Pocket Access

I have a pocket pc and have the ability to sync pocket
access databases but I don't have a program called Pocket
Access. I have looked everywhere I can think of on the
Microsoft site for the program but can't find it. Anybody
know where I can buy Microsoft Pocket Access for my
pocket pc?
0
SH

Don't believe it's available anymore. You might check out the following,
though:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3300
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3358

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"SH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a pocket pc and have the ability to sync pocket
> access databases but I don't have a program called Pocket
> Access. I have looked everywhere I can think of on the
> Microsoft site for the program but can't find it. Anybody
> know where I can buy Microsoft Pocket Access for my
> pocket pc?

0
Douglas
11/2/2003 11:15:05 PM
Dear Reader

Could you please let me know what windows operating
system you are having on your pocket pc and can u see any
advatange to have windows ce, windows mobile 2002 or
windows mobile 2003?
I want to have an access database on pocket pc and
honestly haven't started yet and not sure what should be
the specification?
I will appreciate if you tell me your expreinces.

0
Sepideh

RowSource in Access 2007
Hi all... i have converted from 2003 to 2007..and when i try to compile my DB the error message Can not find datamember always highlight "RowSource"... I have cascaded comboboxes with the help of rowsource or Selct method.. but now...what do i do...????????? Thanks! On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:16:01 -0800, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Probably a matter of incorrect references. Check Code Window > Tools > References and compare with your A2003 version. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hi all... > >i have converted from 2003 ...

Access DB
I which to creat a Access DB to place on the server for all to use. Do I need to purchase a special version of Access to be able to do this? We are a Samll Business of under 10 employees. thanks Lisa No special purchase is needed for the server. You need a copy of Access on each of the machines that will use this db (i.e. each workstation, but not the server.) If you are using Access 2007, you may be able to use the free runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D9AE78D9-9DC6-4B38-9FA6-2C745A175AED&displaylang=en -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth...

problem on access control on registry
Hi, I create a subkey at LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\..on registry. and I stored some strings there. When I run my program through non-administratro previlige login on my computer , there is problem on create the subkey in the registry. How can I solve the problem? Thank you Julia Hi Julia! 2 solutions: 1- You can give full authorization to all users to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE, but I don't think it's a good idea 2- You find or create a subkey with full privileges and use this subkey instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE Normand "Julia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Pocket Money 2004
I have my PM2004 installed on my Pocket PC 2003. On the Today screen I have my Money Icon. However I don't want my accounts showing up. With some of the accounts I can uncheck the "display on today screen" to get rid of it. How do I get rid of the other accounts... checking , cash, credit card accounts???? In Today/Settings/Today/Items, you should be able to uncheck any account, or just uncheck Money altogether. I keep everything unchecked except cash (so I know when I need to make a run to the bank). :) On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:20:46 -0400, "Jonathan B. Jung" <...

Accessing french newsgroups for Access 2003
Hi, I have a question for Access 2003 MUI. I guess my best option is going to newsgroup in France. Can you provide a way to access these newsgroup. Regards, On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:08:27 -0400, "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a question for Access 2003 MUI. I guess my best option is going to >newsgroup in France. Can you provide a way to access these newsgroup. > >Regards, > Use msnews.microsoft.com as your news server and connect to microsoft.public.fr.access John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

date input mask changes when converting access 97 to access 2000
Hey!, I've just recently converted a database from Access 97 format to Access 2000 and everything seems fine apart from anything to do with dates. I've checked the table setup and the input masks on both databases and they are the same, but when I enter a date into a form, the year field automatically prompts me for 4 digits instead of 2, and on entries where the year is 1904, (or 00 or 01 or 02 or 03) access 2000 automatically assumes the date is this millenium and adds the other 2 digits. Any way to work around this? Thanx in Advance msp IIRC this relates to "mille...

Pocket Access
I have a pocket pc and have the ability to sync pocket access databases but I don't have a program called Pocket Access. I have looked everywhere I can think of on the Microsoft site for the program but can't find it. Anybody know where I can buy Microsoft Pocket Access for my pocket pc? Don't believe it's available anymore. You might check out the following, though: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3300 http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/3358 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "SH" <anonymous@discus...

