience for the error 13 problem that may have been fixed with the latest download. I signed up for the Microsoft's green button, received a confirmation but can't log on. I probably have to wait for someone to come in on Monday. Meanwhile, could someone use the green button media center forum to confirm that the problem was introduced with the previous to last fix and the latest fix solved the problem. I can't verify the fix because I switched to cable and the problem is unique to dialup (switched lines). There's no information with ...

can't delete a corrupt record in a access 2007 table?
Access 2007 program but Access 2000 File format, Can't delete a corrupt record in a table, weird symbols, search error. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- I'm assuming that you tried a compact and repair. Are the weird symbols in a memo field? If so, here's what to try. 1. Make a complete backup of the database mdb file(s) and put away for safe keeping. 2. Create a query ...

Does anyone out there know why I can no longer open Microsoft Money? I click on it, and nothin happens. It locked up on me one day and since then it no longer loads when I try to open it. However, I can start and sign into Money Express from the system tray without a problem; it however will then not load in the full program when I select it. Any thoughts would be apprecaited. Thank you! Assuming you are talking about M2002, you need to uninstall and reinstall. The recommended procedure from MS Support is to reinstall into a different directory although some have found that this ...

Intermittent access delnied getting to Home Drive
I have several users that appear to have intermittent issues getting to their home drive. They will log into the network (Windows 2003 Server) and when they try to access their home drive on the server they will get access denied. If the log off and on again all is happy. Any suggestions are welcomed. -Ben This kind of sounds like they are logging on with cached credentials. Are these remote or vpn users who might have connectivity issues? I can't think of any other reason that could cause this. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/913485 -- Paul Be...

Outlook 2000 security problem.
When I attempt to start MS Outlook 200, I get the following error. Unable to open your default email folders. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file g:\]outlook\workFolders.pst. There is a tract in the MS on-line support that tells about a possible problem with the file secur32.dll. I re- installed this, but it madeno differrence. Any ideas appreciated Thanks Hamish <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I attempt to start MS Outlook 200, I get the > following error. > Unable to open your default email folders....

Month problem

Problems trying to update Pub 2003 with service pack etc.
Apologies for posting this msg. here but I can't use the normal channels. Just installed Pub. 2003. Tried updating to the latest service pack but the installation won't finish, keeps generating an error (IE has encountered a problem etc.). Tried sending support a msg. but same problem, IE keeps clsoing on me. (Also, it seems a plug-in is causing problems - Microsoft sniffer tool). Using XP Pro. PSPP ID: = 6910. Help please! How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation from the Office Update Web site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;30449...