Excel to Access link
If you have to import data from multiple spreadsheets on multiple servers what is the best way to do it? Do you link Excel to Access on the network or do you use odbc? If you have 3 users of the above database do you use filesharing or do you use Active SErver pages? There is a lot of data more than 15,000 records in Excel. thanks, Are they going to redo it again and again, Access has native import for excel so it is easy to link to the file and import into tables. Question is, is this a one time import or are you going to do it again and again. Excel files are not that large and ...

Money & Pocket PC 2003
I recently downloaded the PPC version of Money (from the Microsoft website) for my iPaq 1945 running PPC 2003. I was unable to install the software on the iPaq. I was able to install the same download on my wife's PPC running PPC 2002 with no problem. I am running Money 2003 Standard on my desktop. Does anyone know when Money will be available for PPC 2003? I'm trying to find out, Tom. -- Michael Gordon - MVP "Tom Magri" <tmagri4@aol.com> wrote in message news:042201c34a07$c1a8fd90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I recently downloaded the PPC version of Money (fr...

Opening a Word Merge and Selecting Its Data Source from Access
I have a form that runs data files for Word Merges that create cover letters and floor plans (Word merges the data, and the actual floor plans are cut and pasted from an interactive floor plan online) and then opens the Word Merge documents. Currently I have each Word document hard-linked to a specific file, and the code saves each query to its respective file. That works fine if only one person is running the letters and floor plans. However, when we are busy, we have multiple people doing the assigning of exhibitors, and each is responsible for running the invoices, letters,...

Windows media player music export into access database
Hi there,I have downloaded a plug-in for windows media player from Microsiftwhich allows me to export my music library to a text file which I canthen import into access. What I would like to do is generate a reportthat lists all the Albums I have grouped under the Artist heading. Theproblem that I have is that the album appears as many times in myreport under the Artist heading as there are tracks on the album. Thisis as there is a record for each track and therefore it shoes multipletimes in the report. Please can anybody tell me if there is a way thatI can get the Album name just to show onc...

access task manager?
How do I access task manager in Windows XP? Control + Alt + Delete, task manager. Or right click on the bottom toolbar (my mind is drawing a blank right now re official name) and choose Task Manager. Note - this question would best've been asked in a WinXP group - this one's for Outlook., Joel wrote: > How do I access task manager in Windows XP? or Ctrl>Shift>Esc "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message news:#hn0N04UDHA.964@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Control + Alt + Delete, task manager. Or ...

Access 97 to Access 2000 and Switchboard Problems
I inherited a databse that was originally an Access 97 databse. Recently oit was converted to Access 2000. No one here is an Access program and my primary function is a hardware person, not a programmer. The databse has a piece under forms called Switchboard. Reportedly, it was a functioning menu unfer the previous version. Now, when we run the form, we are getting an error that says "Compile error: User-defined type not defined". In debug, this is the appicable portion of code it stops on: .. .. Private Sub FillOptions() ' Fill in the options for this switchboard page. &#...

Pocket Outlook
Hi, I got this problem, my SMTP server use TLS Encryption, can anybody help me on how to set my Pocket Outlook 2002 to send email using my SMTP server ? Thanks in advance. regards, Jack ...

Pocket Money #2
I have been using Pocket Money since Money 2003 and all three versions seem to have the same issue. I've gone through three different PPC in this time frame, and have re-installed my PC many times. though I've upgraded the MNY file for each version. When I install pocket money by default it only syncs the last 4 weeks of data, it appears that it doesn't sync correctly or something in the way it syncs doesn't allow the balance on my PPC to be correct. The latest case was on the PC I had a balance of around 2k, but the PPC said I had a negative 1800 balance. Once I changed activ...

Cross application problem(Access violation)
Hi, I have a VB6 app with a treeview control in it. I have to write a vc++ code to get the first child of the first node of the VB6 treeview. The Treeview class is TreeViewWnd20Class.I am giving my code below. I am getting an access violation error. Could you please give any solution? By the way, my VC++ app is a mfc app. void CTreeview1Dlg::OnButton1() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here HWND hWnd1=::FindWindow("ThunderRT6FormDC",NULL); CString str1, str2, str3; str1.Format("%d",str1); //::MessageBox(0,str1,"Form",MB_OK); HWND h...

Access Date Format
Using Access 2002. Is it possible to change the date format to have spaces between each number? eg. D D M M Y Y Y Y (0 4 2 7 2 0 0 7) -- Janelle Continue the below for all characters of your date. Mid(Format([YourField],"ddmmyyyy"),1,1) & " " & Mid(Format([YourField],"ddmmyyyy"),2,1) & " " & Mid(Format([YourField],"ddmmyyyy"),3,1) & " " & -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Janelle" wrote: > Using Access 2002. Is it possible to change the date format to have spaces > be...

Access 2003 treats embedded functions in nested queries as a reference rather than a value
I've run into a curious behavior with Access 2003. I would like to know if Access 2007 handles things differently. I have to provide a bit of background before I can describe the problem. In this context I'm using Access 2003 as a tool to analyze and manipulate string sets. BACKGROUND: Microsoft Access 2003 allows one to embed "expressions" in the query design form. I believe these "expressions" are drawn from Access Basic (VBA Access). I often make use of the "Built-In Functions" "Program Flow" "IIf" and "Switch" functions....

Outlook Web Access
I have never thought of this before - are specific versions of OWA only for specific versions of Exchange? Or, for instance, if I have an Exchange Server 5.5 can I obtain the latest version of OWA to use with it? If so, where from? Any ideas? Thanks in advance Hades "Hades" <no@spam.ta> wrote in news:3fb88dc6$0$249$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net: > I have never thought of this before - are specific versions of OWA > only for specific versions of Exchange? Or, for instance, if I have > an Exchange Server 5.5 can I obtain the latest version of OWA to use >...

pocket outlook addins
Hi all we need to create pocketoutlook addin and add folders to services available in the pocket outlook (pocketpc 2002 edition) can anybudy provide any help or guidance in this regards expecting a quick response. regards Mohan Try microsoft.public.pocketpc - this isn't an Outlook question. :-) Mohan Bisht wrote: > Hi all we need to create pocketoutlook addin and add > folders to services available in the pocket outlook > (pocketpc 2002 edition) can anybudy provide any help or > guidance in this regards > > expecting a quick response. > > regards > Mohan ...

Access Front - SQL Back
I am experimenting with an Access Front End and an SQL Server Back End with Linked Tables. I set up SQL Server 2005 Express on my desktop PC and used SSMA to transfer the tables and some queries to SQL Server. The tables are linked to the Access 2000 Front End. Everything was working fine but when I close the Access .mdb Front End file, I sometimes cannot reopen the Access File. The Access Lock File.9.ldb stays open and does not close when I have closed the Access File. I am unable to reopen the Access .mdb file. I cannot delete the .mdb file or the .ldb file. I get a message that I &qu...

How do you access custom entities with javascript?
I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom attribute, I get an error (null or not an object). My problem is I am checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain criteria, I need to reset the original value. The best way I could think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then restore it if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. jsankovitch@gmail.com wrote: > I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system > attributes, b...

Pocket Quicken or Pocket Money
I don't own a PDA of any kind..... but looking at either PocketPC or Palm. Just curious what everyone is using? Is one or the other any better? Is Pocket Quicken any better than Pocket Money? ...

Access query to get monthly and quarterly report
Hi, I will require 5 tabs in the report. All reports should be able to use the same result set, but not all columns will appear in each report. They will just present the data differently. for example: if month falls with in the start and end date should show yes otherwise No. Immediate help will be appreciated.. thank you in advance Startdate Enddate Nov-09 Jan-10 Jun-12 Dec-12 12/11/09 6/30/2012 Yes Yes Yes No Startdate Enddate Q3-09 Q4-09 Q2-12 Q4-12 12/11/09 6/30/2012 No Yes Yes No Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of C...

Money for pocket PC 2006 and Windows Vista
Hello. I can't get to install money for pocket pc 2006 in windows vista. Everything goes ok installing mnyppc06.exe but fails registering ActiveDsk.dll. I think this is the reason I can't see money icon on Device Center content sync settings. Any thoughts? Thanks in anvance Is Money 2006 for Window Mobile 5 and Money 2006 even supposed to sync via Vista's sync center? I had thought that Money 2006 for WM required ActiveSync, which doesn't run on Vista. Richard wrote: > Hello. I can't get to install money for pocket pc 2006 in windows vista. > Everything goes...